Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The President & the Executive Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The President & the Executive Branch Discuss Why does the left really hate President Trump? at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Dave1 Interesting take above.... I am struggling to recall the times that you addressed Obama telling the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2019, 03:41 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,913
Thanks: 7,217
Thanked 4,890 Times in 2,786 Posts
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
Interesting take above....

I am struggling to recall the times that you addressed Obama telling the truth for the eight years he was POTUS.....

Gee, I wonder why that is too....
I can't speak for pjohns, but I commented on Obama's rhetoric when he was telling the truth. For instance, when he said that this is the most prosperous and successful nation in the history or the world and then stated that he wanted to Fundamentally Transform it, I took notice.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2019, 06:34 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,432
Thanks: 55,485
Thanked 26,304 Times in 18,829 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Tucker Carlson, on FNC, had a very good analysis night before last: Those on the left frequently claim that they dislike President Trump because of his ubiquitous lies. So much so, in fact, that many claim to have it down to an exact number--reaching into the thousands.

And it is true that President Trump sometimes stretches the truth (to state it euphemistically)--beginning with his claim that his inauguration drew the largest crowd in history.

However (as Tucker Carlson correctly points out), it is really not the lies that the left especially hates--despite its claims that it really, really does. Rather, it is President Trump's exposure of the truth, as concerning bureaucrats; in other words, what he would call the Deep State.

Comments?
quit listening to the performer carlson.

I certainly never was in the tank for hillary. disagreements on policy are one thing but trump is trashing the military, our alliances which i hope you never have to realize in a heartbeat are very important. he's treasonous the way he deals with Russia and Turkey in secret meetings then steps back as they have their way with weaker nations we had sworn to protect; inhumane and disgraceful in how he disregards the gruesome killing of a reporter.
he's nasty and foul-mouthed and says gross things to and about women and Latin people also makes fun of the disabled.
claims to be a Christian when he's not. I'd have more respect for him if he didn't attend church than using religion to reach a voting group.
however, I blame the people who followed his every direction like shutting out all other sources of news and turning to out and out fiction.
he's just a sleaze who delightedly discovered there were still rubes to scam.
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2019, 07:52 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,934
Thanks: 11,017
Thanked 9,166 Times in 5,695 Posts
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
quit listening to the performer carlson.

I certainly never was in the tank for hillary. disagreements on policy are one thing but trump is trashing the military, our alliances which i hope you never have to realize in a heartbeat are very important. he's treasonous the way he deals with Russia and Turkey in secret meetings then steps back as they have their way with weaker nations we had sworn to protect; inhumane and disgraceful in how he disregards the gruesome killing of a reporter.
he's nasty and foul-mouthed and says gross things to and about women and Latin people also makes fun of the disabled.
claims to be a Christian when he's not. I'd have more respect for him if he didn't attend church than using religion to reach a voting group.
however, I blame the people who followed his every direction like shutting out all other sources of news and turning to out and out fiction.
he's just a sleaze who delightedly discovered there were still rubes to scam.
You are not alone, Salty. Most people fear what they cannot control.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,839
Thanks: 11,188
Thanked 11,854 Times in 7,033 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
As far as tracking lies, Politifact tracked Obama and ended up with six or seven pages of lies during his term.....

They do the same for Trump and anyone can check the quotes with dates for reference material....

The list is long....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
If that is a fact then why did they hammer Obama for lying so much....?


Politifact is more factual than FOX or CNN for reference material....
I have copied your post where you minimized Obama's falsehoods as listed by Polifact. Now you attempt to legitimize Polifact by implying they were hard of Obama.

Writing for the Colombia school of journalism Polifact founder Bill Adair offered the opinion that "bias is good" along with a helpful graphic showing that Polifact's version of investigative journalism has a strong opinion component.

https://www.cjr.org/opinion/bias-journalism.php

The point isn't whether Polifact is more or less factual or objective than other media sources, it is that Polifact is touted as unbiased and objective when it is anything but. The fact the founder celebrates their bias ought to be persuasive.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,029
Thanks: 4,058
Thanked 5,109 Times in 3,014 Posts
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
I have copied your post where you minimized Obama's falsehoods as listed by Polifact. Now you attempt to legitimize Polifact by implying they were hard of Obama.

