Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The President & the Executive Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The President & the Executive Branch Discuss Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts at the Political Forums; Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts Vice President Joe Biden's effort to pay off campaign debt is getting a hand ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,685
Thanks: 2,189
Thanked 34,676 Times in 19,996 Posts
Default Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden's effort to pay off campaign debt is getting a hand from his boss and former rival, President Barack Obama.

The Federal Election Commission said Thursday that Obama for America, Obama's presidential campaign with running mate Biden, can use leftover money to give Biden's unsuccessful presidential primary campaign $138,000 to help it cover its bills.

An FEC audit shows that Biden's campaign debts include an estimated $219,005 owed to the U.S. Treasury.

Auditors came up with that total after finding the Biden campaign accepted donations over the legal limit, failed to deal with refund checks that donors didn't cash, and accepted illegal corporate help by paying less than it should have for a private plane flight.
1) Don't you wish you had friends in high places that will pay your bills for you from publicly donated money?

2) How do the Obama supporters here feel about Obama putting this guy in charge of seeing how $800 BILLION DOLLARS of taxpayer "stimulus" gets dealt out when he did this to his own campaign?
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2010, 12:44 AM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

1) Don't you wish you had friends in high places that will pay your bills for you from publicly donated money?

2) How do the Obama supporters here feel about Obama putting this guy in charge of seeing how $800 BILLION DOLLARS of taxpayer "stimulus" gets dealt out when he did this to his own campaign?
Just the way it works. Doesn't make it right, but it's been that way ever since Abel was the good and Cain was the strong. Doesn't matter if you are Rep or Dem, Con or Lib, the strong and powerful protect each other with impunity. It's not like every president or powerful CEO before today hasn't done the same thing in one way or another. It's that whole throwing stones and living in a glass house thing. Both sides have dirty hands.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2010, 11:18 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,685
Thanks: 2,189
Thanked 34,676 Times in 19,996 Posts
Default Re: Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwestdog View Post
Just the way it works. Doesn't make it right, but it's been that way ever since Abel was the good and Cain was the strong. Doesn't matter if you are Rep or Dem, Con or Lib, the strong and powerful protect each other with impunity. It's not like every president or powerful CEO before today hasn't done the same thing in one way or another. It's that whole throwing stones and living in a glass house thing. Both sides have dirty hands.
So you agree "Washington is broken and I'm going to fix it" and "hope and change" was a lie?...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
faithful_servant's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beautiful conservative Central Oregon
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,290
Thanks: 6,030
Thanked 8,067 Times in 5,535 Posts
Default Re: Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwestdog View Post
Just the way it works. Doesn't make it right, but it's been that way ever since Abel was the good and Cain was the strong. Doesn't matter if you are Rep or Dem, Con or Lib, the strong and powerful protect each other with impunity. It's not like every president or powerful CEO before today hasn't done the same thing in one way or another. It's that whole throwing stones and living in a glass house thing. Both sides have dirty hands.
But didn't the liberals elect Pres. Obama because he was going to change things?? Isn't that what he was elected to do?? Were you lied to in the election?? Is Pres. Obama just another run of the mill politician and not the emissary of hope that he hyped himself to be???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faithful_servant For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2010, 07:29 PM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
So you agree "Washington is broken and I'm going to fix it" and "hope and change" was a lie?...
They all say that as well. Isn't that one of the tea party's mantra's? We are going to go change Washington? And I will concede that Obama was naive if he thought he could. I think he tried his best, but it's not like the reps were going to say, "oh, what a nice guy, let's all just get along."
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2010, 07:36 PM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
But didn't the liberals elect Pres. Obama because he was going to change things?? Isn't that what he was elected to do?? Were you lied to in the election?? Is Pres. Obama just another run of the mill politician and not the emissary of hope that he hyped himself to be???
We are all many things. We can't define a man by any one act or phrase. We are complex beings. There are people who will ignore a homeless man on his/her way to work at a homeless shelter. That's human nature. Dichotomy is our nature. Obama is no different. Think of the bad things you have done in your life. Does that now negate any good you might do?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio de Bejar
Gender: Male
Posts: 546
Thanks: 199
Thanked 142 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: Obama helps Biden cover campaign debts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwestdog View Post
We are all many things. We can't define a man by any one act or phrase. We are complex beings. There are people who will ignore a homeless man on his/her way to work at a homeless shelter. That's human nature. Dichotomy is our nature. Obama is no different. Think of the bad things you have done in your life. Does that now negate any good you might do?
You just never run out of vacuous platitudes do you? And you sincerely wonder why you can't get anyone to take you seriously.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
biden, campaign, cover, debts, helps, obama

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0