Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss But Is he Viable? at the General Forum; I wrote this back in 2009... Originally Posted by cnredd I've said this before... McCain was turned on by the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack (8) Thread Tools Display Modes
  8 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 04:52 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,690
Thanks: 1,917
Thanked 31,377 Times in 18,367 Posts
Default But Is he Viable?

I wrote this back in 2009...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd
I've said this before...

McCain was turned on by the press because of one reason and one reason only...

The press will almost ALWAYS root for the most viable and left person...

When the press rooted FOR McCain, it was because he was challenging Bush's policies...

McCain is to the left of Bush, so he got the nod...

But when it looked (early on) that he was going to go against Hillary, then it CHANGED...Why?...

Because Hillary is to the left of McCain, so she got the nod...

But Hillary ended up getting the 180 when Obama gained steam and overtook her in the primaries?...Why?...

Because Obama is to the left of Hillary, so he got the nod...

And because Obama is further left than Hillary, he's obviously further to the left than McCain...Slam dunk for the press...

This is the way it is on 99.999% of ANY issue...

You give me 2 names and it's almost a guarantee that the press will root for the person that sits more to the left...Irrelevant of the topic...Irrelevant of the facts...Irrelevant of the statements made...
The media has a problem right now...

Obviously, the're going to push the nominee for The Democrat Party...That's not even up for debate...

But the question (at the moment unanswered) is "which nominee for the Democrat Party is the most VIABLE...

Because there's no clear answer, the media is stumped on how to portray Hillary and Bernie...

If they had their druthers, it would be Bernie...He's "admitted Socialist" and right in the media's wheelhouse...

But they also know that "admitted Socialist" probably won't work in a general election...It only works when "Socialist" is hidden and phonily denounced (see 2008/2012)...

So if they push for Bernie too hard and it doesn't work out, they shot their wad for nothing...Even worse, gained the ire of the eventual nominee (Hillary or Jar Jar Biden)...

But they ALSO have to hedge their bets...If they for push Hillary too hard, and then there's an indictment or insurmountable evidence of corruption and she needs to back out (which some on the Left think there is already), then they put all of their eggs in the wrong basket and Bernie or Jar Jar end up being the default nominee that the media didn't help because they were busy helping Hillary...No media wind at their sails...

This is why we're seeing ebbs and floes in the portrayal of Democrat candidates...They're totally confused on who to bet the house on...

In a Media-Perfect world, there'd only be one scandal-free and viable candidate for the Democrat Party nomination....The media could spend their days writing puff pieces and hero-worship, and all would be unicorns and rainbows in the editorial boards across the country...

...but in the real world, Hillary MIGHT be viable but (definitely!) NOT scandal-free...and could fall to charges and/or prosecution...

...and Bernie (so far) is scandal-free, but he MIGHT not be viable enough for the media to back that "admitted Socialist" horse...

I don't envy the media right now...They WANT to give sweet, little neck-kisses to a Democrat Party nominee, but they can't figure out which one yet...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 05:48 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,441
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 8,071 Times in 5,070 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Is Hillary still all that viable these days? Honestly I see Biden as the strongest of the three major Democratic candidates, at least with what I see through rough polling and electability in general. I like Bernie, but he's got weaknesses too like anyone else.
__________________
"Growing up really poor means realizing in your twenties that mommy was lying when she said she already ate " - Reddit poor thread
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WallyWager For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 06:31 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,907
Thanks: 7,440
Thanked 6,271 Times in 3,811 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Is Hillary still all that viable these days? Honestly I see Biden as the strongest of the three major Democratic candidates, at least with what I see through rough polling and electability in general. I like Bernie, but he's got weaknesses too like anyone else.
Mark this day and time. I'm agreeing with Wally. Assuming Biden intends to run, then Hillary (the unindicted crook), and Bernie (the self confessed independent socialist), are toast.

The problem the D's have is that they put all their eggs in the Hillary basket. The problem the R's have is that they don't understand that the R rank and file will vote against the establishment candidates.

