Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist” at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Mikeyy What she witnessed is not something I would know about. She witnessed credibility and reason?!??!?!......

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2017, 11:49 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,857
Thanks: 1,946
Thanked 31,588 Times in 18,470 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
What she witnessed is not something I would know about.
She witnessed credibility and reason?!??!?!...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 12:12 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 72,855
Thanks: 52,718
Thanked 25,151 Times in 17,832 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
This article is quite long, so I'm going to just copy some of the paragraphs that really nail her reasons. She makes some excellent points and the entire piece is worth reading IMO to find the gems embedded within, like the following:



That's enough to give you a small taste. You can read the entire piece here: https://truthuncensored.net/womans-t...st-goes-viral/
top reason I became a republican
Ronald Reagan
reason I don't trust republican party as much
Ronald Reagan
top reason I will vote straight Democrat ticket
Donald Trump
__________________
[There is] the inability to look at context as an all important aspect of the truth ;facts strung together individually are not necessarily the truth ~ Carl Bernstein
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 12:20 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 72,855
Thanks: 52,718
Thanked 25,151 Times in 17,832 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
top reason I became a republican
Ronald Reagan
reason I don't trust republican party as much
Ronald Reagan
top reason I will vote straight Democrat ticket
Donald Trump
lesser but together weighty reasons I've given up on R party
mitch
ted
et al
__________________
[There is] the inability to look at context as an all important aspect of the truth ;facts strung together individually are not necessarily the truth ~ Carl Bernstein
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 12:21 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 72,855
Thanks: 52,718
Thanked 25,151 Times in 17,832 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

basically dems are not perfect but up against nazis they got my vote
__________________
[There is] the inability to look at context as an all important aspect of the truth ;facts strung together individually are not necessarily the truth ~ Carl Bernstein
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 12:27 AM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,355
Thanks: 22,379
Thanked 18,869 Times in 13,897 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
She witnessed credibility and reason?!??!?!...
You have liberals on this site. Have you ever seen one support any of the things she listed? And what about what I said about why we don't see priests up in arms over pedophile priests? Instead of attacking perhaps you could explain something.
__________________
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 06:59 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,200
Thanks: 1,555
Thanked 969 Times in 554 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
So tell me what do you think about critical thinking skills and how to develope them in children.
Well first off, I am not an expert in the field of education. I am a member of the Board of Education, but that is not my profession. I was elected as a member of the district Board of Education charged with oversight of the district, not as a professional to dictate instructional techniques. That is why the district employees professionals in this area, we let those professionals set the curriculum.

However, I know enough to know that indoctrinating students with any propaganda, left or right, is not conducive to teaching critical thinking skills.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 08:30 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 10,705
Thanks: 8,327
Thanked 6,868 Times in 4,434 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
So tell me what do you think about critical thinking skills and how to develope them in children.
Critical thinking skills do not come from giving a child the answer, and just telling them how to get to the answer, and I'm not talking math here.

Critical thinking is being given a set of problems based on prior information, and let them use several methods to arrive at an answer. Then discussing the methods they used, and if they actually arrived at the correct answer.

Then you add different sets of circumstances, and see if they can adjust their method to include the effect of those circumstances.

As silly as it sounds, my second grade teacher (back in the dark ages) taught something to our class that has stuck with me through the years.

She put two apples in the middle of a rectangle table, a child sitting on the end, and told the child to take one of the apples, he reached out, and took an apple. The she moved the remaining apple further away, and told him to take it, but he couldn't reach it from the end of the table. She encouraged him again to take the apple, and when he said he couldn't reach it, she asked him why didn't he just walk around the table to reach it.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well get embalmed
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,105
Thanks: 6,327
Thanked 8,986 Times in 5,152 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Critical thinking skills do not come from giving a child the answer, and just telling them how to get to the answer, and I'm not talking math here.

Critical thinking is being given a set of problems based on prior information, and let them use several methods to arrive at an answer. Then discussing the methods they used, and if they actually arrived at the correct answer.

Then you add different sets of circumstances, and see if they can adjust their method to include the effect of those circumstances.

As silly as it sounds, my second grade teacher (back in the dark ages) taught something to our class that has stuck with me through the years.

She put two apples in the middle of a rectangle table, a child sitting on the end, and told the child to take one of the apples, he reached out, and took an apple. The she moved the remaining apple further away, and told him to take it, but he couldn't reach it from the end of the table. She encouraged him again to take the apple, and when he said he couldn't reach it, she asked him why didn't he just walk around the table to reach it.


If you don't mind, I'd like to use that example when training new employees.

Learnin',,,; It be a gud thing
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,780
Thanks: 2,369
Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,069 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Who on the left supports any of this BS? Nobody at all.
The left supports Islam, which is guilty of all those practices. I've never seen anyone on the left speak out against female genital mutilation, honor killing, beheadings of homosexuals, Sharia, etc. They just support Islam and ignore the atrocities, which is the same as offering implicit support.
__________________
Every time someone tells me "You're gonna regret that in the morning" I sleep in until noon because I'm a problem solver.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,784
Thanks: 2,653
Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,255 Posts
Default Re: Woman’s “Top 10 Reasons I Am No Longer a Leftist”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
The left supports Islam, which is guilty of all those practices. I've never seen anyone on the left speak out against female genital mutilation, honor killing, beheadings of homosexuals, Sharia, etc. They just support Islam and ignore the atrocities, which is the same as offering implicit support.
BS. The left supports the freedom of and from religion. This is a mindless RW strawman argument. You think I am a lefty and I am against all of those thing, and indeed I think they are all illegal in this country. This straw man exists to justify the RWers discrimination against a religion. Especially offensive when one thinks abour the RWers thinking they are great Americans and defend the constitution.
__________________
My signature line has been censored by the man.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Surly For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
leftist”, longer, reasons, woman’s, “top

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0