Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone at the General Forum; The best way to stop the illegals from coming to this country is to deny them any kind of benefit. ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,170
Thanks: 21,153
Thanked 18,302 Times in 11,755 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

The best way to stop the illegals from coming to this country is to deny them any kind of benefit. You're sick, tough go home and get cured. Schooling, nope your country provides that for you. You're pregnant, go home and have your kid, if it should happen in this country then you owe us. This touchy feely crap of saying we can't do that has to stop.

THEY'RE FRIGGIN ILLEGALS, WE OWE THEM NOTHING!
__________________
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ~ William F Buckley, Jr.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:10 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,730
Thanks: 17,224
Thanked 9,815 Times in 7,640 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
The best way to stop the illegals from coming to this country is to deny them any kind of benefit. You're sick, tough go home and get cured. Schooling, nope your country provides that for you. You're pregnant, go home and have your kid, if it should happen in this country then you owe us. This touchy feely crap of saying we can't do that has to stop.

THEY'RE FRIGGIN ILLEGALS, WE OWE THEM NOTHING!
Yes it has to end somewhere...........Sometime, and now is as good as anytime.........
__________________
“Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”
―Ronald Reagan


Improvise-Adapt-Over Come.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
dga's Avatar
dga dga is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,622
Thanks: 825
Thanked 705 Times in 494 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
The best way to stop the illegals from coming to this country is to deny them any kind of benefit. You're sick, tough go home and get cured. Schooling, nope your country provides that for you. You're pregnant, go home and have your kid, if it should happen in this country then you owe us. This touchy feely crap of saying we can't do that has to stop.

THEY'RE FRIGGIN ILLEGALS, WE OWE THEM NOTHING!
Okay, so you're illegal, you're sick, you're not leaving. What you are doing is NOT going to the doctor and infecting everyone else with whatever it is you have. Your kid can't get shots? No problem, he can start the next bubonic plague. These statements are idiotic. It is not a matter of being 'touchy, feely'.

My town is probably 30% Hispanic. I would venture that at least 15% of those are part of the 12M+ illegals in this country - some of those also Europeans that are here illegally (they do exist, they just blend in better). That's about 1,400 people in a group of 38,000. Tell me, how are you going to get them without infringing on MY constitutional rights? Once again, if you have a way please state it.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,730
Thanks: 17,224
Thanked 9,815 Times in 7,640 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dga View Post
Okay, so you're illegal, you're sick, you're not leaving. What you are doing is NOT going to the doctor and infecting everyone else with whatever it is you have. Your kid can't get shots? No problem, he can start the next bubonic plague. These statements are idiotic. It is not a matter of being 'touchy, feely'.

My town is probably 30% Hispanic. I would venture that at least 15% of those are part of the 12M+ illegals in this country - some of those also Europeans that are here illegally (they do exist, they just blend in better). That's about 1,400 people in a group of 38,000. Tell me, how are you going to get them without infringing on MY constitutional rights? Once again, if you have a way please state it.
dga you see one town. Now multiply that by all the towns across America with illegal populations... That is what Mr.Lib and I are speaking about. We can't just continue to give free schooling, higher education at the same price as citzens of any state, medical, Govt. service and all that goes with having a child in our country which by the way is the only country that allows that issue to happen. Then they can bring over momma and daddy and they get S/S etc... What about your children when they are older and want S/sS and the pot is empty?

As for how to fix it change the birth law like every othr nation. Then let the federal govt. do its job, which so many departments are paid to do this kind of work. And build the damn fence already passed in a billl earlier. And keep it secured, as well as all border crossing points. And while at it secure our water ports of entery and shorelines.
__________________
“Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”
―Ronald Reagan


Improvise-Adapt-Over Come.

Last edited by mlurp; 06-29-2009 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 PM
dga's Avatar
dga dga is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,622
Thanks: 825
Thanked 705 Times in 494 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
dga you see one town. Now multiply that by all the towns across America with illegal populations... That is what Mr.Lib and I are speaking about. We can't just continue to give free schooling, higher education at the same price as citzens of any state, medical, Govt. service and all that goes with having a child in our country which by the way is the only wester country that allows that issue to happen. Then they can bring over momma and daddy and they get S/S etc... What about your children when they are older and want S/sS and the pot is empty?

A fo rhow to fix it change the birth law like every othr nation. Then let the federal govt. do its job, which so many departments are paid to do this kind of work. And build the damn fence already passed in a billl earlier. And keep it secured, as well as all border crossing points.
Okay, and I can grant you that; even though we have a welfare system that supports many people who have never worked a day in their lives, and feeds as many children as they put out. I take much more exception to welfare than I do to any expense on the part of illegals which they make up for with their contributions in terms of taxes, spending, etc. BUT, okay, let's say they are a bunch of freeloaders in the sense the welfare recipients are. You want to get rid of them, check. I'll go right there with you. HOW? Through persecution? How will you identify them? How do you prevent a backlash to the Hispanic population? These are my concerns, and I would like them addressed if you please.

