Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   The President & the Executive Branch (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/president-executive-branch/)
-   -   Biden's obsession with Trump (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/president-executive-branch/60654-bidens-obsession-trump.html)

pjohns 01-06-2022 05:27 PM

Biden's obsession with Trump
 
I will certainly admit that Donald Trump is often rude, nasty, and unnecessarily insulting. No argument there.

But Joe Biden seems to go out of his way to pick a fight with the man, rather than just ignoring him.

He frequently compares what is being done under his own administration with "the previous administration"--to the detriment of the latter.

And just today, Biden angrily claimed that Trump "cares more" about his own "bruised ego" than he cares about American "democracy," or our "Constitution."

This was, of course, in response to the horrid events of January 6, 2021.

Now, I do think that Donald Trump could have requested that the protestors go home, peacefully, sooner than he did.

But as I just said, President Biden seems intent upon picking a fight with the man.

This does not seem especially presidential...

Constant_Slothrop 01-06-2022 05:57 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014267)
I will certainly admit that Donald Trump is often rude, nasty, and unnecessarily insulting. No argument there.

But Joe Biden seems to go out of his way to pick a fight with the man, rather than just ignoring him.

He frequently compares what is being done under his own administration with "the previous administration"--to the detriment of the latter.

And just today, Biden angrily claimed that Trump "cares more" about his own "bruised ego" than he cares about American "democracy," or our "Constitution."

This was, of course, in response to the horrid events of January 6, 2021.

Now, I do think that Donald Trump could have requested that the protestors go home, peacefully, sooner than he did.

But as I just said, President Biden seems intent upon picking a fight with the man.

This does not seem especially presidential...

The prior president spent two months lying about the results of the election in an effort to subvert the Constitution and prevent Biden from taking the office he rightfully won, culminating in a violent attack on Congress by a mob of his supporters, and has never shown one iota of remorse for the harm he did to this country and its institutions, and you think that Biden's the one acting unpresidential? That's laughably insane.

saltwn 01-06-2022 06:23 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014267)
I will certainly admit that Donald Trump is often rude, nasty, and unnecessarily insulting. No argument there.

But Joe Biden seems to go out of his way to pick a fight with the man, rather than just ignoring him.

He frequently compares what is being done under his own administration with "the previous administration"--to the detriment of the latter.

And just today, Biden angrily claimed that Trump "cares more" about his own "bruised ego" than he cares about American "democracy," or our "Constitution."

This was, of course, in response to the horrid events of January 6, 2021.

Now, I do think that Donald Trump could have requested that the protestors go home, peacefully, sooner than he did.

But as I just said, President Biden seems intent upon picking a fight with the man.

This does not seem especially presidential...

Why hide the fact Trump attempted to stay in office by any means?

pjohns 01-06-2022 08:17 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1014278)
Why hide the fact Trump attempted to stay in office by any means?

I think Trump's actions on January 6, 2021 were despicable. (He could have asked the crowd to disperse much earlier than he did.)

But that does not absolve Joe Biden of all blame for his rhetoric over the past year. (In fact, it does not absolve him of any of the blame for that rhetoric.)

saltwn 01-06-2022 09:10 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014285)
I think Trump's actions on January 6, 2021 were despicable. (He could have asked the crowd to disperse much earlier than he did.)

But that does not absolve Joe Biden of all blame for his rhetoric over the past year. (In fact, it does not absolve him of any of the blame for that rhetoric.)

Some people don't think he has done enough.

AZRWinger 01-07-2022 07:12 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1014278)
Why hide the fact Trump attempted to stay in office by any means?

Because Trump didn't try to stay in office by any means. He looked at legal options for protesting and potentially overturning a corrupt election. Despite the mediaís persistent lies and insistence on it there was no insurrection on January 6th nor any Trump attempt to remain in power illegally. :thumbsup

Immediately following the announcements Trump had won the Presidency Democrats began an unrelenting campaign in Congress, the executive branch and in the streets with frequent violence to overturn the election. That's conveniently ignored in the pearl clutching over the January 6th protests. That's not an excuse for what happened on January 6th when a small group forced their way into the Capitol building and a larger number of mostly peaceful protesters made their way in some invited by the Capitol police. :rolls

AZRWinger 01-07-2022 07:31 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014285)
I think Trump's actions on January 6, 2021 were despicable. (He could have asked the crowd to disperse much earlier than he did.)

