Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy at the General Forum; According to Donald tRUmp and his supporters, if you're a foreign country who spends years planning an immense conspiracy to ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:42 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,156 Posts
Default Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

According to Donald tRUmp and his supporters, if you're a foreign country who spends years planning an immense conspiracy to interfere in America's democratic election processes and influence American citizens while breaking dozens of US federal laws, then that's totally cool! No issues at all, and there's no reason to even impose sanctions! Just call it a hoax and fake news for a year, then when you're embarrassingly proven wrong, just laugh it off as if it's not a big deal and blame Hillary Clinton and Obama for something. Why isn't Hillary locked up yet? She's the real criminal!

They call themselves patriotic? I don't understand how one can be patriotic while also not caring that a foreign country spent years planning a conspiracy to interfere with America's democratic and electoral processes. They're hypocrites who put political party over country.

-
Here is a great editorial by Evan McMullin.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-cl...ter&via=mobile

Quote:
For at least two years, Americans have tried to make sense of Donald Trumpís affinity for Vladimir Putin and refusal to fully acknowledge and counter Moscowís ongoing attacks on our democracy. Weíve heard the excuse that Trump simply views the Kremlin interference story as a partisan effort to delegitimize his election.

But Fridayís indictments from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and the presidentís response to them, point to a more troubling and increasingly likely motivation: President Trump does not want to stop Kremlin interference intended to sway our elections in his favor. Rather, he welcomes it.

The Special Counselís revelations provided a detailed description of part of the modern information warfare Russia has waged against our country since at least 2014. It was a highly-coordinated assault, employing foreign agents on U.S. soil as well as Moscow-based internet operatives.

And yet, in response to this news, the president still couldnít muster a forceful rebuke of Putinís regime. Nor would he vow to hold it accountable and deter future attacks. On the contrary, he tried to spin the entire ordeal as an exoneration.

This is either willful ignorance or, more likely, disloyal opportunism. Thatís because, whether he admits it or not, the president must know that the story he publicly calls a ďhoaxĒ is real. We have detailed evidence of Moscowís subversion of our democracy. But it seems unlikely that the president will change his tune and take action to counter it.

---

A president who embraces foreign influence is new to the U.S. But it is not new to countries around the world that have for years watched their political classes fall in line behind Putinís money, power, and influence. It isnít just Eastern European countries like Ukraine, Serbia, Bulgaria, Moldova, and Czechia. Politicians in Germany, France, Italy, and other Western European leaders have welcomed or actively sought Kremlin support in various forms. Everywhere Putinís corruption permeates, there are politicians willing to accept this devilís bargain for their own personal gain. Our president is one of them.

Iíve hoped that the traditional pressures of American politics would force Trump to at least allow Congress and Executive Branch agencies to deter and counter Moscowís meddling on their own. But even that has been a stretch. Trump still promotes divisive anti-American propaganda messaging from the Kremlin, and continues to cover for Putin by misleading Americans about Russian interference.

He has also worked to undermine new sanctions on Putin and his co-conspirators, months after begrudgingly signing them into law.

If the past two years have taught us anything about Trump, itís that the conventions of our Republic are of little value to him and quickly discarded when they impede his pursuit of power and wealth. Regardless, they remain critical to our freedom and we must be united in defending them.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 72.
Among these contacts were 22 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedState For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2018, 02:14 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,919
Thanks: 2,039
Thanked 32,603 Times in 18,998 Posts
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
According to Donald tRUmp and his supporters, if you're a foreign country who spends years planning an immense conspiracy to interfere in America's democratic election processes and influence American citizens while breaking dozens of US federal laws, then that's totally cool!
As Trump's Assistant DoJ announces 13 indictments...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2018, 03:10 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,156 Posts
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
As Trump's Assistant DoJ announces 13 indictments...
Those indictments came from the Special Counsel. The same one that tRUmp and Republicans have been attacking and slandering and obstructing.

'Oddly', the only thing tRUmp hasn't attacked is Putin or Russia.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 72.
Among these contacts were 22 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedState For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2018, 05:00 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,768
Thanks: 53,836
Thanked 25,633 Times in 18,241 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Those indictments came from the Special Counsel. The same one that tRUmp and Republicans have been attacking and slandering and obstructing.

'Oddly', the only thing tRUmp hasn't attacked is Putin or Russia.
And trump hasn't said a gd disparaging word about pooty. Nor has he gone on tv to tell us what they are doing to protect the next election.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
__________________

Water Gate II
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2018, 07:43 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,824
Thanks: 8,713
Thanked 9,405 Times in 5,754 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
And trump hasn't said a gd disparaging word about pooty. Nor has he gone on tv to tell us what they are doing to protect the next election.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Not true, the Trump administration has characterized Russia as an adversary and threat in the national security strategy, plans to double the funding for the European defense initiative, publicly criticised deadbeat NATO nation's, pressured and attacked the Russian client state of Syria, and broken the crippling defense spending sequestration. All of these are tangible actions that run counter to Russian interests.

