Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss The death of General Soleimani at the General Forum; Originally Posted by GetAClue But while you are on the topic of "reasonable persons", I would suggest that they are ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2020, 03:32 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,951
Thanks: 1,255
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,299 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post

But while you are on the topic of "reasonable persons", I would suggest that they are in short supply on the Democratic side of the aisle.
It's hard to be ''reasonable' when you have a Republican party that is openly corrupt and abusing all norms of our democratic process. But contrary to my own opinions, the Democratic party has been more than reasonable with the GOP, who instead of doing their constitutional duty has decided to put their own personal political or monetary well being ahead of the country.

Quote:
Perhaps then you could enlighten us to the real reason for Trump to authorize the killing of one of the worst people on the planet.
I already told you. He thought it would help him politically. It didn't because nobody in this country actually believes anything he says outside of his cult.



Quote:
Personally, I don't care if the guy had his finger on the button to launch missiles at Wash DC, or if he was making plans to retire to the South Pacific, he was guilty of so many atrocities and had the capability to commit even more. So his death was not only convenient, it was welcomed not only by honest patriots but even by many in his home country. For that I say "Great Job"!
So you don't care that the POTUS lied about the reasons why he ordered the strike? It's ok for the president to use the military to attempt to benefit him personally and politically just because you are ok with the results?


Quote:
The only question I have is why didn't Bush or Obama take out that trash when they had the chance? One can only speculate but I believe that Bush figured it would bring Iran in the conflict and Obama was too busy trying to make new Facebook friends with the Iran leaders.
Well, we've had a ban against assassination since the Cold War to curb the excesses of the CIA for one thing. Assassinations are not allowed under law. But that's no really why, its because the ends didn't justify the means. And lets not pretend that this white house has any idea what they are doing as far as a strategy here. tRUmp did this simply to benefit himself, not our national security.


Quote:
2012? I don't remember Trump holding any elected office at that time. Try again.
The point is, tRUmp used his business to help a terrorist organization launder money. In fact, helping criminals launder money is a primary component of the tRUmp business model. You don't understand why that is a problem for someone who is the President of the United States of America??
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 272.

-- SOURCE --

"I desperately want to be optimistic for the GOP because the nation needs it to be healthy and thriving, but looking at it now, it's hard to see it as anything other than unsalvageable. Worse, it's truly become a menace to liberty in America."
- Evan McMullin
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2020, 06:36 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,096
Thanks: 7,423
Thanked 5,091 Times in 2,900 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
It's hard to be ''reasonable' when you have a Republican party that is openly corrupt and abusing all norms of our democratic process. But contrary to my own opinions, the Democratic party has been more than reasonable with the GOP, who instead of doing their constitutional duty has decided to put their own personal political or monetary well being ahead of the country.
Not even sure where to begin as apparently you are not familiar with our form of a Representative Republic. Since Trump was elected and assumed the office, Democrats have ignored pretty much everything outside of Impeachment. And with Impeachment, they have gone so far off the rails as to make a mockery of the process. But because they hate Trump as much as you do, you don't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
I already told you. He thought it would help him politically. It didn't because nobody in this country actually believes anything he says outside of his cult.
I don't believe he needs any help politically; the Democrats have given him enough ammunition and fielded such a poor field to challenge him that the election is his for the taking.

But if you want to know how to use the current headlines to deflect, try how Obama and Hillary treated Benghazi. Instead of being up front and truthful about the events and the actions of the administration that led to them, they went on a dis-information campaign to blame the attacks on a You Tube video that nobody ever saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
So you don't care that the POTUS lied about the reasons why he ordered the strike? It's ok for the president to use the military to attempt to benefit him personally and politically just because you are ok with the results?
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it? Solemani was a known terrorist. He should have had a bounty on his head and very well may have. Your argument seems to be that if he was not getting in his car and on his way to his next attack, we had no reason to take him out.