But that does not absolve Joe Biden of all blame for his rhetoric over the past year. (In fact, it does not absolve him of any of the blame for that rhetoric.)

It's easy to condemn Trump for not calling for the protesters to leave sooner with the advantage of perfect hindsight. Had Trump issued an immediate declaration to withdraw the headlines would have been "Panicked Trump Calls Off Coup Attempt" as if he commanded the protesters. :rolls

Of course if Obama had acted promptly to help the Americans besieged by terrorists at Benghazi instead of retiring to the family quarters in the WH it would have sent a message the US is committed to defending its personnel stationed overseas as outposts of the Republic.

But hey, the Bad Orange man is always in the wrong. ;)

Constant_Slothrop 01-07-2022 08:48 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014285)
I think Trump's actions on January 6, 2021 were despicable. (He could have asked the crowd to disperse much earlier than he did.)

But that does not absolve Joe Biden of all blame for his rhetoric over the past year. (In fact, it does not absolve him of any of the blame for that rhetoric.)

Trump's action prior to January 6 were equally reprehensible, as have been his actions since. He has continued to lie about the election results and has continued to defend the rioters who attacked Congress on his behalf. If anything, Biden should have been harsher in his condemnation of Trump's anti-American bullshlt.

Constant_Slothrop 01-07-2022 08:53 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1014299)
It's easy to condemn Trump for not calling for the protesters to leave sooner with the advantage of perfect hindsight. Had Trump issued an immediate declaration to withdraw the headlines would have been "Panicked Trump Calls Off Coup Attempt" as if he commanded the protesters. :rolls

Jesus ****ing Christ. Everyone with an ounce of common sense knew immediately that what was happening in the Capitol on January 6 was reprehensible and should have been condemned, and that the only person who possibly could have been effective at stopping the rioters by issuing an immediate condemnation was Donald Trump. It wasn't hindsight. There were a chorus of people making that argument even as the attack was just beginning, including lots of prominent conservatives and Republicans. As I've said, Trump's responsibility for what happened that day began long before January 6, but he had the ability to mitigate the damage and he chose not to exercise it. He, and those like you bending over backwards to defend his actions and to dismiss the seriousness of what happened that day, are enemies of American democracy.

pjohns 01-07-2022 12:10 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1014287)
Some people don't think he has done enough.

I am assuming that the antecedent of "he" is Biden--and not Trump.

If that is the case, are you in the "some people" group?

And, if so, just what would you suggest that Joe Biden could do--and should do?

saltwn 01-07-2022 05:20 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1014298)
Because Trump didn't try to stay in office by any means. He looked at legal options for protesting and potentially overturning a corrupt election. Despite the mediaís persistent lies and insistence on it there was no insurrection on January 6th nor any Trump attempt to remain in power illegally. :thumbsup

Immediately following the announcements Trump had won the Presidency Democrats began an unrelenting campaign in Congress, the executive branch and in the streets with frequent violence to overturn the election. That's conveniently ignored in the pearl clutching over the January 6th protests. That's not an excuse for what happened on January 6th when a small group forced their way into the Capitol building and a larger number of mostly peaceful protesters made their way in some invited by the Capitol police. :rolls

What is you evidence of that?

saltwn 01-07-2022 05:22 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014316)
I am assuming that the antecedent of "he" is Biden--and not Trump.

If that is the case, are you in the "some people" group?

And, if so, just what would you suggest that Joe Biden could do--and should do?

no but I don't find his mention of the perpetrator weird or off balance.

