Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss DHS to run out of border money at the General Forum; As usual House Democrats are so focused on attacking Trump, this time claims the agreement with Mexico to reduce the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:18 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,752
Thanks: 11,097
Thanked 11,741 Times in 6,978 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default DHS to run out of border money

As usual House Democrats are so focused on attacking Trump, this time claims the agreement with Mexico to reduce the crossing of illegal immigrants is fake, they neglect to govern. After reluctantly agreeing there is a crisis at the border House Democrats are still so firmly wedded to the Resistance they refuse to allocate additional funds to provide humanitarian aid in the face of massive increases in the volume of illegal crossings.

Quote:
The acting heads of the Pentagon and Homeland Security will head to the border this weekend to draw attention to the growing crisis, where officials say the government could run out of money unless Congress approves President Trump’s $4.5 billion emergency request.

The fiscal year ends Sept. 30 but given current trends which show a steadily increasing number of children and families attempting to sneak in, Homeland Security says it will exhaust its money to deal with the border situation well before then.

A law enforcement source said acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan and acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan will be in Texas to review the border situation on Saturday. It’ll be Mr. McAleenan’s third trip since being named acting secretary last month.

They’ll be briefed at a Border Patrol station, look at a facility where migrants are processed, look at a section of border wall, and will muster with National Guard troops and border authorities.

“The problem we face is huge, short term fixes will not cut it, and we need sustained investment and additional emergency support at the Southwest border to overcome the humanitarian and security crisis. The president’s budget will do that,” Mr. McAleenan said.
Democrats claim to be defenders of the innocent illegal immigrants but the dictates of the Resistance demand blind opposition no matter what. House Democrats passed a budget reducing the number of beds available to CPS by 40%. President Trump vetoed that budget but Resistance Democrats are now deploying indifference to the humanitarian needs of illegal immigrants as a strategy. Here is a breakdown of the funding request.

Quote:
About $1.1 billion will go to Homeland Security, with $391 million for better facilities, transportation and basic food and supplies the families consume.

Another $530 million is designated for operations, such as funding more detention beds to deal with an accompanying surge of single adults who are also testing the border alongside the children and families.

A final $178 million is for “mission support,” such as incentives to keep Border Patrol agents from fleeing the agency amid the crisis.
All that matters is to oppose Trump no matter the cost.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washi...-border-money/
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:26 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,025
Thanks: 2,224
Thanked 35,232 Times in 20,225 Posts
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

Quote:
Another $530 million is designated for operations, such as funding more detention beds to deal with an accompanying surge of single adults who are also testing the border alongside the children and families.
The Democrats goal is to DENY extra bedding and other operational needs so DHS would e forced to release them will-nilly...

Don't believe me?...Then believe them...

ICE Detention Beds New Stumbling Block In Efforts To Prevent Another Shutdown

Quote:
As the clock ticks toward a Friday deadline to avert another partial government shutdown, a new stumbling block has emerged in talks between congressional Democrats and the White House: Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention beds.

The Trump administration said last month that it wanted $4.2 billion to support 52,000 detention beds. "Given that in recent months, the number of people attempting to cross the border illegally has risen to 2,000 per day, providing additional resources for detention and transportation is essential," the White House said.

But Democrats are seeking to cap the number of detention beds. In a statement Sunday, Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif., asserted that "A cap on ICE detention beds will force the Trump administration to prioritize deportation for criminals and people who pose real security threats, not law-abiding immigrants who are contributing to our country."

Roybal-Allard chairs the House Appropriations subcommittee on homeland security and is a member of the House-Senate conference committee trying to reach an agreement on spending levels.

Democrats want to limit to 16,500 the number of beds used in the interior of the country, where ICE places people it arrests who have overstayed their visas or committed misdemeanor crimes.
I LOOOOVE how Democrat Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard calls them "law-abiding immigrants"...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2019, 08:10 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,023
Thanks: 9,227
Thanked 12,669 Times in 6,974 Posts
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

By denying President Trump the funds needed to handle the humanitarian needs of the events on the border is evidence of the true evil of the left. They do not care about the suffering of the migrants or the overwhelmed US border staff attempting to handle the volume in a humanitarian manner.

