Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The President & the Executive Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The President & the Executive Branch Discuss The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants” at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn there is no best thing about Mr, Trumps presidency. For instance, I do not enjoy idiots ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2017, 08:10 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,938
Thanks: 83
Thanked 1,308 Times in 789 Posts
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
there is no best thing about Mr, Trumps presidency. For instance, I do not enjoy idiots new party dress bliss as they are being measured for their coffins.
You seem negative.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:00 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,455
Thanks: 55,850
Thanked 26,415 Times in 18,917 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
You seem negative.
you noticed that huh?
__________________
regarding the Civil War, Lee said: I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the example of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered.
When asked what to do with an old battle flag he said: 'Fold it up and put it away.'
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:01 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,455
Thanks: 55,850
Thanked 26,415 Times in 18,917 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
False equivalencies and lies as usual from the right.

The list Obama had developed was a list of places that were deemed to potentially be troubling and were not places that we had diplomatic ties to, or a certain level of trust.

The goal wasn't to form a list of 'possible trouble spots' like Trump is treating it. It was a list of places that would be unable to issue visa waivers.

From wikipedia: The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a program of the United States Government which allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism, business, or while in transit for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa.

So, this was a list of places where we were concerned but also did not trust those governments to vet people themselves. So, in effect, what it did was force anyone from those countries to apply directly to the US for a visa, where in places like Saudi Arabia, whom there was more trust, they could get a waiver from their government before being allowed in.
__________________
regarding the Civil War, Lee said: I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the example of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered.
When asked what to do with an old battle flag he said: 'Fold it up and put it away.'
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 01:12 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Oh gee, obama and the fact checkers say Trump is wrong....MY God then let's start the impeachment now.....
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 04:40 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,455
Thanks: 55,850
Thanked 26,415 Times in 18,917 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Oh gee, obama and the fact checkers say Trump is wrong....MY God then let's start the impeachment now.....
Admit it, your guy is a worse screw up than you pretended Obama was.
Talk about your fulfilling of doomsday prophecies.
__________________
regarding the Civil War, Lee said: I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the example of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered.
When asked what to do with an old battle flag he said: 'Fold it up and put it away.'
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 05:25 AM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,232
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,275 Times in 3,197 Posts
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Oh gee, obama and the fact checkers say Trump is wrong....MY God then let's start the impeachment now.....

Well did the three time married bragger about groping unwilling women get a blowjob? We obviously knows that he lies so the BJ is the bar now!
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 05:29 AM
Empathist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,518
Thanks: 6,763
Thanked 5,610 Times in 3,955 Posts
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
Well did the three time married bragger about groping unwilling women get a blowjob? We obviously knows that he lies so the BJ is the bar now!
BJs in the bar? Not in the PW bar I hope.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 05:42 AM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,232
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,275 Times in 3,197 Posts
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Flamingo View Post
BJs in the bar? Not in the PW bar I hope.
LOL my day gig is a bar tender. Oh the stories
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winston53660 For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,356
Thanks: 11,740
Thanked 12,597 Times in 7,396 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
False equivalencies and lies as usual from the right.

The list Obama had developed was a list of places that were deemed to potentially be troubling and were not places that we had diplomatic ties to, or a certain level of trust.

The goal wasn't to form a list of 'possible trouble spots' like Trump is treating it. It was a list of places that would be unable to issue visa waivers.

From wikipedia: The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a program of the United States Government which allows citizens of specific countries to travel to the United States for tourism, business, or while in transit for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa.

So, this was a list of places where we were concerned but also did not trust those governments to vet people themselves. So, in effect, what it did was force anyone from those countries to apply directly to the US for a visa, where in places like Saudi Arabia, whom there was more trust, they could get a waiver from their government before being allowed in.
So, Obama required the US State Department to review visa applications. After the San Bernardino terrorist attack where one of the terrorists was in the country on a spousal visa we learned the checking was so shoddy not even social media was screened out of concern for applicant "privacy". Trump pointed the sham of US checking during the campaign and followed up with a temporary freeze until the farcical excuse for checking can be fixed. Thanks for verifying the logic behind selecting the 7 high risk countries.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,206 Times in 8,268 Posts
Default Re: The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants”

It's different when a Democratic president does the same thing as a Republican one.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
have, immigrants”, past, presidents, six, the, “banned

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0