AZRWinger 01-08-2022 07:27 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014304)
Jesus ****ing Christ. Everyone with an ounce of common sense knew immediately that what was happening in the Capitol on January 6 was reprehensible and should have been condemned, and that the only person who possibly could have been effective at stopping the rioters by issuing an immediate condemnation was Donald Trump. It wasn't hindsight. There were a chorus of people making that argument even as the attack was just beginning, including lots of prominent conservatives and Republicans. As I've said, Trump's responsibility for what happened that day began long before January 6, but he had the ability to mitigate the damage and he chose not to exercise it. He, and those like you bending over backwards to defend his actions and to dismiss the seriousness of what happened that day, are enemies of American democracy.

Now you condemn Trump for not obeying the advice of FNC commentators? Democrats and their media stooges had been hammering the President accusing him of being their lackey since the moment he came down the escalator but with perfect hindsight and based on the unfounded assumption the protesters were Trumpís to command, it's obvious. :rolls

Democrats continue to shamelessly push a time-line that begins with the last 15 minutes of his speech to the rally. The fact that protesters were already making entry to the Capitol while the President was speaking, calling for peaceful protests shows they were not his to command. But hey, Orange man bad doesn't care about the truth. :thumbsup

The live TV coverage of January 6th looped the same scenes of clashes with the Capitol police with hysterical commentary repeating the same polemics describing the event as the most violent attack on the Capitol since 1812, clearly a lie. These are the same "news" organizations with a fondness for describing the BLM/Antifa rioters as mostly peaceful despite the towering conflagration in the background. :o Meanwhile videos of the Capitol police holding the doors open to usher in protesters took weeks to emerge. :eek

The House select lynch mob claims their mission is to thoroughly investigate the events of January 6th but they have made no attempt to unlock the thousands of hours of video recordings hidden away by the speakers office. They offer no reason for their disinterest in provocateurs like Ray Epps who mysteriously vanished from the FBI most wanted list once his identity was known. ;)

Constant_Slothrop 01-08-2022 10:26 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1014361)
Now you condemn Trump for not obeying the advice of FNC commentators? Democrats and their media stooges had been hammering the President accusing him of being their lackey since the moment he came down the escalator but with perfect hindsight and based on the unfounded assumption the protesters were Trump’s to command, it's obvious. :rolls

Democrats continue to shamelessly push a time-line that begins with the last 15 minutes of his speech to the rally. The fact that protesters were already making entry to the Capitol while the President was speaking, calling for peaceful protests shows they were not his to command. But hey, Orange man bad doesn't care about the truth. :thumbsup

The live TV coverage of January 6th looped the same scenes of clashes with the Capitol police with hysterical commentary repeating the same polemics describing the event as the most violent attack on the Capitol since 1812, clearly a lie. These are the same "news" organizations with a fondness for describing the BLM/Antifa rioters as mostly peaceful despite the towering conflagration in the background. :o Meanwhile videos of the Capitol police holding the doors open to usher in protesters took weeks to emerge. :eek

The House select lynch mob claims their mission is to thoroughly investigate the events of January 6th but they have made no attempt to unlock the thousands of hours of video recordings hidden away by the speakers office. They offer no reason for their disinterest in provocateurs like Ray Epps who mysteriously vanished from the FBI most wanted list once his identity was known. ;)

The timeline of Trump’s incitement of the insurrection began in November 2020. It wasn’t just his speech on January 6 that incited the mob. It’s was his two months of lies about a stolen election.

AZRWinger 01-08-2022 12:18 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014369)
The timeline of Trumpís incitement of the insurrection began in November 2020. It wasnít just his speech on January 6 that incited the mob. Itís was his two months of lies about a stolen election.

Talk about nonresponsive answers. Again, I layout facts and you respond with unfounded polemics. :rolls

Constant_Slothrop 01-09-2022 11:54 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1014371)
Talk about nonresponsive answers. Again, I layout facts and you respond with unfounded polemics. :rolls

Lol. You posted a bunch of propaganda nonsense. Trump is complicit in and morally responsible for the catastrophe of January 6, 2021. Mitch McConnell agrees with that. Kevin McCarthy agrees with that (although he now pretends he never repeatedly said that). Mitt Romney agrees with that. Those who continue to deny it are enemies of American democracy.

