Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Opinions & Editorials (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/opinions-editorials/)
-   -   No One Should Be Above the Law (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/opinions-editorials/47480-no-one-should-above-law.html)

MrLiberty 07-27-2016 12:08 PM

No One Should Be Above the Law
 
No One Should Be Above the Law | The National Interest Blog

Quote:

In what appears to be continuing trend, the Federal Bureau of Investigations recently confirmed that the status of America’s powerful elite as being accountable only to their own standard while the rest of the nation is required to follow rule of law. The latest evidence was the FBI’s decision not to recommend charges against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for violating U.S. Code in the handling of classified information. Attorney General Loretta Lynch made it official the next day: she said the “year-long investigation [will] be closed and . . . no charges be brought.”

In a lengthy statement explaining the decision, FBI Director James Comey confirmed that Secretary Clinton had unequivocally violated a federal statute in the storage and communication of classified material via unclassified and unauthorized email messages, including “seven e-mail chains [which] concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent.” A total of 110 email messages contained highly classified information and another two thousand unmarked messages were determined after the fact to contain classified information.

The other recent example of a public figure getting off virtually scot-free was former General and CIA Director David H. Petraeus. In 2015, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was not jailed. The Associated Press reported that Petraeus “admitted that he loaned his biographer, Paula Broadwell, with whom he was having an affair, eight binders containing highly classified information regarding war strategy, intelligence capabilities and identities of covert officers,” some of which was classified Top Secret.

It is clear, however, that neither Clinton nor Petraeus will be held to account for violating federal law. Petraeus is still one of the most sought-after, highly paid public speakers and Clinton might be elected commander in chief four months from now. Very few other Americans, however, enjoy such lenient treatment for similar violations of the law.

Last November, a Marine reservist, Major Jason Brezler was forced out of the Marines by acting Assistant Navy Secretary Scott Lutterloh, for mishandling classified material. In 2012 Major Brezler sent classified information via email to fellow Marines, warning that a certain Afghan official living on a U.S. base had been sexually abusing little boys and was a security threat. His warning was ignored, and subsequently one of the abused boys went on a shooting rampage, murdering three U.S. Marines on the base.

For his attempt to protect American lives, Major Brezler was stripped of his security clearance and discharged from the Marines.

Despite the fact Major Brezler’s motivation was to protect American lives, Secretary Lutterloh apparently felt the law didn’t allow for personal exceptions. For General Petraeus and Secretary of State Clinton, however, the laws were deemed optional. Simply being a high profile figure with political stature apparently gives violators a free pass in our judicial system.

No one is supposed to be above the law.

Separate legal standards for the elite and the rest of the nation continue the degradation of the confidence rank-and-file Americans have in the nation’s senior leaders. For years now the level of voter’s trust in the government has been dropping precipitously. I’ve seen firsthand this abuse of power go unpunished and observed its consequences.

In 2011, during my second tour of Afghanistan, I witnessed the dramatic gulf between what our senior civilian and uniformed leaders were telling Americans and the truth of what was really happening on the ground. Civilian leaders, such as then-Undersecretary of Defense Michčle Flournoy and military leaders such as former three-star General Curtis Scaparrotti (then deputy commander of U.S. troops in Afghanistan), claimed their policies and plans were succeeding.
And, if clinton wins in Nov. it will only get worse, and I do not expect the republicans to do anything about it if they stay in control of congress. :mad:mad:mad

jimbo 07-27-2016 12:25 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLiberty (Post 831206)
No One Should Be Above the Law | The National Interest Blog



And, if clinton wins in Nov. it will only get worse, and I do not expect the republicans to do anything about it if they stay in control of congress. :mad:mad:mad

The security clearance is an interesting problem. Clearances at the highest level entail a very thorough investigation. With Hillary's record, I'm sure she would not be granted a high level clearance, and just as sure once she had a record of grossly mishandling secure information she would have been stripped of her clearance.

How can anyone do the job of President without a security clearance?

MrLiberty 07-27-2016 12:29 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 831211)
The security clearance is an interesting problem. Clearances at the highest level entail a very thorough investigation. With Hillary's record, I'm sure she would not be granted a high level clearance, and just as sure once she had a record of grossly mishandling secure information she would have been stripped of her clearance.

How can anyone do the job of President without a security clearance?

They can't, but that doesn't matter anymore, if she wins we will see the likes of criminal activity coming out of the White House like we have never seen before.

