Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > US Congress & The Legislative Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

US Congress & The Legislative Branch Discuss TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY at the Political Forums; TRUMP & RYAN TO DISMANTLE SOCIAL SECURITY - AARP Online Community Sneaky bustards...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 05:52 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,424
Thanks: 52,084
Thanked 24,765 Times in 17,516 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

TRUMP & RYAN TO DISMANTLE SOCIAL SECURITY - AARP Online Community



Sneaky bustards
__________________
RIP VISERYON
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 07:19 PM
300 H and H's Avatar
newer isn't always better
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,977
Thanks: 7,159
Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,512 Posts
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

For decades, Republicans in Washington and Wall Street bankers have told us that Social Security is going broke―even though Social Security has a $2.8 trillion surplus and can pay out 100% of benefits for the next 17 years and over 75% of benefits owed after that.

The above from the article at the link...

So were is the Truth? You hear from one side it is going broke. The other says lots of money...

If Social security can only fund 75% in 17 years, I would lean towards the leaner side of the equation. In 17 years I would like to have 100% benefits not 75%, and the rest goes to some one else.

IF Trump and the Republicans actually do away Social Security, they are done in 4 years... I think they know that, and have something else in mind. This could be just another hit piece written by a sore azzed looser Democrat as well.. So were is the truth?

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,653
Thanks: 1,703
Thanked 10,046 Times in 6,225 Posts
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Have we really reached the point where we're using members' partisan posts from the AARP forum as facts?

That'd be like another forum member using one of Mikey's ramblings as factual news.

__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 09:18 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,424
Thanks: 52,084
Thanked 24,765 Times in 17,516 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
For decades, Republicans in Washington and Wall Street bankers have told us that Social Security is going broke―even though Social Security has a $2.8 trillion surplus and can pay out 100% of benefits for the next 17 years and over 75% of benefits owed after that.

The above from the article at the link...

So were is the Truth? You hear from one side it is going broke. The other says lots of money...

If Social security can only fund 75% in 17 years, I would lean towards the leaner side of the equation. In 17 years I would like to have 100% benefits not 75%, and the rest goes to some one else.

IF Trump and the Republicans actually do away Social Security, they are done in 4 years... I think they know that, and have something else in mind. This could be just another hit piece written by a sore azzed looser Democrat as well.. So were is the truth?

Regards, Kirk
It has been a goal of a faction of extremists in the GOP since SS was instituted. Some have drawn on those extremists still extant within the ranks and newcomers and elites who have private agendas.
And perhaps you underestimate the propaganda machine, while overestimating the common sense of fellow voters.
Some will be thrilled not to have 4% of their paycheck deducted in these economic times, especially if news about this is packaged correctly in a postmodern ad campaign.
__________________
RIP VISERYON
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 11:26 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,635
Thanks: 7,384
Thanked 8,232 Times in 5,131 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Thumbs up Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
For decades, Republicans in Washington and Wall Street bankers have told us that Social Security is going broke―even though Social Security has a $2.8 trillion surplus and can pay out 100% of benefits for the next 17 years and over 75% of benefits owed after that.

The above from the article at the link...

So were is the Truth? You hear from one side it is going broke. The other says lots of money...

If Social security can only fund 75% in 17 years, I would lean towards the leaner side of the equation. In 17 years I would like to have 100% benefits not 75%, and the rest goes to some one else.

IF Trump and the Republicans actually do away Social Security, they are done in 4 years... I think they know that, and have something else in mind. This could be just another hit piece written by a sore azzed looser Democrat as well.. So were is the truth?

Regards, Kirk
AARP has.been running ads praising Trump for promising not to change SS. Now they are whining that Trump is going to get rid of it.

The SS trust fund is filled with IOU that can only be redeemed by funds from current year general revenue. They are unsecured IOU, it is not up for debate.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,635
Thanks: 7,384
Thanked 8,232 Times in 5,131 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
It has been a goal of a faction of extremists in the GOP since SS was instituted. Some have drawn on those extremists still extant within the ranks and newcomers and elites who have private agendas.
And perhaps you underestimate the propaganda machine, while overestimating the common sense of fellow voters.
Some will be thrilled not to have 4% of their paycheck deducted in these economic times, especially if news about this is packaged correctly in a postmodern ad campaign.
SS has had opponents based on a recognition that it is a giant scam. As we have seen the Ponzi scheme is collapsing as soon as it doesn’t extract enough revenue in the current FY to cover it's obligations. It is a systemic fault in the SS law.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 11:44 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,424
Thanks: 52,084
Thanked 24,765 Times in 17,516 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
AARP has.been running ads praising Trump for promising not to change SS. Now they are whining that Trump is going to get rid of it.

