Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Polls
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Discuss Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable: sur at the General Forum; [quote=Surly;905548]Actually Trump said there was a lot of good people marching on the side of the Nazi's. I am still ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,699
Thanks: 3,078
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,898 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

[quote=Surly;905548]Actually Trump said there was a lot of good people marching on the side of the Nazi's. I am still trying to figure out why a single "good" person would march with the Nazis.





Is that really what he said? So in your opinion was EVERY person marching, a BAD person? Be careful with your answer.
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,253
Thanks: 2,797
Thanked 3,060 Times in 2,393 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

[quote=Dog Man;905549]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Actually Trump said there was a lot of good people marching on the side of the Nazi's. I am still trying to figure out why a single "good" person would march with the Nazis.







Is that really what he said? So in your opinion was EVERY person marching, a BAD person? Be careful with your answer.
All the NeoNazis and anyone supporting them are. Why should I be careful?
__________________
Grab her by the *****, Vote Roy Moore.

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,699
Thanks: 3,078
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,898 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

[quote=Surly;905550]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post

All the NeoNazis and anyone supporting them are. Why should I be careful?
Supporting them yes, some people march in the same protests for different reasons.

I guess every person that marches with Anti America AntiFA is the same as the masked men that create violence. Thank you for clearing that up.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,253
Thanks: 2,797
Thanked 3,060 Times in 2,393 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

You were talking about Nazi's and somehow you pretended I said something about Antifa. Which if they were contributing to the violence they are not good people either on the same level. What is the deal on this forum lately, trying to say someone else said something then argue with it, or pretend they didn't really say what is there in black and white? This is just another perfect example. Maybe I am going to start my period. [quote=Dog Man;905552]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post

Supporting them yes, some people march in the same protests for different reasons.

I guess every person that marches with Anti America AntiFA is the same as the masked men that create violence. Thank you for clearing that up.
__________________
Grab her by the *****, Vote Roy Moore.

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:42 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,386
Thanks: 10,022
Thanked 15,138 Times in 9,175 Posts
Post Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Actually Trump said there was a lot of good people marching on the side of the Nazi's. I am still trying to figure out why a single "good" person would march with the Nazis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Is that really what he said? So in your opinion was EVERY person marching, a BAD person? Be careful with your answer.
Good people don't "accidentally" join a nazi parade...

And it boggles my mind the kind of people who try to defend that...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 07:30 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,258
Thanks: 2,923
Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,127 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Actually Trump said there was a lot of good people marching on the side of the Nazi's. I am still trying to figure out why a single "good" person would march with the Nazis.
No, that is not what he was saying. He was saying that there are good people on both sides of the argument. But you are too wrapped up in your partisan hatred to discern what was said from what you wanted to hear.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 07:51 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,253
Thanks: 2,797
Thanked 3,060 Times in 2,393 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
No, that is not what he was saying. He was saying that there are good people on both sides of the argument. But you are too wrapped up in your partisan hatred to discern what was said from what you wanted to hear.
Did he say, "of the argument."
__________________
Grab her by the *****, Vote Roy Moore.

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,258
Thanks: 2,923
Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,127 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Did he say, "of the argument."
Quote:
"I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame on both sides," Trump said today.

"You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides," he added.
Please show me where he stated that the Nazi's were fine people.

The "of the argument" was implied. It is a common practice in the English language to "infer" the meaning of another persons words. However, it takes a little bit of intelligence to do so. Being as Trump, when speaking off the cuff, generally talks at a 5th grade level, the level of intelligence to discern his words should not be above the level of most adults in this country. I would hope you are capable of that level of comprehension.

My guess however is that you are so blinded by partisan hate that he could have spelled it out for you and you would have complained that he was treating you like the child you are now acting like.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 08:48 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,253
Thanks: 2,797
Thanked 3,060 Times in 2,393 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Please show me where he stated that the Nazi's were fine people.

The "of the argument" was implied. It is a common practice in the English language to "infer" the meaning of another persons words. However, it takes a little bit of intelligence to do so. Being as Trump, when speaking off the cuff, generally talks at a 5th grade level, the level of intelligence to discern his words should not be above the level of most adults in this country. I would hope you are capable of that level of comprehension.

My guess however is that you are so blinded by partisan hate that he could have spelled it out for you and you would have complained that he was treating you like the child you are now acting like.
One side nazis, boom, no fine people. Even though he said it, even though his meaning was obvious at the time, that's not really what he meant. Yea, it's me that stupid. It must really tax your intelligence to be a Trumpster.
__________________
Grab her by the *****, Vote Roy Moore.

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:15 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,258
Thanks: 2,923
Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,127 Posts
Default Re: Nine percent of Americans say neo-Nazi or white supremacist views are acceptable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
One side nazis, boom, no fine people. Even though he said it, even though his meaning was obvious at the time, that's not really what he meant. Yea, it's me that stupid. It must really tax your intelligence to be a Trumpster.
See, this is where you fail in your argument. You are saying that there was nobody there opposing the removal of statues that were not Nazi's. You for some reason, cannot come to grips with the fact that not everyone opposing the removal of statues, is a Nazi or a WS.

Where there Nazi's there? Yes, they were not afraid to display their true selves.
Was everyone there opposing the statues Nazi's? Of course not, but that does not fit your narrow view of the world.

And to call me a Trumpster is a stretch. I have been very vocal about my feelings about him. While I support many of the same positions that he takes, he was hardly my choice for the job. My vote for him was a vote to keep Hillary out of the WH while holding my nose.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
acceptable, americans, are, neonazi, nine, percent, say, supremacist, sur, views, white

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0