Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Religion & Philosophy (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/religion-philosophy/)
-   -   Animals in Heaven (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/religion-philosophy/41512-animals-heaven.html)

Manitou 12-28-2014 11:57 AM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 722193)
I believe in provable fact. And Rock and Roll

Do you believe Rap is Hell?

FrancSevin 12-28-2014 11:58 AM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaTD (Post 722164)
According to the New Testament Jesus attacked the "money-changers" at the temple (not quite as non-violent as Christians like to portray Jesus) and money was used to purchase animals for sacrifice based upon the Hebrew religion. Of course there was also barter but then money was nothing more than a common commodity used in the barter system.

Animal (and human) sacrifices existed long before the Hebrew religion and they were a pagan ceremony adopted by the Jews. Christianity was nothing more than a Jewish cult religion prior to the marketing campaign to the Romans and it would have disappeared had it not been for the marketing of the religion to the Romans. It never had "traction" among the Jews and it was the merger of Roman/Greek mythology with Jewish religious teaching that was responsible for the expansion of Christianity into a (Roman) world religion.



Are you claiming that Heaven is a place of delusion where people "perceive" bounty and happiness? Sounds exactly like what the heroin addict experiences.
An interesting factoid about the Hebrew/Christian tradition. In the three different Biblical versions of the Ten Commandments the First Commandment, common to all of them, states "You shall have no other gods before Me" which is an admission that other gods exists. Who are these other gods that the First Commandment refers to?

I love the way your twist what someone says, erect a strawman, and then insult them. It is why I dislike discussions with you.

Just as you did with the Pontiac's dimensions, you sorta make things up as you go along as though you might actually know something about what you say. Which allows you to quote and analyze and critic from a text, such as the bible, while having no respect for it.

You shall have no other Gods before me" is no such admission. But you suggest to make it so. in fact the command sternly makes it clear that mankind shall invent no other gods. This because despite temptations presented otherwise, only ONE exists.

Mikeyy 12-28-2014 12:05 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 722203)
I love the way your twist what someone says, erect a strawman, and then insult them. It is why I dislike discussions with you.

Just as you did with the Pontiac's dimensions, you sorta make things up as you go along as though you might actually know something about what you say. Which allows you to quote and analyze and critic from a text, such as the bible, while having no respect for it.

You shall have no other Gods before me" is no such admission. But you suggest to make it so. in fact the command sternly makes it clear that mankind shall invent no other gods. This because despite temptations presented otherwise, only ONE exists.

That is not what the bible says though is it?

Mikeyy 12-28-2014 12:06 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manitou (Post 722202)
Do you believe Rap is Hell?

Yes, It is the devils music as is hip hop and Barry Manilow.

Manitou 12-28-2014 12:09 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 722209)
Yes, It is the devils music as is hip hop and Barry Manilow.

So the devil is provable fact?:eek

Mikeyy 12-28-2014 12:10 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manitou (Post 722211)
So the devil is provable fact?:eek

Yep, She wears a blue dress and went down to Georgia

cnredd 12-29-2014 01:41 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLiberty (Post 722195)
you're nothing but a ****ing hypocrite mikeyy,

...:(

ShivaTD 12-29-2014 01:49 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 722203)
You shall have no other Gods before me" is no such admission. But you suggest to make it so. in fact the command sternly makes it clear that mankind shall invent no other gods. This because despite temptations presented otherwise, only ONE exists.

Considering that there is no evidence of any gods, and never has been, then the proposition that people should not invent gods would include the invention of the God of Abraham and the invention of Jesus as a demigod (i.e. part god, part human).

Back to the point of the thread. If a person wants to have a religious belief in "heaven" or the after-life as a place where animals co-exist with human beings they should probably give up Christianity and take up beliefs in Native-American religions where animals typically have a spirit just like humans. The Christian religion typically doesn't believe that animals have spirits and therefore can't exist in the after-life.

NATIVE AMERICAN SPIRITUALITY

Lollie 12-29-2014 02:08 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Believers don't need evidences or proofs, so much.
That's what faith is all about.

Mikeyy 12-29-2014 02:09 PM

Re: Animals in Heaven
 
Exactly, And that extends to politics and all sorts of things.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lollie (Post 722507)
Believers don't need evidences or proofs, so much.
That's what faith is all about.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0