Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss ‘I’m gonna lose everything’ at the General Forum; " Chris Dykshorn had been despondent over the couple’s finances, crippled by surplus grain he couldn’t sell because of the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 06:43 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,832
Thanks: 55,604
Thanked 26,346 Times in 18,864 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
" Chris Dykshorn had been despondent over the couple’s finances, crippled by surplus grain he couldn’t sell because of the trade war and flooded fields. At the end of May, he texted: “I seriously don’t know how we r gonna make it.” The next day, he wrote: “I just want to sit in the house and cry.” On June 13, he went to the utility room to get his gun."

Quote:
In farm country, mental health experts say they’re seeing more suicides as families endure the worst period for U.S. agriculture in decades. Farm bankruptcies and loan delinquencies are rising, calamitous weather events are ruining crops, and profits are vanishing during Trump’s global trade disputes.
This is heartbreaking for hard-working people lie this.

Link
__________________
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 11:55 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,310
Thanks: 10,649
Thanked 6,711 Times in 4,550 Posts
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
This is heartbreaking for hard-working people lie this.

Link
man.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 11:59 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,263
Thanks: 2,246
Thanked 35,574 Times in 20,372 Posts
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

This is sad, but this is also nothing more than the media doing what the media ALWAYS does...Highlight the downtrodden when a Republican is president, and pretend they don't exist when a Democrat is president...

10 people do bad under a Democrat; 3 do good...The 3 get interviewed and the other 10 are told to shut their yap...

10 people do good under a Republican; 3 do bad...The 3 get interviewed and the other 10 are told to shut their yap...



From just a few months ago...

Trump Approval Among Farmers Rises to 79%

Quote:
U.S. farmers continue to throw their support behind President Donald Trump, despite a lack of progress in tariff talks with China’s Xi Jinping at the G20 Summit in Japan earlier this month.

A Farm Journal Pulse survey conducted Monday shows that 79% of farmers now approve of the job Mr. Trump is doing, versus 74% who said they approved in the Pulse poll conducted on June 11. That approval rating includes 53% who strongly approve and 26% who somewhat approve.
Hey Washington Post!!!! Couldn't find the time to interview the 4/5ths majority???...Just focusing on the 1/5th minority????…
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2019, 12:59 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,992
Thanks: 11,094
Thanked 9,230 Times in 5,722 Posts
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Note that virtually every single article on the subject, includes weather as a contributing factor. We all know the Trump is responsible for all the weather mishaps, eh?

Farming is not an easy life. When you sell your soul to the government or big ag, you are restricted about what you can grow, how much, and when. Many farms leave multiple fields fallow, because the government says to.

Local farms grow what sells - locally. Most aren't on the government dole, so the tariffs don't effect them that way.

Sorry that the farmer in your article is having a rough go of it.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2019, 11:24 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,832
Thanks: 55,604
Thanked 26,346 Times in 18,864 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
This is sad, but this is also nothing more than the media doing what the media ALWAYS does...Highlight the downtrodden when a Republican is president, and pretend they don't exist when a Democrat is president...

10 people do bad under a Democrat; 3 do good...The 3 get interviewed and the other 10 are told to shut their yap...

10 people do good under a Republican; 3 do bad...The 3 get interviewed and the other 10 are told to shut their yap...



From just a few months ago...

Trump Approval Among Farmers Rises to 79%

Hey Washington Post!!!! Couldn't find the time to interview the 4/5ths majority???...Just focusing on the 1/5th minority????…
um...this family is affected by our present trade policy and arguably our climate policy so yeah I think the media should tell this story.
__________________
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2019, 09:53 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,992
Thanks: 11,094
Thanked 9,230 Times in 5,722 Posts
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
um...this family is affected by our present trade policy and arguably our climate policy so yeah I think the media should tell this story.
Climate policy? Do tell, what is the overall effect of our country's 'climate policy' and the effect it may have had in 2 years time?

You really don't comprehend climate, climate change, the impact, and the possible effects of what one country's 'policies' may have on the WORLD climate.

Out of curiosity, do you drive? Do you heat your house? Do you use chemicals to wash you and your clothing? Your dishes? Do you have electric lights in your house? Watch TV? Take medicines stored in plastic bottles? Type on a plastic keyboard, use a computer or phone to access the internet?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, than YOU are adding to the climate change! Yes YOU!! The earth is falling!! Call Greta!!!

Of course, this will zoom right over your head. And that is what is truly sad.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,004
Thanks: 11,372
Thanked 12,129 Times in 7,159 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
um...this family is affected by our present trade policy and arguably our climate policy so yeah I think the media should tell this story.
It's not a question of telling the story of hardship visited upon the farmer by Trump standing up to China. It's an issue of giving very little coverage to victims of China's abusive trade practices like countertop maker Cambria, victimized by a flood of Chinese government subsidized knockoffs.

BTW Wonder if the farmer will benefit from the agreement with the Chinese government to purchase $50 billion in US agricultural products.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2019, 12:13 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,364
Thanks: 9,599
Thanked 5,649 Times in 3,493 Posts
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
It's not a question of telling the story of hardship visited upon the farmer by Trump standing up to China. It's an issue of giving very little coverage to victims of China's abusive trade practices like countertop maker Cambria, victimized by a flood of Chinese government subsidized knockoffs.

BTW Wonder if the farmer will benefit from the agreement with the Chinese government to purchase $50 billion in US agricultural products.
Thanks for the info AZ, I had to look that up.
https://www.hanstonequartz.com/blogs...tz-countertops

Good article.
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,518
Thanks: 5,811
Thanked 6,172 Times in 4,205 Posts
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
um...this family is affected by our present trade policy and arguably our climate policy so yeah I think the media should tell this story.
Don't forget Racism Salty. The instruction booklet clearly states,


1. Inject Racism in every narrative

2. Blame Trump supporters for all bad weather.

3. Tell people that there is only homelessness under Republican presidents.

4. All people suffer under Republicans. ( except the rich republicans )

5. Only interview Republican haters, and treat their thoughts as the smartest thing ever said.

6. This could go on all day.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,518
Thanks: 5,811
Thanked 6,172 Times in 4,205 Posts
Default Re: ‘I’m gonna lose everything’

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Climate policy? Do tell, what is the overall effect of our country's 'climate policy' and the effect it may have had in 2 years time?

You really don't comprehend climate, climate change, the impact, and the possible effects of what one country's 'policies' may have on the WORLD climate.

Out of curiosity, do you drive? Do you heat your house? Do you use chemicals to wash you and your clothing? Your dishes? Do you have electric lights in your house? Watch TV? Take medicines stored in plastic bottles? Type on a plastic keyboard, use a computer or phone to access the internet?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, than YOU are adding to the climate change! Yes YOU!! The earth is falling!! Call Greta!!!

Of course, this will zoom right over your head. And that is what is truly sad.
I'm really starting to think salty may be getting paid by someone to spew all the incoherent crap that she does. That is the only explanation I can think of.

She CAN'T actually believe this stuff. Maybe she is part of Rachel Maddow's blog team.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
everything’, gonna, lose, ‘i’m

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0