Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Polls
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Discuss Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment? at the General Forum; Should speech such as asking for or agreeing with the killing of politicians be covered by the 1st amendment?....

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2021, 11:34 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 84,690
Thanks: 56,323
Thanked 26,576 Times in 19,056 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Should speech such as asking for or agreeing with the killing of politicians be covered by the 1st amendment?.
__________________
Bernie will introduce an amendment tomorrow to up min wage over 5 years and tip minimum wage over 7.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 12:08 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,187
Thanks: 2,334
Thanked 37,164 Times in 21,031 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Should speech such as asking for or agreeing with the killing of politicians be covered by the 1st amendment?.
YOU...TELL...ME...



US State Senator Refuses to Resign After Hoping for Trump's Assassination

Quote:
A state senator in the Midwest is refusing to resign after hoping for the assassination of U.S. President Donald Trump, despite being roundly criticized by top members of her own party.

On Thursday morning, Missouri State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote on Facebook, "I hope Trump is assassinated!"

And here's the obvious question....

Where were you the last four years?!?!?!?!?!?...

Four friggin' years of this and you were silent...Then, when some podunk writes something about Biden in the same vein, THEN it's a matter to discuss!!!!!!!!...

By asking this question NOW, you already gave us your answer...YOU have no problem when it's the talk of killing Trump or other Republicans, but NOT when it's talk of killing Biden or other Democrats...Thank you for your blatant bias and different rules...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 12:37 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 84,690
Thanks: 56,323
Thanked 26,576 Times in 19,056 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
YOU...TELL...ME...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzRksWdvpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uZ_atahP8

US State Senator Refuses to Resign After Hoping for Trump's Assassination




And here's the obvious question....

Where were you the last four years?!?!?!?!?!?...

Four friggin' years of this and you were silent...Then, when some podunk writes something about Biden in the same vein, THEN it's a matter to discuss!!!!!!!!...

By asking this question NOW, you already gave us your answer...YOU have no problem when it's the talk of killing Trump or other Republicans, but NOT when it's talk of killing Biden or other Democrats...Thank you for your blatant bias and different rules...
I don't know what Depp's problem was but Madonna chose love over death.
I don't remember any plots discussed online or elsewhere saying 'it's not time yet' and agreeing that a prominent leader should be shot. In fact I always thought if you whispered that and the fbi got wind of it you better have a good lawyer. not to mention you'd lose your job.
but we have a white nationalist supporter in the house. instead of taking her down a notch like the GOP did with King, she got promoted to an education committee. She is part of a group who think Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks conspire to kidnapper babies and eat them.
__________________
Bernie will introduce an amendment tomorrow to up min wage over 5 years and tip minimum wage over 7.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 04:25 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,003
Thanks: 1,908
Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,240 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
YOU...TELL...ME...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzRksWdvpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uZ_atahP8

US State Senator Refuses to Resign After Hoping for Trump's Assassination




And here's the obvious question....

Where were you the last four years?!?!?!?!?!?...

Four friggin' years of this and you were silent...Then, when some podunk writes something about Biden in the same vein, THEN it's a matter to discuss!!!!!!!!...

By asking this question NOW, you already gave us your answer...YOU have no problem when it's the talk of killing Trump or other Republicans, but NOT when it's talk of killing Biden or other Democrats...Thank you for your blatant bias and different rules...
Notice she added a qualifier to her thread title.Meaning she is fine if someone calls for violence against republicans.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 04:40 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,003
Thanks: 1,908
Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,240 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't know what Depp's problem was but Madonna chose love over death.
I don't remember any plots discussed online or elsewhere saying 'it's not time yet' and agreeing that a prominent leader should be shot. In fact I always thought if you whispered that and the fbi got wind of it you better have a good lawyer. not to mention you'd lose your job.
but we have a white nationalist supporter in the house.
instead of taking her down a notch like the GOP did with King, she got promoted to an education committee. She is part of a group who think Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks conspire to kidnapper babies and eat them.
When you say white nationalist supporter in the house, what you do mean exactly? I have to ask because you leftist falsely accuse people of being racist so much so that no person with a brain can take the word of a leftist when it come to claims of racism. For example you people all the time falsely call Former president Trump a racist. If someone is against illegal immigration you people falsely call that person a racist. If someone says hey I think you should have to show a government issued ID you people falsely claim that person is a racist and it trying to suppress votes. If someone says I think able-bodied people shouldn't get welfare and food stamps you people will call falsely call that person a racist. But if someone says "I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," which is obviously a racist statement you people excuse it, claim it was taken out of context or pretend it was never said because a democrat said it.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 07:15 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,976
Thanks: 9,916
Thanked 7,236 Times in 4,131 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't know what Depp's problem was but Madonna chose love over death.
I don't remember any plots discussed online or elsewhere saying 'it's not time yet' and agreeing that a prominent leader should be shot. In fact I always thought if you whispered that and the fbi got wind of it you better have a good lawyer. not to mention you'd lose your job.
but we have a white nationalist supporter in the house. instead of taking her down a notch like the GOP did with King, she got promoted to an education committee. She is part of a group who think Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks conspire to kidnapper babies and eat them.
When you include blatantly false statements in your argument just as you did above, you demonstrate that you are not wanting an honest debate, you just want people to agree with you.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 09:12 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,195
Thanks: 698
Thanked 7,021 Times in 5,021 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Free speech means the government cannot make laws against what you say as criticism, for one. Threatening anybody or calling for their harm or death, or disturbing the peace, or calling for disturbing the peace, is not free speech. Those are threats, and cannot be taken as free speech.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 11:41 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,060
Thanks: 10,446
Thanked 14,115 Times in 7,676 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

The first amendment is quite clear. It makes no reference to the Congress /Legislature ability to qualify what constitutes allowable Free speech or Free assembly.

There is good reason why the Founder's did not define what was acceptable under the term of "free speech." Those in power, who do not understand this, are a menace to the Republic.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 01:33 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,976
Thanks: 9,916
Thanked 7,236 Times in 4,131 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Free speech means the government cannot make laws against what you say as criticism, for one. Threatening anybody or calling for their harm or death, or disturbing the peace, or calling for disturbing the peace, is not free speech. Those are threats, and cannot be taken as free speech.
Intentionally calling for violence of any sort with a reasonable expectation that the intended audience will carry it out, is a crime. However, it is a very high hurdle for the state to prove.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2021, 02:46 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,195
Thanks: 698
Thanked 7,021 Times in 5,021 Posts
Default Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Intentionally calling for violence of any sort with a reasonable expectation that the intended audience will carry it out, is a crime. However, it is a very high hurdle for the state to prove.
It should be the same way for the brainwashed politicians. They have an impossible hurdle to prove anything nefarious in Trump's speech to the people who marched into Washington. And I do mean brainwashed.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
1st, amendment, covered, should, speech, supremist, the, violent, white

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0