AZRWinger 07-28-2016 12:15 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
There is no comparison between the treatment of General Petraeus and Hillary Clinton. As the former commander of US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as CIA director, Petraeus was a threat to Obama's retreat and defeat strategy. What better way to neutralize the threat than to discredit him with a criminal conviction for violating national security. Despite the abundant and irrefutable evidence of Hillary's and the absence of a requirement for intent Hillary has suffered not so much as an indictment for her massive breach of national security. The difference in treatment should surprise no one, Hillary is far better connected politically.:eek

Bob the Slob 08-07-2016 02:37 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
It's one of the biggest reasons I won't vote for her....if she can't be indicted, can she be told to leave?

Dog Man 08-08-2016 10:46 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
It's OK to break the law if you apologize afterward and admit that you are not very bright and do not know the rules. Or if you have a short circuited brain.

Dog Man 08-08-2016 10:51 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLiberty (Post 831206)
No One Should Be Above the Law | The National Interest Blog



And, if clinton wins in Nov. it will only get worse, and I do not expect the republicans to do anything about it if they stay in control of congress. :mad:mad:mad

Your right, nothing will be done and everyone will become apathetic toward everything that happens. Hell, I heard a hospital was bombed this weekend
somewhere and 65 or so people died. And I was like, Big deal! who cares, it happens every single day somewhere in the world, know one cares anymore.

Mikeyy 08-08-2016 11:17 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Do you guys ever get tired of the faux outrage? It seems you are only upset if you can somehow decide that Hillary may have broken a law. If if she hasn't. But whenever your team breaks the law you ignore the facts. Trump has been breaking campaign laws. and you don't care. Bush broke laws and you don't care. Reagan broke laws and you don't care. It's this partisan outrage that bores me shltless.

Dog Man 08-08-2016 11:38 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 833473)
Do you guys ever get tired of the faux outrage? It seems you are only upset if you can somehow decide that Hillary may have broken a law. If if she hasn't. But whenever your team breaks the law you ignore the facts. Trump has been breaking campaign laws. and you don't care. Bush broke laws and you don't care. Reagan broke laws and you don't care. It's this partisan outrage that bores me shltless.

Just like you don't care that the DNC rigged the Democrat nomination process. Or is that an unproven right wing conspiracy?

Mikeyy 08-08-2016 11:41 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 833482)
Just like you don't care that the DNC rigged the Democrat nomination process. Or is that an unproven right wing conspiracy?

I care but as long as trump isn't going to be POTUS they can rig all they want. BTW Bernie feels the same.

Manitou 08-08-2016 11:46 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 833484)
I care but as long as trump isn't going to be POTUS they can rig all they want. BTW Bernie feels the same.

Trump would be POTUS, but not POSOTUS like Hillary.

Bat 08-08-2016 04:08 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
As Secratary Of State Ms Clinton has proved herself to be incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information. She even admitted it.

Why the heck do liberals want to promote her?

Dog Man 08-08-2016 04:10 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 833528)
As Secratary Of State Ms Clinton has proved herself to be incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information. She even admitted it.

Why the heck do liberals want to promote her?

Well, they promoted Debbie Wasserperson Shultz for rigging the left wing nomination process, so why not Hillary? It's what they do. Corruption=Promotion.

Mikeyy 08-08-2016 04:52 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 833529)
Well, they promoted Debbie Wasserperson Shultz for rigging the left wing nomination process, so why not Hillary? It's what they do. Corruption=Promotion.

Do you realize who you are supporting?

Dog Man 08-08-2016 04:58 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 833543)
Do you realize who you are supporting?

Why do you love Hillary so much?

Mikeyy 08-09-2016 09:02 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 833528)
As Secratary Of State Ms Clinton has proved herself to be incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information. She even admitted it.

Why the heck do liberals want to promote her?

She wasn't incompetent. If you look at the facts nobody got her private information but Snowden and Assange got into government computers. Secondly, She made a bad choice and won't be doing it again. Trump makes bad choices and then doubles down.

foundit66 08-09-2016 10:26 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 833473)
But whenever your team breaks the law you ignore the facts. Trump has been breaking campaign laws. and you don't care. Bush broke laws and you don't care. Reagan broke laws and you don't care. It's this partisan outrage that bores me shltless.

That's the part where they are losing on these arguments... :rolls
When you raise the actual history of the "email" problems? With past presidents?

