Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Opinions & Editorials (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/opinions-editorials/)
-   -   Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/opinions-editorials/46105-judge-jeanine-mitt-romney-awoke-sleeping-giant.html)

Kert 03-07-2016 11:30 AM

Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
She trashes Mitt pretty good.




jimbo 03-07-2016 11:53 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kert (Post 805969)
She trashes Mitt pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGlyFyghRk

Mitt and the rest of the DC elite need trashing. IMO she is spot on.

Mitt and his buddies is what Trumpsters are all about.

WallyWager 03-07-2016 12:07 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Mitt's probably the wrong person calling someone else a phony, a fraud, someone who's without a core, but he's not wrong.

Kert 03-07-2016 04:20 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
It is too bad. There is really no one to vote for this time around on either side. There is no lesser of the two evils. One has to think though why is the media, the DNC, the RNC and just about everyone else against Trump but yet Trump is bringing in record numbers for voters for the Caucus's. Confusing.

Gingrich Throws Cold Water On Romney Nomination At Convention


Gingrich Throws Cold Water On Romney Nomination At Convention


Quote:

Former Republican presidential candidate and House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) on Monday morning said that given his speech opposing Donald Trump last week, Mitt Romney has not positioned himself to become the nominee at a contested convention.

"Look, I think if Mitt had really wanted to maneuver for the nomination, he wouldn't have given the speech he gave last week," Gingrich said on "Fox and Friends," referencing a Sunday interview in which Romney dodged a question about whether he would accept requests to become the nominee at a contested convention.

Gingrich said that Romney's speech was "so harsh and so intense" that he would be "unacceptable" as the nominee to Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).

"It was such a vitriolic and nasty speech that it guaranteed that the guy who currently has the most votes and the most momentum would never accept Romney as sort of the draft of the convention," he added.

The former speaker said that there's a chance the primary could lead to a contested convention.

saltwn 03-07-2016 04:37 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kert (Post 805969)
She trashes Mitt pretty good.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGlyFyghRk

yes the reagan amnesty in 1986

a reality tv personality commenting on a reality tv personality
mitt was a stupid choice to speak and traditional republicans created an atmosphere where trump could get on the ticket.
but a vote for trump is still a wrong vote imho.
if anyone thinks trump will help not hurt america they are wrong

AZRWinger 03-07-2016 05:18 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Romney has become the leader of the establishment Republicans suicide cult. This is a movement not to raise one of the candidates to the nomination but to deny the popular choice so the party elites can trot out someone pleasing to them not the primary voters as the Presidential nominee. :eek

AZRWinger 03-07-2016 05:24 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyWager (Post 805973)
Mitt's probably the wrong person calling someone else a phony, a fraud, someone who's without a core, but he's not wrong.

Spewing these lies and hate filled invective against Trump is wrong no matter what person does it. There is nothing dignified or Presidential in personally attacking Trump or claiming he is dishonest whIle ignoring Hillary's multiple felonies.:rolls

saltwn 03-07-2016 05:40 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 806014)
Spewing these lies and hate filled invective against Trump is wrong no matter what person does it. There is nothing dignified or Presidential in personally attacking Trump or claiming he is dishonest whIle ignoring Hillary's multiple felonies.:rolls

There is nothing dignified or Presidential in Trump

FrancSevin 03-07-2016 06:03 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kert (Post 806006)
It is too bad. There is really no one to vote for this time around on either side. There is no lesser of the two evils. One has to think though why is the media, the DNC, the RNC and just about everyone else against Trump but yet Trump is bringing in record numbers for voters for the Caucus's. Confusing.

Gingrich Throws Cold Water On Romney Nomination At Convention


Gingrich Throws Cold Water On Romney Nomination At Convention

I really have to disagree with this conclusion

The Democrats have their utopian dreamer vrs a pathological liar
The GOP has it's RINO's and very intelligent contenders.

