Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The President & the Executive Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The President & the Executive Branch Discuss US backs out of global oil anti-corruption effort at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by AZRWinger Oh, you know the content, timing and format of the information reported to the international bureaucrats ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:57 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Post Re: US backs out of global oil anti-corruption effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Oh, you know the content, timing and format of the information reported to the international bureaucrats is the same despite all odds to the contrary. Wow, that is incredible. Your approach is claim the implausible then criticize anyone who points this out while demanding proof where you present none.


YOU claimed: The Obama administration loved the reporting requirement because it sounded like a way to harass and raise costs for traditional energy companies.
You subsequently admitted: The financial data for US companies is redundant but the formatting and reporting periods may be different thereby increasing costs unnecessarily.

I pointed out YOU DID NOT KNOW and you were admitting you were speculating. You have absolutely no evidence to justify any claims of increased costs. Much less whether they were significant.

YOU made the claim, so YOU offer the proof.
It's that simple.

Or admit you have no evidence on the speculation and be honest for a change.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Wild allegations of our corruption by energy producing companies that can only be corrected by disclosure to international bureaucrats is nothing but anticorporate blather. Somehow we are supposed to pretend the US is no different than a third world dictatorship where the supreme leader stuffs oil royalties into an overseas account.
1) Quote me where I made "wild allegations of our corruption by energy producing companies.
That's another bad strawman lie on your part.

2) YOU introduced the strawman on the "no different than a third world dictatorship" which is profoundly bad. We are ONE OF MANY countries in this GLOBAL anti-corruption effort. Countries participating do not suddenly present a pretense of "third world dictatorship".
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2017, 08:29 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,327
Thanks: 14,002
Thanked 15,372 Times in 8,803 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: US backs out of global oil anti-corruption effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post


YOU claimed: The Obama administration loved the reporting requirement because it sounded like a way to harass and raise costs for traditional energy companies.
You subsequently admitted: The financial data for US companies is redundant but the formatting and reporting periods may be different thereby increasing costs unnecessarily.

I pointed out YOU DID NOT KNOW and you were admitting you were speculating. You have absolutely no evidence to justify any claims of increased costs. Much less whether they were significant.

YOU made the claim, so YOU offer the proof.
It's that simple.

Or admit you have no evidence on the speculation and be honest for a change.



1) Quote me where I made "wild allegations of our corruption by energy producing companies.
That's another bad strawman lie on your part.

2) YOU introduced the strawman on the "no different than a third world dictatorship" which is profoundly bad. We are ONE OF MANY countries in this GLOBAL anti-corruption effort. Countries participating do not suddenly present a pretense of "third world dictatorship".
In posts 5 and 7 you explicitly refer to corruption of US energy extraction companies. In post 9 you refer to "our corruption" as if we are a third world dictatorship. As the letter withdrawing the US from saddling US companies stated there is no understanding of the reporting requirements already required of US companies by our government. But who needs understanding of the facts when you can make wild accusations of corruption as a rationale for Leftist international bureaucrats to harass US companies.

While it is obvious that forcing a company the size of Exxon to report data to international bureaucrats is going to require substantial expense you persist with your petty indignation to demand I disprove your implausible claim. It is that simple, the slightest bit of thought reveals your shoddy rhetorical trick where your claims don't require proof but my logical assertions are making things up.

So, how about it, you are the one who is advocating for forcing US companies to be forced into this global reporting initiative while braying about our corruption, it is incumbent on you to prove the reporting is superior to the US regulatory regime.

You jump on your favorite hobby horse of dishonest straw men as if emoting and indignation is a substitute for reason. I already dealt with your inability to remember what you wrote about US corruption an unwarranted assumption. But now you offer up the bold face denial that the reporting initiative treats the US the same as a third world dictatorship. Instead you concoct some nonsense about evidencing a third world dictatorship. That is just venonmous hatred on your part.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Post Re: US backs out of global oil anti-corruption effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
In posts 5 and 7 you explicitly refer to corruption of US energy extraction companies.
Acknowledging existence.
Not "...as if we are a third world dictatorship" (your words).


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
In post 9 you refer to "our corruption" as if we are a third world dictatorship.
This is one of your dumbest lies to date.
Here is post #9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I highlighted the words above which reveal you are making up s*** as you go along.
You have absolutely no evidence to justify the claim of "increased costs".

See above.
And next time, provide evidence of your claim instead of making up s*** cause it sounds good.

It reports information, so how you claim it "degrades" the US is stupid.
"just another country"? You are essentially presuming so much it isn't even funny. What your argument boils down to is a pretense that the U.S. shouldn't present its information to other parties because we (and by proxy our corruption) is above that.
NOWHERE in that post do I in any way liken us to "third world dictatorship" corruption.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
As the letter withdrawing the US from saddling US companies stated there is no understanding of the reporting requirements already required of US companies by our government.
This has got to be one of the dumbest allegations around.
It's a lame cop-out.
WHY is there supposedly "no understanding" of the reporting requirements?

This is the equivalent of somebody who is ignorant of something trying to use the ignorance as a legitimate argument point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
But who needs understanding of the facts when you can make wild accusations of corruption as a rationale for Leftist international bureaucrats to harass US companies.
While it is obvious that forcing a company the size of Exxon to report data to international bureaucrats is going to require substantial expense you persist with your petty indignation to demand I disprove your implausible claim.
No, no, no...
YOU made the claim on this subject.
I'm demanding you prove your claim.

YOU claimed: The Obama administration loved the reporting requirement because it sounded like a way to harass and raise costs for traditional energy companies.
You subsequently admitted: The financial data for US companies is redundant but the formatting and reporting periods may be different thereby increasing costs unnecessarily.

I pointed out YOU DID NOT KNOW and you were admitting you were speculating. You have absolutely no evidence to justify any claims of increased costs. Much less whether they were significant.

YOU made the claim, so YOU offer the proof.
It's that simple.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
So, how about it, you are the one who is advocating for forcing US companies to be forced into this global reporting initiative while braying about our corruption, it is incumbent on you to prove the reporting is superior to the US regulatory regime.
You jump on your favorite hobby horse of dishonest straw men as if emoting and indignation is a substitute for reason. I already dealt with your inability to remember what you wrote about US corruption an unwarranted assumption. But now you offer up the bold face denial that the reporting initiative treats the US the same as a third world dictatorship. Instead you concoct some nonsense about evidencing a third world dictatorship. That is just venonmous hatred on your part.
You provide no substance on this topic.
First you claim the costs are too much. Then later you demonstrate that claim is a lie by admitting you have no idea what's involved.

YOU STILL HAVE NO IDEA of anything that is going on, but you blindly demand I disprove your claims.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anticorruption, backs, effort, global, oil, out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0