Writing for the Colombia school of journalism Polifact founder Bill Adair offered the opinion that "bias is good" along with a helpful graphic showing that Polifact's version of investigative journalism has a strong opinion component.

https://www.cjr.org/opinion/bias-journalism.php

The point isn't whether Polifact is more or less factual or objective than other media sources, it is that Polifact is touted as unbiased and objective when it is anything but. The fact the founder celebrates their bias ought to be persuasive.
OK, don't believe the lies that politifact said Obama made during his eight years as POTUS if you choose.....

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...romise-broken/
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2019, 12:37 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,982
Thanks: 11,617
Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,788 Posts
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
quit listening to the performer carlson.

I certainly never was in the tank for hillary. disagreements on policy are one thing but trump is trashing the military, our alliances which i hope you never have to realize in a heartbeat are very important. he's treasonous the way he deals with Russia and Turkey in secret meetings then steps back as they have their way with weaker nations we had sworn to protect; inhumane and disgraceful in how he disregards the gruesome killing of a reporter.
he's nasty and foul-mouthed and says gross things to and about women and Latin people also makes fun of the disabled.
claims to be a Christian when he's not. I'd have more respect for him if he didn't attend church than using religion to reach a voting group.
however, I blame the people who followed his every direction like shutting out all other sources of news and turning to out and out fiction.
he's just a sleaze who delightedly discovered there were still rubes to scam.
Please don't hold back.

Tell us what you really think.
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2019, 01:50 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,840 Posts
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Tucker Carlson, on FNC, had a very good analysis night before last: Those on the left frequently claim that they dislike President Trump because of his ubiquitous lies. So much so, in fact, that many claim to have it down to an exact number--reaching into the thousands.

And it is true that President Trump sometimes stretches the truth (to state it euphemistically)--beginning with his claim that his inauguration drew the largest crowd in history.

However (as Tucker Carlson correctly points out), it is really not the lies that the left especially hates--despite its claims that it really, really does. Rather, it is President Trump's exposure of the truth, as concerning bureaucrats; in other words, what he would call the Deep State.

Comments?
The "Deep State" is comprised of the professionals working in our government offices fulfilling the roles and tasks that have been assigned to them by Congress under the law. Their jobs are non-partisan and are dedicated exclusively to the mission statement of the organization.

For example those professionals working under the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act are literally trying to protect our environment from destruction. They don't care if it's Democrats or Republicans destroying the environment. They only care when anyone is destroying the environment.

When the Trump administration abandons the Mission Statement generally for a political agenda it refers to those professionals attempting to fulfill their non-partisan roles in support of the Mission Statement as members of the Deep State because they're doing the job they were hired to do. It's an attempt to deflect the blame for government organizations that the Trump administration is preventing from fulfilling their responsibilities based upon Trump's corrupt political agendas.

A perfect example was when Trump appointed Zinke as the head of the Department of the Interior that's role is to protect our public lands. Zinke, when taking office, promised to review lands set aside by Obama under the Monument's clause to provide better protection of those lands. A year later he revoked those protections for tens of thousands of acres and granted private leases for mineral rights and the public lost control of those lands. Those that opposed this confiscation of public lands so that they could be taken away from the public were referred to as members of the Deep State that politically opposed Trump when their opposition had nothing to do with politics. It had to do with protection of our public lands from Democrats and Republican alike.

So when you say "Deep State" you're really just referring to government workers that are doing their jobs and not an underground political establishment with a political agenda.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2019, 06:25 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,839
Thanks: 11,188
Thanked 11,854 Times in 7,033 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
OK, don't believe the lies that politifact said Obama made during his eight years as POTUS if you choose.....

