Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Polls
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Discuss After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll at the General Forum; Originally Posted by AZRWinger Once again you conjure up an imaginary scenario contrary to the facts. Obama mocked Romney for ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2017, 10:15 AM
dabateman's Avatar
Buckle-up Buttercup
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,121
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Once again you conjure up an imaginary scenario contrary to the facts. Obama mocked Romney for considering Russia a top threat, refused to supply the Ukrainians with weaponry to defend themselves from Russian agression then promised Putin he would be more flexible after the election. Hillary made a comical attempt to be more accomodation to the Russians with her reset button. Obama did virtually nothing in response to Russians hacking the WH servers. Oh but in your fun house mirror view it is Trump who wants to be "besties" with the Russians. No evidence required, you just "know".
Shifting goal posts. Obama now would have had to have considered the Russians to be the top threat four years ago for you to be satisfied instead of merely a threat. However, Putin didn't want Hillary. He wanted Trump. And he wanted Trump because Trump would be better for him. And rightly so with all the Russian connections of Trump and those he's appointing. But let's ignore all that because we're useful idiots for the Republicans.

Quote:
Obama ordered his intelligence agencies to perform a rush investigation AKA partisan witch hunt into so-called Russian meddling in the election. Russians only became a terrible threat when they could be used as part of the Democrats dumpster fire undercutting the Trump administration while helping Putin with his disinformation campaign of a corrupted election. Democrats are acting as Putin's besties.
Interesting, considering that your President-Elect decided to finally sign on to the Russian hacking theory. What does that make your argument? Oh yeah... bullsh*t.
__________________
Continue that line of reasoning, Muffin... I'm judging you. Harshly.



You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,357
Thanks: 22,380
Thanked 18,872 Times in 13,899 Posts
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Trump likes anyone who says they like him.



I wrote this as a joke but the joke is on us really
__________________
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2017, 12:05 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,023
Thanks: 7,850
Thanked 8,572 Times in 5,325 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post
Shifting goal posts. Obama now would have had to have considered the Russians to be the top threat four years ago for you to be satisfied instead of merely a threat. However, Putin didn't want Hillary. He wanted Trump. And he wanted Trump because Trump would be better for him. And rightly so with all the Russian connections of Trump and those he's appointing. But let's ignore all that because we're useful idiots for the Republicans.



Interesting, considering that your President-Elect decided to finally sign on to the Russian hacking theory. What does that make your argument? Oh yeah... bullsh*t.
No, the facts show Obama didn’t consider Russia a threat and together with Hillary tried to accomodate Putin. Instead of pretending you understand what satisfies my assertions try coming up with an analysis that at least acknowledges the facts. So far that has been showed to be clearly beyond your capabilities.

Instead of juvenile name calling you might try an intelligent response for a change. In fact Obama waited for a month after the election to commission the investigation. Why? Because there was no partisan advantage to doing it earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2017, 12:10 PM
dabateman's Avatar
Buckle-up Buttercup
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,121
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
No, the facts show Obama didn’t consider Russia a threat and together with Hillary tried to accomodate Putin. Instead of pretending you understand what satisfies my assertions try coming up with an analysis that at least acknowledges the facts. So far that has been showed to be clearly beyond your capabilities.

Instead of juvenile name calling you might try an intelligent response for a change. In fact Obama waited for a month after the election to commission the investigation. Why? Because there was no partisan advantage to doing it earlier.
Why bother talking to you when you refuse to accept basic facts such as Obama viewing Putin as a threat. Hell, it's the whole reason he appointed Hillary to try to restart US/Russian relations. That didn't work because Putin couldn't control Obama/Clinton. That's why he fought against Clinton getting elected.

But, by playing on useful idiots like yourself, Putin was able to install his guy.
__________________
Continue that line of reasoning, Muffin... I'm judging you. Harshly.



You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dabateman For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Senior's Avatar
Political Independent 👌
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,093
Thanks: 1,455
Thanked 1,229 Times in 849 Posts
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Most Americans have considered Moscow a threat for 70 years.

Moscow Don doesn't. He'll even throw the US intelligence community under the bus in order to not anger Putin.

__________________
*
Semper Gumby / USMC - Always Be Flexible
*
When the ramp drops, the bullshıt stops
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,023
Thanks: 7,850
Thanked 8,572 Times in 5,325 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post
Why bother talking to you when you refuse to accept basic facts such as Obama viewing Putin as a threat. Hell, it's the whole reason he appointed Hillary to try to restart US/Russian relations. That didn't work because Putin couldn't control Obama/Clinton. That's why he fought against Clinton getting elected.

But, by playing on useful idiots like yourself, Putin was able to install his guy.
Another fantasy from your partisan blindness. Obama mocked Romney for his statement that Russia was the top threat to the US and promised Putin more "flexibility" after the election. I am not the one who refuses to accept the facts, that would be you.