Unfortunately;

The intelligent contenders have stepped away and the liars and fakes on both sides are left. Blame who you want but the truth is this,,,; Americans made those choices in this election cycle, just as they did in the last two. It conforms to the axiom that good men do not wish to rule over other good men. I cannot swear the same about women.:rolls

Jus' Sayin";)

Kert 03-07-2016 07:40 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806016)
There is nothing dignified or Presidential in Trump

Nor the other front runner Hillary. :rolls

Lollie 03-07-2016 08:41 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806016)
There is nothing dignified or Presidential in Trump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kert (Post 806030)
Nor the other front runner Hillary.

I agree with both of you.

saltwn 03-08-2016 12:04 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kert (Post 806030)
Nor the other front runner Hillary. :rolls

I aint no stinkin Hillary supporter doesnt take away from the fact trump is an embarrassment to humanity

AZRWinger 03-08-2016 09:16 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806061)
I aint no stinkin Hillary supporter doesnt take away from the fact trump is an embarrassment to humanity

Funny how the same Democrat slime machine that brought us such "dignified" rhetoric as "Romney killed my wife" and that lauds a President Obama when he eschews the Constitution in favor of pen and phone suddenly turns into Victorian era lecturers on propriety when a popular Republican is the subjecr. :rolls

MrLiberty 03-08-2016 10:14 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Romney's speech told me that the republicans are all about the party and the hell with the country.

While republican elites have cried about what will become of the republican party if Trump is elected, Trump has been talking about how to make this country great again.

Trump cares about the country, republicans care about themselves. :mad

AZRWinger 03-08-2016 11:05 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLiberty (Post 806129)
Romney's speech told me that the republicans are all about the party and the hell with the country.

While republican elites have cried about what will become of the republican party if Trump is elected, Trump has been talking about how to make this country great again.

Trump cares about the country, republicans care about themselves. :mad

It is important to make the distinction between Republicans as a group and the suicide cult of establishment Republicans. :thumbsup

saltwn 03-08-2016 01:55 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLiberty (Post 806129)
Romney's speech told me that the republicans are all about the party and the hell with the country.

While republican elites have cried about what will become of the republican party if Trump is elected, Trump has been talking about how to make this country great again.

Trump cares about the country, republicans care about themselves. :mad

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 806144)
It is important to make the distinction between Republicans as a group and the suicide cult of establishment Republicans. :thumbsup

If Trump takes the bigots who think immigration is an easily solvable problem, the ones who call for carpet bombing, and if he takes the Christian right, I will stay with the establishment which will imho be much better off. :thumbsup

pjohns 03-08-2016 02:51 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806007)
if anyone thinks trump will help not hurt america they are wrong

Well, I partially agree with you.

Donald Trump is rude and crude, in my opinion. And he is a bully, and a bigot.

But Hillary Clinton--the Democrats' likely choice--would amount to a third (and perhaps even a fourth) term for Barack Obama. And America cannot stand such a move to the left, I believe.

It is likely, therefore, to come down to a choice between the lesser of two evils.

And--as much as it pains me to say it--that would probably be Donald Trump...

saltwn 03-08-2016 03:08 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806175)
Well, I partially agree with you.

Donald Trump is rude and crude, in my opinion. And he is a bully, and a bigot.

But Hillary Clinton--the Democrats' likely choice--would amount to a third (and perhaps even a fourth) term for Barack Obama. And America cannot stand such a move to the left, I believe.

It is likely, therefore, to come down to a choice between the lesser of two evils.

And--as much as it pains me to say it--that would probably be Donald Trump...

I don't know how anyone thinks Obama or Hillary are to the left. to give them a big benefit of the doubt I would say conservative lite. in truth they are more moderate conservative. :yes

Lumara 03-08-2016 03:41 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806016)
There is nothing dignified or Presidential in Trump

I don't understand your point. Since there is nothing dignified or presidential in the current occupant of the White House, so what?

saltwn 03-08-2016 05:10 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumara (Post 806179)
I don't understand your point. Since there is nothing dignified or presidential in the current occupant of the White House, so what?


if you dont think president obama and every president before him is more decent than trump i cannot communicate with you at all. good day

pjohns 03-09-2016 02:28 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806176)
I don't know how anyone thinks Obama or Hillary are to the left. to give them a big benefit of the doubt I would say conservative lite. in truth they are more moderate conservative. :yes

My jaw simply dropped when I read this.

