Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Polls
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Discuss Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election... at the General Forum; Was Don King Trying to give us a clue? WHY THE RUSSIAN FLAG DON!...

Poll: Assuming Russia hacked our election, what are your feelings on the premise?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Assuming Russia hacked our election, what are your feelings on the premise?

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2016, 06:52 PM
RedState's Avatar
#RESIST
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,615
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,029 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...




Was Don King Trying to give us a clue? WHY THE RUSSIAN FLAG DON!
__________________
“The main problem in any democracy is that crowd-pleasers are generally brainless swine
who can go out on a stage & whup their supporters into an orgiastic frenzy—
then go back to the office & sell every one of the poor bastards down the tube for a nickel apiece.”


-HST
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2016, 07:31 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,678
Thanks: 9,400
Thanked 14,326 Times in 8,649 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert View Post
The poll is very limited in options. Probably why very few have voted on it and those that did are mostly left leaning people here. An option could have been, "Yes I am not happy Russia involved in our elections however they did expose the DNC and I am happy with that". There is others that could have been added.
So explain to me how the following aren't equivalent...
"Russia interfering with our presidential election is wrong." =?= "I am not happy Russia involved in our elections"

I think what is really going on is that some people just don't want to state, plainly and simply, that Russia hacking us was wrong. For some reason, you guys seem incapable of doing that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert View Post
With that Russia is not the only one that has hacked into the systems of the US.
Irrelevant to the question of whether or not it is wrong.
Just because one person is caught speeding and there were ten others doesn't mean it wasn't wrong to speed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert View Post
I guess we also found out how vulnerable Hillary's home made server was.
Funny how you don't mention that they hacked the Repub servers too...

Russia's just not releasing that info to the public.
I would be rather concerned regarding private discussions (extortion anyone?) they would have with Repubs on that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Kind of like we can do it but never do it to us...
Can you give me an example where we did to another country what Russia did to us?
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2016, 09:09 PM
Kert's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,265
Thanks: 748
Thanked 759 Times in 483 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

[quote=foundit66;861383]So explain to me how the following aren't equivalent...
"Russia interfering with our presidential election is wrong." =?= "I am not happy Russia involved in our elections"

I think what is really going on is that some people just don't want to state, plainly and simply, that Russia hacking us was wrong. For some reason, you guys seem incapable of doing that.

Quote:
And that is what you wanted everyone to say,, agree with you but it failed as very few voted on your poll.

Hacking is wrong yes but there was a silver lining in it and that was we found how weak our system is. DNC, RNC, Hillary's Server and who knows what else. It is all water over the dam,, forget the investigation because there isn't jack you can do about it nor did it affect the election. You are just being typical looking for excuses as to why Hillary Lost. Owning a business for the 35 some years I have learned I don't care what went wrong, how are we going to fix it so it don't happen again and that is what the US should do.
Irrelevant to the question of whether or not it is wrong.
Just because one person is caught speeding and there were ten others doesn't mean it wasn't wrong to speed.

Quote:
One should learn before taking the toothpick out of someone's eye they should remove the plank out of their own eye. The ten others that didn't get caught speeding is just watch Russia is going to continue to do if we don't fix out system to stop them. They will continue to be the speeder that doens't get caught.
Funny how you don't mention that they hacked the Repub servers too...


Quote:
As I said, I don't care what they did or who they hacked at this point. You can't change what they did nor can you take back what they stole. And I don't recall you saying anything about the RNC. Again we can't take back what they stole even from the RNC.
Russia's just not releasing that info to the public.
I would be rather concerned regarding private discussions (extortion anyone?) they would have with Repubs on that...

Quote:
Yeah I too but until we fix our system that will continue because there is nothing else you can do to stop them. Sanctions will not stop them in my opinion.
__________________
“I believe that a life lived for music is an existence spent wonderfully, and this is what I’ve dedicated my life to.” Luciano Pavarotti
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2016, 10:17 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,899
Thanks: 17,290
Thanked 9,903 Times in 7,712 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Kind of like we can do it but never do it to us...
Can you give me an example where we did to another country what Russia did to us?

Not really, but we have done to many other countries far worst and you know it. Now I am sure we have hacked a few countries one is Iran..


So from that I took the idea and wrote what I wrote. Sue me...

Yet you did ask the best question you could, so nice going foundit 66!

BTW.. There are eleven votes and all are the same. Ask Kert if he believes they are all Liberal votes...
__________________
“When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
―Thomas Jefferson


Improvise-Adapt-Over Come.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2016, 10:09 AM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Aide
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 295
Thanks: 151
Thanked 333 Times in 178 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

When Rolling Stone is questioning the narrative . . .

Something About This Russia Story Stinks - Rolling Stone
__________________
Allowing an illegal border crosser to stay in the US with amnesty and start the legal immigration process
is like allowing a bank robber to go free and keep the money as long as he fills out a loan application.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,147
Thanks: 6,851
Thanked 7,696 Times in 4,855 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

[quote=Kert;861396]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
So explain to me how the following aren't equivalent...
"Russia interfering with our presidential election is wrong." =?= "I am not happy Russia involved in our elections"

I think what is really going on is that some people just don't want to state, plainly and simply, that Russia hacking us was wrong. For some reason, you guys seem incapable of doing that.



Irrelevant to the question of whether or not it is wrong.
Just because one person is caught speeding and there were ten others doesn't mean it wasn't wrong to speed.



Funny how you don't mention that they hacked the Repub servers too...




