Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   The President & the Executive Branch (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/president-executive-branch/)
-   -   Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything' (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/president-executive-branch/57074-trump-warns-venezuelas-maduro-supporters-you-will-lose-everything.html)

saltwn 02-19-2019 12:32 AM

Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Another coup in a foreign country after we caused most of their problems.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/18/69579...ose-everything

jimbo 02-19-2019 08:15 AM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 962417)
Another coup in a foreign country after we caused most of their problems.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/18/69579...ose-everything

We didn't cause Venezuela's problems, Venezuela caused their own problems.

We, however, don't have a good track record of fixing other country's problems. Nor do we have a good record of backing the right horse. Best thing we can do is stay home and work on our own problems.

AZRWinger 02-19-2019 01:03 PM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
The opening paragraph of the OP.

Quote:

At a campaign-style speech in Miami on Monday, President Trump said the Venezuelan military should not interfere with humanitarian aid coming into the country, or resort to violence, as the U.S. and other nations throw their support behind parliamentary leader Juan Guaidó as interim president over the current leader, socialist Nicolás Maduro.
Yes, it is our responsibility Maduro insists on barring humanitarian aid to the country he helped to impoverish with his socialist dictatorship. :o

Hairy Jello 02-19-2019 01:45 PM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Tryin' to figure out how we caused Venezuela's probs....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1cf8...itemid=9718895

saltwn 02-19-2019 02:54 PM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 962491)
The opening paragraph of the OP.



Yes, it is our responsibility Maduro insists on barring humanitarian aid to the country he helped to impoverish with his socialist dictatorship. :o

we blocked banking, medicine, food and sale of oil but it's Venezuela's fault ...right. see you at the draft board, comrade

Manitou 02-19-2019 04:27 PM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 962508)
we blocked banking, medicine, food and sale of oil but it's Venezuela's fault ...right. see you at the draft board, comrade

Good idea if the government of Venezuela confiscates all items for itself. Only socialists and especially communist lap puppets use the word "comrade".

lurch907 02-20-2019 09:28 AM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 962417)
Another coup in a foreign country after we caused most of their problems.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/18/69579...ose-everything

This little piece of logic must come from the same part of your brain that told us Bernie Sanders could win the presidency and there are more Republican Governors because of gerrymandering.:rolls:rolls

AZRWinger 02-20-2019 11:07 AM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 962508)
we blocked banking, medicine, food and sale of oil but it's Venezuela's fault ...right. see you at the draft board, comrade

Not a word about Maduro's refusal to allow humanitarian aid to help his people. Venezuelans are slaughtering zoo animals to have something to eat but Maduro is more worried about losing his grip on power than his fellow citizens starving. :eek

Democrats love to bray about their virtuous stand supporting economic fairness for the little guy, freedom of the press and a government based on democratic principles. First Chavez then Maduro failed by all these criteria. But now we shouldn't have even imposed economic sanctions on the Cuban dominated Venezuelan dictatorship. :rolls

In the early 1930's Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin sent troops to surround Ukrainian granaries cutting off the food supply to the people. The event known as the Holodomor cost millions of Ukrainians their lives to unnecessary starvation. NYT reporter Walter Duranty ignored the holocaust while continuing to heap praise on the socialist dictator. Today, Maduro not only receives the same forbearance as Stalin but the US is blamed for the dictator's failure. :eek

saltwn 02-20-2019 01:42 PM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 962617)
Not a word about Maduro's refusal to allow humanitarian aid to help his people. Venezuelans are slaughtering zoo animals to have something to eat but Maduro is more worried about losing his grip on power than his fellow citizens starving. :eek

Democrats love to bray about their virtuous stand supporting economic fairness for the little guy, freedom of the press and a government based on democratic principles. First Chavez then Maduro failed by all these criteria. But now we shouldn't have even imposed economic sanctions on the Cuban dominated Venezuelan dictatorship. :rolls

In the early 1930's Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin sent troops to surround Ukrainian granaries cutting off the food supply to the people. The event known as the Holodomor cost millions of Ukrainians their lives to unnecessary starvation. NYT reporter Walter Duranty ignored the holocaust while continuing to heap praise on the socialist dictator. Today, Maduro not only receives the same forbearance as Stalin but the US is blamed for the dictator's failure. :eek

Actually it has eased up a bit as the capitolistas in the country have released formerly frozen assets and are allowing a bit of food sales to go on.

Hairy Jello 02-20-2019 01:50 PM

Re: Trump Warns Venezuela's Maduro Supporters: 'You Will Lose Everything'
 
Has a lib ever been able to name a successful socialist country?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0