Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump account at the General Forum; I am surprised that they excepted that add! That's pResident bone spurs fav channel. Can you bounce off the walls ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2019, 03:39 PM
treedancer's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St.Louis Mo.
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,961
Thanks: 935
Thanked 1,535 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump account

I am surprised that they excepted that add! That's pResident bone spurs fav channel. Can you bounce off the walls when have an office that's an oval?

<Republicans for the Rule of Law (RRL), a conservative group whose stated purpose is “defending the institutions of our republic,” will advertise on Fox & Friends next week to urge members of Congress to hold President Donald Trump accountable for the findings in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report.>

<Mueller, speaking publicly for the first time since beginning the Russian probe in 2017, reiterated on Wednesday during a press conference that he would have stated if the evidence collected during his 22-month-long investigation cleared Trump of any criminal wrongdoing, but he didn’t.>

<Chris Truax, a spokesperson and legal adviser for RRL, told Newsweek that Congress must properly investigate Mueller’s findings in order to address the “corruption of our Constitution from within.”>

<"Everybody — Republicans and Democrats but especially Republicans — need to step up and say, 'Look, this is bigger than the politics of the day, this is about our democratic institutions.' If we don't defend them, that will have an impact on our country for decades to come," he said. "President Trump still does not want to admit that this happened and that's wrong, absurd and dangerous. Republicans need to stop enabling this behavior.">

<GOP members should be “appalled at their casual disregard for the law, the Constitution and everything that makes America great,” Truax added. “Americans of all political affiliations should recoil at the plain fact that senior members of the administration put their own interests above the national security of the United States.”>

<The group, which aims to “protect [Mueller’s] investigation from political interference by the president,” was established last March when reports surfaced of Trump’s intentions to potentially dismiss Mueller. The special counsel's 448-page redacted report, released by Attorney General William Barr in April, revealed that Trump had indeed attempted to discharge Mueller in June 2017, but former White House counsel Don McGahn refused, saying he would rather resign.>

<Next week, RRL will air an advertisement on Fox & Friends urging members of Congress to continue investigating Mueller's findings to hold Trump accountable and uncover every detail of "Russia's complex scheme to weaken our country.">

<The roughly 30-second-clip opens with a clip of Mueller’s statement. “The matters we investigated were of paramount importance. It was critical for us to obtain full and accurate information from every person we questioned,” the special counsel said on Wednesday. “When the subject of an investigation obstructs that investigation or lies to investigators it strikes at the core of the government’s efforts to find the truth and hold wrongdoers accountable. If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”>

<The advertisement then cuts to a short voiceover: “Mueller did his job, now it’s time for members of Congress to do theirs.”>

<"One of the takeaways from Mueller's statement, is that 'I provided you the facts, now it's up to Congress to take action on those facts,'" Truax said. “When witnesses lied to his office, thwarted their efforts, refused to cooperate and encouraged and rewarded those who diverted and delayed the truth, they gave aid and comfort to America's enemies, whether they realized it or not.”>

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...ewsweekTwitter
__________________
"Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism. Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism. By putting our own interests first, with no regard for others, we erase the very thing that a nation holds dearest, and the thing that keeps it alive: its moral values."
French President Emmanuel Macron
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,397
Thanks: 4,674
Thanked 5,247 Times in 3,634 Posts
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedancer View Post
I am surprised that they excepted that add! That's pResident bone spurs fav channel. Can you bounce off the walls when have an office that's an oval?

<Republicans for the Rule of Law (RRL), a conservative group whose stated purpose is “defending the institutions of our republic,” will advertise on Fox & Friends next week to urge members of Congress to hold President Donald Trump accountable for the findings in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report.>

<Mueller, speaking publicly for the first time since beginning the Russian probe in 2017, reiterated on Wednesday during a press conference that he would have stated if the evidence collected during his 22-month-long investigation cleared Trump of any criminal wrongdoing, but he didn’t.>

<Chris Truax, a spokesperson and legal adviser for RRL, told Newsweek that Congress must properly investigate Mueller’s findings in order to address the “corruption of our Constitution from within.”>

<"Everybody — Republicans and Democrats but especially Republicans — need to step up and say, 'Look, this is bigger than the politics of the day, this is about our democratic institutions.' If we don't defend them, that will have an impact on our country for decades to come," he said. "President Trump still does not want to admit that this happened and that's wrong, absurd and dangerous. Republicans need to stop enabling this behavior.">

