Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The President & the Executive Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The President & the Executive Branch Discuss Is Joe Biden really a moderate? at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn you may have grown up in an era of extreme right leaning, or more correctly, further ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2021, 11:56 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,093
Thanks: 2,427
Thanked 39,004 Times in 21,749 Posts
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
you may have grown up in an era of extreme right leaning, or more correctly, further and further right leaning governments.
What?!?!?!...

PHIADELPHIA...Born, raised, and still living here...An INCREDIBLY Leftwing town...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2021, 02:55 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,992
Thanks: 57,055
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
What?!?!?!...

PHIADELPHIA...Born, raised, and still living here...An INCREDIBLY Leftwing town...
talking about the federal governments you have experienced. they were more and more ...fascist in nature. so you hold everything in that skewed balance.
__________________
“Hate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which it’s stored and destroys the vessels on which it’s poured.”
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2021, 12:25 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,738
Thanks: 15,519
Thanked 5,446 Times in 3,490 Posts
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
talking about the federal governments you have experienced. they were more and more ...fascist in nature. so you hold everything in that skewed balance.
Well, in your world, I suppose, every American administration since the days of JFK and LBJ (roughly 48 1/2 to 56 1/2 years ago) has been "fascist in nature."

Well, perhaps Barack Obama's regime was an exception.

Okayyyyyy...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2021, 12:42 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,434
Thanks: 9,940
Thanked 8,610 Times in 5,693 Posts
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
talking about the federal governments you have experienced. they were more and more ...fascist in nature. so you hold everything in that skewed balance.
Yes I have to agree. When the government starts working with private corporations to stifle free speech that is leaning toward fascism.

If they are ever able to take our guns along with free speech, we will be done for.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2021, 09:02 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,108
Thanks: 1,589
Thanked 9,205 Times in 5,897 Posts
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Well I wouldn't consider Joe Biden a leftist by any stretch of the imagination.

There's been a couple of surprises for me which include the child tax credit expansion and actually doing the Afghanistan withdrawal, the former being almost an experimental UBI IMO; but all in all it's been about what I expected. An establishment moderate Democrat governing from the center-to-center-left, which is... fine?

I like the infrastructure bill and consider the Dems reconciliation budget plan to be a good step forward, but nothing crazy radical lol.
__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WallyWager For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2021, 08:33 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,281
Thanks: 13,902
Thanked 15,308 Times in 8,772 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Well I wouldn't consider Joe Biden a leftist by any stretch of the imagination.

There's been a couple of surprises for me which include the child tax credit expansion and actually doing the Afghanistan withdrawal, the former being almost an experimental UBI IMO; but all in all it's been about what I expected. An establishment moderate Democrat governing from the center-to-center-left, which is... fine?

I like the infrastructure bill and consider the Dems reconciliation budget plan to be a good step forward, but nothing crazy radical lol.
Considering Joe Biden anything less than a radical Leftist authoritarian requires a vivid imagination.

He rushed to the WH immediately following his inauguration under the guns of military combat force to sign more than 40 executive orders. No attempt to work with Congress or attempt to explain to the American people. Among these imperial decrees were the long sought by radical Leftists policies of open borders, suspension of deportations, and the crippling of US energy independence. Biden adopted the Communist model of political Commissars to ensure "loyalty" by the military, perverting the FBI to the task of purging any soldier deemed disloyal to the regime. He appointed Susan Rice with no domestic policy expertise and a disgraceful liar pushing the Benghazi propaganda to head the domestic policy council's push for the core Federal mission of the CRT goal of so-called racial equity where everyone is judged by their race, gender and identity group. Biden's green new deal unambiguously states the goal of forcing a mass migration from suburban neighborhoods to Soviet style, government approved, high density urban core housing. After threatening to pack the SCOTUS Biden has blatantly defied it by conspiring with social media plutocrats to censor his political opponents and to deny property rights with an eviction moratorium he publicly acknowledged is most likely unconstitutional without Congressional action. These are by no means a complete list of Biden's radical Leftist authoritarian policies and actions but they are despositive regarding his radical Leftism.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2021, 11:47 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,434
Thanks: 9,940
Thanked 8,610 Times in 5,693 Posts
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Well I wouldn't consider Joe Biden a leftist by any stretch of the imagination.

There's been a couple of surprises for me which include the child tax credit expansion and actually doing the Afghanistan withdrawal, the former being almost an experimental UBI IMO; but all in all it's been about what I expected. An establishment moderate Democrat governing from the center-to-center-left, which is... fine?

I like the infrastructure bill and consider the Dems reconciliation budget plan to be a good step forward, but nothing crazy radical lol.
3.5 Trillion for infrastructure? I'll bet that less than 10% goes to actual infrastructure. Most of it will go to California, Illinois, and New York, to rebuild the capital they have lost.

It will NOT increase what we are spending on bridges and highways already.

The vast majority of the 3.5T will be spent on shoring up the Democrat party. If that helps a few people out along the way, than so be it.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2021, 11:51 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,434
Thanks: 9,940
Thanked 8,610 Times in 5,693 Posts
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Considering Joe Biden anything less than a radical Leftist authoritarian requires a vivid imagination.

He rushed to the WH immediately following his inauguration under the guns of military combat force to sign more than 40 executive orders. No attempt to work with Congress or attempt to explain to the American people. Among these imperial decrees were the long sought by radical Leftists policies of open borders, suspension of deportations, and the crippling of US energy independence. Biden adopted the Communist model of political Commissars to ensure "loyalty" by the military, perverting the FBI to the task of purging any soldier deemed disloyal to the regime. He appointed Susan Rice with no domestic policy expertise and a disgraceful liar pushing the Benghazi propaganda to head the domestic policy council's push for the core Federal mission of the CRT goal of so-called racial equity where everyone is judged by their race, gender and identity group. Biden's green new deal unambiguously states the goal of forcing a mass migration from suburban neighborhoods to Soviet style, government approved, high density urban core housing. After threatening to pack the SCOTUS Biden has blatantly defied it by conspiring with social media plutocrats to censor his political opponents and to deny property rights with an eviction moratorium he publicly acknowledged is most likely unconstitutional without Congressional action. These are by no means a complete list of Biden's radical Leftist authoritarian policies and actions but they are despositive regarding his radical Leftism.
It's sad that the left considers the above, " Moderate" !

That just goes to show you how far left, the left has become.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2021, 08:10 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,992
Thanks: 57,055
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
It's sad that the left considers the above, " Moderate" !

That just goes to show you how far left, the left has become.
unless "the above" is a crock of crank
__________________
“Hate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which it’s stored and destroys the vessels on which it’s poured.”
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2021, 11:26 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,691
Thanks: 12,867
Thanked 9,379 Times in 5,336 Posts
Default Re: Is Joe Biden really a moderate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
unless "the above" is a crock of crank
You have every chance to disprove it by posting a countering argument. However, I see that you resort to vague insults and then run away. Not much of a compelling argument for your view point.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
biden, joe, moderate, really

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0