Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss Sexual Taunting at the General Forum; My wife coined that phrase this morning when we were discussing Hollywood sex abuse. We found it very hypocritical that ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 10:52 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,350
Thanks: 2,833
Thanked 3,932 Times in 2,784 Posts
Default Sexual Taunting

My wife coined that phrase this morning when we were discussing Hollywood sex abuse.

We found it very hypocritical that actresses that are speaking out against the way men treat them, are dressing and acting like super sluts.

It seems to us that many women in Hollywood and elsewhere, work very hard to be seductive sex symbols, and then get upset when they are TREATED like sex symbols.

We believe that men need to start fighting back and go after women for "Sexual Taunting"

The fact is, women know what men think and say around female sex symbols, and they have used it to their advantage for eons.

Here is our conclusion. If you want to look and act like a SEX SYMBOL, than get used to being treated like a sex symbol. If you want to be respected, than look and act as if you respect yourself.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 11:08 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,216
Thanks: 9,965
Thanked 15,064 Times in 9,133 Posts
Post Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
My wife coined that phrase this morning when we were discussing Hollywood sex abuse.
We found it very hypocritical that actresses that are speaking out against the way men treat them, are dressing and acting like super sluts.
It seems to us that many women in Hollywood and elsewhere, work very hard to be seductive sex symbols, and then get upset when they are TREATED like sex symbols.
We believe that men need to start fighting back and go after women for "Sexual Taunting"
The fact is, women know what men think and say around female sex symbols, and they have used it to their advantage for eons.
Here is our conclusion. If you want to look and act like a SEX SYMBOL, than get used to being treated like a sex symbol. If you want to be respected, than look and act as if you respect yourself.
This sort of crap has already been tried and used to be more prevalent in our society.
It was infamous in rape cases to attack the way a victim was dressing in order to try to justify "she was asking for it".


Just because a person dresses a certain way does not give consent.
Re-read the above sentence until it sinks in.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,350
Thanks: 2,833
Thanked 3,932 Times in 2,784 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
This sort of crap has already been tried and used to be more prevalent in our society.
It was infamous in rape cases to attack the way a victim was dressing in order to try to justify "she was asking for it".


Just because a person dresses a certain way does not give consent.
Re-read the above sentence until it sinks in.


I'm not talking about RAPE!!! Goofball. I'm talking about the stuff men have been getting hammered for lately. You know, being "Inappropriate" ......

So you think that a woman that becomes a sex symbol, and makes her fame and fortune by being a sex symbol, should NOT be treated as a sex symbol?

That's a far fetched fantasy, don't ya think?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 12:43 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,156 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
My wife coined that phrase this morning when we were discussing Hollywood sex abuse.

We found it very hypocritical that actresses that are speaking out against the way men treat them, are dressing and acting like super sluts.

It seems to us that many women in Hollywood and elsewhere, work very hard to be seductive sex symbols, and then get upset when they are TREATED like sex symbols.

We believe that men need to start fighting back and go after women for "Sexual Taunting"

The fact is, women know what men think and say around female sex symbols, and they have used it to their advantage for eons.

Here is our conclusion. If you want to look and act like a SEX SYMBOL, than get used to being treated like a sex symbol. If you want to be respected, than look and act as if you respect yourself.


You do realize that these are actors right? Should we treat Al PAcino like a mafia godfather because he played one in a movie? You know, they act a certain way because that is their profession. Even at awards shows they are still entertainers, the entire point of it being televised is because it entertains people.

To try and minimize "Hollywood sex abuse" by blaming it on how a woman dresses or acts is just disgusting and ignorant.

Do you think strippers or Vegas Sex Workers should be the victims of sex abuse simply because of what they do at their chosen profession?

Have I made a dent at least?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:34 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,288
Thanks: 9,083
Thanked 7,328 Times in 4,719 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
My wife coined that phrase this morning when we were discussing Hollywood sex abuse.

We found it very hypocritical that actresses that are speaking out against the way men treat them, are dressing and acting like super sluts.

It seems to us that many women in Hollywood and elsewhere, work very hard to be seductive sex symbols, and then get upset when they are TREATED like sex symbols.

We believe that men need to start fighting back and go after women for "Sexual Taunting"

The fact is, women know what men think and say around female sex symbols, and they have used it to their advantage for eons.

