Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Polls
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Discuss GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 That's not what was said or happened. At all. The problem is how a MINORITY segment ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,029
Thanks: 10,177
Thanked 10,699 Times in 6,470 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
That's not what was said or happened. At all.
The problem is how a MINORITY segment on the right expects to dictate to the party what constitutes a "Republican". And if their minority segment opinion does not overrule the majority segment opinion, the pretense is made that the party officials are no longer "Republican".

There's no confusion in that.
Once again there are 16 presidential candidates representing a diversity of views, which of these candidate's supporters are the minority dictating what it is to be a Republican? Of course there is no definitive answer you just want to spout partisan invective about Republicans not knowing what the majority of their party thinks.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2015, 05:48 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,593
Thanks: 10,097
Thanked 15,267 Times in 9,256 Posts
Post Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Once again there are 16 presidential candidates representing a diversity of views, which of these candidate's supporters are the minority dictating what it is to be a Republican?

None of them.
I'm not talking about the presidential candidates.
In fact, as I have explained in the past the Republican presidential nomination is an example of what I am talking about. Because the party as a whole gets involved in the nomination process, the Republican presidential candidate that succeeds in the nomination process is typically a better representation of what the party wants.

And then what happens is other people in the party (a minority) start labeling their candidate as a "RINO".



Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Of course there is no definitive answer you just want to spout partisan invective about Republicans not knowing what the majority of their party thinks.
Here's an example.
Guns
CBS News/New York Times Poll. May 31-June 4, 2013. N=1,022 adults nationwide. Margin of error Ī 3
"In April, a bill that would have expanded background checks on gun purchases did not receive enough votes in the U.S. Senate to pass. If it comes up for another vote, do you think Congress should pass a bill that expands background checks for gun purchases, or not?"
Republicans:
  • SHOULD Pass: 58%
  • Should not pass: 40%
  • Unsure / No answer: 2%
And which position did the Republican elected officials follow?
Not the majority of their party...
__________________
ďLabor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.Ē
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2015, 08:31 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,088
Thanks: 55,062
Thanked 26,116 Times in 18,661 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
And when you look at congress as a whole they have a favorability rating of about 16%

And this is an interesting fact about how this survey was conducted.



They asked the youngest people they could find, and the young are notoriously liberal.

Now let's do the same survey with people who are ages 35 to 50 and see what kind of results you get.
more likely because we are at another watershed. Some of our generation will not live to vote in the next election.
__________________
Trump posted the wrong approval numbers and says wind turbines cause cancer. If brains were black powder, the guy couldn't blow his nose.
_ Stephen King
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2015, 08:34 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,088
Thanks: 55,062
Thanked 26,116 Times in 18,661 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
It says that dems are more favorable on Abortion, Climate, and Education. Is that supposed to be good? They help kill babies and sell their body parts, they tell people that higher taxes will give us better weather, and our education system has been failing our children for decades. Great!
Give me some proof Democrats sell body parts.
__________________
Trump posted the wrong approval numbers and says wind turbines cause cancer. If brains were black powder, the guy couldn't blow his nose.
_ Stephen King
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,182
Thanks: 4,410
Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,535 Posts
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Give me some proof Democrats sell body parts.
What could possibly convince you? Tells us a scenario that would make you say, "Hey PP is selling parts of babies for money" Since videos of different directors saying they do it isn't enough, I guess only the word of the almighty will change your mind, huh?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,593
Thanks: 10,097
Thanked 15,267 Times in 9,256 Posts
Post Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn


How the Public Views Planned Parenthood and the NRA - NBC News

So, Planned Parenthood is at 45%
Obama => 44%
Republican Party => 28%.

Guess enough people see through the right's campaign of ever raining b.s.
__________________
ďLabor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.Ē
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:07 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,088
Thanks: 55,062
Thanked 26,116 Times in 18,661 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
What could possibly convince you? Tells us a scenario that would make you say, "Hey PP is selling parts of babies for money" Since videos of different directors saying they do it isn't enough, I guess only the word of the almighty will change your mind, huh?
if its proved in the ongoing investigation.
__________________
Trump posted the wrong approval numbers and says wind turbines cause cancer. If brains were black powder, the guy couldn't blow his nose.
_ Stephen King
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,920 Times in 8,517 Posts
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

How the Public Views Planned Parenthood and the NRA - NBC News

So, Planned Parenthood is at 45%
Obama => 44%
Republican Party => 28%.

Guess enough people see through the right's campaign of ever raining b.s.
Gee you notice both numbers the Democratic Party was rated at? "38"

Just how great is 38 out of 100?

Also I don't believe every Dem is in the party for the same reasons. Sense it has such a wide arena.

Plus the very Rich have their goals while some average Dem person has theirs.

Just another reason this party has so many people in it. No real direction. As with these numbers. Last polls showed Hillary & Sander's were about the same as Sander's number are on the rise.
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mlurp For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2015, 12:26 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,572
Thanks: 10,616
Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,593 Posts
Default Re: GOPís Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn

Conservatives continue to hold an enormous advantage over liberals in this country.

However, this survey reinforces the fact that more and more erstwhile Republicans are now disappointed with their former party, as it has not shown itself to be conservative enough. (Evidence of this is the fact that voters given Republicans the majority in both chambers of Congress; yet very little has changed. In the Senate, a Mitch McConnell-led Senate seems almost indistinguishable from a Harry Reid-led Senate.)

This probably speaks to Donald Trump's broad, anti-establishment appeal...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got itÖ"óGeorge Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
favorability, gopís, negative, rating, takes, turn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0