Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss Sexual Taunting at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Lumara I didn't interpret what Dog Man wrote in the OP as blaming the victim, since, as ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:12 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,206
Thanks: 1,985
Thanked 31,945 Times in 18,652 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara
I didn't interpret what Dog Man wrote in the OP as blaming the victim, since, as he said, he wasn't condoning rape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Basically what Dog Man and others are saying is that women are responsible for the actions of the men who assault/rape/abuse them.
I'm gonna go with the statement Dog Man actually thanked instead of bullsh*t reinterpretation based on political hatred...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:44 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,174
Thanks: 964
Thanked 1,517 Times in 1,119 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I'm gonna go with the statement Dog Man actually thanked instead of bullsh*t reinterpretation based on political hatred...

The only political hatred is from you and some of the other right wing hypocrites here who allow yourselves to be frothed into hate by propoganda designed to manipulate you.

Im sure dogman thinks he's not blaming the victim, yet his and others posts in this thread do exactly that. It's called cognitive dissonance. Which you are a prime example of.

I don't hate conservatives or republicans. I think this country needs them. But whatever it is you've allowed yourselves to become in the last couple years isn't conservatism.



Now it's time for more partisan insults from the mouth breathers. Maybe we'll hear about Obama and hillary too. Cant wait!
__________________
"While ever a state of feeling, such as this, shall universally, or even,
very generally prevail throughout the nation, vain will be every effort,
and fruitless every attempt, to subvert our national freedom."
-Lincoln, 1838
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 AM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 306
Thanked 1,605 Times in 990 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Basically what Dog Man and others are saying is that women are responsible for the actions of the men who assault/rape/abuse them. They prescribe no personal accountability to men, who I guess they must assume are all unable to control their sexual and sadistic urges because a woman shows some skin. This is the same attitude/excuse they have in the Muslim world ironicly. Women are seen as seductress so must remain fully clothed so as not to seduce and make a man rape them.
Actually, I think they may be trying to point out that personal accountability goes both ways. There is a culture in this country that tries to treat women as equal to men while also trying to treat women as unable to be responsible for their own actions.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loboloco For This Useful Post:
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 09:07 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,418
Thanks: 8,761
Thanked 5,145 Times in 3,491 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Basically what Dog Man and others are saying is that women are responsible for the actions of the men who assault/rape/abuse them. They prescribe no personal accountability to men, who I guess they must assume are all unable to control their sexual and sadistic urges because a woman shows some skin. This is the same attitude/excuse they have in the Muslim world ironicly. Women are seen as seductress so must remain fully clothed so as not to seduce and make a man rape them.
What your doing is taking PART of what people say then AMPLIFYING it in worse ways
and IGNORING other parts completely and calling it Objectivity Red. c'mon.

I can't speak for DogMan. but the point I was trying to get across was that there are COMMON sense facts that come into play with HUMAN nature.
That men in fact do have a responsibility to control our urges BUT that women can HELP by not TEMPTING men.

As an analogy.
If you are trying to help a person keep their weight down at the office, do you put doughnuts out in the office lobby everyday becasue YOU like them and want to share.. and even think they are pretty decoration? But just HOPE and self righteously EXPECT the person on the diet to just GET OVER the temptation, and are UPSET with them for asking you NOT to put them out.
It's definitely not the Doughnuts fault that it was eaten or desired BUT if they aren't there in 1st place then there's LESS chance that they are stare at, desired, hoovered over, touched, or eaten.

Is there some horrible PREJUDICED involved in ASKING the NON-Weight/Health Conscious staff NOT to put Fatty doughnuts out?

Putting the FATTY food out on the table everyday while HALF the WORLD is on a STRICT diet is NOT helpful.
Is it each man's responsibility to self control? YES. absolutely no question. All the real weight falls on each man for his actions and words.
But, it MUST be said, it's also partially women's responsibility to HELP men stay on the right path by not overtly tempting us.