By your own logic, Obama should be scrutinized for authorizing sending a military force into a foreign country, without their consent, and attacking a compound, killing Pakistan citizens and taking out OBL. Bin Laden wasn't in the process of coordinating an attack at the time that the US would have known about, it was just a matter of taking the first opportunity they had. It was the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Well, we've had a ban against assassination since the Cold War to curb the excesses of the CIA for one thing. Assassinations are not allowed under law. But that's no really why, its because the ends didn't justify the means. And lets not pretend that this white house has any idea what they are doing as far as a strategy here. tRUmp did this simply to benefit himself, not our national security.
Again, he was a known terrorist that should have been hunted down and killed a long time ago. That is NOT an assassination of a government official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
The point is, tRUmp used his business to help a terrorist organization launder money. In fact, helping criminals launder money is a primary component of the tRUmp business model. You don't understand why that is a problem for someone who is the President of the United States of America??
Give me something other than speculation from Mother Jones and we can then have an honest discussion. Until then, you have nothing.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2020, 03:31 PM
Gordon Shumway's Avatar
guitarist
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,982
Thanks: 2,244
Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,111 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Not even sure where to begin as apparently you are not familiar with our form of a Representative Republic. Since Trump was elected and assumed the office, Democrats have ignored pretty much everything outside of Impeachment. And with Impeachment, they have gone so far off the rails as to make a mockery of the process. But because they hate Trump as much as you do, you don't have a problem with it.


I don't believe he needs any help politically; the Democrats have given him enough ammunition and fielded such a poor field to challenge him that the election is his for the taking.

But if you want to know how to use the current headlines to deflect, try how Obama and Hillary treated Benghazi. Instead of being up front and truthful about the events and the actions of the administration that led to them, they went on a dis-information campaign to blame the attacks on a You Tube video that nobody ever saw.


Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it? Solemani was a known terrorist. He should have had a bounty on his head and very well may have. Your argument seems to be that if he was not getting in his car and on his way to his next attack, we had no reason to take him out.

By your own logic, Obama should be scrutinized for authorizing sending a military force into a foreign country, without their consent, and attacking a compound, killing Pakistan citizens and taking out OBL. Bin Laden wasn't in the process of coordinating an attack at the time that the US would have known about, it was just a matter of taking the first opportunity they had. It was the right thing to do.



Again, he was a known terrorist that should have been hunted down and killed a long time ago. That is NOT an assassination of a government official.


Give me something other than speculation from Mother Jones and we can then have an honest discussion. Until then, you have nothing.
and obl fought on the american side of the russian-afghan (charlie wilson's) war.
yet, after receiving our assistance he still wanted us dead.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Shumway For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2020, 03:33 PM
Gordon Shumway's Avatar
guitarist
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,982
Thanks: 2,244
Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,111 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
It's hard to be ''reasonable' when you have a Republican party that is openly corrupt and abusing all norms of our democratic process. But contrary to my own opinions, the Democratic party has been more than reasonable with the GOP, who instead of doing their constitutional duty has decided to put their own personal political or monetary well being ahead of the country.



I already told you. He thought it would help him politically. It didn't because nobody in this country actually believes anything he says outside of his cult.





So you don't care that the POTUS lied about the reasons why he ordered the strike? It's ok for the president to use the military to attempt to benefit him personally and politically just because you are ok with the results?




Well, we've had a ban against assassination since the Cold War to curb the excesses of the CIA for one thing. Assassinations are not allowed under law. But that's no really why, its because the ends didn't justify the means. And lets not pretend that this white house has any idea what they are doing as far as a strategy here. tRUmp did this simply to benefit himself, not our national security.




The point is, tRUmp used his business to help a terrorist organization launder money. In fact, helping criminals launder money is a primary component of the tRUmp business model. You don't understand why that is a problem for someone who is the President of the United States of America??
you can always impeach him...again.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2020, 04:19 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,253
Thanks: 9,501
Thanked 12,971 Times in 7,130 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
you can always impeach him...again.
Again??? Haven't the Democrats degraded the value of that word enough?

The word Impeachment used to mean something serious. The Leadership in the House have weaponized it for political purposes.

ENOUGH!!!

It is far more likely that the Iranian Mullahs, or their executioners, will come to the bargaining table as a result of President Trump's decision to remove a known enemy of the USA from the battlefield. I doubt one could impeach him for that. But honestly, I believe the dems are dumb enough to try
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 03:19 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,951
Thanks: 1,255
Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,299 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Give me something other than speculation from Mother Jones and we can then have an honest discussion. Until then, you have nothing.
You've already proven over and over again that having an honest discussion with you is not actually possible.


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8861736.html

You don't seem to understand how money laundering works.

It's pretty simple:

- Someone does a crime (drugs, corruption, terror, WMD acquisition)
- Someone else helps the criminal hide their illegality from detection in the financial system.

Take, say, the IRGC. It's hard for them to move money through the global financial system because they are pariahs. They need legitimate-seeming partners to disguise their operations.

So, a company (tRUmp Org) that does this is helping them achieve core strategic goals.

How would we know a project (like tRUmp Tower Baku) is laundering money and not a legitimate if failed business?

