01-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked 9,903 Times in 7,712 Posts
The WWW & Threat Predictions for 2017
Look out for these and more to arrive in 2017, and always beware what got some of us in years past.
Keep your security updated
The Internet threat landscape was booming last year for cybercriminals. We reported on 54 major events in 2016. And that’s not counting the little stuff. The threat landscape shifted slightly in the past year, and we have seen some new trends. However, some of the older ones are sticking around and still going strong.
New Threat Predictions for 2017
1. The Internet of Things
2. The Apple Threat Landscape
3. Man in the Middle Attacks
4. Android, Android, Android!
5. Malicious Sites, Drive-by-Downloads and Malvertising
6. Social Media Scams
7. Tax Scams and Identity Theft
Existing Trends Coming Back for More
9. Software Vulnerabilities and Software Updates:
10. 2016 Was a Banner Year for Mega Data Breaches
“When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.”