It's not and that it's HER Fault .
But if you DECIDE to dangle raw meat in front of even a WELL TRAINED hungry dog but are SHOCKED and angry that your hand gets bit, then there's something Wrong with your thinking.
Sure BAD DOG. But don't tease the dog.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 02-12-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,064
Thanks: 2,611
Thanked 3,742 Times in 2,671 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
What your doing is taking PART of what people say then AMPLIFYING it in worse ways
and IGNORING other parts completely and calling it Objectivity Red. c'mon.

I can't speak for DogMan. but the point I was trying to get across was that there are COMMON sense facts that come into play with HUMAN nature.
That men in fact do have a responsibility to control our urges BUT that women can HELP by not TEMPTING men.

As an analogy.
If you are trying to help a person keep their weight down at the office, do you put doughnuts out in the office lobby everyday becasue YOU like them and want to share.. and even think they are pretty decoration? But just HOPE and self righteously EXPECT the person on the diet to just GET OVER the temptation, and are UPSET with them for asking you NOT to put them out.
It's definitely not the Doughnuts fault that it was eaten or desired BUT if they aren't there in 1st place then there's LESS chance that they are stare at, desired, hoovered over, touched, or eaten.

Is there some horrible PREJUDICED involved in ASKING the NON-Weight/Health Conscious staff NOT to put Fatty doughnuts out?

Putting the FATTY food out on the table everyday while HALF the WORLD is on a STRICT diet is NOT helpful.
Is it each man's responsibility to self control? YES. absolutely no question. All the real weight falls on each man for his actions and words.
But, it MUST be said, it's also partially women's responsibility to HELP men stay on the right path by not overtly tempting us.


It's not and that it's HER Fault .
But if you DECIDE to dangle raw meat in front of even a WELL TRAINED hungry dog but are SHOCKED and angry that your hand gets bit, then there's something Wrong with your thinking.
Sure BAD DOG. But don't tease the dog.


Now THAT is my type of analogy. You are right, Red State would be shocked at what the dog did, and would probably have it euthanized. Then he would wag his meat in front of another dog and be Totally shocked that it happened again. Then he would do it again and again and again, and expect all dogs on the planet to change their behavior, so he can wag his meat where ever the hell he likes.
Because we all know that HE can't change anything. Right?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,064
Thanks: 2,611
Thanked 3,742 Times in 2,671 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Basically what Dog Man and others are saying is that women are responsible for the actions of the men who assault/rape/abuse them. They prescribe no personal accountability to men, who I guess they must assume are all unable to control their sexual and sadistic urges because a woman shows some skin. This is the same attitude/excuse they have in the Muslim world ironicly. Women are seen as seductress so must remain fully clothed so as not to seduce and make a man rape them.
Assault/Rape/Abuse? Is that what you think this is about? This is about the watering down of actual Abuse. The me too movement is throwing in Hugs and hurt feeling as actual abuse. The real abuse is taking a back seat to women that feel uncomfortable around men.

The fact is, a lot of the things that happen to women, women are OK with. It's the WHO did it to them that causes the problems.

If a Leo Dicaprio type, hugs a woman and tells them how beautiful they are, it is a compliment. If some greasy fat guy does the exact same thing, it is abuse of the worse kind. How can this be controlled? What laws should we enact?
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 04:27 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,038
Thanks: 9,899
Thanked 14,990 Times in 9,092 Posts
Post Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Many of the successful women in Hollywood made the purposeful choice to do what they did with producers like Weinstein, to leapfrog their careers ahead. A conscious choice they knew when they went in.
Now, standing in their "barely there" $10,000 gowns slit up the hip and down the cleavage, they claim victimhood. As a man, it's truly difficult to feel shame or guilt for their hardship as we watch them depart from a Rolls.
It deflates the cause of women who got nothing out of their personal sexual horror experience but a chance at continued employment. True victims of predation by cowards.
This thread has devolved into vague claims and complaints, with little actual substantive reasoning.

1) WHO is an example of "... successful women in Hollywood made the purposeful choice to do what they did with producers like Weinstein, to leapfrog their careers ahead. A conscious choice they knew when they went in."?
And second question, are they complaining about that choice?

