Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The President & the Executive Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The President & the Executive Branch Discuss Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me' at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Mikeyy It's sad that you think that just because Obama is black he should ignore any issue ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,220 Times in 8,281 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy
It's sad that you think that just because Obama is black he should ignore any issue that has a race aspect.
I don't think he should necessarily ignore ANY issue that has a racial aspect. I think he should ignore THIS case. Zimmerman was found innocent in a court of law and the FBI concluded in their report there was NO racist motives by Zimmerman.

So all that said there's ZERO reason to keep stoking the flames with the race card. It's one thing for Sharpton and Jackson to do it. They're in the race-baiting/hustling business. But I expect more out of my president. I'm highly disappointed he would throw fuel on the fire and keep this nonsense going.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:11 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,613 Times in 11,939 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
I don't think he should necessarily ignore ANY issue that has a racial aspect. I think he should ignore THIS case. Zimmerman was found innocent in a court of law and the FBI concluded in their report there was NO racist motives by Zimmerman.

So all that said there's ZERO reason to keep stoking the flames with the race card. It's one thing for Sharpton and Jackson to do it. They're in the race-baiting/hustling business. But I expect more out of my president. I'm highly disappointed he would throw fuel on the fire and keep this nonsense going.
Well said,
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by [QUOTE
Hairy Jello;578873]I don't think he should necessarily ignore ANY issue that has a racial aspect. I think he should ignore THIS case. Zimmerman was found innocent in a court of law and the FBI concluded in their report there was NO racist motives by Zimmerman.
Does the FBI speak for anyone here? He should speak out on whatever the public is talking about. He didn't say anything that should rile the haters up. It's just that he is the POTUS you hate so he can't get into a topic of race or you all get upset. Try to get over it. Obama said nothing that should cause all this angst!

Quote:
So all that said there's ZERO reason to keep stoking the flames with the race card.
Then stop mentioning the race card. Nobody else is.
Quote:
It's one thing for Sharpton and Jackson to do it.
Just because this has a racial aspect it is no reason people should not discuss this.
Quote:
They're in the race-baiting/hustling business.
So are you whenever you mention those two.
Quote:
But I expect more out of my president. I'm highly disappointed he would throw fuel on the fire and keep this nonsense going.
How did he throw fuel? What exactly off the top of your head did Obama say that threw fuel on this topic? You have to get over the fact he is black. It seems to have you all wound up.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Well said,
What was well said? You think Obama should not mention what everyone is talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,220 Times in 8,281 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Does the FBI speak for anyone here?
Their official report is important. More so than what these race baiters/hustlers are spouting off with little to no facts. The FBI concluded race was not a motive. Period. End of story.

Quote:
Then stop mentioning the race card. Nobody else is.
Obviously you didn't listen to Obama speak today; or anyone else this past year when talking about this case.

Quote:
So are you whenever you mention those two.
Race baiting and hustling is not my business. I don't profit from it not gain media attention by doing it.

Quote:
You have to get over the fact he is black. It seems to have you all wound up.
Obama's race has nothing to do with it. I would be saying the same thing if he were white. Hell, I patronized Matthews for doing the same thing in another thread.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by [QUOTE
Hairy Jello;578893]Their official report is important. More so than what these race baiters/hustlers are spouting off with little to no facts. The FBI concluded race was not a motive. Period. End of story.
I disagree with the FBI then. Martin was singled out first because he was black. I don't say that was racist but it was racial profiling. Second, the cops did little investigation that night. No drug or booze test for Zimmerman. The cops didn't do much of an investigation at all. Why? I think we all know that if the races were reversed someone would have been held overnight at least. What Sharpton has done to race bait I don't know.



Quote:
Obviously you didn't listen to Obama speak today; or anyone else this past year when talking about this case.
And what did he say? Not selected comments but what was he saying about this situation?



Quote:
Race baiting and hustling is not my business. I don't profit from it not gain media attention by doing it.
How was race baiting being done here.


Quote:
Obama's race has nothing to do with it. I would be saying the same thing if he were white. Hell, I patronized Matthews for doing the same thing in another thread.]
What made this story a story was not the death of a black kid alone. It was the lack of follow up by the authorities. I am still amazed that some here don't think it unusual for a kid to feel in need to defend himself when all he was doing was going to the store. It rubs many of us the wrong way.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,220 Times in 8,281 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
What made this story a story was not the death of a black kid alone. It was the lack of follow up by the authorities.
First off what made this story was the race baiters/hustlers like Jackson and Sharpton. Second, the police did follow up. The local PD saw no evidence Z committed a crime therefor declined to press charges. The prosecutor also felt there was not enough evidence and likewise declined to press charges. And it turned out both were correct in not charging Z because a jury didn't find jack s**t to convict him. The only reason Z went to trial was because of the false outrage and race baiting being done on a national stage. Political pressure forced this Angela Corey moron to go ahead with the circus. They should have listened to the Sanford PD and prosecutor's office. They had it right.

Quote:
I am still amazed that some here don't think it unusual for a kid to feel in need to defend himself when all he was doing was going to the store.
If he woulda done simply that Martin would be alive today. Instead he decided to confront Zimmerman and assault him.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
It is not his damned job to be a race baiting SOB! I wish people would stop looking at the incompetent imbecile as saintly and all-wise.
How did he race bait? Talking about a situation is race baiting? How?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:04 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Post Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
What was well said? You think Obama should not mention what everyone is talking about?
I think this hits the nail on the head.

I am really curious as to how Obama's statement supposedly "divides" the country.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,220 Times in 8,281 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon Martin 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
How did he race bait? Talking about a situation is race baiting? How?
Obama, and many others, keep trying to make this to be about race when it has NOTHING to do with race. Obama and the other race baiters/hustlers didn't like the verdict so are in full whine/tantrum mode trying to make everyone believe whitey is evil and black kids can't even walk home without being slaughtered in the streets.

Again, the FBI concluded Zimmerman is not a racist and that race had no factor in this case.

Zimmerman Not a Racist, FBI Report Says | Fox News Latino

If race had no factor in this case and no evidence has been produced showing otherwise, why the f**k are all we're hearing about is race with this case? Would it be because Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, Holder, and all the other race baiters/hustlers are claiming it is non-stop?

Instead of whining about Zimmerman, perhaps Obama should look at the African American community since they're the ones killing 91% of blacks in this country. Nothing like glossing over the obvious and blaming whitey. Blacks kill twice as many whites than whites do blacks but people want us to believe whites are the bane of all evil and biggest threat to African Americans. Nothing like a permanent break from reality, huh?
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
been, could, have, martin, obama, trayvon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0