Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Science, Inventions & Space (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/science-inventions-space/)
-   -   First Ever Pic of a Black Hole (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/science-inventions-space/57377-first-ever-pic-black-hole.html)

Hairy Jello 04-10-2019 05:28 PM

First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
Pretty ground-breaking moment in science.

Working together as a 'virtual telescope,' observatories around the world produce first direct images of a black hole

https://www.sciencedaily.com/images/..._1_540x360.jpg

saltwn 04-11-2019 12:21 AM

Re: First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
the subject scares me.
because if they discover some way to extract precious metal or energy there go our taxes and maybe our universe. :afraid

cnredd 04-11-2019 12:21 AM

Re: First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
It IS fascinating..:yes :clap

I'm sorry, but I can't help but be reminded of this long-ago story of pure and blatant stupidity...:yes :crazy

NAACP Urges Hallmark to Pull 'Racist' Card From Shelves

Quote:

A space-themed, talking Hallmark graduation card is being pulled from store shelves because of the cardís reference to a black hole.

But members of the Los Angeles NAACP say the message sounds like "black whore" in the card's audio recording. That's how they hear it, and they say it's racist, KABC-TV in Los Angeles reported.

"That was very demeaning to African-American women when it made reference to African-American women as whores, and at the end it says 'watch your back,'" said Leon Jenkins of the Los Angeles NAACP.

The Hallmark card reads, "Hey world, we are officially putting you on notice," before playfully touting the ambitious future of the new graduate.

Characters known as "Hoops" and "Yoyo" banter on: "And you black holes, you are so ominous. Watch your back."

saltwn 04-11-2019 12:50 AM

Re: First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 966973)
It IS fascinating..:yes :clap

I'm sorry, but I can't help but be reminded of this long-ago story of pure and blatant stupidity...:yes :crazy

NAACP Urges Hallmark to Pull 'Racist' Card From Shelves

:rolls Jesus

FrancSevin 04-11-2019 08:37 AM

Re: First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 966972)
the subject scares me.
because if they discover some way to extract precious metal or energy there go our taxes and maybe our universe. :afraid

:rollsJesus!!!!:rolls

God forbid that some enterprising scientist figures out how to make something useful to mankind out of nothing but a hole.

Lollie 04-11-2019 04:51 PM

Re: First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 966975)
:rolls Jesus

The scripture queen darest taketh thy Lord's name in vain?
Why doesn't this surprise me?

saltwn 04-11-2019 09:54 PM

Re: First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 966982)
:rollsJesus!!!!:rolls

God forbid that some enterprising scientist figures out how to make something useful to mankind out of nothing but a hole.

because they have historically been described as very dangerous to fool with. yes you would definitely back drilling into the inner core of the earth if it were found to produce gold.

saltwn 04-11-2019 09:56 PM

Re: First Ever Pic of a Black Hole
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lollie (Post 967034)
The scripture queen darest taketh thy Lord's name in vain?
Why doesn't this surprise me?

If it was in the preview of any human to not sin, Christ would not have had to die for us. All humans sin. You can see most of mine right away. I dare not wonder at the hidden sins of others who cast stones so easily.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0