AZRWinger 01-09-2022 01:46 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014386)
Lol. You posted a bunch of propaganda nonsense. Trump is complicit in and morally responsible for the catastrophe of January 6, 2021. Mitch McConnell agrees with that. Kevin McCarthy agrees with that (although he now pretends he never repeatedly said that). Mitt Romney agrees with that. Those who continue to deny it are enemies of American democracy.

More vapid rhetoric from you. Can't make the case for insurrection so now you shift to the faux moral judgement. Yeah sure, moral judgement from the Democrat party that brazenly features the rotting corpse of Harry Reid, the king of Congressional corruption who thought nothing of repeating false partisan slander from the Senate floor, using his sons as proxy lobbyists to whore out his office and shamelessly perverting Senate procedures to advance partisan ends.

Of course you will respond with another fact free rant of pathetic attacks against the Bad Orange man "full of sound and fury signifying nothing" to quote a phrase. :D

WallyWager 01-09-2022 05:04 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014369)
The timeline of Trumpís incitement of the insurrection began in November 2020. It wasnít just his speech on January 6 that incited the mob. Itís was his two months of lies about a stolen election.

I'd argue it started well before that. I remember when Trump repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that there were millions of illegal votes in the 2016 election. You know, the one he won. His garbage ego couldn't deal with losing the popular vote, despite winning.

His administration even set up some bogus voter fraud commission which of course shut down once nobody could come up with the mass fraud he kept saying was out there. And before a single vote was counted in the 2020 election, he was out there saying the only way he'd lose is if "they" stole the election. He would come back to this refrain throughout his campaign, dude was sowing the seeds of something bad well before November.

Far as Biden and "obsession" goes, two things:

1. Referring to a previous administration's record isn't new, and not uncommon especially during the 1st two years of president's tenure. I mean you've got to show progress for the midterms lol, whatever they may be. Biden wasn't the first and won't be the last, however you feel about it.

2. Mayhaps if Trump werent a constant whiner, liar and a fraud who incited a riot at the Capitol because he lost his reelection, there'd be less to "obsess" about. If any of this is coming from President Biden's speech a couple of days ago commemorating the 1/6 riots and correctly blaming Trump for his role in all of this, too bad?

AZRWinger 01-10-2022 06:59 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyWager (Post 1014393)
I'd argue it started well before that. I remember when Trump repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that there were millions of illegal votes in the 2016 election. You know, the one he won. His garbage ego couldn't deal with losing the popular vote, despite winning.

His administration even set up some bogus voter fraud commission which of course shut down once nobody could come up with the mass fraud he kept saying was out there. And before a single vote was counted in the 2020 election, he was out there saying the only way he'd lose is if "they" stole the election. He would come back to this refrain throughout his campaign, dude was sowing the seeds of something bad well before November.

Far as Biden and "obsession" goes, two things:

1. Referring to a previous administration's record isn't new, and not uncommon especially during the 1st two years of president's tenure. I mean you've got to show progress for the midterms lol, whatever they may be. Biden wasn't the first and won't be the last, however you feel about it.

2. Mayhaps if Trump werent a constant whiner, liar and a fraud who incited a riot at the Capitol because he lost his reelection, there'd be less to "obsess" about. If any of this is coming from President Biden's speech a couple of days ago commemorating the 1/6 riots and correctly blaming Trump for his role in all of this, too bad?

