Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss The Democratic Party's political correctness at the General Forum; The Democratic Party is now the party of political correctness: It refuses to endorse Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL), because of ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,945
Thanks: 11,533
Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,771 Posts
Default The Democratic Party's political correctness

The Democratic Party is now the party of political correctness: It refuses to endorse Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL), because of his opposition to abortion-on-demand, and his similar opposition to ObamaCare.

In all fairness, I should mention that I am not a huge fan of Rep. Lipinski, either: He supports gay marriage (euphemistically known as "marriage equality"); which I find a bit troubling.

But people should not be expected to toe the party line, in all districts. What works well in Massachusetts or California may not work so well in Texas or Alabama.

Here is a link to the story: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...llinois-423431
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:31 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,029
Thanks: 2,225
Thanked 35,236 Times in 20,228 Posts
Default Re: The Democratic Party's political correctness

Kamala Harris expresses ‘regret’ over her California truancy policy

Mayor Pete Buttigieg sorry for saying "All Lives Matter"

Pete Buttigieg Addresses White Male Privilege: “I Try to Check Myself”

Joe Biden laments 'white man's culture,' comes under fire from Hillary Clinton aide for role in Anita Hill hearing

Sanders 2016 Campaign Manager Apologizes for Being ‘Too Male, Too White’

It's almost as if the Democrat Party will choose the nominee most sorry and guiltful...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2019, 04:12 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,300
Thanks: 55,435
Thanked 26,263 Times in 18,790 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: The Democratic Party's political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
The Democratic Party is now the party of political correctness: It refuses to endorse Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL), because of his opposition to abortion-on-demand, and his similar opposition to ObamaCare.

In all fairness, I should mention that I am not a huge fan of Rep. Lipinski, either: He supports gay marriage (euphemistically known as "marriage equality"); which I find a bit troubling.

But people should not be expected to toe the party line, in all districts. What works well in Massachusetts or California may not work so well in Texas or Alabama.

Here is a link to the story: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...llinois-423431
Yes the democrat politicians and the media that leans left are politically correct to a squeaky fault.
But I find political correctness is a pervasive mechanism in the last twenty years that many (of all persuasions) used because they never learned to think for themselves.
and I blame that on the mcdonald's, wendy's training manual mentality.
in the mid 80s young people just coming to work thought it was necessary
to follow their employer-savior's way of thinking so that they would hopefully keep a livelihood..As things progressed with less and less worker rights and less non-retail offerings, they can be let go for most anything so they strive to
fit the pattern drawn by the powers that be.
We used to call it azz kissing.
__________________
@StephenKing
Sometimes I feel like screaming, "Everybody knows that Trump is as crooked as a broken nose and as dumb as a fencepost. Just quit sh*tting around and get him the f*ck out of there."
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,759
Thanks: 11,104
Thanked 11,748 Times in 6,981 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: The Democratic Party's political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Yes the democrat politicians and the media that leans left are politically correct to a squeaky fault.
But I find political correctness is a pervasive mechanism in the last twenty years that many (of all persuasions) used because they never learned to think for themselves.
and I blame that on the mcdonald's, wendy's training manual mentality.
in the mid 80s young people just coming to work thought it was necessary
to follow their employer-savior's way of thinking so that they would hopefully keep a livelihood..As things progressed with less and less worker rights and less non-retail offerings, they can be let go for most anything so they strive to
fit the pattern drawn by the powers that be.
We used to call it azz kissing.
You are aware that from the outset of his campaign Donald Trump violated the iron rules of political correctness? In his speech announcing his candidacy he pointed out the obvious falsehood of the politically correct romanticism of illegal aliens being all noble, law abiding people just looking for a better life. His campaign was pronounced stillborn for this violation of PC speach rules. It turned out this was the first of many violations of PC speach rules yet now we have President Trump.

If you are truly opposed to PC azz kissing then you ought to support the most un PC President, Donald J Trump.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2019, 10:52 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: The Democratic Party's political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
The Democratic Party is now the party of political correctness: It refuses to endorse Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL), because of his opposition to abortion-on-demand, and his similar opposition to ObamaCare.

In all fairness, I should mention that I am not a huge fan of Rep. Lipinski, either: He supports gay marriage (euphemistically known as "marriage equality"); which I find a bit troubling.

But people should not be expected to toe the party line, in all districts. What works well in Massachusetts or California may not work so well in Texas or Alabama.