I raised similar problems with Bush where they also deleted emails.
At the time, I really didn't expect anything to be done about it. I didn't expect him to be dragged out of the White House in chains.
But with Clinton, that's exactly what they demand... :rolls


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat
As Secratary Of State Ms Clinton has proved herself to be incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information. She even admitted it.

Why do some right-wingers think that hyperbole and lies are a realistic solution to furthering Trump?

I welcome you to quote her where she said she was incompetent in matters of national security and top secret information.
I won't hold my breath for you to actually show that... :rolls

AZRWinger 08-09-2016 01:22 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by foundit66 (Post 833662)
That's the part where they are losing on these arguments... :rolls
When you raise the actual history of the "email" problems? With past presidents?

I raised similar problems with Bush where they also deleted emails.
At the time, I really didn't expect anything to be done about it. I didn't expect him to be dragged out of the White House in chains.
But with Clinton, that's exactly what they demand... :rolls



Why do some right-wingers think that hyperbole and lies are a realistic solution to furthering Trump?

I welcome you to quote her where she said she was incompetent in matters of national security and top secret information.
I won't hold my breath for you to actually show that... :rolls

Point out where the FBI conducted an investigation of a previous administration senior official 's email abuses then concluded there is plenty of evidence of the official not only broke the law but lied about it, then tell us the FBI’S recommendation, please. Oh wait, you can't. Hillary’s open defiance of the law and OA policy on a massive scale is unprecedented for a cabinet level official.:thumbsup

But don't worry, the fix was in for Hillary from Bill's private meeting with the AG to the FBI not making a detailed record of her interview, no perjury worries, to the FBI conjuring up a requirement for absolute proof of deliberate intent despite the statute not requiring one, theregardless is always an excuse for a Clinton to slither away.:rolls What those of us not so invested in Hillary as the new messiah want is for her to be treated like the rest of us by the people charged with enforcing the law.:thumbsup

Mikeyy 08-09-2016 04:08 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 833546)
Why do you love Hillary so much?

Honestly, I think Trump is dangerous to my country. To my kids. To the economy. To our foreign relations and to our public discourse. I think he is thin skinned and doesn't have what it takes to be POTUS. Hillary doesn't twitter every time someone trashes her. She is tougher than Trump. Trump is like a spoiled rich kid. Know why? Because that is what he is. He tells the Khan family he has sacrificed. WTF has he sacrificed except his two previous wives? C'mon man. You are not as dumb as some others. You have to get this.

foundit66 08-09-2016 04:20 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 833685)
Point out where the FBI conducted an investigation of a previous administration senior official 's email abuses ...

:brickwall
You don't seem to get it.
The reason why there was a multi-million dollar investigation is because Repubs turned it into political persecution. :mad

You are trying to change the discussion.
Previous presidents were guilty of the same crimes.
But previous opposition parties didn't try to turn it into the big stink that exists today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 833685)
... then concluded there is plenty of evidence of the official not only broke the law but lied about it...

Last president.
Flashback: Rove Erases 22 Million White House Emails on Private Server at Height of U.S. Attorney Scandal – Media Yawns | Pensito Review


Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 833685)
... then tell us the FBI’S recommendation...

You SERIOUSLY did not try to bring up "FBI's recommendation".
Let me remind you of the CURRENT situation and their recommendation...
F.B.I. Director James Comey Recommends No Charges for Hillary Clinton on Email
To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

The REAL difference here is that Repubs today are trying to turn it into political persecution when they did NOT HOLD THEMSELVES up to the same standards in previous situations. :mad



Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 833546)
Why do you love Hillary so much?

Mikeyy answered.
I'll throw in my two cents.
I do not love Hillary.
I have REPEATEDLY said this election comes down to the lesser of two evils in a way that I have never seen a previous presidential election epitomize that phrase.

Trump is dangerous.
The man has a fragile ego and doesn't have the intelligence to walk away from even the most trivial fights.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...if-he-becomes/

He is the worse of the two.

Dog Man 08-09-2016 04:27 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 833712)
Honestly, I think Trump is dangerous to my country. To my kids. To the economy. To our foreign relations and to our public discourse. I think he is thin skinned and doesn't have what it takes to be POTUS. Hillary doesn't twitter every time someone trashes her. She is tougher than Trump. Trump is like a spoiled rich kid. Know why? Because that is what he is. He tells the Khan family he has sacrificed. WTF has he sacrificed except his two previous wives? C'mon man. You are not as dumb as some others. You have to get this.

