Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Tech Help, Electronics, & Gaming
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tech Help, Electronics, & Gaming Discuss HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings at the General Discussion; Anyone know how to get into ones Rotter Setting Page. I went to my provider Cox Communications and the tech ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 04:48 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 36,302
Thanks: 18,065
Thanked 10,353 Times in 8,079 Posts
Default HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Anyone know how to get into ones Rotter Setting Page.

I went to my provider Cox Communications and the tech wrote down the trick,
192.168.0.1

Said to place it in the address bar. Yet it won't bring up the page so far.

Any other ideas to change settings in ones Router?
__________________



_ ... _ Improvise-Adapt-Over Come ... _ ...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 04:56 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,756
Thanks: 7,321
Thanked 6,173 Times in 3,751 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Anyone know how to get into ones Rotter Setting Page.

I went to my provider Cox Communications and the tech wrote down the trick,
192.168.0.1

Said to place it in the address bar. Yet it won't bring up the page so far.

Any other ideas to change settings in ones Router?
First thing I do when I see popups such as this is try to find out why the sender wants the router settings changed. All to often it's for their benefit, not yours.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:05 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 36,302
Thanks: 18,065
Thanked 10,353 Times in 8,079 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
First thing I do when I see popups such as this is try to find out why the sender wants the router settings changed. All to often it's for their benefit, not yours.


As the Title suggest it was my paid for Avast Internet Security that found it and no pop ups.. Just wanted me to correct the problem..

When I bought the Router long ago security wasn't as important as it is today.

I never set up a pass word or have forgot it. Plus I need to update the firmware.

I was going to by a new Router and do a install but checked with my provider and he had a free solution as I noted above as a trI]ck.[/I]

Agh... Dang auto fill. This is why I tire of replies as if [I go on to long it gets real messy.[/I]
See every sentence.. Explain the to FrancSevin as he hasn't understood my telling him.
jimbo that would be one problem down and this one to go..

Any other ideas now?
__________________



_ ... _ Improvise-Adapt-Over Come ... _ ...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:18 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,756
Thanks: 7,321
Thanked 6,173 Times in 3,751 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
As the Title suggest it was my paid for Avast Internet Security that found it and no pop ups.. Just wanted me to correct the problem..

When I bought the Router long ago security wasn't as important as it is today.

I never set up a pass word or have forgot it. Plus I need to update the firmware.

I was going to by a new Router and do a install but checked with my provider and he had a free solution as I noted above as a trI]ck.[/I]

Agh... Dang auto fill. This is why I tire of replies as if [I go on to long it gets real messy.[/I]
See every sentence.. Explain the to FrancSevin as he hasn't understood my telling him.
jimbo that would be one problem down and this one to go..

Any other ideas now?
I'm not familiar with Cox. My router is provided by Verizon as part of the package. If your router is more than a couple years old, it wouldn't hurt to change it. They are not all that expensive and new ones are much faster than those even a year old. My router gets "broken" ever year or so and Verizon replaces it with the latest and greatest.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:23 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 36,302
Thanks: 18,065
Thanked 10,353 Times in 8,079 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I'm not familiar with Cox. My router is provided by Verizon as part of the package. If your router is more than a couple years old, it wouldn't hurt to change it. They are not all that expensive and new ones are much faster than those even a year old. My router gets "broken" ever year or so and Verizon replaces it with the latest and greatest.


Cox provides me with cable TV, Internet and a land line.. I just happen to have bought the Router from them. So I checked back with them.

Any way I will check back with the Teck I spoke with first and if we don't ge tit solved I will buy new..

My jimbo, later
__________________



_ ... _ Improvise-Adapt-Over Come ... _ ...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlurp For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 11:26 PM
Lollie's Avatar
Ms 'Murica Supreme #42
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,426
Thanks: 14,315
Thanked 13,335 Times in 8,197 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Lurp,you seem to have more problems that anyone else computer-wise.

Hell, I'm just happy to have a laptop, with very few bells and whistles to get me on the internet.
Windows 10 Home Edition.
Windows Defender.
Spectrum in-home WiFi.
__________________
--> Nothing to see here <--
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,257
Thanks: 22,064
Thanked 18,655 Times in 13,715 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Contact Avast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Cox provides me with cable TV, Internet and a land line.. I just happen to have bought the Router from them. So I checked back with them.

Any way I will check back with the Teck I spoke with first and if we don't ge tit solved I will buy new..

My jimbo, later
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,257
Thanks: 22,064
Thanked 18,655 Times in 13,715 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

He needs to limit the porn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
Lurp,you seem to have more problems that anyone else computer-wise.

Hell, I'm just happy to have a laptop, with very few bells and whistles to get me on the internet.
Windows 10 Home Edition.
Windows Defender.
Spectrum in-home WiFi.
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2017, 12:04 AM
Lollie's Avatar
Ms 'Murica Supreme #42
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,426
Thanks: 14,315
Thanked 13,335 Times in 8,197 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
He needs to limit the porn.
Somehow I doubt that Lurpy views porn.
__________________
--> Nothing to see here <--
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2017, 12:08 AM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,257
Thanks: 22,064
Thanked 18,655 Times in 13,715 Posts
Default Re: HELP; Avast is telling me I need to reset my Router's settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
Somehow I doubt that Lurpy views porn.
Why? Is he dead?
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avast, help, need, reset, router, settings, telling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0