Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Polls
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Discuss Trump's Approval Rating at the General Forum; Figured it'd be cool to toss up a thread showin' Trump's approval rating as it changes. 52% approval. That's pretty ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,977
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,676 Posts
Default Trump's Approval Rating

Figured it'd be cool to toss up a thread showin' Trump's approval rating as it changes.

52% approval. That's pretty fuqin' good. Also his highest since right after the election.

Quote:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 52% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trumpís job performance. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapprove.

Trump's highest level of approval since shortly after his inauguration.
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:45 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,620
Thanks: 1,560
Thanked 8,880 Times in 5,670 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

Outliers like Rasmussen don't tell the real story.

As of this moment, the current average per Real Clear Politics is 42.4 approve, 54.2 disapprove.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

538's aggregate depends on which polls you use.

All current polling data puts Trump at 40.4-55.1
Polls of registered or likely voters, 42.1-54.0
Polls of adults, 39.4-55.7

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Seems like right now he's hovering around the low 40s for approval and mid 50s for disapproval. Not his best, but not his worst.
__________________
"There's two types of people: people that look at porn, and people that lie about it. But I wasn't looking!" -

Alex Jones
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 16,788
Thanks: 9,868
Thanked 10,375 Times in 6,311 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

Yes comrade, higher approval ratings for Trump are an outlier but low ratings reflect the true sentiment of the People. Oh and never mind the SNAP polls after the SOTU speech those were all deplorables.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:50 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,001
Thanks: 8,084
Thanked 11,154 Times in 6,269 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

Rasmussen, which has been closer to predictions than anybody, is an "outlier"

As for me, when I want to get a view of how the media will report something, I always check RealClearPolitics because they always nail it for the media.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:44 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,001
Thanks: 8,084
Thanked 11,154 Times in 6,269 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

After the SOTU and last nights rally at the El Paso border, Trump's approval is up almost ten percent in one week. Say what you want but that is impressive.

It is the not the result of him beating back the democrats but fulfilling his promise to strengthen our border security. Something a clear majority of Americans want to see.

This struggle in not about two personalities in clash,,,; Trump Vrs Pelosi> it is about real immigration reform.

After the border is hardened, I hope the President turns his attention to the large corporations and small businesses that have exploited the illegal immigrant population for decades. It's time those movie stars paid proper wages for mowing lush lawns and cleaning their swimming pools.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,977
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,676 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
After the SOTU and last nights rally at the El Paso border, Trump's approval is up almost ten percent in one week. Say what you want but that is impressive.
That speech last night was one of the best he's done yet. Amazing.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2019, 12:32 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,984
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 33,704 Times in 19,556 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Outliers like Rasmussen don't tell the real story.

As of this moment, the current average per Real Clear Politics is 42.4 approve, 54.2 disapprove.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

538's aggregate depends on which polls you use.

All current polling data puts Trump at 40.4-55.1
Polls of registered or likely voters, 42.1-54.0
Polls of adults, 39.4-55.7

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Seems like right now he's hovering around the low 40s for approval and mid 50s for disapproval. Not his best, but not his worst.
Three points...(Yup...THREE)...

1) Real Clear Politics does take an average of recent polls, but they simply make up what is considered "recent"...

I clicked your link...The two polls with the lowest approval rating (at 38%) have January samples...Every other poll shown (all with higher numbers) are 100% February samples...So those two lowest are outdated...You remove those two (as you would call them, "outliers", and the approval ratings jump a few percentage points...

2) One of the lowest...

A) Reuters/Ipsos - 2,470 Americans
963 Democrats
814 Republicans
389 Independents

149 more self-identified Democrats then Republicans...How conveeeeenient...

3) The term "Independents" USE to mean "People in the middle with some Republican ideologies and some Democrat ideologies"...Now it means "People so far to the Left or Right they refuse to recognize themselves as either of the two major parties...

So how many Green Party? Or Libertarians? Or Alt-Right? Or Socialist Democrats?...And how may of each?...

You'll never know...Making this part too vague to find any trends...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2019, 12:39 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Guide
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 469
Thanks: 2
Thanked 90 Times in 80 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
149 more self-identified Democrats then Republicans...How conveeeeenient...
Convenient? No, more like accurate. There are more Democrats than Republicans in this country and there have been for a while.

Overall, this thread is just another data point supporting my theory that Trump supporters are idiots.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2019, 01:45 AM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,620
Thanks: 1,560
Thanked 8,880 Times in 5,670 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

I'll gladly concede that outliers exists in both directions, but Rasmussen has had a long-standing pattern of over-inflating the president's approval ratings compared to where the rest of the polling community is on average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
- 2,470 Americans
963 Democrats
814 Republicans
389 Independents

149 more self-identified Democrats then Republicans...How conveeeeenient...
39% Democratic
33% Republican
16% Independent
And 12% None of the above

That doesn't look like an outlier at all in terms of political demographics, especially when we're coming off of a very strong midterm election for the Democrats.

So I reject the idea that the polling from Ipsos is skewed somehow, just like every other time the worn out trope gets trotted out. I'm not saying it never happens, but 39D-33R-28I/NA is not an abnormal result by any means.

Whatever the reason for the low approval number, it's not because of a polling batch being grossly inaccurate to general political ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
3) The term "Independents" USE to mean "People in the middle with some Republican ideologies and some Democrat ideologies"...Now it means "People so far to the Left or Right they refuse to recognize themselves as either of the two major parties...
And when did this happen?
__________________
"There's two types of people: people that look at porn, and people that lie about it. But I wasn't looking!" -

Alex Jones

Last edited by WallyWager; 02-13-2019 at 01:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:19 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,984
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 33,704 Times in 19,556 Posts
Default Re: Trump's Approval Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
I'll gladly concede that outliers exists in both directions, but Rasmussen has had a long-standing pattern of over-inflating the president's approval ratings compared to where the rest of the polling community is on average.
No...It doesn't over-inflate...It shows a better reflection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
39% Democratic
33% Republican
16% Independent
And 12% None of the above

That doesn't look like an outlier at all in terms of political demographics, especially when we're coming off of a very strong midterm election for the Democrats.
But I should've noted this...

The poll's link shows that this was just done by...

A) People who took the survey online ONLY...

B) People...NOT "Registered voters"...

How many of those are illegals that took the poll and can't vote (or should I say "shouldn't be able to")?...

How many have no intention of voting anyway?...

How many SAID they were over 18 but really aren't?...

An online poll is the most un-scientific of all polls...They could've just wrote answers on pieces of paper and threw them in the air...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
So I reject the idea that the polling from Ipsos is skewed somehow, just like every other time the worn out trope gets trotted out. I'm not saying it never happens, but 39D-33R-28I/NA is not an abnormal result by any means.
And that's the problem...It's NORMAL over-sample Democrats...It's bullsh*t, but I agree...It's been normalized... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Whatever the reason for the low approval number, it's not because of a polling batch being grossly inaccurate to general political ID.
But 3 or 4 percentage swing can do wonders...It can turn a 48% minority to a 51% majority...

Showing Trump with a 50% +1 majority is a confidence killer to the Left...



Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
3) The term "Independents" USE to mean "People in the middle with some Republican ideologies and some Democrat ideologies"...Now it means "People so far to the Left or Right they refuse to recognize themselves as either of the two major parties...And when did this happen?
You disagree?...

Do you honestly believe that "Independents" live in the middle?...I'll say "some", but even if it's 60%, you still have 40% fringe far-Left and fringe far-Right aren't specified in the poll...yes
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
approval, rating, trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0