Hillary Clinton is attempting to run to the left of Bernie Sanders--who is an admitted democratic socialist.

And Barack Obama is (easily!) the most left-leaning president of my lifetime...

ShivaTD 03-09-2016 02:45 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
A sleeping giant? Can anyone actually be serious. We're talking a about a minority of a political party that's basically superior to the Libertarian Party that only has about 300,000 paid active members in the ranking of political parties. Republican Party membership is often cited to be about 30 million but the vast majority of those aren't paid members of the Republican Party. They're "registered voters" that want to vote in the Republican primaries and card carrying (paid) party members.

Of course even if we take that number of 30 million registed Republicans seriously it only represents about 15% of all registered voters in the United States.

A sleeping giant? The entire Republican Party more like a hamster in a herd of elephants.

jamesrage 03-09-2016 05:15 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kert (Post 805969)
She trashes Mitt pretty good.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGlyFyghRk

Romney is right about Trump being a fraud and phony.But considering the fact he governed Massachusetts as a liberal and did a 180 to run for president its like the pot calling the kettle black.Its like the black panthers calling skinheads a bunch of racists. They are right but they have to no room to talk.

saltwn 03-09-2016 07:14 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806306)
My jaw simply dropped when I read this.

Hillary Clinton is attempting to run to the left of Bernie Sanders--who is an admitted democratic socialist.

And Barack Obama is (easily!) the most left-leaning president of my lifetime...

their words pander to the left. they are certainly scared to go there

AZRWinger 03-10-2016 08:20 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaTD (Post 806311)
A sleeping giant? Can anyone actually be serious. We're talking a about a minority of a political party that's basically superior to the Libertarian Party that only has about 300,000 paid active members in the ranking of political parties. Republican Party membership is often cited to be about 30 million but the vast majority of those aren't paid members of the Republican Party. They're "registered voters" that want to vote in the Republican primaries and card carrying (paid) party members.

Of course even if we take that number of 30 million registed Republicans seriously it only represents about 15% of all registered voters in the United States.

A sleeping giant? The entire Republican Party more like a hamster in a herd of elephants.

According to Wiki party affiliation runs around 39% - 41% Republican among Americans. For perspective, Democrat affiliation runs 40% - 42% .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poli...in_U.S._states

The claim that the Republican party is just an insignificant minority is utter nonsense.

ShivaTD 03-10-2016 08:56 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 806448)
According to Wiki party affiliation runs around 39% - 41% Republican among Americans. For perspective, Democrat affiliation runs 40% - 42% .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poli...in_U.S._states

The claim that the Republican party is just an insignificant minority is utter nonsense.

I'm not sure where Wikipedia is getting it's information but based upon a January 2015 Gallup Poll 26% identify themselves as being Republicans, 30% identify themselves as being Democrats, and 43% identify themselves as being Independents.

In U.S., New Record 43% Are Political Independents

Trump has been securing about 35% of the Republican primary vote and that would only represent about 8.75% of the people but it's actually much less because of the extremely low turn-out for primary elections. As noted this small precentage really represents a hamster in a herd of elephants.

This isn't the real problem for Republicans of course. The real problem is that Trump only has a 33% approval rating and a whopping 60% disapproval rating. This is the worst disapproval rating of any presidential candidate in recent history and it alone would prevent Trump from ever being elected President (we can thank our lucky stars).

Gallup: Trump disapproval at record 60% | Washington Examiner

Hell, Trump couldn't even defeat President Obama if Obama was running again because Obama's sitting on a 50% approval rating this week.