LOL, The truth comes out, you hate rich people. :thumbsup I'm not a Trump supporter, I just hate Hillary, I think she is a worse person than Trump, much worse! I think she is a horrible, nasty, untrustworthy, corrupt human being. Other than that, I guess she is OK. :D If I could vote, I would vote Libertarian.

Bob the Slob 08-10-2016 02:44 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 833528)
As Secratary Of State Ms Clinton has proved herself to be incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information. She even admitted it.

Why the heck do liberals want to promote her?

LIBERALS don't...neoliberals do.

Bat 08-10-2016 05:34 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by foundit66 (Post 833662)
That's the part where they are losing on these arguments... :rolls
When you raise the actual history of the "email" problems? With past presidents?

I raised similar problems with Bush where they also deleted emails.
At the time, I really didn't expect anything to be done about it. I didn't expect him to be dragged out of the White House in chains.
But with Clinton, that's exactly what they demand... :rolls



Why do some right-wingers think that hyperbole and lies are a realistic solution to furthering Trump?

I welcome you to quote her where she said she was incompetent in matters of national security and top secret information.
I won't hold my breath for you to actually show that... :rolls

Incompetent people almost never admit it, so you are asking way too much.
I'm simply looking at her actions that show either incompetence or flat out lies. Pick one.

foundit66 08-10-2016 05:51 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 834016)
Incompetent people almost never admit it, so you are asking way too much.

I'm asking you to prove what you claimed.
You said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat
As Secratary Of State Ms Clinton has proved herself to be incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information.
She even admitted it.

So I am asking you to prove what you claimed regarding "She even admitted it"

I'm guessing that by your response you are now (at least implicitly) admitting your previous claim was wrong.

Bat 08-10-2016 06:21 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by foundit66 (Post 834019)
I'm asking you to prove what you claimed.
You said:So I am asking you to prove what you claimed regarding "She even admitted it"

I'm guessing that by your response you are now (at least implicitly) admitting your previous claim was wrong.

I'm sure you won't like this,
Quote:

The State Department on Friday announced it would withhold in full seven “top secret” email chains that passed through Clinton’s unsecured server, a total of 22 documents and 37 pages of messages. It was the first time State agreed with the intelligence community inspector general that the contents of the messages were indeed sensitive enough to merit that highest classification level. State had previously contended that the intelligence community had overclassified some of the messages.
When asked about the contents of the messages, Clinton said she didn’t know details: “I don’t know which ones they have plucked out to fail to disclose, and we have called for all of them to be released.”
She emphasized that none of the messages was marked classified at the time, though there are still questions about whether the information was classified elsewhere when the messages were originally forwarded.
Clinton: I didn't generate any 'top secret' emails - POLITICO

So, yeah, she admitted that she was too incompetent to realize those messages were top secret.
I would think recognizing that would be a basic job requirement for a Secretary of State and a President. Ignorance of ones job responsibilities is no excuse.

Bat 08-10-2016 06:23 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
The verbal gymnastics that some of you Hillary Clinton supporters use to justify her acts is quite amazing.

foundit66 08-10-2016 07:15 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 834022)
I'm sure you won't like this,
Clinton: I didn't generate any 'top secret' emails - POLITICO
So, yeah, she admitted that she was too incompetent to realize those messages were top secret.

:no
Wow. It's amazing to see some people try to make apple juice out of oranges.
First off, she didn't generate any top secret emails.
Other people sending top secret emails through that server would not be something she would automatically privy to. She doesn't automatically read EVERYBODY's email that goes through that server.
Moreover, she's saying she hasn't been informed about which of other people's emails had been identified as having the higher security classification. Other people made the determination, and she had not yet been briefed on the other people's assessments.

So no.
NOWHERE did she say she was "incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information". :rolls


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 834022)
I would think recognizing that would be a basic job requirement for a Secretary of State and a President.

You haven't a clue about what actually was occurring, do you.
Do you think she should be cognizant of EVERY EMAIL that went through that server?
Is that seriously the argument you are trying to put forth?

Cause that's a requirement of the nonsense argument you are throwing out there... :rolls


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 834023)
The verbal gymnastics that some of you Hillary Clinton supporters use to justify her acts is quite amazing.

The lack of reading skills of some of you Hillary haters is quite amazing.
I am not trying to "justify" anything.
I am preventing you from making an absolutely b.s. statement.