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...romise-broken/
The point is Polifact is not the objective fact checker they are touted to be according to their founder's own words. They are just another manifestation of Resistance hatred for President Trump.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,839
Thanks: 11,188
Thanked 11,854 Times in 7,033 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
The "Deep State" is comprised of the professionals working in our government offices fulfilling the roles and tasks that have been assigned to them by Congress under the law. Their jobs are non-partisan and are dedicated exclusively to the mission statement of the organization.

For example those professionals working under the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act are literally trying to protect our environment from destruction. They don't care if it's Democrats or Republicans destroying the environment. They only care when anyone is destroying the environment.

When the Trump administration abandons the Mission Statement generally for a political agenda it refers to those professionals attempting to fulfill their non-partisan roles in support of the Mission Statement as members of the Deep State because they're doing the job they were hired to do. It's an attempt to deflect the blame for government organizations that the Trump administration is preventing from fulfilling their responsibilities based upon Trump's corrupt political agendas.

A perfect example was when Trump appointed Zinke as the head of the Department of the Interior that's role is to protect our public lands. Zinke, when taking office, promised to review lands set aside by Obama under the Monument's clause to provide better protection of those lands. A year later he revoked those protections for tens of thousands of acres and granted private leases for mineral rights and the public lost control of those lands. Those that opposed this confiscation of public lands so that they could be taken away from the public were referred to as members of the Deep State that politically opposed Trump when their opposition had nothing to do with politics. It had to do with protection of our public lands from Democrats and Republican alike.

So when you say "Deep State" you're really just referring to government workers that are doing their jobs and not an underground political establishment with a political agenda.
The Deep State bureaucrats within the Federal government are not the pristine apolitical public servants you describe. They are partisan activists who have decided they, not the duly elected President dictate policy. As such it is their patriotic duty to Resist President Trump when his policy decisions conflict with their own.

The Schiff show sham impeachment inquiry featured a whole clown car of deep state bureaucrats whining endlessly about how they had labored nobly to advance US foreign policy of writing the Ukrainian government checks from the US taxpayer with no accountability or conditions only to have their efforts at benevolence undercut by mean old President Trump. Worse, President Trump dispatched someone outside their clique to become involved in diplomacy with the Ukraine. Everyone recognized the Ukraine is deeply corrupt but the deep state bureaucrats are more interested in guarding their own power and influence purchased with taxpayer dollars than fighting corruption. And why not? VP Joe Biden set the example, looking after your own interests is US foreign policy.

The gobbling up of additional lands as monuments during Obama's rule by pen and phone phase is an example of policy abuse. Bureaucrats loved it because more land means a bigger budget for them to act as feudal lords over public property. What one President can establish by decree another can undo by the same mechanism. If the bureaucrats object they can resign and run for public office but that is too much trouble when the Democrats will fete them as heroes for acting as dead enders for the previous administration.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2019, 01:25 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,982
Thanks: 11,617
Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,788 Posts
Default Re: Why does the left really hate President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
The "Deep State" is comprised of the professionals working in our government offices fulfilling the roles and tasks that have been assigned to them by Congress under the law. Their jobs are non-partisan and are dedicated exclusively to the mission statement of the organization.

For example those professionals working under the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act are literally trying to protect our environment from destruction. They don't care if it's Democrats or Republicans destroying the environment. They only care when anyone is destroying the environment.

When the Trump administration abandons the Mission Statement generally for a political agenda it refers to those professionals attempting to fulfill their non-partisan roles in support of the Mission Statement as members of the Deep State because they're doing the job they were hired to do. It's an attempt to deflect the blame for government organizations that the Trump administration is preventing from fulfilling their responsibilities based upon Trump's corrupt political agendas. [Bold added]
Well, I do suppose that it sounds better to label bureaucrats as "professionals."

It is a bit like re-labeling used cars as pre-owned cars...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
does, hate, left, president, really, the, trump, why

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0