In the run up to the election the Democrats top election fixer, Marc Elias proud of his reputation of doing anything to win, was conducting a lawfare campaign aimed at destroying election integrity measures like signature verification and voter ID requirements targeting swing states. Despite the Constitutional requirement that state legislatures are the only ones with authority to make election laws Democrats succeeded in getting election officials and sympathetic Governors to bypass election integrity laws by imperial decrees supposedly necessitated by the pandemic. :o

Democrats maintain the fiction of their so-called emergency election measures doing no harm but have launched an all out campaign to nationalize election laws under Federal control to spare themselves the trouble of using the judiciary to circumvent the Constitution. As is typical of Marxist authoritarian regimes emergency powers once taken are never relinquished. :rolls

Dog Man 01-11-2022 12:22 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014276)
The prior president spent two months lying about the results of the election in an effort to subvert the Constitution and prevent Biden from taking the office he rightfully won, culminating in a violent attack on Congress by a mob of his supporters, and has never shown one iota of remorse for the harm he did to this country and its institutions, and you think that Biden's the one acting unpresidential? That's laughably insane.

Whoa....:popcorn more drama....now it was a violent attack on Congress.
I hope all those Congressman and women have recovered. I'm sure the dry cleaners are still busy cleaning their soiled clothes.

Congress is elected by the American people, so why not just say that Trump and his supporters violently attacked everyone in America?

Wow, I guess it WAS just like Pearl Harbor and 9-11 and probably planned with far more enthusiasm.

Dog Man 01-11-2022 12:26 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1014388)
More vapid rhetoric from you. Can't make the case for insurrection so now you shift to the faux moral judgement. Yeah sure, moral judgement from the Democrat party that brazenly features the rotting corpse of Harry Reid, the king of Congressional corruption who thought nothing of repeating false partisan slander from the Senate floor, using his sons as proxy lobbyists to whore out his office and shamelessly perverting Senate procedures to advance partisan ends.

Of course you will respond with another fact free rant of pathetic attacks against the Bad Orange man "full of sound and fury signifying nothing" to quote a phrase. :D

That phase was the epitome of the Democrat party and MSM for four long years.

Constant_Slothrop 01-11-2022 01:18 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 1014489)
Whoa....:popcorn more drama....now it was a violent attack on Congress.
I hope all those Congressman and women have recovered. I'm sure the dry cleaners are still busy cleaning their soiled clothes.

Congress is elected by the American people, so why not just say that Trump and his supporters violently attacked everyone in America?

Wow, I guess it WAS just like Pearl Harbor and 9-11 and probably planned with far more enthusiasm.

So, if a nut tried to shoot the president and only hit Secret Service agents, would you pretend that it wasn’t a violent attack on the president?

AZRWinger 01-11-2022 02:07 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014495)
So, if a nut tried to shoot the president and only hit Secret Service agents, would you pretend that it wasnít a violent attack on the president?

Of course not. The only shots fired during the January 6th protest were by a trigger happy Capitol police officer executing an unarmed female protester for the crime of trespassing. :rolls

Would you consider opening fire from the House gallery wounding 5 Congressmen a serious crime? Democrat Jimmy Carter didnít, he gave them pardons after all they didn't kill anyone. How about a campaign volunteer for Bernie Sanders specifically targeting Republican members of Congress for mass murder, he didn't succeed in murder, is that a serious crime? There is at least as good a case to be made for Bernie inciting the violence as for blaming Trump for January 6th. :thumbsup

Constant_Slothrop 01-11-2022 02:23 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1014496)
Of course not. The only shots fired during the January 6th protest were by a trigger happy Capitol police officer executing an unarmed female protester for the crime of trespassing. :rolls

Would you consider opening fire from the House gallery wounding 5 Congressmen a serious crime? Democrat Jimmy Carter didnít, he gave them pardons after all they didn't kill anyone. How about a campaign volunteer for Bernie Sanders specifically targeting Republican members of Congress for mass murder, he didn't succeed in murder, is that a serious crime? There is at least as good a case to be made for Bernie inciting the violence as for blaming Trump for January 6th. :thumbsup

Yeah, of course they were serious crimes. But that has nothing to do with January 6.

(And Carter didn't pardon them. He commuted their sentences after they had served 25 years in prison. There is a difference.)

AZRWinger 01-11-2022 04:51 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014497)
Yeah, of course they were serious crimes. But that has nothing to do with January 6.

