Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist” at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Lumara The left supports Islam, which is guilty of all those practices. I've never seen anyone on ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 08:35 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Oz and a hard place
Posts: 10,178
Thanks: 7,925
Thanked 6,463 Times in 4,194 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
The left supports Islam, which is guilty of all those practices. I've never seen anyone on the left speak out against female genital mutilation, honor killing, beheadings of homosexuals, Sharia, etc. They just support Islam and ignore the atrocities, which is the same as offering implicit support.
I would have to disagree, I have seen liberals speak out on such subjects. Some quite clearly and loudly.

Unfortunately, I've seen the same people support Muslim groups here in the USoA, without acknowledging that they don't know if those particular groups support (or not) all of the above atrocities.

Many use the 'hate the sin, not the sinner' phrase, which to me, is absolutely absurd.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well get embalmed
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 08:37 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,689
Thanks: 2,180
Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,004 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
BS. The left supports the freedom of and from religion.
And by supporting Islam, the left is supporting female genital mutilation, beheading of homosexuals, honor killings and other vile practices.


Quote:
This is a mindless RW strawman argument.
Facts are not a strawman argument.
__________________
Every time someone tells me "You're gonna regret that in the morning" I sleep in until noon because I'm a problem solver.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:17 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,904
Thanks: 6,123
Thanked 8,743 Times in 5,036 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
BS. The left supports the freedom of and from religion. This is a mindless RW strawman argument. You think I am a lefty and I am against all of those thing, and indeed I think they are all illegal in this country. This straw man exists to justify the RWers discrimination against a religion. Especially offensive when one thinks abour the RWers thinking they are great Americans and defend the constitution.
No it doesn't. the left tells me, by legislative action and PC propaganda, to keep my faith to myself and not display it in public places. They determine point by point and day by day each of the new places my faith, and it's symbols, offends others and is forbidden. As a conservative Christian, I am not offended by Islam.

But I am offended by such barbarous practices as the OP illustrates. And particularly offended by the Democratic party's selective acceptance of them. We are ripping statues of Civil war icons because they represent the time of slavery. Yet a religion that still practices it, especially in their treatment of women is lauded by the same people.

And people like me are labeled Islamophobic for making that observation.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 08-30-2017 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:20 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,092
Thanks: 2,294
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,993 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
No it doesn't. the left tells me, by legislative action and PC propaganda, to keep my faith to myself and not display it in public places. They determine point by point and day by day each of the new places my faith, and it's symbols, offends others and is forbidden. As a conservative Christian, I am not offended by Islam.

But I am offended by such barbarous practices as the OP illustrates. And particularly offended by the Democratic party's selective acceptance of them. We are ripping statues of Civil war icons because they represent the time of slavery. Yet a religion that still practices it, especially in their treatment of women is lauded by the same people.

And people like me are label Islamophobic for making that observation.
A Muslim American has every single right and responsibility you have. It is that simple. Now tell Islam is not a religion.
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:38 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,689
Thanks: 2,180
Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,004 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
A Muslim American has every single right and responsibility you have. It is that simple. Now tell Islam is not a religion.
Religion is just one component of the totalitarian political system that is Islam.
__________________
Every time someone tells me "You're gonna regret that in the morning" I sleep in until noon because I'm a problem solver.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:43 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,092
Thanks: 2,294
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,993 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Religion is just one component of the totalitarian political system that is Islam.
Which means? Does an American Muslim, that has never broken a law, have every single right to practice his religion as he sees fit, as long as it is legal? Just you or I do?
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,689
Thanks: 2,180
Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,004 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Which means? Does an American Muslim, that has never broken a law, have every single right to practice his religion as he sees fit, as long as it is legal? Just you or I do?
Not if that "religion" has practices that are illegal in this country, such as honor killings, Sharia, and FGM.
__________________
Every time someone tells me "You're gonna regret that in the morning" I sleep in until noon because I'm a problem solver.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:48 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,904
Thanks: 6,123
Thanked 8,743 Times in 5,036 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Religion is just one component of the totalitarian political system that is Islam.
I am always amazed at the left disdain for Christian history and influences which brought on our democratic nation, yet want to blindly accept a faith that, by definition demands, a Theocracy.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:52 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,092
Thanks: 2,294
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,993 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Not if that "religion" has practices that are illegal in this country, such as honor killings, Sharia, and FGM.
What other religions don't you like?
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,092
Thanks: 2,294
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,993 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
I am always amazed at the left disdain for Christian history and influences which brought on our democratic nation, yet want to blindly accept a faith that, by definition demands, a Theocracy.
In one breath or post conservatives complain of being picked on, in tbe next they insist on discriminating against another religion.
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Surly For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
leftist”, longer, reasons, woman’s, “top

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0