Gonna be interesting,
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 08:56 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,998
Thanks: 6,235
Thanked 8,859 Times in 5,092 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Mark this day and time. I'm agreeing with Wally. Assuming Biden intends to run, then Hillary (the unindicted crook), and Bernie (the self confessed independent socialist), are toast.

The problem the D's have is that they put all their eggs in the Hillary basket. The problem the R's have is that they don't understand that the R rank and file will vote against the establishment candidates.

Gonna be interesting,
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,426
Thanks: 3,695
Thanked 4,727 Times in 2,778 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

I don't buy the media excuse theory.....

They go with who is ever is hot or controversial to get ratings.....

Simple as that....

Why is Trump plastered all over every MSM outlet, not because he's the most liberal that's for damn sure.....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave1 For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 09:33 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,294
Thanks: 3,811
Thanked 4,446 Times in 2,811 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
I don't buy the media excuse theory.....

They go with who is ever is hot or controversial to get ratings.....

Simple as that....

Why is Trump plastered all over every MSM outlet, not because he's the most liberal that's for damn sure.....
I completely agree, the media is about ratings.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 09:39 PM
treedancer's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St.Louis Mo.
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,409
Thanks: 853
Thanked 1,414 Times in 1,129 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I wrote this back in 2009...

The media has a problem right now...

Obviously, the're going to push the nominee for The Democrat Party...That's not even up for debate...

But the question (at the moment unanswered) is "which nominee for the Democrat Party is the most VIABLE...

Because there's no clear answer, the media is stumped on how to portray Hillary and Bernie...

If they had their druthers, it would be Bernie...He's "admitted Socialist" and right in the media's wheelhouse...

But they also know that "admitted Socialist" probably won't work in a general election...It only works when "Socialist" is hidden and phonily denounced (see 2008/2012)...

So if they push for Bernie too hard and it doesn't work out, they shot their wad for nothing...Even worse, gained the ire of the eventual nominee (Hillary or Jar Jar Biden)...

But they ALSO have to hedge their bets...If they for push Hillary too hard, and then there's an indictment or insurmountable evidence of corruption and she needs to back out (which some on the Left think there is already), then they put all of their eggs in the wrong basket and Bernie or Jar Jar end up being the default nominee that the media didn't help because they were busy helping Hillary...No media wind at their sails...

This is why we're seeing ebbs and floes in the portrayal of Democrat candidates...They're totally confused on who to bet the house on...

In a Media-Perfect world, there'd only be one scandal-free and viable candidate for the Democrat Party nomination....The media could spend their days writing puff pieces and hero-worship, and all would be unicorns and rainbows in the editorial boards across the country...

...but in the real world, Hillary MIGHT be viable but (definitely!) NOT scandal-free...and could fall to charges and/or prosecution...

...and Bernie (so far) is scandal-free, but he MIGHT not be viable enough for the media to back that "admitted Socialist" horse...

I don't envy the media right now...They WANT to give sweet, little neck-kisses to a Democrat Party nominee, but they can't figure out which one yet...


Jim Webb is,IMO,the most Viable candidate/electable candidate on the Dem side.ON the republican side as well.

Jim Webb
__________________
President Trump, the King of perpetual aggrievement.

Treedancer
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,765
Thanks: 22,219
Thanked 18,753 Times in 13,800 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Ya know I call FOX a RW channel and a cult and you have an issue with that. But you claim the "Media" will always promote the Democrat over the Republican. Funny though. Trump seems to be the flavor of the quarter so far. The "Media" hasn't sided with anyone on the left. So much for theories of victimhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I wrote this back in 2009...

The media has a problem right now...

Obviously, the're going to push the nominee for The Democrat Party...That's not even up for debate...

But the question (at the moment unanswered) is "which nominee for the Democrat Party is the most VIABLE...

Because there's no clear answer, the media is stumped on how to portray Hillary and Bernie...

If they had their druthers, it would be Bernie...He's "admitted Socialist" and right in the media's wheelhouse...

But they also know that "admitted Socialist" probably won't work in a general election...It only works when "Socialist" is hidden and phonily denounced (see 2008/2012)...