Here is a link to the story: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...llinois-423431
I don't see any connection between political correctness and the lack of an endorsement by the DCCC. In interviews with top Democratic leadership the focus of the leadership is on allowing the constituents to decide who the candidates are for the 2020 election. They haven't been locked in on candidates simply because they're the incumbent. Just being an incumbent doesn't imply that the person is the best candidate or representative of those voters that align themselves with general ideology of the Democratic Party of the past, present, or future.

I don't know much about Rep. Dan Lipinski but based upon the summary of his record it leaves many questions unanswered.

For example abortion isn't an issue in and of itself. The right to an abortion is an issue of the Constitutionally protected rights of a person, in this case a woman, where the woman is the only person with protected rights. As much as anti-abortionist like to imply a fetus has rights that's not true at the present time. Constitutional precedence establishes that personhood, the only thing protected by the Constitution, doesn't begin until birth. That Constitutional precedent can be changed but only by a Constitutional Amendment.

Inherently there's nothing wrong with opposing abortion. There's something seriously wrong with legislating against abortion because legislation that restricts the woman's right to have an abortion violates the Constitutionally protected Rights of the Woman.

Opposition to Obamacare is fine but only if the opposition included a proposal for something better than Obamacare. During the Obama administration the GOP kept saying "Repeal and Replace" and President Obama's response was, "If you have a proposal that's superior to Obamacare I'll endorse it." Republicans have since proven they don't have a replacement for Obamacare. Does Rep. Dan Lipinski have a replacement for Obamacare?

The story says that Rep. Dan Lipinski voted against marriage equality and immigration reform, not that he supported it.

Of course what type of immigration reform was being voted on. For example the proposals to base immigration reform on filling job vacancies in the United States is anti-American worker. If we're going to "Buy American" then that also includes "Hire American" to fill those jobs that require special skills and that pay more. We have temporary visa programs for filling jobs that our companies require but that Americans can't currently fill. What I see lacking is the plan to train Americans to fill these positions in the future. Giving the job away permanently to a foreigner by allowing permanent immigration means that an American will never fill that higher paying job position.

Marriage equality relates to the financial partnership that receives special considerations based upon the the word "marriage" in the laws of the United States. Remove the word "marriage" from all laws and replace that with "contractual partnership" or something similar and the issue of "marriage equality" tends to disappear. Marriage equality was imposed under the Constitution because of the financial partnership and not the social partnership of those involved.

So what is Rep. Dan Lipinski really all about? I don't know but opposing the rights of the person, opposing the Constitution, and opposing the American workers isn't something generally associated with the Democratic Party.

This isn't about political correctness. It's about political ideology from what I'm reading. Let the Democratic voters decide and keep the national party out of the race. Incumbency shouldn't be the basis for electing anyone.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,759
Thanks: 11,104
Thanked 11,748 Times in 6,981 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: The Democratic Party's political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
I don't see any connection between political correctness and the lack of an endorsement by the DCCC. In interviews with top Democratic leadership the focus of the leadership is on allowing the constituents to decide who the candidates are for the 2020 election. They haven't been locked in on candidates simply because they're the incumbent. Just being an incumbent doesn't imply that the person is the best candidate or representative of those voters that align themselves with general ideology of the Democratic Party of the past, present, or future.

I don't know much about Rep. Dan Lipinski but based upon the summary of his record it leaves many questions unanswered.

For example abortion isn't an issue in and of itself. The right to an abortion is an issue of the Constitutionally protected rights of a person, in this case a woman, where the woman is the only person with protected rights. As much as anti-abortionist like to imply a fetus has rights that's not true at the present time. Constitutional precedence establishes that personhood, the only thing protected by the Constitution, doesn't begin until birth. That Constitutional precedent can be changed but only by a Constitutional Amendment.

Inherently there's nothing wrong with opposing abortion. There's something seriously wrong with legislating against abortion because legislation that restricts the woman's right to have an abortion violates the Constitutionally protected Rights of the Woman.

Opposition to Obamacare is fine but only if the opposition included a proposal for something better than Obamacare. During the Obama administration the GOP kept saying "Repeal and Replace" and President Obama's response was, "If you have a proposal that's superior to Obamacare I'll endorse it." Republicans have since proven they don't have a replacement for Obamacare. Does Rep. Dan Lipinski have a replacement for Obamacare?

The story says that Rep. Dan Lipinski voted against marriage equality and immigration reform, not that he supported it.

