Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Opinions & Editorials
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opinions & Editorials Discuss Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now at the General Forum; The Dick Morris haters (as regarding which, there is surely no paucity) will doubtless recoil; but I believe that Morris ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,025
Thanks: 16,160
Thanked 5,623 Times in 3,594 Posts
Default Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

The Dick Morris haters (as regarding which, there is surely no paucity) will doubtless recoil; but I believe that Morris has some useful suggestions for the GOP, as regarding both the partial government shutdown and the upcoming debt-ceiling battle:

Quote:
1. End the shutdown immediately by passing a Continuing Resolution to fund the government EXCEPT that the subsidy lawmakers get for health insurance should be ended. The public will applaud this and God grant that Obama is dumb enough to oppose it!

2. Agree to the six week debt extension but demand in return $70 billion of spending cuts (dollar for dollar with the debt increase) AND demand that Treasury Secretary Liu commit to prioritizing the use of tax revenues to pay debt service interest in the event we bump up against the debt limit ever again, ending the risk of default.

3. In the long term debt talks, demand a dollar for dollar cut in spending for each increase in borrowing. And seek:

a. An end to the Payment Advisory Board in ObamaCare, the so-called death panels. Obama hasn't even appointed it yet.

b. Repeal of medical device tax.

c. Keystone pipeline approval.

4. Let ObamaCare die of its own troubles. Very few are signing up and the system can't work without many more signups. Let it unravel on its own.
Very good advice, in my opinion.

Oh, here is the link: What Republicans Should Do - DickMorris.com at DickMorris.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2013, 08:58 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,688
Thanks: 57,324
Thanked 26,942 Times in 19,376 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,688
Thanks: 57,324
Thanked 26,942 Times in 19,376 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

gee that's the very same thing romney ran on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,794
Thanks: 14,545
Thanked 15,862 Times in 9,077 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

Obamacare isn't going to fail by itself. Immediately after the Republicans capitulate because this weeks polls are down for them the narrative will shift to Obamacare cheer leading, the demand is so great it swamped the perfect web site, look at the wonderful subsidies and think about how much money it will save, etc. We will be told how grateful we should all be for Obama's generosity. Of course the Federal aristocracy and Obama allies will keep their exemptions.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

Mikeyy: What Dick should do now
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 01:10 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,025
Thanks: 16,160
Thanked 5,623 Times in 3,594 Posts
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Mikeyy: What Dick should do now
Once again, we see the attack-the-messenger strategy; presumably, because the attacker has no rational arguments to advance against the message itself...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 01:40 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,381
Thanks: 2,468
Thanked 39,634 Times in 21,994 Posts
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

Quote:
4. Let ObamaCare die of its own troubles. Very few are signing up and the system can't work without many more signups. Let it unravel on its own.
I disagree with this whole-heartedly...

ObamaCare is destined to destroy this country...That sounds like hyperbole, but consider the following...

1) The hours of labor added simply to do the paperwork
2) Restructured the whole country's work system by declaring 30 hours a week "fulltime" (Which the Left lets slide to their own...and everyone else's...detriment)
3) Millions (possibly ten of millions) added yet no increase in doctors
4) More and more doctors refusing to see Medicare patients because the government doesn't pay them dollar for dollar
5) Companies refusing to invest in their own company and keeping their labor force stuck at 49 because penalties ensue with 50 or more employees
6) Many companies simply refusing to offer insurance and plan on paying the penalties because the actual insurance of their workforce is too high
7) The "Doctor fix" was kept seperate from the healthcare bill to hide the cost of it ($25 billion a year in 2012...That would've added $250 billion to the 10 year outlay Obama used to pretend the bill was revenue-compliant

here's the way I see it...

Because of ObamaCare, this country WILL go off of the cliff...

If my two choices are...

A) STOP the country from going over the cliff

or...

B) Just sit and watch the country go over the cliff so I can have the satisfaction of saying "I told you so"

...I'm sorry...Saying "Hey!...I predicted this!" AFTER the damage is done is not an option for me...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,794
Thanks: 14,545
Thanked 15,862 Times in 9,077 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I disagree with this whole-heartedly...

