Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Religion & Philosophy
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Religion & Philosophy Discuss Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future at the General Discussion; You Tube You Tube interesting...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2016, 08:51 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,552
Thanks: 56,759
Thanked 26,733 Times in 19,192 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future



interesting
__________________
I like candy corn.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2016, 11:02 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

Ah, Norway. Government-loving statists love to hold this place up as a shining example that big government and high taxes are good. Free education. Free healthcare. “Happy” people. Yes, Norway is certainly one o f the wealthiest countries in the world on the basis of GDP per capita… and in a variety of international surveys, it also ranks as one of the ‘happiest’. And yes, Norway is one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world with a total tax burden of roughly 45% of GDP– almost 4x Hong Kong and nearly twice the US. VAT here is a whopping 25%. Personal income tax rates border 55%. Corporate profits tax ranges from 28% to as high as 78%. Norway even has a direct WEALTH TAX. This place is about as socialist as it gets. The Norwegian tax authority’s own website even states, “The Norwegian tax system is based on the principle that everybody should pay tax according to their means and receive services according to their needs.” It’s as if Karl Marx himself wrote the country’s tax policy ....

.... But since everyone seems to agree that Norwegians are so ‘happy’ and have such a high standard of living, is this central economic planning really so bad?Let’s first dispel this ‘happy’ nonsense......

....Norway has created a system that makes it virtually impossible to pull ahead of your peers financially. People are excused for not working hard and squandering the opportunities they could have grabbed. Everyone is the same status, and such equality imbues a unique socialist variety of happiness. This attitude has been deeply inculcated in Norwegian society through what’s known as Jante Law; this is an informal dictate which essentially says ‘You’re only as good as everyone else.’ Consequently, Norwegian culture limits aspirations of achievement. Workers come to the office, punch a clock, shuffle papers, and go home. There is no cultural drive to work hard and get promoted. Work is viewed as what you have to do for 30% of your life, not an opportunity to achieve more and do something that actually matters."
More at https://www.sovereignman.com/lifesty...er-taxes-8235/

Orwellian.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 01:19 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,552
Thanks: 56,759
Thanked 26,733 Times in 19,192 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Ah, Norway. Government-loving statists love to hold this place up as a shining example that big government and high taxes are good. Free education. Free healthcare. “Happy” people. Yes, Norway is certainly one o f the wealthiest countries in the world on the basis of GDP per capita… and in a variety of international surveys, it also ranks as one of the ‘happiest’. And yes, Norway is one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world with a total tax burden of roughly 45% of GDP– almost 4x Hong Kong and nearly twice the US. VAT here is a whopping 25%. Personal income tax rates border 55%. Corporate profits tax ranges from 28% to as high as 78%. Norway even has a direct WEALTH TAX. This place is about as socialist as it gets. The Norwegian tax authority’s own website even states, “The Norwegian tax system is based on the principle that everybody should pay tax according to their means and receive services according to their needs.” It’s as if Karl Marx himself wrote the country’s tax policy ....

.... But since everyone seems to agree that Norwegians are so ‘happy’ and have such a high standard of living, is this central economic planning really so bad?Let’s first dispel this ‘happy’ nonsense......

....Norway has created a system that makes it virtually impossible to pull ahead of your peers financially. People are excused for not working hard and squandering the opportunities they could have grabbed. Everyone is the same status, and such equality imbues a unique socialist variety of happiness. This attitude has been deeply inculcated in Norwegian society through what’s known as Jante Law; this is an informal dictate which essentially says ‘You’re only as good as everyone else.’ Consequently, Norwegian culture limits aspirations of achievement. Workers come to the office, punch a clock, shuffle papers, and go home. There is no cultural drive to work hard and get promoted. Work is viewed as what you have to do for 30% of your life, not an opportunity to achieve more and do something that actually matters."
More at https://www.sovereignman.com/lifesty...er-taxes-8235/

Orwellian.
why dont you ask some Norwegians? you do have the internet. I'm convinced of that. Danish people , virtually all of Scandinavian thinks we r backward. they have systems that look at the whole of society, the whole of a human being not just the bottom line for big corporations. they have less crime and are healthier and arguably happier
__________________
I like candy corn.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 01:41 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,552
Thanks: 56,759
Thanked 26,733 Times in 19,192 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

__________________
I like candy corn.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 08:03 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,719 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
why dont you ask some Norwegians? you do have the internet. I'm convinced of that. Danish people , virtually all of Scandinavian thinks we r backward. they have systems that look at the whole of society, the whole of a human being not just the bottom line for big corporations. they have less crime and are healthier and arguably happier
Which is why I don't live in Scandinavia. And since I don't live there, I don't care what they think.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,791
Thanks: 812
Thanked 7,374 Times in 5,270 Posts
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

Those Norwegians remind me of mushrooms. They are kept in the dark and fed shlt, until one day somebody eats them.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,381 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

It would be best if Michael Moore was in gitmo. I heard he loves Cuba.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 02:43 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,552
Thanks: 56,759
Thanked 26,733 Times in 19,192 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
It would be best if Michael Moore was in gitmo. I heard he loves Cuba.
says a fox limbaugh drone
__________________
I like candy corn.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,381 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
says a fox limbaugh drone
Well now, aren't you cute in the way you choose to dismiss me as a viable participant on this message board. You're wrong, but if it makes you feel better to assign your incorrect positions to those you disagree with, go for it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,739
Thanks: 7,239
Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,679 Posts
Default Re: Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Future

The USA is in a unique position in the world in the diversity of our HUGE population.

We have people speaking a variety of languages with a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds. We have a variety of religious beliefs so yes we do occasionally have violent disagreements that lead to a much higher crime rate then elsewhere.
Oh yes we do have freedom to bear arms and we have freedom of the press so "people" such as Moore can portray our nation in a bad light. The press can show every shooting that happens anywhere in this country and portray our crime in such a way as to make it seem as if the streets run red with blood. I suppose if we had dawn to dusk curfews and that sort of thing perhaps we would have less crime? Do you wish to live in those conditions. NOTE: I am not saying that Norway has that. I am just making a comparison to the USA and other nations in general.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
and, future, goes, michael, moore, norway, prison, the, visits

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0