Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Polls (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/polls/)
-   -   Do You Believe In Evolution? (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/polls/29414-do-you-believe-evolution.html)

Comet 10-08-2012 09:45 PM

Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Do you believe in evolution?

off the porch 10-08-2012 09:57 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Of course!

rivrrat 10-08-2012 10:17 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Considering we have observed evolution in action, it's pretty damn hard not to believe in it. Unless you just want to deny reality.

cnredd 10-08-2012 10:22 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 484932)
Considering we have observed evolution in action, it's pretty damn hard not to believe in it. Unless you just want to deny reality.

So you're saying evolution is NOT a theory anymore?...:confused

rivrrat 10-08-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 484935)
So you're saying evolution is NOT a theory anymore?...:confused

We observe gravity and yet it's still a theory. So no, what I said was, we have observed evolution in action. So how can one NOT "believe in it"? It's like asking if one believes in gravity.

Comet 10-08-2012 10:29 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 484937)
We observe gravity and yet it's still a theory.

Gravity IS NOT a theory.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Are there no science books in your town?

rivrrat 10-08-2012 10:46 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comet (Post 484942)
Gravity IS NOT a theory.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Are there no science books in your town?

Yeah, in them we studied Newton's Theory of Gravitation and then general relativity (which is a theory of gravitation ... shocker). We also learned about ****tards and asswipes. Go figure!

Comet 10-08-2012 11:01 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivrrat (Post 484953)
Yeah, in them we studied Newton's Theory of Gravitation and then general relativity (which is a theory of gravitation ... shocker). We also learned about ****tards and asswipes. Go figure!

When you get some time off from your thousands of jobs as a famous Indian dance instructor, legendary zip line instructor, astronaut, record-breaking marathon runner, movie consultant, famous dive master, and whatever imaginary professions you have claimed on this site to have had, perhaps you can ask someone where a library is and tell the person behind the counter you are ignorant, live your entire life as an imaginary persona you created online and desperately need to be directed to the science section so you do not come off as a dribbling, brain-dead moron who does not even know gravity is a law and not a theory.

While you are there, perhaps you can ask the librarian to help you out with financial advice because you are apparently bad at it seeing you have all these high-profile and well-paying jobs, yet have to borrow money from your family and cannot pay your credit card bills and have to ask anonymous people online what to do when you come across a minuscule amount of money, yet somehow allegedly live in a half million dollar home.

Are you that starved for attention that you feel the need to lie about every aspect of your life? Be happy with who you are and knock off the obvious lies.

Seriously, do not argue science with me again. You are five gallons of stupid in a three gallon bucket. Why don't you leave the science to me and you instead worry about the next lie in your online persona and a new imaginary job you have had.

rivrrat 10-08-2012 11:11 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comet (Post 484957)
When you get some time off from your thousands of jobs as a famous Indian dance instructor, legendary zip line instructor, astronaut, record-breaking marathon runner, movie consultant, famous dive master, and whatever imaginary professions you have claimed on this site to have had, perhaps you can ask someone where a library is and tell the person behind the counter you are ignorant, live your entire life as an imaginary persona you created online and desperately need to be directed to the science section so you do not come off as a dribbling, brain-dead moron who does not even know gravity is a law and not a theory.

While you are there, perhaps you can ask the librarian to help you out with financial advice because you are apparently bad at it seeing you have all these high-profile and well-paying jobs, yet have to borrow money from your family and cannot pay your credit card bills and have to ask anonymous people online what to do when you come across a minuscule amount of money.

Seriously, do not argue science with me again. You are five gallons of stupid in a three gallon bucket. Why don't you leave the science to me and you instead worry about the next lie in your online persona and a new imaginary job you have had.

I wasn't arguing science with you, you nitwit. General relativity is a ****ing theory. It's not the LAW of general relativity, it's the THEORY of general relativity and it's a gravitational THEORY. Does it include newton's law? Yes. I'm aware that it does. But I was speaking to the THEORY of relativity that is a gravitational theory. And this petty bull**** isn't relevant to anything I was saying anyway.

I don't claim to know everything, never have. If you had said, Hey riv, that's actually not entirely correct, this is actually more correct, I would have said "okay". I'm all for learning.

But instead, you PRETEND I was even ****ing addressing you (which I wasn't) and further that I was "arguing science with you", which I wasn't. And then you decide to jump back into your obsession with my life because apparently you don't have one and make some pathetic attempt to berate me and then even go on again about my being a liar. (oh noes! Some anonymous twat on the internets thinks I'm a liar! :rolls)

If and when you want to get your head out of your ****ing ass and get a clue and get a life that doesn't include obsessing about me and mine, let me know.

foundit66 10-08-2012 11:15 PM

Re: Do You Believe In Evolution?
 
Quote:

A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment."[1][2] Scientists create scientific theories from hypotheses that have been corroborated through the scientific method, then gather evidence to test their accuracy. As with all forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and do not make apodictic propositions; instead, they aim for predictive and explanatory force.[3][4]

The strength of a scientific theory is related to the diversity of phenomena it can explain, which is measured by its ability to make falsifiable predictions with respect to those phenomena. Theories are improved as more evidence is gathered, so that accuracy in prediction improves over time. Scientists use theories as a foundation to gain further scientific knowledge, as well as to accomplish goals such as inventing technology or curing disease.

Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.[3] This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unproven or speculative.[5]
Scientific theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0