(And Carter didn't pardon them. He commuted their sentences after they had served 25 years in prison. There is a difference.)

Your question about a violent attack on the President didn't have anything to do with the January 6th protests either.

You are correct about President Carter commuting the sentences of the terrorists. He also commuted the sentence of a PR nationalist convicted of trying to assassinate President Truman.

There is a difference but Carter's actions are seen as a pardon by those directly impacted.

Quote:

The Governor of Puerto Rico, Carlos Romero Barcelů, publicly opposed the pardons granted by Carter, stating that it would encourage terrorism and undermine public safety
https://potus-geeks.livejournal.com/261609.html

Dog Man 01-12-2022 10:28 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014495)
So, if a nut tried to shoot the president and only hit Secret Service agents, would you pretend that it wasnít a violent attack on the president?

The most violent attack on January 6th, was a Capital Police officer that shot and killed an un-armed woman for standing in the Capital bldg. Was that a violent attack on ALL Trump supporters?

Dog Man 01-12-2022 10:32 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1014496)
Of course not. The only shots fired during the January 6th protest were by a trigger happy Capitol police officer executing an unarmed female protester for the crime of trespassing. :rolls

Would you consider opening fire from the House gallery wounding 5 Congressmen a serious crime? Democrat Jimmy Carter didnít, he gave them pardons after all they didn't kill anyone. How about a campaign volunteer for Bernie Sanders specifically targeting Republican members of Congress for mass murder, he didn't succeed in murder, is that a serious crime? There is at least as good a case to be made for Bernie inciting the violence as for blaming Trump for January 6th. :thumbsup


Why doesn't the right memorialize those days? And show the violence perpetrated by Democrats? I find them more heinous than January 6th.

Constant_Slothrop 01-12-2022 11:47 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 1014516)
The most violent attack on January 6th, was a Capital Police officer that shot and killed an un-armed woman for standing in the Capital bldg. Was that a violent attack on ALL Trump supporters?

She wasn't "standing." She was leading a violent mob into a protected area by trying to climb through the broken window in a locked and barricaded door protecting members of Congress and their staff from the mob at her back.

AZRWinger 01-12-2022 12:02 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014521)
She wasn't "standing." She was leading a violent mob into a protected area by trying to climb through the broken window in a locked and barricaded door protecting members of Congress and their staff from the mob at her back.

You forgot the presence of 3 uniformed Capitol police officers in the "mob" at her back who did nothing to restrain her or warn her not to climb through the window frame. The murderous officer executed the trespasser with no warning or violent action on her part. Of course the party that was incensed at the park service clearing the mob that had tried to storm the WH and burned a church across the street when they were repulsed applauded the trigger happy cop and worse the Federal prosecutor failing to press charges. :o

Dog Man 01-12-2022 12:22 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014521)
She wasn't "standing." She was leading a violent mob into a protected area by trying to climb through the broken window in a locked and barricaded door protecting members of Congress and their staff from the mob at her back.

Bullshlt, There is a video of her standing in the room with other people when she was shot. NO ONE has said she was "Leading" any one.

Who tells you this Bullshlt? or do you just make it up as you go?

Constant_Slothrop 01-12-2022 12:42 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 1014526)
Bullshlt, There is a video of her standing in the room with other people when she was shot. NO ONE has said she was "Leading" any one.

Who tells you this Bullshlt? or do you just make it up as you go?

No, the video clearly shows that she was trying to climb through the window when she was shot.

pjohns 01-12-2022 05:23 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyWager (Post 1014393)
Far as Biden and "obsession" goes, two things:

1. Referring to a previous administration's record isn't new, and not uncommon especially during the 1st two years of president's tenure. I mean you've got to show progress for the midterms lol, whatever they may be. Biden wasn't the first and won't be the last, however you feel about it.

2. Mayhaps if Trump werent a constant whiner, liar and a fraud who incited a riot at the Capitol because he lost his reelection, there'd be less to "obsess" about. If any of this is coming from President Biden's speech a couple of days ago commemorating the 1/6 riots and correctly blaming Trump for his role in all of this, too bad?