No money for the wall. Fine. But fund enough to feed and house the people and get their cases adjudicated swiftly.

The Crisis at our southern border isn't the flood of so called "law abiding " illegals clamoring over the border. The crisis of our nation is that the Democrats are using these people as pawns in their effort to frustrate and de-legitimize the Trump administration.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 08:57 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
As usual House Democrats are so focused on attacking Trump, this time claims the agreement with Mexico to reduce the crossing of illegal immigrants is fake, they neglect to govern. After reluctantly agreeing there is a crisis at the border House Democrats are still so firmly wedded to the Resistance they refuse to allocate additional funds to provide humanitarian aid in the face of massive increases in the volume of illegal crossings.

Quote:
The acting heads of the Pentagon and Homeland Security will head to the border this weekend to draw attention to the growing crisis, where officials say the government could run out of money unless Congress approves President Trump’s $4.5 billion emergency request.

The fiscal year ends Sept. 30 but given current trends which show a steadily increasing number of children and families attempting to sneak in, Homeland Security says it will exhaust its money to deal with the border situation well before then.

A law enforcement source said acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan and acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan will be in Texas to review the border situation on Saturday. It’ll be Mr. McAleenan’s third trip since being named acting secretary last month.

They’ll be briefed at a Border Patrol station, look at a facility where migrants are processed, look at a section of border wall, and will muster with National Guard troops and border authorities.

“The problem we face is huge, short term fixes will not cut it, and we need sustained investment and additional emergency support at the Southwest border to overcome the humanitarian and security crisis. The president’s budget will do that,” Mr. McAleenan said.
Democrats claim to be defenders of the innocent illegal immigrants but the dictates of the Resistance demand blind opposition no matter what. House Democrats passed a budget reducing the number of beds available to CPS by 40%. President Trump vetoed that budget but Resistance Democrats are now deploying indifference to the humanitarian needs of illegal immigrants as a strategy. Here is a breakdown of the funding request.

Quote:
About $1.1 billion will go to Homeland Security, with $391 million for better facilities, transportation and basic food and supplies the families consume.

Another $530 million is designated for operations, such as funding more detention beds to deal with an accompanying surge of single adults who are also testing the border alongside the children and families.

A final $178 million is for “mission support,” such as incentives to keep Border Patrol agents from fleeing the agency amid the crisis.
All that matters is to oppose Trump no matter the cost.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washi...-border-money/
From recent news reporting about 80% of those illegally crossing the border are family units that have fled a humanitarian crisis in Central America created by gangs and climate change. They're making a 2,000 mile trek on foot with children to eventually arrive at a US Port of Entry so they can apply for refugee status under the provisions of the Refugee Act of 1980 but when they reach the port of entry they're not allowed to apply.

The Refugee Act of 1980 authorizes up to 270,000 refugee admissions per year and in 2018 the Trump administration only allowed about 22,000 admissions under that law. About 200,000 more lawful admissions could have been allowed where the Office of Refugee Resettlement and the Office of U.S. Coordinator for Refugee Affairs would have properly placed these families in the United States and provided for services for them that include: (1) make grants to, or enter into contracts with, public or private nonprofit agencies to provide employment services, English language training, and health and social services; (2) provide for special education services for refugee children where a demonstrated special need has been shown; and (3) provide for child welfare services (including foster care payments) for 36 months after arrival, except for unaccompanied children who will remain eligible for such services until age 18. Makes such Office legally and financially responsible for such unaccompanied children until they are placed under the coverage of State child welfare laws.