- It would be non-financial. The project would take far more time and money than is normal.

- It would involve cash payments

- It would involve unsavory characters.

- It would involve huge payments to contractors overseas.

- It would fail. Failure is a benefit in money laundering. The project is wrapped up and not scrutinized.

What evidence would suggest the tRUmp Org knew all this?

- They would demand huge payment upfront. (Typical luxury hotel deals involve long-term contracts where profit comes from success).

- They would make far more than is typical for such deals.

- They would do no due diligence of their partners. (tRUmp Org claims they did it but lost the document. Unlikely.)

- They would do many other projects that follow this same pattern.

In short: helping bad guys do bad things appears central to the tRUmp Org biz model. It's also why tRUmp has so many failed businesses.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 272.

-- SOURCE --

"I desperately want to be optimistic for the GOP because the nation needs it to be healthy and thriving, but looking at it now, it's hard to see it as anything other than unsalvageable. Worse, it's truly become a menace to liberty in America."
- Evan McMullin
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 06:29 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,096
Thanks: 7,423
Thanked 5,091 Times in 2,900 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
You've already proven over and over again that having an honest discussion with you is not actually possible.


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8861736.html

You don't seem to understand how money laundering works.

It's pretty simple:

- Someone does a crime (drugs, corruption, terror, WMD acquisition)
- Someone else helps the criminal hide their illegality from detection in the financial system.

Take, say, the IRGC. It's hard for them to move money through the global financial system because they are pariahs. They need legitimate-seeming partners to disguise their operations.

So, a company (tRUmp Org) that does this is helping them achieve core strategic goals.

How would we know a project (like tRUmp Tower Baku) is laundering money and not a legitimate if failed business?

- It would be non-financial. The project would take far more time and money than is normal.

- It would involve cash payments

- It would involve unsavory characters.

- It would involve huge payments to contractors overseas.

- It would fail. Failure is a benefit in money laundering. The project is wrapped up and not scrutinized.

What evidence would suggest the tRUmp Org knew all this?

- They would demand huge payment upfront. (Typical luxury hotel deals involve long-term contracts where profit comes from success).

- They would make far more than is typical for such deals.

- They would do no due diligence of their partners. (tRUmp Org claims they did it but lost the document. Unlikely.)

- They would do many other projects that follow this same pattern.

In short: helping bad guys do bad things appears central to the tRUmp Org biz model. It's also why tRUmp has so many failed businesses.
With this post, you have added absolutely nothing to the discussion.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 06:02 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,335
Thanks: 5,667
Thanked 6,077 Times in 4,144 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Since the tRump administration has earned our trust....uhh...not. Since we can't beileve a word that this admin says about anything, and given all the news that's come out so far, its blatantly obvious that tRUmp ordered this strike because he thought it would help him politically. That of course failed, because...duh....nobody believes a word anyone in this white house says.

yes, this iranian was a bad guy, but lets not pretend that tRUmp has any idea what he's doing. the man can barely slur his way through a speech and refuses to read anything his advisors give to him. Lets not act like we're dealing with a rational President now who isn't mentally damaged from years of drug use, the only thing tRUmp is thinking about is how he can stay out of prison by not loosing the next election.

Yeah, OK whatever you say Rachel.

So you think the strike will help him politically? Duh!!

Kind of like the entire Democrat party that decided to Impeach Trump.

It's ALL about politics homeboy. Hasn't Maddow taught you anything?
__________________
The socialist / Leftist fringe, now controls the Democrat party. Unfortunately the moderate/Liberal left, doesn't realize it.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 06:07 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,335
Thanks: 5,667
Thanked 6,077 Times in 4,144 Posts
Default Re: The death of General Soleimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Again??? Haven't the Democrats degraded the value of that word enough?

The word Impeachment used to mean something serious. The Leadership in the House have weaponized it for political purposes.

ENOUGH!!!

It is far more likely that the Iranian Mullahs, or their executioners, will come to the bargaining table as a result of President Trump's decision to remove a known enemy of the USA from the battlefield. I doubt one could impeach him for that. But honestly, I believe the dems are dumb enough to try


Now ANYTHING a POTUS does, that the other side disagrees with, will be abuse of power. And if the POTUS doesn't help his enemies, he will be charged with obstruction.

Remember that Redstate, we don't want you whining about it when it happens to your socialist pick.
__________________
The socialist / Leftist fringe, now controls the Democrat party. Unfortunately the moderate/Liberal left, doesn't realize it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
death, general, soleimani, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0