Putin can't control Hillary Clinton with her "over charge" button. She was such a joke as Secretary of state she couldn't even manage to get reset translated into Russian. Talk about useful idiots.

Hillary's State Department approved a Russian government controlled company taking over 25% of US uranium mining after Bill was paid over $1 million in "speaking" fees for 2 speeches and Roger Clinton got a seat on the company's board of directors. But Putin couldn't control Hillary yeah sure, drag a million dollars through the Clinton's trailer park and here she comes running with a plastick button she salvaged from Bill's hot tub party.

Let's see Trump has promised to rebuild our military including updating our nuclear arsenal. He is working to get our NATO allies to fulfill their minimum defense spending obligations. What happened when Reagan compelled the Soviets to match increased defense spending? Oh yeah, Putin controls Trump.

Instead of mindlessly repeating partisan Democrat talking points about Putin controlling Trump try giving the facts consideration first for a change.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,023
Thanks: 7,850
Thanked 8,572 Times in 5,325 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
Most Americans have considered Moscow a threat for 70 years.

Moscow Don doesn't. He'll even throw the US intelligence community under the bus in order to not anger Putin.

President Obama didn’t consider Russia a threat when he mocked Romney for saying they were the top threat to the US or when he promised Putin more "flexibility" after the election. It is probably true most Americans considered Russia a threat but neither President Obama nor Hillary Overcharge Clinton treated them as such if we accept the limitations of actual evidence instead of the partisan Democrat photoshopped version.

Democrats have plenty of time to prepare cartoons and photo composites mocking Trump but precious little to analyze what they need to do to find common ground with President Trump and the Republican Congress.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2017, 03:03 PM
dabateman's Avatar
Buckle-up Buttercup
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,121
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Another fantasy from your partisan blindness. Obama mocked Romney for his statement that Russia was the top threat to the US and promised Putin more "flexibility" after the election. I am not the one who refuses to accept the facts, that would be you.
Evidence? Since neither of us agrees, source your facts.

Quote:
Putin can't control Hillary Clinton with her "over charge" button. She was such a joke as Secretary of state she couldn't even manage to get reset translated into Russian. Talk about useful idiots.
Source your fact.

Quote:
Hillary's State Department approved a Russian government controlled company taking over 25% of US uranium mining after Bill was paid over $1 million in "speaking" fees for 2 speeches and Roger Clinton got a seat on the company's board of directors. But Putin couldn't control Hillary yeah sure, drag a million dollars through the Clinton's trailer park and here she comes running with a plastick button she salvaged from Bill's hot tub party.
Source your fact.

Quote:
Let's see Trump has promised to rebuild our military including updating our nuclear arsenal. He is working to get our NATO allies to fulfill their minimum defense spending obligations. What happened when Reagan compelled the Soviets to match increased defense spending? Oh yeah, Putin controls Trump.

Instead of mindlessly repeating partisan Democrat talking points about Putin controlling Trump try giving the facts consideration first for a change.
How about actually giving facts? Let's see your source.
__________________
Continue that line of reasoning, Muffin... I'm judging you. Harshly.



You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2017, 04:10 PM
Senior's Avatar
Political Independent 👌
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,093
Thanks: 1,455
Thanked 1,229 Times in 849 Posts
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Let's see Trump has promised to rebuild our military including updating our nuclear arsenal.
Trump says wants nuclear arsenals cut 'very substantially'

I don't know what planet Trump lives on, but Putin isn't cutting a strategic nuclear triad he has spent billions of ruble's modernizing with more on the way.

Putin urges Russian nuclear weapons boost

Putin orders development of missiles capable of penetrating any defense systems
__________________
*
Semper Gumby / USMC - Always Be Flexible
*
When the ramp drops, the bullshıt stops
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,023
Thanks: 7,850
Thanked 8,572 Times in 5,325 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: After 2016 campaign, more Americans consider Russia a threat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
Trump says wants nuclear arsenals cut 'very substantially'

I don't know what planet Trump lives on, but Putin isn't cutting a strategic nuclear triad he has spent billions of ruble's modernizing with more on the way.

Putin urges Russian nuclear weapons boost

Putin orders development of missiles capable of penetrating any defense systems
The Reuterse article quotes a "Times newspaper" which is an unreliable source for information on Trump due to their agenda.

Try this.

Quote:
United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.” In case anyone was confused, he followed up Friday morning with an off-air remark to MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that clarified his intentions: “Let it be an arms race,” he said. “We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all.”
Trump Said the U.S. Should Expand Nuclear Weapons. He’s Right. - POLITICO Magazine

Despite the never Trumpsters fevered claims that Trump is a Russian puppet he wants to confront them with an arms race they cannot win.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2016, after, americans, campaign, consider, more, poll, reuters or ipsos, russia, threat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0