Obama's Job Approval at Highest Level Since May 2013

As I've mentioned previously the GOP leadership is justifiably concerned about Trump possibly becoming the Republican candidate for president because he's a slam-dunk loser in the general election. It could be the greatest landslide loss in Republican history because Trump could actually lose in all 50 states because the vast majority of Americans, including a significant number of Republicans, can't stand him.

AZRWinger 03-10-2016 10:56 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaTD (Post 806452)
I'm not sure where Wikipedia is getting it's information but based upon a January 2015 Gallup Poll 26% identify themselves as being Republicans, 30% identify themselves as being Democrats, and 43% identify themselves as being Independents.

In U.S., New Record 43% Are Political Independents

Trump has been securing about 35% of the Republican primary vote and that would only represent about 8.75% of the people but it's actually much less because of the extremely low turn-out for primary elections. As noted this small precentage really represents a hamster in a herd of elephants.

This isn't the real problem for Republicans of course. The real problem is that Trump only has a 33% approval rating and a whopping 60% disapproval rating. This is the worst disapproval rating of any presidential candidate in recent history and it alone would prevent Trump from ever being elected President (we can thank our lucky stars).

Gallup: Trump disapproval at record 60% | Washington Examiner

Hell, Trump couldn't even defeat President Obama if Obama was running again because Obama's sitting on a 50% approval rating this week.

Obama's Job Approval at Highest Level Since May 2013

As I've mentioned previously the GOP leadership is justifiably concerned about Trump possibly becoming the Republican candidate for president because he's a slam-dunk loser in the general election. It could be the greatest landslide loss in Republican history because Trump could actually lose in all 50 states because the vast majority of Americans, including a significant number of Republicans, can't stand him.

The wiki numbers deal with the party affiliations same as your claim the Republican party is a small minority. Even the numbers you present show only a 4% gap between Republicans and Democrats. Despite the obvious defenestration of your claim Republicans are an insignificant minority.:o

Oh but wait, let's change the subject to Donald Trump and another baseless claim that since he gets 30 something percent of votes in the primary he is supported by only a minority of Republicans never mind that Trump is running in a field of up to 17 candidates.:rolls

Point out a false claim, you respond with another false claim.;)

jimbo 03-10-2016 12:14 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaTD (Post 806452)
I'm not sure where Wikipedia is getting it's information but based upon a January 2015 Gallup Poll 26% identify themselves as being Republicans, 30% identify themselves as being Democrats, and 43% identify themselves as being Independents.

In U.S., New Record 43% Are Political Independents

Trump has been securing about 35% of the Republican primary vote and that would only represent about 8.75% of the people but it's actually much less because of the extremely low turn-out for primary elections. As noted this small precentage really represents a hamster in a herd of elephants.

This isn't the real problem for Republicans of course. The real problem is that Trump only has a 33% approval rating and a whopping 60% disapproval rating. This is the worst disapproval rating of any presidential candidate in recent history and it alone would prevent Trump from ever being elected President (we can thank our lucky stars).

Gallup: Trump disapproval at record 60% | Washington Examiner

Hell, Trump couldn't even defeat President Obama if Obama was running again because Obama's sitting on a 50% approval rating this week.

Obama's Job Approval at Highest Level Since May 2013

As I've mentioned previously the GOP leadership is justifiably concerned about Trump possibly becoming the Republican candidate for president because he's a slam-dunk loser in the general election. It could be the greatest landslide loss in Republican history because Trump could actually lose in all 50 states because the vast majority of Americans, including a significant number of Republicans, can't stand him.

Hillary doesn't fare all that much better.