<GOP members should be “appalled at their casual disregard for the law, the Constitution and everything that makes America great,” Truax added. “Americans of all political affiliations should recoil at the plain fact that senior members of the administration put their own interests above the national security of the United States.”>

<The group, which aims to “protect [Mueller’s] investigation from political interference by the president,” was established last March when reports surfaced of Trump’s intentions to potentially dismiss Mueller. The special counsel's 448-page redacted report, released by Attorney General William Barr in April, revealed that Trump had indeed attempted to discharge Mueller in June 2017, but former White House counsel Don McGahn refused, saying he would rather resign.>

<Next week, RRL will air an advertisement on Fox & Friends urging members of Congress to continue investigating Mueller's findings to hold Trump accountable and uncover every detail of "Russia's complex scheme to weaken our country.">

<The roughly 30-second-clip opens with a clip of Mueller’s statement. “The matters we investigated were of paramount importance. It was critical for us to obtain full and accurate information from every person we questioned,” the special counsel said on Wednesday. “When the subject of an investigation obstructs that investigation or lies to investigators it strikes at the core of the government’s efforts to find the truth and hold wrongdoers accountable. If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”>

<The advertisement then cuts to a short voiceover: “Mueller did his job, now it’s time for members of Congress to do theirs.”>

<"One of the takeaways from Mueller's statement, is that 'I provided you the facts, now it's up to Congress to take action on those facts,'" Truax said. “When witnesses lied to his office, thwarted their efforts, refused to cooperate and encouraged and rewarded those who diverted and delayed the truth, they gave aid and comfort to America's enemies, whether they realized it or not.”>

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...ewsweekTwitter
There is only one house republican standing with the left on impeachment.
__________________
Quote:" If Trump is re-elected in 2020, we might as well burn this country to the ground"

Constant Slothrup
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:03 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,490
Thanks: 2,173
Thanked 34,323 Times in 19,846 Posts
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
There is only one house republican standing with the left on impeachment.
It's an establishment-Republican group of Trump-haters...The Bill Kristol-types...Worse than RINOs...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:43 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,461
Thanks: 55,192
Thanked 26,161 Times in 18,699 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

sadly dog and redd are correct. the entire GROUP OF GOP congress members are only out for themselves. also a good amount of the opposite side are the same way.

publicly financed elections! NOW!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2019, 11:50 AM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,770
Thanks: 1,567
Thanked 8,959 Times in 5,730 Posts
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
It's an establishment-Republican group of Trump-haters...The Bill Kristol-types...Worse than RINOs...
Well of course conservatives like Bill Kristol don't like Trump. Trump doesn't believe in small government, limited executive power, fiscal responsibility, or free markets.

RINO used to mean a Republican with a rather liberal voting record, someone suppposedly more suited to be a Democrat. Basically northeastern Republicans in contrast to the rest of the party.

These days? The RINO label has nothing to do with conservativism or voting record but whether or not a person has sworn fealty to Trump. You can have excellent marks from every damn right-leaning advocacy group and think tank, and a great conservative record in the legislsture or your own philosophy; but you better fall in line with Trump no matter what hare-brained, antithetical-to-conservatism bullsh-t he's pulling.

Or else. RINO.
__________________
"There's two types of people: people that look at porn, and people that lie about it. But I wasn't looking!" -

Alex Jones
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WallyWager For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2019, 02:04 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,082
Thanks: 5,812
Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,170 Posts
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Well of course conservatives like Bill Kristol don't like Trump. Trump doesn't believe in small government, limited executive power, fiscal responsibility, or free markets.

RINO used to mean a Republican with a rather liberal voting record, someone suppposedly more suited to be a Democrat. Basically northeastern Republicans in contrast to the rest of the party.

These days? The RINO label has nothing to do with conservativism or voting record but whether or not a person has sworn fealty to Trump. You can have excellent marks from every damn right-leaning advocacy group and think tank, and a great conservative record in the legislsture or your own philosophy; but you better fall in line with Trump no matter what hare-brained, antithetical-to-conservatism bullsh-t he's pulling.

Or else. RINO.
Actually, I somewhat agree with your assessment. However, it's not so much about being conservative or progressive within the party as much as it is about a blind hatred of Trump. Bill Kristol and many of the old guard Republicans on the hill, may spout conservative talking points, but they are at best faux conservative's.

And I agree that Trump is not a true Conservative. Some of his policy proposals are far too left leaning for me. For example, his $2 Trillion infrastructure proposal was one of the things I object too. But all in all, most of his polices are in line with a majority of conservatives in this country.