Can you give me an example, please, of similar bitterness with another recent president (twentieth century or twenty-first century), as concerning his predecessor?

An addendum: I will agree with you about Trump's lack of character--that should be easy to agree upon--but one would think that Biden would rise above that, and act in a presidential manner.

saltwn 01-12-2022 09:47 PM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014538)
Can you give me an example, please, of similar bitterness with another recent president (twentieth century or twenty-first century), as concerning his predecessor?

An addendum: I will agree with you about Trump's lack of character--that should be easy to agree upon--but one would think that Biden would rise above that, and act in a presidential manner.

There's never been another President in modern memory or maybe ever who led people to think science is leading them astray and who closed military bases willy nilly for some slap on the back or deal with a foreign country.
And not since Hoover have we been left in such a pickle and Hoover did try and made some decent moves.
Trump is STILL raising money and calling attention to his "big crowds" and pushing that elections are fraudulent. That kind of stuff makes patriots who also like him furious to the point of another attempt they sadly won't understand is not righteous until the door clanks shut or they are shot.
Maybe Biden wants to prevent that.

GetAClue 01-13-2022 07:16 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014529)
No, the video clearly shows that she was trying to climb through the window when she was shot.

Either way, she was an unarmed women that was of no threat to anyone. This was a complete overreaction by the LEO which should be brought up on charges. Had this happened anywhere else, the Left would be up in arms demanding that officer be charged, convicted and sentenced for murder.

pjohns 01-13-2022 09:30 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
There is, of course, a possible explanation for this excessive bitterness: It may be calculated to rev up the Democratic base, and therefore attenuate the losses that are inevitable in November, by bringing out more Democrats to the polls.

Constant_Slothrop 01-13-2022 09:33 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1014583)
There is, of course, a possible explanation for this excessive bitterness: It may be calculated to rev up the Democratic base, and therefore attenuate the losses that are inevitable in November, by bringing out more Democrats to the polls.

"Excessive?" Trump never conceded, instigated a violent attack on the Capitol to prevent Biden from being rightfully declared the winner and continues to pretend that he won the election. If anything, Biden's criticisms of Trump have been incredibly restrained.

Dog Man 01-13-2022 10:02 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014529)
No, the video clearly shows that she was trying to climb through the window when she was shot.

Well, the video I saw, which is now no where to be found, showed a room full of people including Cops and Trump supporters, when the shots were fired.

So is that's what you consider justifiable? Are you one of the lefties that believes "countless" lives were saved by her being killed?

Can we now use her murder as the new standard for cops killing people?

I guess now if a white business owner kills an unarmed black person crawling through his window, he can say he saved countless lives by taking him off the streets, and you and the Democrats will have to defend his actions, correct?

Dog Man 01-13-2022 10:04 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 1014574)
Either way, she was an unarmed women that was of no threat to anyone. This was a complete overreaction by the LEO which should be brought up on charges. Had this happened anywhere else, the Left would be up in arms demanding that officer be charged, convicted and sentenced for murder.

It is now justifiable to murder unarmed Trump supporters.

Dog Man 01-13-2022 10:07 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014584)
"Excessive?" Trump never conceded, instigated a violent attack on the Capitol to prevent Biden from being rightfully declared the winner and continues to pretend that he won the election. If anything, Biden's criticisms of Trump have been incredibly restrained.

They should have just mowed down all those crazy Trump supporters with automatic weapons, Wouldn't you agree? I mean if killing Ashlie saved "Countless" lives, killing them ALL would have saved the world, right?

GetAClue 01-13-2022 11:21 AM

Re: Biden's obsession with Trump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 1014584)
"Excessive?" Trump never conceded, instigated a violent attack on the Capitol to prevent Biden from being rightfully declared the winner and continues to pretend that he won the election. If anything, Biden's criticisms of Trump have been incredibly restrained.

https://i.ibb.co/FwNzdL5/Special-Kind-Of-Stupid.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0