Here is our conclusion. If you want to look and act like a SEX SYMBOL, than get used to being treated like a sex symbol. If you want to be respected, than look and act as if you respect yourself.
I think I understand what you were trying to say, but it certainly came out badly.

It doesn't matter what a woman/man wears, or acts, really. No one deserves to be treated like a piece of meat.

I do agree that one should dress to reflect what they want the world to see - excessive cleavage is best left for clubbing, and tight leather pants on men really leave nothing to the imagination. But regardless, it still behooves others to keep their thoughts to themselves, and treat all people with a modicum of respect.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well get embalmed
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:24 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,350
Thanks: 2,833
Thanked 3,932 Times in 2,784 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
I think I understand what you were trying to say, but it certainly came out badly.

It doesn't matter what a woman/man wears, or acts, really. No one deserves to be treated like a piece of meat.

I do agree that one should dress to reflect what they want the world to see - excessive cleavage is best left for clubbing, and tight leather pants on men really leave nothing to the imagination. But regardless, it still behooves others to keep their thoughts to themselves, and treat all people with a modicum of respect.
What I am talking about is what has been going on lately, not rape or actual sexual abuse, of course that isn't ok. But the stupid inane stuff like what Franken did. Also the stories about how a man made a woman uncomfortable because he was ogling her because of the way she was dressed (or undressed), or he asked her to come up to his room. Or God forbid, some women are complaining that someone they despised asked them on a date.

This is all part of what is going on, actual sexual abuse has been watered down to include a man making a woman feel uncomfortable.

So now ALL men have to change, but women on the other hand can be more audacious, more daring, hell in some places they walk around completely naked but with body paint on. What would you say to your daughter if she was leaving the house to go to a party wearing only body paint?

Are we to the point where EVERYTHING is ok, except for making people feel uncomfortable?

How about people that are uncomfortable seeing women half dressed on the street or in a store with their kids? It probably doesn't matter that THEY feel uncomfortable, correct? Why is it as a society we always protect the purveyor from criticism and uncomfortable feelings. But when a religious or Modest person is made uncomfortable by something, the left attacks them as religious nuts ( well Christians anyway ) and goodie two shoes and tells them to "Get over it" keep your clean moral desires to yourself.

PS GG I'm not directing all this at you, this is kind of general reply.

So I guess that's it, men need to be taken down by any means. It kind of reminds me of what the left is doing to Trump.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:52 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,216
Thanks: 9,965
Thanked 15,064 Times in 9,133 Posts
Post Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I'm not talking about RAPE!!! Goofball. I'm talking about the stuff men have been getting hammered for lately. You know, being "Inappropriate" ......
So you think that a woman that becomes a sex symbol, and makes her fame and fortune by being a sex symbol, should NOT be treated as a sex symbol?
That's a far fetched fantasy, don't ya think?
Without more details, it's hard to understand what exactly you're driving at...
When I think of the type of stuff that has been discussed, it's revolved around stuff like Weinstein and Kevin Spacey.

I gave "rape" as the classic example. It easily extends to sexual harassment, etc.
I don't care if a woman goes out in fishnet stockings and low-cut top. If a woman doesn't consent to be touched, then touching her can equate to assault.

Regarding what you said...
You talk about being treated like a "sex symbol".
For me, if a woman goes out in fishnet stockings and low-cut top and complains guys look at her, then she's not being realistic.
But if "treated as a sex symbol" somehow means she loses the right to her own body or to be free of work-place harassment, then that's not realistic.

Part of the problem is that the MeToo movement has had so many people try to throw in their own perspectives and some of them vary definitively away from rape or sexual assault.
Aziz Ansari had one of his sexual partners come forward with a complaint.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/o...arassment.html
IMO, reading the story it has absolutely nothing real to do with the MeToo movement. She had "bad sex" but she never told him to stop and had it ignored. She complains about how her "non-verbal cues" were ignored, but it's clear that when she did give verbal cues, he backed off...