300 H and H 08-10-2016 07:18 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by foundit66 (Post 834028)
:no
Wow. It's amazing to see some people try to make apple juice out of oranges.
First off, she didn't generate any top secret emails.
Other people sending top secret emails through that server would not be something she would automatically privy to. She doesn't automatically read EVERYBODY's email that goes through that server.
Moreover, she's saying she hasn't been informed about which of other people's emails had been identified as having the higher security classification. Other people made the determination, and she had not yet been briefed on the other people's assessments.

So no.
NOWHERE did she say she was "incompetent when it comes to matters of national security and top secret information". :rolls



You haven't a clue about what actually was occurring, do you.
Do you think she should be cognizant of EVERY EMAIL that went through that server?
Is that seriously the argument you are trying to put forth?

Cause that's a requirement of the nonsense argument you are throwing out there... :rolls



The lack of reading skills of some of you Hillary haters is quite amazing.
I am not trying to "justify" anything.
I am preventing you from making an absolutely b.s. statement.

:funny

foundit66 08-10-2016 07:21 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 H and H (Post 834029)
:funny

If you have anything intelligent to say, let me know. :wave
Until then, I'll recognize when somebody is trying to mock something they clearly don't understand.

AZRWinger 08-11-2016 07:39 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 833712)
Honestly, I think Trump is dangerous to my country. To my kids. To the economy. To our foreign relations and to our public discourse. I think he is thin skinned and doesn't have what it takes to be POTUS. Hillary doesn't twitter every time someone trashes her. She is tougher than Trump. Trump is like a spoiled rich kid. Know why? Because that is what he is. He tells the Khan family he has sacrificed. WTF has he sacrificed except his two previous wives? C'mon man. You are not as dumb as some others. You have to get this.

Hillary doesn’t have to use social media because all her campaign has to do is notify the media which anti Trump lie they are to make the number one issue of the day. After having declared Hillary Clinton the inevitable next President the determination to act as an extension of Hillary's campaign. :thumbsup As WaPo editor Bob Woodward confessed, they have 25 reporters assigned to inundate their coverage with anti Trump opposition research. But it is Trump who is Un Presidential for using social media.:rolls

Hillary Clinton presided over one of the worst periods of US foreign policy in the last 50 years. The ME is in flames, Russia and China are on the rise, terrorist attacks are routine in the US and Europe, Obama is negotiating with Vietnam to export more American jobs and under Hillary your kids will be saddled with paying for NATO deadbeats. My, what wonderful prospects in foreign policy Hillary Clinton offers more of the same.:o

After 8 years of the Obama economy mired in the slowest recovery since 1949 with the lowest labor force participation rate in 40 years and record numbers of Americans on food stamps and disability you are worried about Trump who has created tens of thousands of jobs wrecking the economy. :rolls How's that GDP growth doing under the economic policies Hillary promises to continue? Oh wait, Hillary promises to put Bill Internet Bubble in charge of the economy, joy.:eek

Do you actually have any rationale behind attacking Trump as so worrisome or is it because he refuses to sit silentlywhile the Democrats and their media enablers slime him?

AZRWinger 08-11-2016 08:30 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by foundit66 (Post 833723)
:brickwall
You don't seem to get it.
The reason why there was a multi-million dollar investigation is because Repubs turned it into political persecution. :mad

You are trying to change the discussion.
Previous presidents were guilty of the same crimes.
But previous opposition parties didn't try to turn it into the big stink that exists today.


Last president.
Flashback: Rove Erases 22 Million White House Emails on Private Server at Height of U.S. Attorney Scandal – Media Yawns | Pensito Review



You SERIOUSLY did not try to bring up "FBI's recommendation".
Let me remind you of the CURRENT situation and their recommendation...
F.B.I. Director James Comey Recommends No Charges for Hillary Clinton on Email
To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

The REAL difference here is that Repubs today are trying to turn it into political persecution when they did NOT HOLD THEMSELVES up to the same standards in previous situations. :mad




Mikeyy answered.
I'll throw in my two cents.
I do not love Hillary.
I have REPEATEDLY said this election comes down to the lesser of two evils in a way that I have never seen a previous presidential election epitomize that phrase.

Trump is dangerous.
The man has a fragile ego and doesn't have the intelligence to walk away from even the most trivial fights.
Donald Trump 'asked why US couldn't use nuclear weapons if he becomes president'

He is the worse of the two.

