Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   The President & the Executive Branch (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/president-executive-branch/)
-   -   Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/president-executive-branch/50405-wave-bomb-threats-against-jewish-centers-soars-100-year.html)

saltwn 02-28-2017 05:25 PM

Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
This is only February?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/b...5L#.pePdOqpQAa

Quote:

Bomb threats were called into 30 Jewish community centers and schools in at least 18 states on Monday, bringing the total number of anti-Semitic threats across the US and Canada this year to 100.
Local media and police confirmed reports of threats on Monday in Alaska, North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Michigan, Alabama, Maryland, Indiana, Virginia, Connecticut, Rhode Island, California, Arizona, Washington, and Nevada. No injuries were reported, and the threats came in the form of a series of phone calls Monday morning, then again Monday evening.
The San Francisco office of the Anti-Defamation League also received a bomb threat Monday afternoon. It was evacuated, and police shut down a section of busy Market Street to investigate.
in related news :


After a slew of bomb threats forced evacuations at Jewish community centers and schools in 11 states on Monday, President Trump reportedly suggested that the threats may have been done to “make others look bad.”

yeah to paraphrase: first they came for the muslims, then they came for the jews, then they came for my cowardly azz. :mad

waltky 03-03-2017 05:04 PM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Former journalist nabbed for Making Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers...
:cool
FBI Arrests Man Accused of Making Bomb Threats Against Jewish Institutions
March 03, 2017 - The Federal Bureau of Investigation Friday morning arrested a man accused of making recent bomb threats to at least eight Jewish community centers, schools and the headquarters of a Jewish advocacy group.
Quote:

The Justice Department accused Juan Thompson, 31, of St. Louis, Missouri, of making the threatening calls as a way to harass his unnamed ex-girlfriend. The department said Thompson also made several threats under his own name, in an attempt to make it look like the woman was trying to frame him. "Today, we have charged Juan Thompson with allegedly stalking a former romantic interest by, among other things, making bomb threats in her name to Jewish Community Centers and to the Anti-Defamation League," New York-based U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement.


The bomb threats allegedly called in by Thompson came as part of a wave of threats made to about 100 Jewish institutions over the past few weeks. The threats forced many of the centers to be evacuated and created a sense of fear among many in the Jewish community. It was not clear Friday whether investigators believe Thompson was behind the other threats. In addition to the bomb threats, Jewish cemeteries in two states have been targeted by vandals over the past two weeks, including one in St. Louis, near where Thompson was arrested. Hundreds of headstones – some of which date back to the 1800s – were damaged.


Lt. Fredrick Lemons of University City, Missouri, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch detectives plan on questioning Thompson about the more than 150 headstones destroyed there last month, although he wouldn’t say whether police consider Thompson a suspect. Thompson was charged with one count of cyberstalking in the bomb threat case, and could face up to five years in prison if convicted. Thompson is a former journalist who was fired from an online publication called The Intercept in January 2016 after it was discovered he made up several sources and quotes in his stories.


The Intercept confirmed Thompson was a former employee and in a statement released Friday said it was “horrified” to learn of his arrest in connection with the threats. “These actions are heinous and should be fully investigated and prosecuted. We have no information about the charges against Thompson other than what is included in the criminal complaint,” the website said. Thompson’s Twitter feed shows that he has a history of making racist remarks against white people and apparent comments against President Donald Trump. Thompson also tweeted numerous times, apparently condemning the bomb threats he is accused of having committed.

FBI Arrests Man Accused of Making Bomb Threats Against Jewish Institutions

saltwn 03-03-2017 05:14 PM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waltky (Post 875612)
Former journalist nabbed for Making Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers...
:cool
FBI Arrests Man Accused of Making Bomb Threats Against Jewish Institutions
March 03, 2017 - The Federal Bureau of Investigation Friday morning arrested a man accused of making recent bomb threats to at least eight Jewish community centers, schools and the headquarters of a Jewish advocacy group.

An alt-right poster who regularly mimics leftists, goes over the edge and bombs cemeteries. trump is even driving bannon's crew crazy :rolls

AZRWinger 03-04-2017 07:22 AM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 875614)
An alt-right poster who regularly mimics leftists, goes over the edge and bombs cemeteries. trump is even driving bannon's crew crazy :rolls

Actually the suspect was fired from his job as a reporter after it was discovered he was making up quotes and people to support his race baiting reporting. Here is the announcement from his former employer.

https://theintercept.com/2016/02/02/a-note-to-readers/

At the end of the announcement are links to the corrected or retracted stories he filed. None of them are remotely alt Right. In addition, his Twitter account is filled with anti white and anti Trump tweets.

While making up sources and fabricating quotes qualifies him for a job covering the WH for CNN, NYT or WaPo among many fake news outlets it doesn't prove he is an alt Right sympathizer posing as a Leftist. The evidence points to just another never Trump extremist operating under the credo of the ends justify the means.:thumbsup

cnredd 03-04-2017 11:17 AM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 875614)
An alt-right poster who regularly mimics leftists, goes over the edge and bombs cemeteries. trump is even driving bannon's crew crazy :rolls

Wrong...The guy was a Lefty...

He worked for both Leftwing websites "The Intercept" and "Raw Story"...:yes

zoriolus 03-04-2017 12:36 PM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 875614)
An alt-right poster who regularly mimics leftists, goes over the edge and bombs cemeteries. trump is even driving bannon's crew crazy :rolls

I started thread a about Juan Thompson, the fake news guy who was angry with his ex girlfriend. He is apparently responsible for a portion of the threats, trying to retaliate against his ex in several different ways. The Gov. complaint against Thompson begins with his romantic split last July. It's not clear to me why he would use anti-semitic bomb threats as a tactic.

Bat 03-04-2017 03:59 PM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 875075)
This is only February?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/b...5L#.pePdOqpQAa



in related news :


After a slew of bomb threats forced evacuations at Jewish community centers and schools in 11 states on Monday, President Trump reportedly suggested that the threats may have been done to “make others look bad.”

yeah to paraphrase: first they came for the muslims, then they came for the jews, then they came for my cowardly azz. :mad

Are whackos coming after Mr. Trump's daughter and son-in-law?

saltwn 03-04-2017 10:48 PM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 875708)
Actually the suspect was fired from his job as a reporter after it was discovered he was making up quotes and people to support his race baiting reporting. Here is the announcement from his former employer.

https://theintercept.com/2016/02/02/a-note-to-readers/

At the end of the announcement are links to the corrected or retracted stories he filed. None of them are remotely alt Right. In addition, his Twitter account is filled with anti white and anti Trump tweets.

While making up sources and fabricating quotes qualifies him for a job covering the WH for CNN, NYT or WaPo among many fake news outlets it doesn't prove he is an alt Right sympathizer posing as a Leftist. The evidence points to just another never Trump extremist operating under the credo of the ends justify the means.:thumbsup

correct just proves he is anti left :yes

saltwn 03-04-2017 10:49 PM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 875757)
Are whackos coming after Mr. Trump's daughter and son-in-law?

not yet
thats my point

AZRWinger 03-05-2017 07:55 AM

Re: Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers Soars To 100 This Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 875813)
correct just proves he is anti left :yes

On the contrary, it proves he is a radical Leftist. All his fake news stories promote Left wing narratives.

Since you claim to be into proof, what evidence can you present to support your claim he is alt Right?:rolls


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0