Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Polls (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/polls/)
-   -   Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment? (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/polls/59576-should-white-supremist-violent-speech-covered-1st-amendment.html)

saltwn 01-27-2021 10:34 PM

Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Should speech such as asking for or agreeing with the killing of politicians be covered by the 1st amendment?.

cnredd 01-27-2021 11:08 PM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 999458)
Should speech such as asking for or agreeing with the killing of politicians be covered by the 1st amendment?.

YOU...TELL...ME...:yes



US State Senator Refuses to Resign After Hoping for Trump's Assassination

Quote:

A state senator in the Midwest is refusing to resign after hoping for the assassination of U.S. President Donald Trump, despite being roundly criticized by top members of her own party.

On Thursday morning, Missouri State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote on Facebook, "I hope Trump is assassinated!"

And here's the obvious question....

Where were you the last four years?!?!?!?!?!?...:mad

Four friggin' years of this and you were silent...Then, when some podunk writes something about Biden in the same vein, THEN it's a matter to discuss!!!!!!!!...:rolls

By asking this question NOW, you already gave us your answer...YOU have no problem when it's the talk of killing Trump or other Republicans, but NOT when it's talk of killing Biden or other Democrats...Thank you for your blatant bias and different rules...:(

saltwn 01-27-2021 11:37 PM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 999459)
YOU...TELL...ME...:yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzRksWdvpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uZ_atahP8

US State Senator Refuses to Resign After Hoping for Trump's Assassination




And here's the obvious question....

Where were you the last four years?!?!?!?!?!?...:mad

Four friggin' years of this and you were silent...Then, when some podunk writes something about Biden in the same vein, THEN it's a matter to discuss!!!!!!!!...:rolls

By asking this question NOW, you already gave us your answer...YOU have no problem when it's the talk of killing Trump or other Republicans, but NOT when it's talk of killing Biden or other Democrats...Thank you for your blatant bias and different rules...:(

I don't know what Depp's problem was but Madonna chose love over death.
I don't remember any plots discussed online or elsewhere saying 'it's not time yet' and agreeing that a prominent leader should be shot. In fact I always thought if you whispered that and the fbi got wind of it you better have a good lawyer. not to mention you'd lose your job.
but we have a white nationalist supporter in the house. instead of taking her down a notch like the GOP did with King, she got promoted to an education committee. She is part of a group who think Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks conspire to kidnapper babies and eat them.

jamesrage 01-28-2021 03:25 AM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 999459)
YOU...TELL...ME...:yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzRksWdvpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uZ_atahP8

US State Senator Refuses to Resign After Hoping for Trump's Assassination




And here's the obvious question....

Where were you the last four years?!?!?!?!?!?...:mad

Four friggin' years of this and you were silent...Then, when some podunk writes something about Biden in the same vein, THEN it's a matter to discuss!!!!!!!!...:rolls

By asking this question NOW, you already gave us your answer...YOU have no problem when it's the talk of killing Trump or other Republicans, but NOT when it's talk of killing Biden or other Democrats...Thank you for your blatant bias and different rules...:(

Notice she added a qualifier to her thread title.Meaning she is fine if someone calls for violence against republicans.

jamesrage 01-28-2021 03:40 AM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 999464)
I don't know what Depp's problem was but Madonna chose love over death.
I don't remember any plots discussed online or elsewhere saying 'it's not time yet' and agreeing that a prominent leader should be shot. In fact I always thought if you whispered that and the fbi got wind of it you better have a good lawyer. not to mention you'd lose your job.
but we have a white nationalist supporter in the house.
instead of taking her down a notch like the GOP did with King, she got promoted to an education committee. She is part of a group who think Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks conspire to kidnapper babies and eat them.

When you say white nationalist supporter in the house, what you do mean exactly? I have to ask because you leftist falsely accuse people of being racist so much so that no person with a brain can take the word of a leftist when it come to claims of racism. For example you people all the time falsely call Former president Trump a racist. If someone is against illegal immigration you people falsely call that person a racist. If someone says hey I think you should have to show a government issued ID you people falsely claim that person is a racist and it trying to suppress votes. If someone says I think able-bodied people shouldn't get welfare and food stamps you people will call falsely call that person a racist. But if someone says "I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," which is obviously a racist statement you people excuse it, claim it was taken out of context or pretend it was never said because a democrat said it.

GetAClue 01-28-2021 06:15 AM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 999464)
I don't know what Depp's problem was but Madonna chose love over death.
I don't remember any plots discussed online or elsewhere saying 'it's not time yet' and agreeing that a prominent leader should be shot. In fact I always thought if you whispered that and the fbi got wind of it you better have a good lawyer. not to mention you'd lose your job.
but we have a white nationalist supporter in the house. instead of taking her down a notch like the GOP did with King, she got promoted to an education committee. She is part of a group who think Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks conspire to kidnapper babies and eat them.

When you include blatantly false statements in your argument just as you did above, you demonstrate that you are not wanting an honest debate, you just want people to agree with you.

Manitou 01-28-2021 08:12 AM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Free speech means the government cannot make laws against what you say as criticism, for one. Threatening anybody or calling for their harm or death, or disturbing the peace, or calling for disturbing the peace, is not free speech. Those are threats, and cannot be taken as free speech.

FrancSevin 01-28-2021 10:41 AM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
The first amendment is quite clear. It makes no reference to the Congress /Legislature ability to qualify what constitutes allowable Free speech or Free assembly.

There is good reason why the Founder's did not define what was acceptable under the term of "free speech." Those in power, who do not understand this, are a menace to the Republic.

GetAClue 01-28-2021 12:33 PM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manitou (Post 999483)
Free speech means the government cannot make laws against what you say as criticism, for one. Threatening anybody or calling for their harm or death, or disturbing the peace, or calling for disturbing the peace, is not free speech. Those are threats, and cannot be taken as free speech.

Intentionally calling for violence of any sort with a reasonable expectation that the intended audience will carry it out, is a crime. However, it is a very high hurdle for the state to prove.

Manitou 01-28-2021 01:46 PM

Re: Should White Supremist violent speech be covered by the 1st amendment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 999494)
Intentionally calling for violence of any sort with a reasonable expectation that the intended audience will carry it out, is a crime. However, it is a very high hurdle for the state to prove.

It should be the same way for the brainwashed politicians. They have an impossible hurdle to prove anything nefarious in Trump's speech to the people who marched into Washington. And I do mean brainwashed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0