2) "Now, standing in their "barely there" $10,000 gowns slit up the hip and down the cleavage, they claim victimhood."
What victimhood???
Standing in that ground doesn't justify illegal actions being perpetrated against them.
So what victimhood is being claimed by whom???


What this thread has really become is mindless complaints against people who don't act as puritan as some would demand.
Generalizing claims with no examples or specifics thrown forward, with ridiculously vague allegations.

For all these attacks on vague claims of Hollywood starlets, nobody has named anybody and specifically explained what they did which warrants condemnation...

And I'm not saying that such examples don't exist.
It's just that this entire thread has turned into righteous condemnation with no actual example shown of what is being chastised...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man
Assault/Rape/Abuse? Is that what you think this is about? This is about the watering down of actual Abuse. The me too movement is throwing in Hugs and hurt feeling as actual abuse. The real abuse is taking a back seat to women that feel uncomfortable around men.

The religious right are proclaiming that gays are attacking their constitutional rights. And real constitutional rights abuse is taking a back seat to whining over civil rights legislation.
At the end of the day, some individuals are saying words. And it's their first amendment right to rattle off such foolishness.

Just as it's your right to point it out.

Quite frankly, there are a variety of people pointing out how the "metoo" movement has some people trying to drag it places where it shouldn't be going. To me, it should be about exposing illegal acts which were previously covered up in a veil of complicity.
People complaining about hugs (for the vast majority of examples) and hurt feelings? I'll happily join those saying that such complaints have no place in "metoo".
I've even given an example of that already.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
I can't speak for DogMan. but the point I was trying to get across was that there are COMMON sense facts that come into play with HUMAN nature.
That men in fact do have a responsibility to control our urges BUT that women can HELP by not TEMPTING men.

As an analogy.
If you are trying to help a person keep their weight down at the office, do you put doughnuts out in the office lobby everyday becasue YOU like them and want to share.. and even think they are pretty decoration? But just HOPE and self righteously EXPECT the person on the diet to just GET OVER the temptation, and are UPSET with them for asking you NOT to put them out.
It's definitely not the Doughnuts fault that it was eaten or desired BUT if they aren't there in 1st place then there's LESS chance that they are stare at, desired, hoovered over, touched, or eaten.
I'm in an office with a team that has a diabetic.
The team has chocolates and sweets out.
I also put out food that the diabetic guy can eat.
He has explicitly stated he understands it's his responsibility for his choices.

Now to shift the landscape slightly, should the grocery store be held responsible for the diabetic guy's problem?
Should the grocery store be forced to censor their candy aisle availability for the diabetic?

We live in a free society.
While the candy aisle is not helpful to the diabetic, does the grocery store have any obligation (implied or otherwise) regarding the 9.4% of the population which is diabetic?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Is there some horrible PREJUDICED involved in ASKING the NON-Weight/Health Conscious staff NOT to put Fatty doughnuts out?
Putting the FATTY food out on the table everyday while HALF the WORLD is on a STRICT diet is NOT helpful.
Is it each man's responsibility to self control? YES. absolutely no question. All the real weight falls on each man for his actions and words.
But, it MUST be said, it's also partially women's responsibility to HELP men stay on the right path by not overtly tempting us.
Shift the issue to "gun control" and watch how people's opinions on the implications change...

But this is about telling women what they should be doing for men, so of course it's different...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 02-12-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,064
Thanks: 2,611
Thanked 3,742 Times in 2,671 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
This thread has devolved into vague claims and complaints, with little actual substantive reasoning.

1) WHO is an example of "... successful women in Hollywood made the purposeful choice to do what they did with producers like Weinstein, to leapfrog their careers ahead. A conscious choice they knew when they went in."?
And second question, are they complaining about that choice?

2) "Now, standing in their "barely there" $10,000 gowns slit up the hip and down the cleavage, they claim victimhood."
What victimhood???
Standing in that ground doesn't justify illegal actions being perpetrated against them.
So what victimhood is being claimed by whom???