POLLSTER DATES POP. FAVORABLE UNFAVORABLE UNDECIDED MARGIN
Morning Consult 3/4 - 3/6 2,019 RV 43 54 3 Unfavorable +11
ABC/Post 3/3 - 3/6 1,000 A 46 52 2 Unfavorable +6
NBC/WSJ 3/3 - 3/6 1,200 RV 38 51 11 Unfavorable +13
Gallup 2/26 - 3/3 A 41 53 - Unfavorable +12
Morning Consult 2/26 - 2/27 2,002 RV 44 53 3 Unfavorable +9
CNN 2/24 - 2/27 920 RV 42 55 3 Unfavorable +13
YouGov/Economist 2/24 - 2/27 1,980 A 41 54 5 Unfavorable +13
McLaughlin (R) 2/11 - 2/17 1,000 LV 38 59 4 Unfavorable +21
Morning Consult 2/15 - 2/16 1,763 RV 43 53 5 Unfavorable +10
NBC/WSJ 2/14 - 2/16 800 RV 37 50 14 Unfavorable +13

It's a long way to go before November, but Hillary is working hard to catch up.

BTW, Obama won't be running in 2016.

pjohns 03-10-2016 01:43 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806370)
their words pander to the left. they are certainly scared to go there

Well, Barack Obama certainly does not appear to be "scared to go there."

In fact, he has already gone there...

saltwn 03-10-2016 02:14 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806532)
Well, Barack Obama certainly does not appear to be "scared to go there."

In fact, he has already gone there...

According to exit polls in 2008, Obama ended up with 20 percent of the conservative vote. Even in 2012, after four years of relentless conservative attacks, he still got 17 percent of the conservative vote, with 11 percent of Tea Party supporters saying they cast their ballots for Obama.

prominent conservatives and Republicans who were openly supporting Obama in 2008:

Ken Duberstein, Ronald Reagan’s chief of staff; Charles Fried, Reagan’s solicitor general; Ken Adelman, director of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency for Reagan; Jeffrey Hart, longtime senior editor of National Review; Colin Powell, Reagan’s national security adviser and secretary of state for George W. Bush; and Scott McClellan, Bush’s press secretary. There were many others as well.

According to exit polls in 2008, Obama ended up with 20 percent of the conservative vote. Even in 2012, after four years of relentless conservative attacks, he still got 17 percent of the conservative vote, with 11 percent of Tea Party supporters saying they cast their ballots for Obama.

They were not wrong. In my opinion, Obama has governed as a moderate conservative—essentially as what used to be called a liberal Republican before all such people disappeared from the GOP. He has been conservative to exactly the same degree that Richard Nixon basically governed as a moderate liberal, something no conservative would deny today. (Ultra-leftist Noam Chomsky recently called Nixon “the last liberal president.”)

Another early indication of Obama’s hawkishness was naming his rival for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state. During the campaign, Clinton ran well to his right on foreign policy, so much so that she earned the grudging endorsement of prominent neoconservatives such as Bill Kristol and David Brooks.

Obama, Kristol told the Washington Post in August 2007, “is becoming the antiwar candidate, and Hillary Clinton is becoming the responsible Democrat who could become commander in chief in a post-9/11 world.” Writing in the New York Times on February 5, 2008, Brooks praised Clinton for hanging tough on Iraq “through the dark days of 2005.”

Right-wing columnist Ann Coulter found Clinton more acceptable on national-security policy than even the eventual Republican nominee, Senator McCain.

After Obama named Clinton secretary of state, there was “a deep sigh” of relief among Republicans throughout Washington, according to reporting by The Daily Beast’s John Batchelor. He noted that not a single Republican voiced any public criticism of her appointment.

By 2011, Republicans were so enamored with Clinton’s support for their policies that Dick Cheney even suggested publicly that she run against Obama in 2012...Obama Is a Republican | The American Conservative

and here's more if you care to take the time to read some of it:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ervative/?_r=0

and in what Obama said vs what he actually did: Obama the Conservative | Tracking Obama's abandoning of the progressive agenda, and the disconnect between his words and deeds.

Hairy Jello 03-10-2016 03:00 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Mitt Romney? Why in the name of f*ck would we listen to political advice from someone who couldn't beat the worst president in the history of this country? It's like taking health advice from Marlon Brando's former fitness instructor.

pjohns 03-11-2016 10:31 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806536)
According to exit polls in 2008, Obama ended up with 20 percent of the conservative vote. Even in 2012, after four years of relentless conservative attacks, he still got 17 percent of the conservative vote, with 11 percent of Tea Party supporters saying they cast their ballots for Obama.