My point being that there are so many different attempts to incorporate into the MeToo movement, it's not well understood what somebody is referencing when they talk about such things.
If you're talking about somebody dressing up like a crack whore and then being offended because somebody asks "How much?", then we're actually in agreement.
Anything that extends into legal situations like sexual harassment / sexual assault / etc? I don't see a justification based on clothing...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man
This is all part of what is going on, actual sexual abuse has been watered down to include a man making a woman feel uncomfortable.
....
Are we to the point where EVERYTHING is ok, except for making people feel uncomfortable?
I disagree with this approach profoundly. "feeling uncomfortable" is not illegal.
There are established legal definitions of sexual assault, harassment, etc.
Those have not changed and I don't see any good argument for making them change.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:53 PM
Counselor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 696
Thanks: 44
Thanked 500 Times in 293 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

No excuse for rape, sexual assault, or treating someone inappropriately.

But, there are plenty of women that will complain when a man does nothing more than compliment them on how they look if that man is not someone they deem worthy.

I went and looked and was able to find an anecdote from reddit immediately. It would be funny if wasn't so common.

Quote:
I was in NYC with two of my friends over the weekend, we were walking to a comedy show when along the way this old, greasy looking guy crosses the street towards us and starts asking if we were charlie's angels or some crap like that.

We had just been catcalled in the subway not even 10 minutes before and I was just so angry with how uncomfortable it made us all and suddenly I hear myself say "**** off" loud and clear. He just said ok and backed off and we didn't look back but I was just so surprised at myself!

I'm usually pretty quiet and can get pretty socially anxious but I'm also very protective over my friends and being able to fend for them and myself made me feel a little proud and confident for the rest of the night.
What was so horrible about what this guy did? He was OLD and GREASY looking. ewwww why is he talking to me.

Now I don't know how they were dressed in this instant. But from what she described the guy didn't say anything really offensive. Just basically said they were attractive. But HE CROSSED A LINE because he is OLD and GREASY.

Wonder if she would have responded the same way if it had been Leonardo Decaprio.

All men are not the enemy.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zenock For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 04:39 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,992
Thanks: 7,092
Thanked 9,880 Times in 5,624 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
My wife coined that phrase this morning when we were discussing Hollywood sex abuse.

We found it very hypocritical that actresses that are speaking out against the way men treat them, are dressing and acting like super sluts.

It seems to us that many women in Hollywood and elsewhere, work very hard to be seductive sex symbols, and then get upset when they are TREATED like sex symbols.

We believe that men need to start fighting back and go after women for "Sexual Taunting"

The fact is, women know what men think and say around female sex symbols, and they have used it to their advantage for eons.

Here is our conclusion. If you want to look and act like a SEX SYMBOL, than get used to being treated like a sex symbol. If you want to be respected, than look and act as if you respect yourself.
Many of the successful women in Hollywood made the purposeful choice to do what they did with producers like Weinstein, to leapfrog their careers ahead. A conscious choice they knew when they went in.

Now, standing in their "barely there" $10,000 gowns slit up the hip and down the cleavage, they claim victimhood. As a man, it's truly difficult to feel shame or guilt for their hardship as we watch them depart from a Rolls.

It deflates the cause of women who got nothing out of their personal sexual horror experience but a chance at continued employment. True victims of predation by cowards.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 01-30-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2018, 04:44 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,350
Thanks: 2,833
Thanked 3,932 Times in 2,784 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenock View Post
No excuse for rape, sexual assault, or treating someone inappropriately.

But, there are plenty of women that will complain when a man does nothing more than compliment them on how they look if that man is not someone they deem worthy.

I went and looked and was able to find an anecdote from reddit immediately. It would be funny if wasn't so common.



What was so horrible about what this guy did? He was OLD and GREASY looking. ewwww why is he talking to me.

Now I don't know how they were dressed in this instant. But from what she described the guy didn't say anything really offensive. Just basically said they were attractive. But HE CROSSED A LINE because he is OLD and GREASY.

Wonder if she would have responded the same way if it had been Leonardo Decaprio.

All men are not the enemy.
There you go, THAT is what I was trying to get at. We have to be aware of how the offended women see US as a man. Two men could say the same thing to a woman and the woman can go after them based on her sole discretion. If it is Leonardo she may just smile and cherish the words, but the greasy old guy needs to be taught a lesson. And if he is a rich and powerful greasy old guy, then he needs his business and life ruined.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sexual, taunting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0