But what really gets under the skin of the old guard republicans is that Trump is an outsider and not welcome in their club. He is like a bull in a china shop. The old guard guys line McConnell and Boehner, talk a big game in front of the camera's, but when they step behind the curtain, they are hanging out in the same circles as Pelosi and Schummer. They put on a show for those of us rubes outside of the beltway, but they are really two peas in the pot. Their main goal is to maintain power by appeasing their base.

But as has been demonstrated for far too many years, they really never make substantial changes. They meddle around the fringes and call it progress.

But now Trump shows up and throws a monkey wrench into their fine tuned, political machine and exposes them for what they are. He appealed to people that were sick of the same crap out of DC and is making his own way in spite of the old guard. He has become a threat to the establishment politicians and they don't care for it.

I really don't care show get's run over by the Trump train as long as he moves the country in the right direction by putting the American people back in charge of their government. I personally would like to see more people like Trump in office to shake up the establishment and let them know that us "rubes" in flyover country have had it with business as usual. If it takes a brash, self promoting ego maniac to do it, so be it. As long as his focus is the American people, he has my support.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,397
Thanks: 4,674
Thanked 5,247 Times in 3,634 Posts
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Actually, I somewhat agree with your assessment. However, it's not so much about being conservative or progressive within the party as much as it is about a blind hatred of Trump. Bill Kristol and many of the old guard Republicans on the hill, may spout conservative talking points, but they are at best faux conservative's.

And I agree that Trump is not a true Conservative. Some of his policy proposals are far too left leaning for me. For example, his $2 Trillion infrastructure proposal was one of the things I object too. But all in all, most of his polices are in line with a majority of conservatives in this country.

But what really gets under the skin of the old guard republicans is that Trump is an outsider and not welcome in their club. He is like a bull in a china shop. The old guard guys line McConnell and Boehner, talk a big game in front of the camera's, but when they step behind the curtain, they are hanging out in the same circles as Pelosi and Schummer. They put on a show for those of us rubes outside of the beltway, but they are really two peas in the pot. Their main goal is to maintain power by appeasing their base.

But as has been demonstrated for far too many years, they really never make substantial changes. They meddle around the fringes and call it progress.

But now Trump shows up and throws a monkey wrench into their fine tuned, political machine and exposes them for what they are. He appealed to people that were sick of the same crap out of DC and is making his own way in spite of the old guard. He has become a threat to the establishment politicians and they don't care for it.

I really don't care show get's run over by the Trump train as long as he moves the country in the right direction by putting the American people back in charge of their government. I personally would like to see more people like Trump in office to shake up the establishment and let them know that us "rubes" in flyover country have had it with business as usual. If it takes a brash, self promoting ego maniac to do it, so be it. As long as his focus is the American people, he has my support.
__________________
Quote:" If Trump is re-elected in 2020, we might as well burn this country to the ground"

Constant Slothrup
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2019, 05:15 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,461
Thanks: 55,192
Thanked 26,161 Times in 18,699 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Actually, I somewhat agree with your assessment. However, it's not so much about being conservative or progressive within the party as much as it is about a blind hatred of Trump. ...
Oh no, mah man We is woke!
We know why we detest the big orage turd. because he's a criminal but even more because his self gratification is fvcking up the world and this country here is almost fubar.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Aide
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
Thanks: 42
Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
There is only one house republican standing with the left on impeachment.
There will be more House Republicans who will seek impeachment, I'm of the opinion that Trump be exposed during H. Committee hearings, and the demand for him to resign will obviate a trial in the Senate.
__________________
"When injustice become law, Resistence becomes duty"
Anonymous

IDIOT-GRAM: A phrase or sentence which lacks substance, thought or is thought provoking.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2019, 11:19 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,490
Thanks: 2,173
Thanked 34,323 Times in 19,846 Posts
Default Re: Republican group will run ad on 'fox & friends' urging congress to hold trump acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
But what really gets under the skin of the old guard republicans is that Trump is an outsider and not welcome in their club.
And that is exactly why I specifically said "establishment-Republican group of Trump-haters"...

Sure, there are those celebrities and such that superficially hate Trump, but the ones that SEETHE at the notion of a President Trump are the ones whose careers ride on the Washington insider beltway...The last thing they need is someone coming in and rocking the boat...

...But that's why he was voted in in the first place...He's a top-tier boat rocker...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
account, and, congress, fox, friends, group, hold, republican, run, trump, urging, will

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0