Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Religion & Philosophy
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Religion & Philosophy Discuss Can an atheist end up in heaven? at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by mlurp Geee what an IDIOT.......... But from you thats a norm... Try to show a fool a ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Geee what an IDIOT.......... But from you thats a norm...

Try to show a fool a thing and it gets negitive results. Hey just toss them the dang fish and leave it at that. Don't bother to try again.
I'm an idiot because I asked you to explain your point?

Fine! Think whatever you want.

BTW, no, you didn't try. Explaining yourself would've been trying. Ending the conversation because you had to do more work, is not.
Reply With Quote
  #192 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2010, 07:51 PM
762nato's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NORTHERN NJ
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,255
Thanks: 2,105
Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,052 Posts
Default Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

According to Catholic teaching God's capacity to forgive is enormous. Even Bill-o can get into heaven
__________________
ΜΌΛΌΝ ΛΆΒΈ (come and take them)

THE DEMOCRATS HAVEN'T BEEN THIS ANGRY SINCE THE REPUBLICANS FREED THEIR SLAVES
Reply With Quote
  #193 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762nato View Post
According to Catholic teaching God's capacity to forgive is enormous. Even Bill-o can get into heaven
In that context, "enormous" may be an understatement.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billo_Really For This Useful Post:
  #194 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,168
Thanks: 97
Thanked 182 Times in 148 Posts
Cool Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
Oh God, please forgive me for I have sinned...
I give you an indulgence, you may now be forgiven for not withdrawing YOUR side's occupiers.

Most Afghanis can barely read even their Koran, so it is easy to SEE that a decade of occupiers weighs more than a few words from a Christian they have been told their Koran hates.

If the Taliban rejected such a move for charity, it would be surprising even to me.

Making it known that we are not having a cease-fire with Al Quacka though, thereby justifying their tactics, only makes it us versus them.

In us versus them, without some easily recognizable moral reason, like terrorism is an enemy, like they attacked first and it was not in response to them being a proxy for the lukewarm "liberal" arts of war of One Iraq, Two Iraq, Three Iraq!, where half a million children died in Clinton's war, we will always lose as occupiers.

PS. From mlurp's link I saw a video of the China flood after the heartburn commercial, I am kind of missing the point on that one too, but I am brain dead.

Last edited by DivineComedy; 08-15-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #195 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2010, 01:49 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,921 Times in 8,518 Posts
Default Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
So now you're going to start imbedding **** in my posts like Adept1 did, just to make it harder for me to respond.

That's pretty disrespectful!

Now I have to go through all these extra steps if I want to respond to this...

It wouldn't be to the advantage of both sides.

Most of the insurgency is caused by the occupation.


What do you know about reality?

You can't even figure out what my point was!

And WTF is all this ****?

What video? What are you talking about? Who are you talking too? Or are you the one doing the talking?
What needs to be explained clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Geee what an IDIOT.......... But from you thats a norm...

Try to show a fool a thing and it gets negitive results. Hey just toss them the dang fish and leave it at that. Don't bother to try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
I'm an idiot because I asked you to explain your point?

Fine! Think whatever you want.

BTW, no, you didn't try. Explaining yourself would've been trying. Ending the conversation because you had to do more work, is not.
And your a joke.. It is self explanatory

Look Billo you want to play games I don't. And your idea of what is and mine don't mess.

But I am NOT going to run around by you or anyone else. The above show your game playing and BS as most of the newer left leaning nut jobs use and has been your way with me for far to long...

So pull that Dipstick from where you placed it and grow up. AND REALIZE you make no rules here as I don't.

But I do have my own and you have NO control over them.. Say what you like. But the above shows your wrong. And like with the Nation Israel, which I support and you see evil just with the Jews, your wrong again.

And two wrongs will lead to more wrongs.. WHICH I don't care to be part of. Some of what you post is good and I enjoy it.

But from NOW on I will ignore you and hope you do the same, but don't care if you do or don't.
I will and thats what counts in my book and I wrote it so I am happy with it.


So that is settled.. If you like it or NOT!!!!!!
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...

Last edited by mlurp; 08-15-2010 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #196 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,168
Thanks: 97
Thanked 182 Times in 148 Posts
Cool Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
What needs to be explained clown?





And your a joke.. It is self explanatory

Look Billo you want to play games I don't. And your idea of what is and mine don't mess.

But I am NOT going to run around by you or anyone else. The above show your game playing and BS as most of the newer left leaning nut jobs use and has been your way with me for far to long...

So pull that Dipstick from where you placed it and grow up. AND REALIZE you make no rules here as I don't.

But I do have my own and you have NO control over them.. Say what you like. But the above shows your wrong. And like with the Nation Israel, which I support and you see evil just with the Jews, your wrong again.

And two wrongs will lead to more wrongs.. WHICH I don't care to be part of. Some of what you post is good and I enjoy it.

