Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Polls
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Discuss Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election... at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 If you want to quibble, then quibble... The right is more guilty of it. Bullsh!t; prove ...

Poll: Assuming Russia hacked our election, what are your feelings on the premise?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Assuming Russia hacked our election, what are your feelings on the premise?

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,877
Thanks: 716
Thanked 1,397 Times in 949 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
If you want to quibble, then quibble...
The right is more guilty of it.
Bullsh!t; prove it by numbers. You're just making stupid claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Oh gawd. You're clueless on that subject as well.
SNOWDEN TRIED to follow the internal whistle-blower steps.
He was rebuffed and ignored.
Um ... wow dude, you're so eager to be argumentative, you don't even realize you just VALIDATED WHAT I SAID.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 01:35 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,692
Thanks: 5,958
Thanked 8,511 Times in 4,924 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

According to James Clapper...;
Here's what is true: "The Russians did not hack into our voting machines."


Whether it was them or someone else who gave WikiLeaks the emails of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta what those emails demonstrated is clear.

The corrupt, liberal news media colluded with the Clinton campaign.
Some DNC staffers made anti-Semitic, misogynistic, racist, homophobic and sexist comments.
The DNC tried to discredit Bernie Sanders and rig the primary for Hillary Clinton

Speculations such as this Straw Man diversion prove nothing but who's side one is one. The left who did manipulate the election process,,,; or the right who voted in a new regime to replace them.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2017, 12:40 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,203
Thanks: 9,594
Thanked 14,584 Times in 8,810 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Bullsh!t; prove it by numbers. You're just making stupid claims.
This thread is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
If you want to demonstrate a counter-example for liberals, please feel free to do so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Um ... wow dude, you're so eager to be argumentative, you don't even realize you just VALIDATED WHAT I SAID.
It's funny you think that.
Like I said, it's the process. Not "ends justify the means".

It's like baking a cake and you skip the step where you blend the ingredients.
If you jump straight to putting all the ingredients in the oven, it's not going to come out right.
FOLLOWING THE PROCESS is what your example is about.
Not "ends justify the means".

If this were an "ends justify the means" situation, then Snowden could have just decided to out the situation publicly FIRST STEP. And if the ends TRULY justified the means, nobody could complain.
But that's NOT what is the standard. It's the process that's important.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
According to James Clapper...;
Here's what is true: "The Russians did not hack into our voting machines."
Here we are talking about apples.
FrancSevin wants to change the conversation to oranges.

This thread isn't about arguing whether the Soviets did it.
The question is If the soviets are assumed to have done it, would it be wrong.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Senior's Avatar
Political Independent 👌
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,088
Thanks: 1,455
Thanked 1,221 Times in 843 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

For the lemming Trumpbots...

Donald Trump 'not denying Russia was behind hacking campaign', says Priebus

Yet another embarrassing Trump flip-flop after dissing the US intelligence community for three weeks. Vladimir "Witch Hunt" Putin played him like a cheap fiddle.
__________________
*
Semper Gumby / USMC - Always Be Flexible
*
When the ramp drops, the bullshıt stops
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Senior For This Useful Post:
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2017, 04:10 PM
RedState's Avatar
#RESIST
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,035 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
For the lemming Trumpbots...

Donald Trump 'not denying Russia was behind hacking campaign', says Priebus

Yet another embarrassing Trump flip-flop after dissing the US intelligence community for three weeks. Vladimir "Witch Hunt" Putin played him like a cheap fiddle.
Yep. And Furthermore both Trump and Conway both lie and say that the intelligence report shows that Russia failed to effect the election. Even though the report specifically does NOT make an attempt to evaluate the effect of the hacks.

And Trump himself mentioned the Wikileaks materials 164 times during the month leading up to Election Day. If they thought it was having no effect why mention something 164 times that did nothing for him?

What a great leader. He uses the best words. 164 times.
__________________
“The main problem in any democracy is that crowd-pleasers are generally brainless swine
who can go out on a stage & whup their supporters into an orgiastic frenzy—
then go back to the office & sell every one of the poor bastards down the tube for a nickel apiece.”


-HST
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedState For This Useful Post:
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,635
Thanks: 7,384
Thanked 8,232 Times in 5,131 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Yep. And Furthermore both Trump and Conway both lie and say that the intelligence report shows that Russia failed to effect the election. Even though the report specifically does NOT make an attempt to evaluate the effect of the hacks.

And Trump himself mentioned the Wikileaks materials 164 times during the month leading up to Election Day. If they thought it was having no effect why mention something 164 times that did nothing for him?

What a great leader. He uses the best words. 164 times.
Oh you are so right, Trump should have participated in the media blackout to ignore Democrats rigging the primary, corrupting Presidential Debates and coopting the media. After all, our President decreed the subject taboo, at least until a month after Hillary lost.

Speaking of Obama's assessment of the content exposed by Democrat disregard for rudimentary cyber security, he characterized it minor gossip of no consequence. But wait, Trump actually pointed out the content so Trump is evil so too drawing attention to Democrat corruption is evil by extention.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,635
Thanks: 7,384
Thanked 8,232 Times in 5,131 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Don't lie and pretend to speak for your colleagues.
Furthermore, the poll explicitly states Russia's involvement is ASSUMED to be true for the purposes of this poll.
This thread isn't about whether it is proven but rather about whether or not you guys can even admit it would be wrong if proven.

So you guys trying to say *we can't vote for your biased poll but we all agree Russia meddling is wrong* is just downright idiotic.
The whole point of the poll is to demonstrate whether you guys can actually put down the fact that you admit that if assumed true it would be wrong.

The level of cognitive dissonance from the right on this thread is downright amazing.
Actually, it's pathological.



Translation: Another right-wing thread derailment attempt.
You are completely free to start your own thread whining about "delegitimizing the winner".



This is another "ends justify the means" mentality post.

By the same logic, we could say that catching a murderer is not a bad thing.
But it begs the issue of whether torturing somebody to achieve that goal is valid.

"stuffing the ballot box" is not the issue at hand and you are more than welcome to raise a thread on the subject if you like.
Trying to talk about that is simply another diversionary ploy.
Again you engage in your classic underhanded technique of editing my comment then launching a string of insults based on the straw man you create. Someday perhaps you will be able to discuss issues as an adult instead of resorting to your dishonest fantasy.

First you offer blanket condemnation of the "Right" for not responding to your push poll, then you call me a liar for explaining why there was a lack of response from people who understood the true purpose of the poll. A key part of creating your push poll is framing it with a partisan hypothetical. We are asked to assume the very hypothetical of Russian meddling in the election, the very brick at Democrat partisans are slinging. Yet, somehow the poll is supposed to be objective.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
assume, election, involved, our, russia, themselves

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0