Somehow it is supposed to make sense to poison our relationship with Russia over $48,000 of pre election advertisements. The campaign was so amateurish they wasted money on Democrat strongholds like DC where Hillary got 80% of the vote.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2018, 08:29 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,768
Thanks: 53,836
Thanked 25,633 Times in 18,241 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Not true, the Trump administration has characterized Russia as an adversary and threat in the national security strategy, plans to double the funding for the European defense initiative, publicly criticised deadbeat NATO nation's, pressured and attacked the Russian client state of Syria, and broken the crippling defense spending sequestration. All of these are tangible actions that run counter to Russian interests.

Somehow it is supposed to make sense to poison our relationship with Russia over $48,000 of pre election advertisements. The campaign was so amateurish they wasted money on Democrat strongholds like DC where Hillary got 80% of the vote.
Critizing NATO is playing right from Putin's play book of things he wanted to accomplish.
No, Az, the American people need to hear from trump on this matter in clear certain language in prime f ing time! He's a coward and a traitor though so not happening anytime soon.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
__________________

Water Gate II
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,442
Thanks: 1,807
Thanked 11,168 Times in 6,959 Posts
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2018, 07:30 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,322
Thanks: 9,383
Thanked 5,633 Times in 3,796 Posts
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

uhh... RedState,
Over in another thread you were oddly wondering if I was some kind of a Russian agent.
But i have to say, after looking at your many ANTI Russia post, i'm beginning to wonder if you're some kind of Neo-Con troll. for quite some time now you've been basically instigating fear of Russia with the implied notion that we should basically go to war with them... in every venue available.

it's just makes no realistic sense.
Not the push for war or the overblown and vaporous wild concerns about Russia's actions.

So what's up? I mean is it that you're a war mongering Neo-Con, or do you have family in the Ukraine or other Baltic states? Or what?
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2018, 01:14 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,156 Posts
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
uhh... RedState,
Over in another thread you were oddly wondering if I was some kind of a Russian agent.
But i have to say, after looking at your many ANTI Russia post, i'm beginning to wonder if you're some kind of Neo-Con troll. for quite some time now you've been basically instigating fear of Russia with the implied notion that we should basically go to war with them... in every venue available.

it's just makes no realistic sense.
Not the push for war or the overblown and vaporous wild concerns about Russia's actions.

So what's up? I mean is it that you're a war mongering Neo-Con, or do you have family in the Ukraine or other Baltic states? Or what?

Mr. Wonder, it's true that I was insinuating that you were a Russian. It was mostly meant as a joke, as I stated in that post. However, you certainly do repeat Russian propoganda quite often, though I beileve unwittingly. This doesn't mean you are a Russian or that you are purposely anti American. I appreciate your opinions, I think you are being genuine and honest in your responses, even when we disagree.

I would like to clarify my opinions on Russia, I am a huge fan of the Russian people. I love them. I think Americans have much in common with them. However currently they are being abused by a mafia type dictator that is doing everything he can to undermine western democratic ideals , the entire world over.

If you do not see the danger that Putins regime represents and the damage that he has already caused not only in our country. But in Europe by funding and supporting extremists and fascists so as to sow discord and divide people and make Democratic ideals weaker, then I can only think that you are being extremely naive, or that you have a vested interest in seeing Democratic nations fall to extremist under the thumb of Putin.

You can criticize America, we've made a lot of mistakes, but you can't possibly think the world would be better off with Putins Russia having more influence and the USA having less.

You need to choose a side, neutrality is for cowards.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 72.
Among these contacts were 22 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2018, 07:45 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,322
Thanks: 9,383
Thanked 5,633 Times in 3,796 Posts
Default Re: Itís Clear: Donald tRUmp Welcomes Russia's Subversion of Our Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Mr. Wonder, it's true that I was insinuating that you were a Russian. It was mostly meant as a joke, as I stated in that post. However, you certainly do repeat Russian propoganda quite often, though I beileve unwittingly. This doesn't mean you are a Russian or that you are purposely anti American. I appreciate your opinions, I think you are being genuine and honest in your responses, even when we disagree.

I would like to clarify my opinions on Russia, I am a huge fan of the Russian people. I love them. I think Americans have much in common with them. However currently they are being abused by a mafia type dictator that is doing everything he can to undermine western democratic ideals , the entire world over.

If you do not see the danger that Putins regime represents and the damage that he has already caused not only in our country. But in Europe by funding and supporting extremists and fascists so as to sow discord and divide people and make Democratic ideals weaker, then I can only think that you are being extremely naive, or that you have a vested interest in seeing Democratic nations fall to extremist under the thumb of Putin.

You can criticize America, we've made a lot of mistakes, but you can't possibly think the world would be better off with Putins Russia having more influence and the USA having less.

You need to choose a side, neutrality is for cowards.
so here's a simply question.
Do you think we should go to war with Russia?
please don't say "we're already at war"
I mean, sending troops into Russia, and bombing Russia, to kill the Russians the that youre a fan of. To Stop Putin from gaining more of this horrible anti -democratic "influence" over the world.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clear, democracy, donald, itís, our, russia, subversion, trump, welcomes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0