Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Science, Inventions & Space (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/science-inventions-space/)
-   -   Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’ (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/science-inventions-space/59922-senate-kills-gop-legislation-prohibit-certain-human-animal-chimeras.html)

mr wonder 06-12-2021 11:21 AM

Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’
 
I don't know the details of the bill but if the headline is correct I do NOT understand why democrats voted this down.
it's Unethical and CRAZY to try and breed human animal hybrids.
If Hitler had done it we'd be shocked but since it's the U.S. scientist some how we think it's OK.
Just like when the U.S. science promoted and pioneered Eugenics which German scientist and political leaders imported, embraced and implemented.

Quote:

Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’

The U.S. Senate on Thursday voted along party lines to kill a Republican amendment to a technological development bill aimed at banning experiments to create “certain types of human-animal chimeras” – which scientists use to further medical research – over ethical concerns.

The amendment, proposed by Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.), failed with 48 Republicans voting for it, 49 Democrats voting against it and Sens. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) not voting.

The amendment defines “human-animal chimera,” as various combinations of human and non-human DNA, such as a human embryo “into which… nonhuman cells… have been introduced,” making the species of the embryo “uncertain.”

Another definition is a “nonhuman life form” that is “engineered” to exhibit “human facial features or other bodily morphologies to resemble human features.’

The amendment would have imposed either 10 years imprisonment or a fine of at least $1,000,000 – or both – for even attempting to create a human-animal chimera.

Braun, who is staunchly anti-abortion, said in a statement “human life is distinct and sacred,” and that such experiments are “unethical” and “should be a crime.”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews...h=52f73d924207

We're living in a bad science fiction movie folks.

cnredd 06-12-2021 12:23 PM

Re: Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’
 
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." - Dr. Malcolm, Jurassic Park

saltwn 06-12-2021 10:16 PM

Re: Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 1004959)
I don't know the details of the bill but if the headline is correct I do NOT understand why democrats voted this down.
it's Unethical and CRAZY to try and breed human animal hybrids.
If Hitler had done it we'd be shocked but since it's the U.S. scientist some how we think it's OK.
Just like when the U.S. science promoted and pioneered Eugenics which German scientist and political leaders imported, embraced and implemented.



https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews...h=52f73d924207

We're living in a bad science fiction movie folks.

maybe because we already have some hybrid DNA? I think we must but it's just not widely publicized. think I read something about replacement tissue or something...
??

mr wonder 06-13-2021 06:35 AM

Re: Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1004980)
maybe because we already have some hybrid DNA? I think we must but it's just not widely publicized. think I read something about replacement tissue or something...
??

the only scientist and groups that propose that some humans already have hybrid DNA are those that promote idea of "higher" and "lower" breeds of humans.

But in general evolutionary theories of sub-human and animal human ancestry inevitably lead to this type of thing.
Most people don't realize what evolutionary thinking does to the scientific process and our ideas about ethics.
If taken to it's natural conclusion then we're all JUST animals, with no more intrinsic worth than dust mites.

AZRWinger 06-13-2021 09:21 AM

Re: Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 1004992)
the only scientist and groups that propose that some humans already have hybrid DNA are those that promote idea of "higher" and "lower" breeds of humans.

But in general evolutionary theories of sub-human and animal human ancestry inevitably lead to this type of thing.
Most people don't realize what evolutionary thinking does to the scientific process and our ideas about ethics.
If taken to it's natural conclusion then we're all JUST animals, with no more intrinsic worth than dust mites.

We are already to the point where human life has no intrinsic value, it's called abortion on demand. Sanctioned by the defacto State religion unborn children are literally treated as subhuman. As the Biden administration moves to government funded abortions there will be more remains of unborn children to be marketed for so-called research conducted with government subsidies of course. :o

It should be no surprise Godless Progressive Democrats favor genetic engineering humans while opposing it for an ear of corn. Humans are a cancer destroying the romanticized utopia of nature. Of course only the political elites and uber wealthy would have access to this engineering. :rolls

Manitou 06-13-2021 09:42 AM

Re: Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’
 
I believe liberals have lizard DNA in them.

saltwn 06-13-2021 05:54 PM

Re: Senate Kills GOP Legislation To Prohibit ‘Certain Human-Animal Chimeras’
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1004994)
We are already to the point where human life has no intrinsic value, it's called abortion on demand. Sanctioned by the defacto State religion unborn children are literally treated as subhuman. As the Biden administration moves to government funded abortions there will be more remains of unborn children to be marketed for so-called research conducted with government subsidies of course. :o

It should be no surprise Godless Progressive Democrats favor genetic engineering humans while opposing it for an ear of corn. Humans are a cancer destroying the romanticized utopia of nature. Of course only the political elites and uber wealthy would have access to this engineering. :rolls

Probably more than a few Senators have investments in labs especially since the pandemic started. Both Democrat and Republican.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0