So if they push for Bernie too hard and it doesn't work out, they shot their wad for nothing...Even worse, gained the ire of the eventual nominee (Hillary or Jar Jar Biden)...

But they ALSO have to hedge their bets...If they for push Hillary too hard, and then there's an indictment or insurmountable evidence of corruption and she needs to back out (which some on the Left think there is already), then they put all of their eggs in the wrong basket and Bernie or Jar Jar end up being the default nominee that the media didn't help because they were busy helping Hillary...No media wind at their sails...

This is why we're seeing ebbs and floes in the portrayal of Democrat candidates...They're totally confused on who to bet the house on...

In a Media-Perfect world, there'd only be one scandal-free and viable candidate for the Democrat Party nomination....The media could spend their days writing puff pieces and hero-worship, and all would be unicorns and rainbows in the editorial boards across the country...

...but in the real world, Hillary MIGHT be viable but (definitely!) NOT scandal-free...and could fall to charges and/or prosecution...

...and Bernie (so far) is scandal-free, but he MIGHT not be viable enough for the media to back that "admitted Socialist" horse...

I don't envy the media right now...They WANT to give sweet, little neck-kisses to a Democrat Party nominee, but they can't figure out which one yet...
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2015, 06:39 AM
300 H and H's Avatar
newer isn't always better
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,390
Thanks: 7,474
Thanked 4,025 Times in 2,607 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Ya know I call FOX a RW channel and a cult and you have an issue with that. But you claim the "Media" will always promote the Democrat over the Republican. Funny though. Trump seems to be the flavor of the quarter so far. The "Media" hasn't sided with anyone on the left. So much for theories of victimhood.
The media is all over Trump all right. They are forever trying to make his candidacy irrelevant. They are looking for a way to destroy his chances with some form of gaff or what ever they can find to stop him. It has not worked nor will it work. America is getting wise to the fact the journalist (media) are trying to elect our politicians for us. 24/7 they are injecting their personal wishes into our political system, and we are beginning to hate them for it. Back lash against the media is one of Trumps strengths. If they could just leave him alone, they would not be helping him as they are now. Journalist should just leave their wants and desires at home and just report the news, not tell others how to think and vote. This bullsh1t of them preaching to us to vote one way or another is making THEM irrelevant to their audience.

Besides the media can't really back Hillary with all the issues she currently has. So the liberal media is attacking Republicans instead.

Once the Democrats have their parties nomination all worked out, then we will see the usual "back the left" media come out in full force. As of now they are trying to weaken anyone on the right who looks like a potential force.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,426
Thanks: 3,695
Thanked 4,727 Times in 2,778 Posts
Default Re: But Is he Viable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
The media is all over Trump all right. They are forever trying to make his candidacy irrelevant. They are looking for a way to destroy his chances with some form of gaff or what ever they can find to stop him. It has not worked nor will it work.


America is getting wise to the fact the journalist (media) are trying to elect our politicians for us.

Regards, Kirk
Good Lord.....

The media covers current news events, they cover current polling numbers and look for any sensationalism to boost their numbers....

They do not get to elect our politicians.....

~Let's use your theory Kirk, if the media loves liberals, how could a republican ever get elected.....??

Answer: Come up with an electable ticket that appeals to the masses if you want to get elected in a general.....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave1 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
but, viable

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/opinions-editorials/44475-but-he-viable.html
Posted By For Type Date
Media Bias This thread Refback 10-18-2015 01:16 PM
Doug Ross @ Journal: Larwyn's Linx: Hillary Will Grab your Guns, With or Without Congressí Help This thread Refback 10-11-2015 10:15 AM
Doug Ross @ Journal This thread Refback 10-06-2015 07:08 PM
Doug Ross @ Journal This thread Refback 10-06-2015 01:18 PM
Doug Ross @ Journal This thread Refback 10-06-2015 12:44 PM
Doug Ross @ Journal This thread Refback 10-06-2015 12:23 PM
Doug Ross @ Journal: Larwyn's Linx: Hillary Will Grab your Guns, With or Without Congressí Help This thread Refback 10-06-2015 06:28 AM
Doug Ross @ Journal This thread Refback 10-06-2015 05:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0