What this thread has really become is mindless complaints against people who don't act as puritan as some would demand.
Generalizing claims with no examples or specifics thrown forward, with ridiculously vague allegations.

For all these attacks on vague claims of Hollywood starlets, nobody has named anybody and specifically explained what they did which warrants condemnation...

And I'm not saying that such examples don't exist.
It's just that this entire thread has turned into righteous condemnation with no actual example shown of what is being chastised...




The religious right are proclaiming that gays are attacking their constitutional rights. And real constitutional rights abuse is taking a back seat to whining over civil rights legislation.
At the end of the day, some individuals are saying words. And it's their first amendment right to rattle off such foolishness.

Just as it's your right to point it out.

Quite frankly, there are a variety of people pointing out how the "metoo" movement has some people trying to drag it places where it shouldn't be going. To me, it should be about exposing illegal acts which were previously covered up in a veil of complicity.
People complaining about hugs (for the vast majority of examples) and hurt feelings? I'll happily join those saying that such complaints have no place in "metoo".
I've even given an example of that already.



I'm in an office with a team that has a diabetic.
The team has chocolates and sweets out.
I also put out food that the diabetic guy can eat.
He has explicitly stated he understands it's his responsibility for his choices.

Now to shift the landscape slightly, should the grocery store be held responsible for the diabetic guy's problem?
Should the grocery store be forced to censor their candy aisle availability for the diabetic?

We live in a free society.
While the candy aisle is not helpful to the diabetic, does the grocery store have any obligation (implied or otherwise) regarding the 9.4% of the population which is diabetic?



Shift the issue to "gun control" and watch how people's opinions on the implications change...
Thank you, 1. & 2. sum it up very well.

Also, This isn't about Illegal abuse, which should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. It's about accusations and courts of public opinions that ruin lives. Every day we hear about someone being forced to resign because a woman made an accusation.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 05:04 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,418
Thanks: 8,761
Thanked 5,145 Times in 3,491 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I'm in an office with a team that has a diabetic.
The team has chocolates and sweets out.
I also put out food that the diabetic guy can eat.
He has explicitly stated he understands it's his responsibility for his choices.
Now to shift the landscape slightly, should the grocery store be held responsible for the diabetic guy's problem?
Should the grocery store be forced to censor their candy aisle availability for the diabetic?
I didn't say BAN or censor the doughnut SHOP did I?
So no the grocery store obviously shouldn't be "forced to censor" any foods.
My analogy clearly talked about a place where you would NOT necessarily expect or NEED to have doughnuts OR candy offered.
there's a time and place for everything.




Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Shift the issue to "gun control" and watch how people's opinions on the implications change...
umm What?
Sooo people want to shoot innocent people more because loaded guns are left in the lobby table in the office? what?
I'm not seeing how this fits into the analogy FI66. sorry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
But this is about telling women what they should be doing for men, so of course it's different...
It's about what men should do and how women can help, Yes. (like men often Run to help a women if he hears one scream. But i guess the scream is about controlling men etc.)
But how horrible is that? Heaven forbid Men and Women help each other!
Any help request are ONLY about "control". (hhmm sounds like a MGTOW reasoning)

I see it now, WHAT was i thinking?! why would anyone request such a thing. A request that helps men be better behaved and saves more women from BS attacks. Why would someone suggest it... I must want to control and oppress women.
what was i thinking. I hope they all go out of the house BUCK NAKED tomorrow in protest just to show us controlling men that Women can do whatever they want to do and don't have to be concerned about the opinions or lust problems of men.
that'll show us.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 02-12-2018 at 05:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,064
Thanks: 2,611
Thanked 3,742 Times in 2,671 Posts
Default Re: Sexual Taunting

[QUOTE=RedState;928282]The only political hatred is from you and some of the other right wing hypocrites here who allow yourselves to be frothed into hate by propoganda designed to manipulate you.

That's friggin hilarious. ..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sexual, taunting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0