I really do not know how this figure was derived.

But even if we were to take it at face value, that would mean that Barack Obama did not receive 89 percent of the vote from "Tea Party supporters," or 83 percent of "the conservative vote."

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806536)
In my opinion, Obama has governed as a moderate conservative—essentially as what used to be called a liberal Republican before all such people disappeared from the GOP.

Although I do not agree with this assessment--I would say that Barack Obama has governed as a democratic socialist--I certainly have no use for "liberal Republican[s]"; and I am very glad that they have virtually "disappeared from the GOP."

ShivaTD 03-11-2016 10:42 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806666)
I certainly have no use for "liberal Republican[s]"; and I am very glad that they have virtually "disappeared from the GOP."

So you're basically saying that now that the positive element within the Republican Party that historically fought for racial and gender equality and opposed discrimination and oppression you're glad because now the Republican Party can really be the "Party of Angry White Men" that are willing to oppress anyone to retain White Male Supremacy in our social, economic, and political institutions.

GOT IT.

saltwn 03-11-2016 01:33 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806666)
I really do not know how this figure was derived.

But even if we were to take it at face value, that would mean that Barack Obama did not receive 89 percent of the vote from "Tea Party supporters," or 83 percent of "the conservative vote."

yes 20 is not 89

Although I do not agree with this assessment--I would say that Barack Obama has governed as a democratic socialist--I certainly have no use for "liberal Republican[s]"; and I am very glad that they have virtually "disappeared from the GOP."

if only that were true

pjohns 03-11-2016 08:53 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaTD (Post 806671)
So you're basically saying that now that the positive element within the Republican Party that historically fought for racial and gender equality and opposed discrimination and oppression you're glad because now the Republican Party can really be the "Party of Angry White Men" that are willing to oppress anyone to retain White Male Supremacy in our social, economic, and political institutions.

GOT IT.

No.

That is what you said--not what I said.

But anyone who truly believes that most Republicans are bigots would doubtless interpret it that way...

pjohns 03-11-2016 08:56 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 806681)
if only that were true

If only what were true, exactly? That Barack Obama has governed as a democratic socialist? Or that liberal Republicans are nearly extinct?

saltwn 03-11-2016 09:13 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806752)
If only what were true, exactly? That Barack Obama has governed as a democratic socialist? Or that liberal Republicans are nearly extinct?

:thumbsup

AZRWinger 03-12-2016 11:12 AM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806666)
I really do not know how this figure was derived.

But even if we were to take it at face value, that would mean that Barack Obama did not receive 89 percent of the vote from "Tea Party supporters," or 83 percent of "the conservative vote."



Although I do not agree with this assessment--I would say that Barack Obama has governed as a democratic socialist--I certainly have no use for "liberal Republican[s]"; and I am very glad that they have virtually "disappeared from the GOP."

There is nothing remotely democratic about Pen and Phone governing by executive decree because Congress didn’t give him what he wanted. From making illegal recess appointments to illegally rewriting immigration law giving amnesty to millions Obama has governed like the Cuban dictators he is so intent on "transforming" the US to mirror.:devil

WallyWager 03-12-2016 12:01 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 806014)
Spewing these lies and hate filled invective against Trump is wrong no matter what person does it. There is nothing dignified or Presidential in personally attacking Trump or claiming he is dishonest whIle ignoring Hillary's multiple felonies.:rolls

What lies or hatred? Drama queen much? Lol

jimbo 03-12-2016 12:54 PM

Re: Judge Jeanine: Mitt Romney awoke a sleeping giant
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 806751)
No.

That is what you said--not what I said.

But anyone who truly believes that most Republicans are bigots would doubtless interpret it that way...

Shiva's political stance can be summed up in two sentences:

It's some Republican's fault.

It's racist.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0