200,000 more refugees could have been lawfully admitted into the United States but instead the Trump administration, by not accommodating these refugees fleeing from a humanitarian crisis in their native country, created a humanitarian crisis in Mexico at the US border. Left with little alternative over 100,000 migrant refugees have illegally crossed the US border so that they could seek out an agent of the CBP to apply for asylum.

They're not coming here to be criminals. They're coming here to seek asylum where the law allows them to live lawfully in the United States and protects them from deportation until their asylum application is fully adjudicated.

Why is the Trump administration imprisoning them once they file for asylum. They're not a threat to the United States and they sure as hell don't represent a risk of flight.

We've also seen an increase in the number of "unaccompanied" minors but this is a false statistic. Children that have been placed by their parents under the temporarily guardianship of relatives to come the United States, such as grandparents, aunts, and uncles are being classified as "unaccompanied" minors and taken away from the relatives that brought them to the United States. That's BS and it's wrong. These children should remain in the custody of their relatives and not torn from them and put into cages.

This whole crisis is Trump's doing because he's not complying with the Refugee Act of 1980 and our immigration laws where those seeking asylum are supposed to be granted temporary asylum that allows them to be lawfully in the United States and not held in detention centers.

We don't need more beds in detention facilities. We need fewer refugees being held in detention facilities and compliance with the Refugee Act of 1980 would eliminate up to 270,000 people from being detained by ICE and the CBP.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 09:06 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
By denying President Trump the funds needed to handle the humanitarian needs of the events on the border is evidence of the true evil of the left. They do not care about the suffering of the migrants or the overwhelmed US border staff attempting to handle the volume in a humanitarian manner.

No money for the wall. Fine. But fund enough to feed and house the people and get their cases adjudicated swiftly.

The Crisis at our southern border isn't the flood of so called "law abiding " illegals clamoring over the border. The crisis of our nation is that the Democrats are using these people as pawns in their effort to frustrate and de-legitimize the Trump administration.
Allow them to enter the United States under the Refugee Act of 1980 and it eliminates virtually all of the illegal border crossings by refugees seeking asylum.

For those that do cross the border illegally to apply for asylum, that grants them the lawful right to be in the United States, let them out of detention so the government doesn't need the "beds" that Trump is requesting funding for.

Only two reasons exist for keeping a person in detention:
1. They represent a threat to society. Refugees applying at the border or that apply after illegally crossing the border do not represent a threat to society.
2. Risk of flight. Refugees that apply at the border or that apply after illegally crossing the border do not represent a risk of flight.

There's no justification whatsoever for ICE and the CBP to be detaining these people once they've filed for asylum.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 11:14 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,781
Thanks: 6,995
Thanked 4,740 Times in 2,703 Posts
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Allow them to enter the United States under the Refugee Act of 1980 and it eliminates virtually all of the illegal border crossings by refugees seeking asylum.

For those that do cross the border illegally to apply for asylum, that grants them the lawful right to be in the United States, let them out of detention so the government doesn't need the "beds" that Trump is requesting funding for.

Only two reasons exist for keeping a person in detention:
1. They represent a threat to society. Refugees applying at the border or that apply after illegally crossing the border do not represent a threat to society.
2. Risk of flight. Refugees that apply at the border or that apply after illegally crossing the border do not represent a risk of flight.

There's no justification whatsoever for ICE and the CBP to be detaining these people once they've filed for asylum.
Why not. I'm sure you could put some of them up while they await their asylum hearings. How many of them should be put you down for? Send me your address and I will email my Congressman that information so that he can contact DHS to begin shipping them your way.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 11:47 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,020
Thanks: 5,345
Thanked 5,844 Times in 4,001 Posts
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Why not. I'm sure you could put some of them up while they await their asylum hearings. How many of them should be put you down for? Send me your address and I will email my Congressman that information so that he can contact DHS to begin shipping them your way.
Sorry, but Shiva will never get involved, other than saying that other people should take care of them. Like all democrats, he could care less about those latinos. They are just pawns to use against Trump, and get Democrats elected.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 01:02 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,025
Thanks: 2,224
Thanked 35,232 Times in 20,225 Posts
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Sorry, but Shiva will never get involved, other than saying that other people should take care of them. Like all democrats, he could care less about those latinos. They are just pawns to use against Trump, and get Democrats elected.
Dems use NLIMBY...No Latinos In My Back Yard...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 04:55 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,279
Thanks: 55,422
Thanked 26,263 Times in 18,790 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