Of course what type of immigration reform was being voted on. For example the proposals to base immigration reform on filling job vacancies in the United States is anti-American worker. If we're going to "Buy American" then that also includes "Hire American" to fill those jobs that require special skills and that pay more. We have temporary visa programs for filling jobs that our companies require but that Americans can't currently fill. What I see lacking is the plan to train Americans to fill these positions in the future. Giving the job away permanently to a foreigner by allowing permanent immigration means that an American will never fill that higher paying job position.

Marriage equality relates to the financial partnership that receives special considerations based upon the the word "marriage" in the laws of the United States. Remove the word "marriage" from all laws and replace that with "contractual partnership" or something similar and the issue of "marriage equality" tends to disappear. Marriage equality was imposed under the Constitution because of the financial partnership and not the social partnership of those involved.

So what is Rep. Dan Lipinski really all about? I don't know but opposing the rights of the person, opposing the Constitution, and opposing the American workers isn't something generally associated with the Democratic Party.

This isn't about political correctness. It's about political ideology from what I'm reading. Let the Democratic voters decide and keep the national party out of the race. Incumbency shouldn't be the basis for electing anyone.
Hillary's campaign rigged the DNC to give her the nomination but there is no reason to doubt the sister organization the DCCC is on the level.

There is no such thing as "Constitutional precedent" the so-called right to abortion is the product of an extra Constitutional SCOTUS decree. Democrats claim to be the party of the big tent but even the slightest questioning of judicial supremacy on abortion is grounds for banishment.

With immigration the Democrat policy is blindly oppose Trump even to the point of opposing policies they supported earlier.

Like the so-called right to abortion same sex marriage is another creation of SCOTUS decree. Democrats enforce support with this imperial decree with the same ruthlessness as they do support for abortion.

Nothing but excuses for Democrat intolerance are presented in an attempt to mask the overwhelming demand for absolute adherence to party approved policy.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2019, 01:27 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,300
Thanks: 55,435
Thanked 26,263 Times in 18,790 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: The Democratic Party's political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
You are aware that from the outset of his campaign Donald Trump violated the iron rules of political correctness? In his speech announcing his candidacy he pointed out the obvious falsehood of the politically correct romanticism of illegal aliens being all noble, law abiding people just looking for a better life. His campaign was pronounced stillborn for this violation of PC speach rules. It turned out this was the first of many violations of PC speach rules yet now we have President Trump.

If you are truly opposed to PC azz kissing then you ought to support the most un PC President, Donald J Trump.
his mentioning megan kelly's 'bleeding from wherever' was not un pc; it was just gross. so was him caught on tape talking about grabbing it. and brazenly insulting dead soldiers' families and insulting mccain.
btw, does john mccain retaliating in his vote strike you as un pc too?
__________________
@StephenKing
Sometimes I feel like screaming, "Everybody knows that Trump is as crooked as a broken nose and as dumb as a fencepost. Just quit sh*tting around and get him the f*ck out of there."
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2019, 08:51 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,759
Thanks: 11,104
Thanked 11,748 Times in 6,981 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: The Democratic Party's political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
his mentioning megan kelly's 'bleeding from wherever' was not un pc; it was just gross. so was him caught on tape talking about grabbing it. and brazenly insulting dead soldiers' families and insulting mccain.
btw, does john mccain retaliating in his vote strike you as un pc too?
Again you retreat into fake news talking points. In the same interview about the first debate Trump referred to Chris Wallace as bleeding from wherever too. But the pro Democrat media ignored that and you gobble up their deception. Trump apologized without reservation for his remarks on the Access Hollywood tape. Trump's crudity in private is unforegivable but Biden pawing women and girls on public stages is wiped away with I am sorry. Democrats exploiting the parents of a fallen soldier like they did with Cindy Sheehan just shows there is no limit to how far they will go for partisan ends. The parents were tossed aside by pseudo sympathetic Democrats once their usefulness to attack Trump was over.

McCain's vote to scuttle Obamacare reform after promising he would vote for it was pure spite.

None of the fake news talking points you mention have any relevance to Trump defying PC rules. Partisan political smears have been a part of Presidential politics since Adams and Jefferson campaigned for the office. Contemporary PC dictates that candidates cannot say certain things, like some illegal aliens are rapists and murderers, even if true. Trump defies those rules but won anyway.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
correctness, democratic, party, political, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0