The law is what it is, I don't hold the children accountable for that. You hold the parents accountable for breaking the law, and yet you resent the children from benefitting from it. It was made that way because this is a country of imigrants. I guess they never envisioned when imigrants would be persona non-grata, .
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,730
Thanks: 17,224
Thanked 9,815 Times in 7,640 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dga View Post
Okay, and I can grant you that; even though we have a welfare system that supports many people who have never worked a day in their lives, and feeds as many children as they put out. I take much more exception to welfare than I do to any expense on the part of illegals which they make up for with their contributions in terms of taxes, spending, etc. BUT, okay, let's say they are a bunch of freeloaders in the sense the welfare recipients are. You want to get rid of them, check. I'll go right there with you. HOW? Through persecution? How will you identify them? How do you prevent a backlash to the Hispanic population? These are my concerns, and I would like them addressed if you please.

The law is what it is, I don't hold the children accountable for that. You hold the parents accountable for breaking the law, and yet you resent the children from benefitting from it. It was made that way because this is a country of imigrants. I guess they never envisioned when imigrants would be persona non-grata, .
Once again you put words in my meaning that are untrue. And I don't like that or being labled. I don't do it to you, do I?

I also believe the walfare system needs to be held accountable. Didn't you great wise leader Obama do a line item look at the Federal Budgets yet he cut the military, not any welfare over expense. A true liberal. But to sugest two wrongs make a right is below you! And I have never given any reason to blieve I resent children. In fact I mentioned yours and their future. All I have said about children is we need to be as every other country in this area starting today! Those that have children here can stay and become citizens..

Now if your going to continue with BS about me I will just ignore you. Stick to the facts as presented. please.
__________________
“Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”
―Ronald Reagan


Improvise-Adapt-Over Come.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 02:14 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,170
Thanks: 21,153
Thanked 18,302 Times in 11,755 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

It's not hard to identify the illegals. When I open a bank account or go to a new doctor I must provide information about where I live, SS#, and crap like that. Adding another question about residency will not infringe on anyone's rights. When it is established that they are illegal go pick them up.

The lefties in this country want to complicate everything so as to slow down the necessary changes we need. This isn't rocket science it's just common sense.

If we would just round up 100K a year and deport them and seriously secure our borders the illegals would see no advantage to stay here and would leave and that CAN be done!
__________________
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ~ William F Buckley, Jr.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 PM
dga's Avatar
dga dga is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,622
Thanks: 825
Thanked 705 Times in 494 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
It's not hard to identify the illegals. When I open a bank account or go to a new doctor I must provide information about where I live, SS#, and crap like that. Adding another question about residency will not infringe on anyone's rights. When it is established that they are illegal go pick them up.

The lefties in this country want to complicate everything so as to slow down the necessary changes we need. This isn't rocket science it's just common sense.

If we would just round up 100K a year and deport them and seriously secure our borders the illegals would see no advantage to stay here and would leave and that CAN be done!
Sounds simple enough, write to you Congressman, .
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,730
Thanks: 17,224
Thanked 9,815 Times in 7,640 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Once again you put words in my meaning that are untrue. And I don't like that or being labled. I don't do it to you, do I?

I also believe the walfare system needs to be held accountable. Didn't you great wise leader Obama do a line item look at the Federal Budgets yet he cut the military, not any welfare over expense. A true liberal. But to sugest two wrongs make a right is below you! And I have never given any reason to blieve I resent children. In fact I mentioned yours and their future. All I have said about children is we need to be as every other country in this area starting today! Those that have children here can stay and become citizens..

Now if your going to continue with BS about me I will just ignore you. Stick to the facts as presented. please.
What no answer to my post??????????????????????????
__________________
“Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”
―Ronald Reagan


Improvise-Adapt-Over Come.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
dga's Avatar
dga dga is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,622
Thanks: 825
Thanked 705 Times in 494 Posts
Default Re: Immigration agency says backlog virtually gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Once again you put words in my meaning that are untrue. And I don't like that or being labled. I don't do it to you, do I?

I also believe the walfare system needs to be held accountable. Didn't you great wise leader Obama do a line item look at the Federal Budgets yet he cut the military, not any welfare over expense. A true liberal. But to sugest two wrongs make a right is below you! And I have never given any reason to blieve I resent children. In fact I mentioned yours and their future. All I have said about children is we need to be as every other country in this area starting today! Those that have children here can stay and become citizens..

Now if your going to continue with BS about me I will just ignore you. Stick to the facts as presented. please.
Most countries actually do not recognize the children of illegal immigrants as nationals. You should try to be a little clearer in expressing your points of view if you don't want me to get confused. Many years ago it was so, people who had children here would get their green card, that is where the term 'anchor babies' came from and it is sadly still used to this day, even though there is no such thing since thd mid-70's. I would certainly not advocate a law that would lead to mass breeding for a green card.

This is a debate, we can't always agree. If you wish to ignore me for respectfully expressing my views, that is your decision not mine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
agency, backlog, gone, immigration, says, virtually

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0