yes, there are private charity efforts to house individuals dumped in poor towns. They are doing a better job than DHS.
__________________
@StephenKing
Sometimes I feel like screaming, "Everybody knows that Trump is as crooked as a broken nose and as dumb as a fencepost. Just quit sh*tting around and get him the f*ck out of there."
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,752
Thanks: 11,097
Thanked 11,741 Times in 6,978 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: DHS to run out of border money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
From recent news reporting about 80% of those illegally crossing the border are family units that have fled a humanitarian crisis in Central America created by gangs and climate change. They're making a 2,000 mile trek on foot with children to eventually arrive at a US Port of Entry so they can apply for refugee status under the provisions of the Refugee Act of 1980 but when they reach the port of entry they're not allowed to apply.

The Refugee Act of 1980 authorizes up to 270,000 refugee admissions per year and in 2018 the Trump administration only allowed about 22,000 admissions under that law. About 200,000 more lawful admissions could have been allowed where the Office of Refugee Resettlement and the Office of U.S. Coordinator for Refugee Affairs would have properly placed these families in the United States and provided for services for them that include: (1) make grants to, or enter into contracts with, public or private nonprofit agencies to provide employment services, English language training, and health and social services; (2) provide for special education services for refugee children where a demonstrated special need has been shown; and (3) provide for child welfare services (including foster care payments) for 36 months after arrival, except for unaccompanied children who will remain eligible for such services until age 18. Makes such Office legally and financially responsible for such unaccompanied children until they are placed under the coverage of State child welfare laws.

200,000 more refugees could have been lawfully admitted into the United States but instead the Trump administration, by not accommodating these refugees fleeing from a humanitarian crisis in their native country, created a humanitarian crisis in Mexico at the US border. Left with little alternative over 100,000 migrant refugees have illegally crossed the US border so that they could seek out an agent of the CBP to apply for asylum.

They're not coming here to be criminals. They're coming here to seek asylum where the law allows them to live lawfully in the United States and protects them from deportation until their asylum application is fully adjudicated.

Why is the Trump administration imprisoning them once they file for asylum. They're not a threat to the United States and they sure as hell don't represent a risk of flight.

We've also seen an increase in the number of "unaccompanied" minors but this is a false statistic. Children that have been placed by their parents under the temporarily guardianship of relatives to come the United States, such as grandparents, aunts, and uncles are being classified as "unaccompanied" minors and taken away from the relatives that brought them to the United States. That's BS and it's wrong. These children should remain in the custody of their relatives and not torn from them and put into cages.

This whole crisis is Trump's doing because he's not complying with the Refugee Act of 1980 and our immigration laws where those seeking asylum are supposed to be granted temporary asylum that allows them to be lawfully in the United States and not held in detention centers.

We don't need more beds in detention facilities. We need fewer refugees being held in detention facilities and compliance with the Refugee Act of 1980 would eliminate up to 270,000 people from being detained by ICE and the CBP.
According to the CBP in April a little less than 60% of those apprehended illegally crossing the border were in family units. There is no breakdown by nationality but we know a percentage of them came from far away places like Africa.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

As usual you spout nonsense like its fact.

CBP is responsible to make a preliminary determination if the person or family unit can be admitted to await a hearing. Thanks to Democrat blind hatred for Trump they have to just release them into the US, the detention facilities are over flowing.

As part of their release asylum seekers aren't allowed to work nor are they eligible for Federal welfare benefits. So they have have to depend on private charities or break more of our laws.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
border, dhs, money, out, run

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0