The SS trust fund is filled with IOU that can only be redeemed by funds from current year general revenue. They are unsecured IOU, it is not up for debate.
iI haven't seen those "ads" or any indication that is their stance and get the newsletters.
AARP is among other things the largest advocacy group seniors have. We value their help and organization.
Look up the actual numbers of ss intake or just do the math how every work day every hourly employee pays 4% matched by the employer.
If you see an IOU it would be because of ongoing thievery
Don't just blindly believe
Think for yourself.
__________________
RIP VISERYON
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 11:44 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,424
Thanks: 52,084
Thanked 24,765 Times in 17,516 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
SS has had opponents based on a recognition that it is a giant scam. As we have seen the Ponzi scheme is collapsing as soon as it doesn’t extract enough revenue in the current FY to cover it's obligations. It is a systemic fault in the SS law.
uh...no.
__________________
RIP VISERYON
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,635
Thanks: 7,384
Thanked 8,232 Times in 5,131 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
iI haven't seen those "ads" or any indication that is their stance and get the newsletters.
AARP is among other things the largest advocacy group seniors have. We value their help and organization.
Look up the actual numbers of ss intake or just do the math how every work day every hourly employee pays 4% matched by the employer.
If you see an IOU it would be because of ongoing thievery
Don't just blindly believe
Think for yourself.
AARP is front group for insurance sales and Left wing political propaganda. They sold seniors down the river by endorsing Obamacare even though it required 20% reduction in Medicare reimbursements to achieve its phony cost savings and slashed around $900 billion in planded increases to Medicare. Why? Well, AARP got a special carve out tax exemption for executive salaries in excess of $1 million per year. They came to do good and did very well, for themselves.

Look up SS funding, you will see taxes from those currently working and their employers are insufficient to cover current obligations. The IOU from the trust fund are already being presented for payment from the current general fund revenues. Like it or not SS benefits today are funded at the expense of future retirees and at a cost of excluding other priorities.

Oh I agree, the SS trust fund is thievery but it's just the most visible part of the scam. The original SS legislation required surpluses to be "invested" in special purpose government bonds not available to the public. This worked fine as long as their were surpluses but like all Ponzi schemes it falls apart without enough new cash to pay early investors.

Chances are you wouldn't have invested in a retirement plan built on a phony trust fund like SS. But don't worry, the Federal government took care of you by making the "investment" compulsory. Now, we are supposed to trust these jokers with single payer health care.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:01 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Oz and a hard place
Posts: 9,909
Thanks: 7,701
Thanked 6,266 Times in 4,084 Posts
Default Re: TRUMP & RYAN to dismantle SOCIAL SECURITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
AARP is front group for insurance sales and Left wing political propaganda. They sold seniors down the river by endorsing Obamacare even though it required 20% reduction in Medicare reimbursements to achieve its phony cost savings and slashed around $900 billion in planded increases to Medicare. Why? Well, AARP got a special carve out tax exemption for executive salaries in excess of $1 million per year. They came to do good and did very well, for themselves.

Look up SS funding, you will see taxes from those currently working and their employers are insufficient to cover current obligations. The IOU from the trust fund are already being presented for payment from the current general fund revenues. Like it or not SS benefits today are funded at the expense of future retirees and at a cost of excluding other priorities.

Oh I agree, the SS trust fund is thievery but it's just the most visible part of the scam. The original SS legislation required surpluses to be "invested" in special purpose government bonds not available to the public. This worked fine as long as their were surpluses but like all Ponzi schemes it falls apart without enough new cash to pay early investors.

Chances are you wouldn't have invested in a retirement plan built on a phony trust fund like SS. But don't worry, the Federal government took care of you by making the "investment" compulsory. Now, we are supposed to trust these jokers with single payer health care.
Virtually everybody's thinking changes, once they reach the age to participate in the government programs, if they hadn't planned ahead for themselves without including anything that came down the governmental pipeline. It's glaringly obvious that certain posters are all about 'getting theirs' now that they qualify.

AARP plays to that. While they have some interesting articles in their publication, they support and promote government based 'retirement', and I for one, am not willing to support them because of it.

I highly doubt SS will be much of a help when my time comes, but I don't mind too much making my contribution to help those who do need it.

The employee contributes 6.2%, the employer an additional 6.2%. Somehow, I just don't see Trump or Ryan finding a way to eliminate the tax without eliminating the program....
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
and, dismantle, ryan, security, social, trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0