Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Polls (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/polls/)
-   -   When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books? (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/polls/40759-when-should-administration-insiders-publish-tell-all-books.html)

Mikeyy 10-11-2014 10:07 PM

When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
Not because I have supported Obama but I was thinking that Leon Penetta was being a little disloyal for publishing his book. Same with Robert Gates. What's done is done so I didn't really make a stink about it. Thing is that it has become part of the story line as I watch and listen to the news. Not what was in the book but the priority of publishing while the guy who hired you is still working and dealing with serious issues.

The only reason I bring it up now is that I have heard people on the right say they also thought it was pretty treacherous of Penetta.

Regardless of what POTUS is in office Republican or Democrat should people be required to agree that no inside information can be published until an administration ends?

FrancSevin 10-11-2014 10:40 PM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
When they have something worthwhile to say.

saltwn 10-11-2014 10:57 PM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
They were probably offered a lot of money to publish while the iron is hot.
Etiquette has changed/disappeared. :shrug

cnredd 10-12-2014 01:40 AM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 704219)
Not because I have supported Obama but I was thinking that Leon Penetta was being a little disloyal for publishing his book. Same with Robert Gates. What's done is done so I didn't really make a stink about it. Thing is that it has become part of the story line as I watch and listen to the news. Not what was in the book but the priority of publishing while the guy who hired you is still working and dealing with serious issues.

The only reason I bring it up now is that I have heard people on the right say they also thought it was pretty treacherous of Penetta.

Regardless of what POTUS is in office Republican or Democrat should people be required to agree that no inside information can be published until an administration ends?

:rofl2

:rofl2

:rofl2



When Bush's former Press Secretary Scott McClellan wrote a book (yes, while Bush was still in the White House), Mikeyy was gung-ho for it...:yes

Here...

...and here...

...and here...

...and here...

Not ONCE did the phrase"Hey! ...Maybe he should wait until the administration is over!" ever come up...:no

...which isn't surprising...

When the thread starts with Mikeyy saying "Not because I have supported Obama...", you kinda knew what followed would be a heaping helping of Jersey cow pate...:yes


And as to the question, "Should former members of an administration wait?" it's "f**k no!" for two reasons...

1) Read the Constitution...Start with amendment #1...

2) Instead of waiting two years where Panetta's words would make no difference, talking now can change the stupid ideology of this administration and have them rethink their illogic...It would be downright un-American for someone to say "I think I'll watch the president be a total f**k-up for the next two years and say nothing instead of coercing him into acting like an actual leader."...:yes

Jackass master 10-12-2014 03:42 AM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
With the lack of real investigative reporting by the media these accounts are more important than ever. It is the only way most folks will ever learn the truth about what went on.

Mikeyy 10-12-2014 06:30 AM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
Which makes my point. Had Bush had Scotty sign a non disclosure agreement Scotty would have had to wait wouldn't he?

AZRWinger 10-12-2014 07:11 AM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 704234)
Which makes my point. Had Bush had Scotty sign a non disclosure agreement Scotty would have had to wait wouldn't he?

So your point is Administration's should cover their tracks with nondisclosure agreements. That is lunacy. Loyalty to President Obama is more important than the truth.;)

Mikeyy 10-12-2014 07:27 AM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
Many businesses require you agree to nondisclosure when signing on. It's nothing new. I have had to sign them a few times.


Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 704237)
So your point is Administration's should cover their tracks with nondisclosure agreements. That is lunacy. Loyalty to President Obama is more important than the truth.;)


zoriolus 10-12-2014 07:49 AM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
David Gergen adds his perspective. "White House blames Panetta, not its own faults".


Leon Panetta isn't at fault, it's the White House - CNN.com

'And that leads to the larger argument: whether Panetta, Bob Gates et. al. should have published these books may be controversial, but it is a sideshow compared to what's really important -- and that's what they have to say about the making and execution of American foreign policy these days".

----------

MrLiberty 10-12-2014 08:16 AM

Re: When Should Administration Insiders Publish Tell All Books?
 
Everyone with half a brain knows obama is a **** up so a tell all book stating the obvious is not going to change obama one bit. However, had Panetta, and Gates said while holding positions of authority that obama is a **** up it would have carried much more weight.

As a side note there is no Boston Legal in the poll. :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0