The reason I don't follow down your particular rabbit hole is because it would require discarding the facts of Hillary's illegal server. The FBI began its investigation after Hillary's State Department chums determined a number of her emails contained classified information. After keeping her server secret for more than 2 years, clear evidence of consciousness of guilt, Hillary was forced to turn the server over to the FBI. No doubt Republicans supported investigating Hillary's criminal breach of national security. In a shameful display of unbridled partisanship Democrats cried fouland began whining about persecution.:rolls

It's ironic you chose the made up Democrat partisan scandal of Bush replacing US assistant attorneys general's as proof Democrats don't engage in political persecution, obviously the spoon fed talking points you recite omitted the fact the US AG's serve at the President's pleasure. Oh wait, at the time Democrats devoted much braying to preaching how essential it was for the DOJ to be above politics but that was before Bill Clinton's little runway get together with Obama's AG. :rolls

Indeed Comey did give Hillary a get out of jail free card but only after cataloging her extensive criminal activity. Despite the fact the law does not require intent and that veteran former Federal prosecutors have since shown Hillary's actions demonstrated intent, Comey the Republican let her off. Got that? A Republican let Hillary walk on a made up requirement for absolute proof of intent, clearly a case of political persecution. ;) Or do you not get it?

ShivaTD 08-11-2016 08:39 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 831464)
There is no comparison between the treatment of General Petraeus and Hillary Clinton. As the former commander of US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as CIA director, Petraeus was a threat to Obama's retreat and defeat strategy. What better way to neutralize the threat than to discredit him with a criminal conviction for violating national security. Despite the abundant and irrefutable evidence of Hillary's and the absence of a requirement for intent Hillary has suffered not so much as an indictment for her massive breach of national security. The difference in treatment should surprise no one, Hillary is far better connected politically.:eek

Only the first sentence of this is accurate. The rest is BS partisan lies.

There was a huge difference between Petraeus and Clinton of course.

Petraeus turned over nine volumes of his personal journals that contained massive amounts of secret and even top secret information to a civilian outside of the government that didn't have either the security clearance or the need to know this information.

Hillary Clinton included a very limited amount of classified and even a more limited number of secret information in email correspondence with those in our government that had both the security clearance and the need to know in the performance of her duties as the Secretary of State.

The levels of the violations of the law between Petraeus and Clinton could be compared, by analogy, as the difference between a boulder to a grain of sand.

Even Fox News, the mouthpiece of the Republican Party, openly admitted there was no comparison between the Petraeus investigation where prosecution was warranted and the Clinton investigation where no prosecution was warranted.

Similarities lacking in Clinton, Petraeus investigations | Fox News

This crap that there was any political involvement, bias, interventionism, or influence is pure right-wing horse manure. The cases are vastly different from a legal standpoint.

Mikeyy 08-11-2016 08:43 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
The difficult thing for the right when you post something like this is that it takes thought, even handedness, objectiveness and the ability to put your hate and bias aside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaTD (Post 834073)
Only the first sentence of this is accurate. The rest is BS partisan lies.

There was a huge difference between Petraeus and Clinton of course.

Petraeus turned over nine volumes of his personal journals that contained massive amounts of secret and even top secret information to a civilian outside of the government that didn't have either the security clearance or the need to know this information.

Hillary Clinton included a very limited amount of classified and even a more limited number of secret information in email correspondence with those in our government that had both the security clearance and the need to know in the performance of her duties as the Secretary of State.

The levels of the violations of the law between Petraeus and Clinton could be compared, by analogy, as the difference between a boulder to a grain of sand.

Even Fox News, the mouthpiece of the Republican Party, openly admitted there was no comparison between the Petraeus investigation where prosecution was warranted and the Clinton investigation where no prosecution was warranted.

Similarities lacking in Clinton, Petraeus investigations | Fox News

This crap that there was any political involvement, bias, interventionism, or influence is pure right-wing horse manure. The cases are vastly different from a legal standpoint.


ShivaTD 08-11-2016 08:48 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 834072)
Indeed Comey did give Hillary a get out of jail free card but only after cataloging her extensive criminal activity.

More right-wing horse manure. Hillary Clinton didn't engage in extensive criminal activities.

There was a very limited amount of classified information and almost no secret materials found in her emails and, to the best of our knowledge, none of this information was shared with anyone outside of the government. Everyone it was shared with had the security clearance and the need to know necessary for the classified and secret information contained. All of it related to the conducting of State Department business.