But from NOW on I will ignore you and hope you do the same, but don't care if you do or don't.
I will and thats what counts in my book and I wrote it so I am happy with it.


So that is settled.. If you like it or NOT!!!!!!
Swiffer 360 duster...then I saw our aid sitting in helos and their aid getting through, they were the ones who showed up.

The first time I clicked the link though it took me to a Chinese video.

Maybe Yahoo is the clown and joke and Billo just got honestly misdirected like me.

Plus the way you responded to his post did kind of make it hard to understand what was his and what was yours. I could not tell what he said and what you said. Billo has a hard enough time with me.

Billo is hardly an IDIOT, clown, or a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #197 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Khandahar's Avatar
Burn-em upus asphaltus
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Painted Desert
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 291
Thanked 260 Times in 175 Posts
Default Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
I'd say "huge" is an understatement.
I prefer to understate.

Quote:
We're not parting ways, I feel the same way too about them (and the Northern Alliance). Maybe I should of said they had a chance at an epiphany, to be good people.
No, these same people in America would be Wall Street thieves. It is the mindset that is the same, the peripherals change.

Quote:
We are at where we are now, because of what you say below, more than the good or evilness of the Taliban.

We've backed (and put into power) regimes that are tyrannical, as long as they do business with us. Pinochet in Chili and the Shah of Iran to name a few. Even Saddam Hussein was our bitch, way back when.

The very foundations of our relationship with Iran are lain in the 1950s, and our meddlesome ways, the same with the Middle East in 1918, although the UK had more to do with that.

Quote:
We told them 9 weeks before 9/11, "If you don't accept our carpet of gold (refering to the rolyalties from the pipline), we will bury you in a carpet of bombs".
One way or another.


Quote:
Because we are no longer a democratic republic, we are a corporate oligarchy.
At least one other person here sees the truth of it and it would be all so easy for the people to change this, if they saw the truth too. Insteadm they get their panties in a bunch about birth certificates.



Quote:
Because the alleged morals of the nation are too narcissistic to stop the immorals, by being more well informed about the issues when they vote.
If they are informed, most choose not to be. It interfers with their prejudices.



Quote:
Or maybe their just too damn lazy and they don't have TEVO to tape American Idol.

I wonder about that, all the time.
American what?


Quote:
That's between the Buddhists and the Taliban.

It was about religious intolerance, and the world tolerating it.

Quote:
We can only legally attack the country that attacks us. And the Taliban did not attack us on 9/11. In fact, they warned UBL beforehand, not to do anything to the US. But don't get me wrong, the Taliban was not the legitimate government of Afghanistan anyway. They just when in their from Pakistan to take advantage of a power vacuum when the Soviets left. If the UNSC had authorized a resolution for member states to use "all necessary means" to remove them from power like we did to Iraq in Kuwaiit, I would have no problem with us going in their and doing that in concert with world opinion.




Quote:
But there's another way to look at this. If the Woodstock generation has now reached the highest levels of government, it's reasonable to assume we went into Afghanistan to control their poppy fields. Because, after all, their motto is, "There's no dope, like good dope!"
That's a bit jaded, don't you think?

Quote:
If there was a 1770' Jesus, Oral Robert's would be running around saying, "I told you so!" and Jesus would be running around kicking our ass for forgetting his teachings.
I meant a 1700' statue/carving of Jesus.


Quote:
That's why I have so much contempt for neocon's and the pro-war crowd. We used to be the beacon of democracy and had the respect of the entire world for our sacrifices in WWII. All that is now gone because of these two bull****, illegal and immoral wars and we are now the "beacon of hypocrisy".
Even the supposed anti-war crowd in DC voted to give that retard from Texas illegal authorization to take the country into an illegal war.

Quote:
BTW, when Condi Rice was at a UN conference, I forget who she was accusing, but the moment she said that the country's leaders were violating the human rights of their citizens and that the UN should take action in the matter, the whole room burst out laughing.
The highlight of her tenure as SoS.
Reply With Quote
  #198 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Can an atheist end up in heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
What needs to be explained clown?

And your a joke.. It is self explanatory

Look Billo you want to play games I don't. And your idea of what is and mine don't mess.

But I am NOT going to run around by you or anyone else. The above show your game playing and BS as most of the newer left leaning nut jobs use and has been your way with me for far to long...

So pull that Dipstick from where you placed it and grow up. AND REALIZE you make no rules here as I don't.

But I do have my own and you have NO control over them.. Say what you like. But the above shows your wrong. And like with the Nation Israel, which I support and you see evil just with the Jews, your wrong again.

And two wrongs will lead to more wrongs.. WHICH I don't care to be part of. Some of what you post is good and I enjoy it.

But from NOW on I will ignore you and hope you do the same, but don't care if you do or don't.
I will and thats what counts in my book and I wrote it so I am happy with it.


So that is settled.. If you like it or NOT!!!!!!
I guess an autographed copy, is out of the question?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atheist, can, end, heaven

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0