Russia's just not releasing that info to the public.
I would be rather concerned regarding private discussions (extortion anyone?) they would have with Repubs on that...
Again, where is the evidence the "Russians" successfully hacked RNC servers? Instead of dark speculation about Republicans being black mailed let's see some evidence.

Obama dispatched a political hit team to meddle with the Israeli elections in the hope of defeating Netanyahu. It is unclear if the information they spread about Obama's target is true unlike the accurate information revealed from the DNC hacks.

What's really going on is Democrats are conducting a disinformation campaign pushing the fake news story the Russians will black mail Republicans.

There is no question we are better off knowing the Democrats corrupted the primary process and colluded with the media to distort the coverage. Democrat negligence is responsible for making this information available, the lapdog media would never have bothered to investigate, naturally Democrats want to distract with the spectre of the boogeyman.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:02 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,678
Thanks: 9,400
Thanked 14,326 Times in 8,649 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert View Post
And that is what you wanted everyone to say,, agree with you but it failed as very few voted on your poll.
LOL. You're trying too hard.
Twelve voted and all in favor of recognizing this is wrong.

What's really going on is simple.
I have heard it many times that some on the right try to paint the left as "Ends Justify the Means".
This topic is a perfect example of how guilty the right is on that issue...

This thread is about the MEANS (method) and how it was wrong.
But you and many others are too fixated on liking the ENDS (end result) to care.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert View Post
Hacking is wrong yes but there was a silver lining in it and that was we found how weak our system is. DNC, RNC, Hillary's Server and who knows what else. It is all water over the dam,, forget the investigation because there isn't jack you can do about it nor did it affect the election. You are just being typical looking for excuses as to why Hillary Lost. Owning a business for the 35 some years I have learned I don't care what went wrong, how are we going to fix it so it don't happen again and that is what the US should do.
This thread is NOT about Hillary losing.
She lost. I'm over it. But you guys keep bringing it up as an attempted derailment on a ridiculous amount of threads.

You guys think the ends justify the means.
Ergo, you refuse to be able to simply say the means were wrong without interjecting excuses.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert View Post
One should learn before taking the toothpick out of someone's eye they should remove the plank out of their own eye. The ten others that didn't get caught speeding is just watch Russia is going to continue to do if we don't fix out system to stop them. They will continue to be the speeder that doens't get caught.
More obfuscation.

Nobody is saying we shouldn't fix the system.
But the first step in fixing the system is acknowledging that something wrong happened.
So why can't right-wingers do that?
Do you really think right-wingers in office are going to give a damn about fixing the system when they benefited from it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kert View Post
As I said, I don't care what they did or who they hacked at this point. You can't change what they did nor can you take back what they stole. And I don't recall you saying anything about the RNC. Again we can't take back what they stole even from the RNC.
Translation: Right-wing think the ends justifies the means.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:43 PM
zoriolus's Avatar
Banjo qd
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,314
Thanks: 2,380
Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,195 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

The "ends" was HRC being nominated. The "means" was the actions of such players as Donna Brazile. That's the ironic nature. The sanctity of the "election process" was soiled by the DNC. For the DNC, the ends justified the means and it didn't work out.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zoriolus For This Useful Post:
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Kert's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,265
Thanks: 748
Thanked 759 Times in 483 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

[quote=foundit66;861917]LOL. You're trying too hard.
Twelve voted and all in favor of recognizing this is wrong.

Quote:
LOL. No you are wrong. Eleven Liberals voted for it. Of all those on the right here none but one voted for it! Did you ever wonder why?? Probably not. You just got all wet because you saw a bunch of people check the box that you wanted.

And it is about Hillary. The DNC was exposed for who they are .
__________________
“I believe that a life lived for music is an existence spent wonderfully, and this is what I’ve dedicated my life to.” Luciano Pavarotti

Last edited by Kert; 01-02-2017 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2017, 07:13 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Thanks: 5,491
Thanked 7,692 Times in 4,532 Posts
Default Re: Assume Russia Involved Themselves in Our Election...

[quote=Kert;861396]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
So explain to me how the following aren't equivalent...
"Russia interfering with our presidential election is wrong." =?= "I am not happy Russia involved in our elections"

I think what is really going on is that some people just don't want to state, plainly and simply, that Russia hacking us was wrong. For some reason, you guys seem incapable of doing that.



Irrelevant to the question of whether or not it is wrong.
Just because one person is caught speeding and there were ten others doesn't mean it wasn't wrong to speed.



Funny how you don't mention that they hacked the Repub servers too...




Russia's just not releasing that info to the public.
I would be rather concerned regarding private discussions (extortion anyone?) they would have with Repubs on that...
Good points but the bottom line of this event is that if true, what the Administration, the DNC and their noles are upset about is that they lost the sure thing election because "somebody" exposed what liars Hillary and her staff had become along with publishing their opinions of the American voters.

As for interfering in the election electronically or by manipulating the vote tabulation, whilst it would be destructive to our political process, there is none of that being exposed.

Much like the Trump sex tapes no one actually has, this is just a "question" presented to undermine the validity of our new President. IE "when did you stop beating your wife?"

If we assume a foreign entity did this one must ask the pertinent question. The exposed events ARE true facts. Undeniably. Why then did not our own press, who have the resources to find an obscure TRUMP quote from 30 years ago and present it in a negative posed as a "question", why did they not find these gems and present them to the American people in the same manner?
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.

PROUDLY DEPLORABLE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
assume, election, involved, our, russia, themselves

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0