Hillary Clinton was attempting to do her job as the Secretary of State and that makes a huge difference in evaluating the case. Yes, there were minor lapses because inappropriate information was included in emails but those lapses didn't warrant prosecution under the law.

If you actually studied the law you would know that government officials are often protected from criminal prosecution for minor inadvertent violations of the law in the performance of their duties. They can be open to civil prosecution but not to criminal prosecution in many cases. Hillary Clinton committed minor inadvertent violations of the law in the performance of her duties as Sect of State.

foundit66 08-11-2016 04:28 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 834072)
The reason I don't follow down your particular rabbit hole is because it would require discarding the facts of Hillary's illegal server.

:no :no :no
NOT "discarding".
But rather giving it the exact same treatment as when this exact same thing has happened repeatedly in the past.

Did anybody lynch Rove and Bush over their private email server?
Did anybody demand federal prosecution over this? :no
Was there an extensive FBI investigation to identify what secret emails were on there?
:rolls

And the most important question.
DID ANYBODY GO TO JAIL over that?


Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 834072)
It's ironic you chose the made up Democrat partisan scandal of Bush replacing US assistant attorneys general's as proof Democrats don't engage in political persecution...

Who the hell are you talking to?
Where did I mention anything about that in this thread?

I swear. It doesn't matter what people really say. You just rant on whatever you want to in your replies... :rolls

AZRWinger 08-12-2016 07:11 AM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaTD (Post 834073)
Only the first sentence of this is accurate. The rest is BS partisan lies.

There was a huge difference between Petraeus and Clinton of course.

Petraeus turned over nine volumes of his personal journals that contained massive amounts of secret and even top secret information to a civilian outside of the government that didn't have either the security clearance or the need to know this information.

Hillary Clinton included a very limited amount of classified and even a more limited number of secret information in email correspondence with those in our government that had both the security clearance and the need to know in the performance of her duties as the Secretary of State.

The levels of the violations of the law between Petraeus and Clinton could be compared, by analogy, as the difference between a boulder to a grain of sand.

Even Fox News, the mouthpiece of the Republican Party, openly admitted there was no comparison between the Petraeus investigation where prosecution was warranted and the Clinton investigation where no prosecution was warranted.

Similarities lacking in Clinton, Petraeus investigations | Fox News

This crap that there was any political involvement, bias, interventionism, or influence is pure right-wing horse manure. The cases are vastly different from a legal standpoint.

When you claim Hillary Clinton had a limited amount of classified emails on her illegal server, are you seriously claiming in excess of 2,000 emails including top secret and above classification is somehow minimal? Oh but wait, Comey testified the FBI recovered thousands of emails Hillary failed to turn over but they were available to her lawyers and Bill and whoever else had access to her private server. There is even an email from Hillary instructing one of her staffers to strip classified markings from an email and send it to Hillary's illegal server. :rolls Hillary obviously with deliberate intent exposed classified materials to people not authorised to see it but she was not prosecuted unlike Petraeus. :thumbsup

Remember Edward Snowden, the NSA system administrator with access to a massive amount of classified data? Hillary gave the same level complete access to her classified emails to her IT support person on her personal payroll. In addition to deliberately storing classified data in an insecure location, it is in arguable Hillary gave this unauthorized person access to her emails including classified materials. But don't worry, Obama's DOJ gave him immunity from prosecution shielding Hillary Clinton from any incriminating evidence he might give. Too bad for Petraeus he didn’t have Hillary's connections.:o

Just last weekend Hillary admitted that she lied to the American people about her email server claiming it was "brain freeze" or some such nonsense. She claimed she was truthful to the FBI but unlike Petraeus no recording or transcript of her interview was made. Instead, FBI agents wrote a summary report of Hillary's interview deliberately blinding the FBI from any evidence of perjury. No doubt Petraeus would have liked such favorable treatment. :thumbsup

Even the article you linked can't help but point out the obvious differences between how Petraeus and Hillary's cases were handled. The author claims prosecuting Hillary would have set a dangerous precedent given how carelessly the Washington elites handle classified materials but of course ignores Petraeus's prosecution in the warning. You see, the mistake Petraeus made was prosecuted but Hillary Clinton is above the law.:o

treedancer 08-12-2016 12:49 PM

Re: No One Should Be Above the Law
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 833528)

Why the heck do liberals want to promote her?

Because she's not tRump.:thumbsup


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0