ObamaCare is destined to destroy this country...That sounds like hyperbole, but consider the following...

1) The hours of labor added simply to do the paperwork
2) Restructured the whole country's work system by declaring 30 hours a week "fulltime" (Which the Left lets slide to their own...and everyone else's...detriment)
3) Millions (possibly ten of millions) added yet no increase in doctors
4) More and more doctors refusing to see Medicare patients because the government doesn't pay them dollar for dollar
5) Companies refusing to invest in their own company and keeping their labor force stuck at 49 because penalties ensue with 50 or more employees
6) Many companies simply refusing to offer insurance and plan on paying the penalties because the actual insurance of their workforce is too high
7) The "Doctor fix" was kept seperate from the healthcare bill to hide the cost of it ($25 billion a year in 2012...That would've added $250 billion to the 10 year outlay Obama used to pretend the bill was revenue-compliant

here's the way I see it...

Because of ObamaCare, this country WILL go off of the cliff...

If my two choices are...

A) STOP the country from going over the cliff

or...

B) Just sit and watch the country go over the cliff so I can have the satisfaction of saying "I told you so"

...I'm sorry...Saying "Hey!...I predicted this!" AFTER the damage is done is not an option for me...
I'll add another scenario which I think most likely after the Republican surrender faction begs Obama for forgiveness in a panic because this week's polls favor our President.

Obama will get his millions on the Obamacare welfare rolls. It doesn't matter how just how many. The cost of Obamacare will skyrocket because only low income people with serious health issues will sign up. The difference in quality and availability between Obamacare and private healthcare will be irresistible to redistributionists like our President. The cure of course is single payer socialized medicine so wonderful he has to be made mandatory with everything else outlawed.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Xcali's Avatar
Dog Man Entertainment Grp
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,194
Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,395 Times in 998 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Xcali
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
I'll add another scenario which I think most likely after the Republican surrender faction begs Obama for forgiveness in a panic because this week's polls favor our President.
I wonder why the Polls favor Obama?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The cost of Obamacare will skyrocket because only low income people with serious health issues will sign up.
Only problem with that scenario is the little republican idea called a MANDATE. Do you really believe that the majority of the country is going to Choose paying a fine for nothing over signing up for Insurance ?

Oh I'm sure you'll say, " Well they don't have to sign up through Obamacare".. which is correct. A young person of say 28 years old could choose to go with outside insurance just to comply with the Mandate. But when that young person compares the cost of Private insurance to one of the plans within the Obamacare program they will most likely choose the cheaper option, which will be Obamacare. They may not like the Law but most responsible people will comply with the law all the same.
__________________
“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
― Thomas Jefferson


“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,794
Thanks: 14,545
Thanked 15,862 Times in 9,077 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Dick Morris: What the GOP should do now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali View Post
I wonder why the Polls favor Obama?...



Only problem with that scenario is the little republican idea called a MANDATE. Do you really believe that the majority of the country is going to Choose paying a fine for nothing over signing up for Insurance ?

Oh I'm sure you'll say, " Well they don't have to sign up through Obamacare".. which is correct. A young person of say 28 years old could choose to go with outside insurance just to comply with the Mandate. But when that young person compares the cost of Private insurance to one of the plans within the Obamacare program they will most likely choose the cheaper option, which will be Obamacare. They may not like the Law but most responsible people will comply with the law all the same.
The recent polls favor Obama because of "free" stuff. The nonfunctional Obamacare web site preserves the illusion. The same polls show 3/4 of respondents think the country is headed in the wrong direction. That makes Obama the popular captain of the sinking ship.

The same Obama supporters following him like trained seals hoping for a sardine aren't going to sign up on mass for Obamacare's high priced policies with massive deductibles after the shoddy website gets nursed into low level functionality. The thousands of new IRS bureaucrats can only collect the Obamacare tax from refunds but I predict even that will be waived or ignored.

Enough with the phoney "Republican idea" propaganda, Obama owns Obamacare. He fought for it, shut down the government to keep it threatens to veto any changes to it by Congress even ones that mirror his imperial decrees. Nobody does that for something they don't own, it would be like putting new tires on a rental car.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
dick, gop, morris, now, should, the, what

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0