Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal at the General Forum; Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal I urge you to read the whole article. Shows ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2019, 09:44 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,427
Thanks: 55,482
Thanked 26,303 Times in 18,828 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

I urge you to read the whole article. Shows how much influence the US has over the world. Countries with gold or oil assets (Somalia?) don't stand a chance if we really want to take their assets.
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:37 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,835
Thanks: 11,175
Thanked 11,846 Times in 7,028 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Sigh, another of your posts where you haven't bothered to read the linked article.

Citi group is seeking guidance about US plans for further sanctions on Venezuela ahead of possibly making a loan to prop up the Venezuelan dictator. Of course Venezuela is beset by titanic inflation and has depleted 40% of its gold reserves to foreign, non US, creditors.

Quote:
Maduro blew through more than 40 percent of Venezuela’s gold reserves last year to firms in the United Arab Emirates and Turkey in a desperate bid to fund government programs and pay some creditors.
Citibank wouldn't exist without the $30 billion in bailout money from the US taxpayer. They claim to be of such high moral standing they have to undercut Second amendment rights but here they are wanting to prop up the Venezuelan dictator with a risky loan.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2019, 02:32 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,427
Thanks: 55,482
Thanked 26,303 Times in 18,828 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Sigh, another of your posts where you haven't bothered to read the linked article.

Citi group is seeking guidance about US plans for further sanctions on Venezuela ahead of possibly making a loan to prop up the Venezuelan dictator. Of course Venezuela is beset by titanic inflation and has depleted 40% of its gold reserves to foreign, non US, creditors.



Citibank wouldn't exist without the $30 billion in bailout money from the US taxpayer. They claim to be of such high moral standing they have to undercut Second amendment rights but here they are wanting to prop up the Venezuelan dictator with a risky loan.
Yes I read it and read your quoted text. You take that out of context but doesn't matter.
The story shows how much influence we have over other peoples' money and assets. That is what I'm getting at.
And yes if Maduro was allowed trade with other countries to sell his own goods he wouldn't be selling oil to India and China at bargain prices. But the United States policy is to drive his people to the brink swoop in as a savior and effect regime change to steal what belong to the citizens of Venezuela-their oil fields. If we can steal their gold too (making UK not return paid for gold collateral) that's icing on the cake with military industrialists.
I know it's a losing battle against the bastards who run the world, but I will not be silent on the issue.
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2019, 03:08 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,835
Thanks: 11,175
Thanked 11,846 Times in 7,028 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Yes I read it and read your quoted text. You take that out of context but doesn't matter.
The story shows how much influence we have over other peoples' money and assets. That is what I'm getting at.
And yes if Maduro was allowed trade with other countries to sell his own goods he wouldn't be selling oil to India and China at bargain prices. But the United States policy is to drive his people to the brink swoop in as a savior and effect regime change to steal what belong to the citizens of Venezuela-their oil fields. If we can steal their gold too (making UK not return paid for gold collateral) that's icing on the cake with military industrialists.
I know it's a losing battle against the bastards who run the world, but I will not be silent on the issue.
Maduro gladly sells his crude to the US at market rates because the US is Venezuela's primary cash customer. We are capitalist scum to him but cash is cash.

Oil is Venezuelas's top export and the US is the biggest customer. Other countries may decline to trade with his regime but the country's problems are due to first Chavez and then Maduro mismanagement of the economy.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:55 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,427
Thanks: 55,482
Thanked 26,303 Times in 18,828 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Maduro gladly sells his crude to the US at market rates because the US is Venezuela's primary cash customer. We are capitalist scum to him but cash is cash.

Oil is Venezuelas's top export and the US is the biggest customer. Other countries may decline to trade with his regime but the country's problems are due to first Chavez and then Maduro mismanagement of the economy.
I don't know why we buy oil from anyone but that's a different discussion.

if maduro made mistakes then the people of his country will rectify them next election. russia is giving them aid and cuba was due to do the same.
we did not take help from cuba during and after 9 eleven. maduro is of the same mind set as bush.
its not our country its theirs. we should butt out
what do you wanna bet refugees are being refused from there?
trump big talky from both sides of mouthy
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2019, 08:58 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,427
Thanks: 55,482
Thanked 26,303 Times in 18,828 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Maduro gladly sells his crude to the US at market rates because the US is Venezuela's primary cash customer. We are capitalist scum to him but cash is cash.

Oil is Venezuelas's top export and the US is the biggest customer. Other countries may decline to trade with his regime but the country's problems are due to first Chavez and then Maduro mismanagement of the economy.
trump put sanctions on venz oil in january.
i just happened to see that in an article
https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...Sanctions.html


another link says

Washington imposed economic penalties against Venezuela’s state oil giant PDVSA, freezing $7 billion of the company’s assets. The sanctions also block payments to PDVSA accounts with buyers of Venezuela’s oil directed to deposit all transactions in a separate account, to which the company doesn’t have access.

The US Treasury issued temporary permits for buying Venezuelan crude to foreign companies until the current deals are expired, and the firms find new suppliers with the deadline set by the White House to expire on April 28.

The latest sanctions also prohibit US sales of naphtha to the Bolivarian Republic. Naphtha is a mixture, produced from natural gas condensates or petroleum distillates, which is used to dilute thick, heavy crude to make it flow. https://www.rt.com/business/452148-u...imports-surge/
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2019, 07:09 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,835
Thanks: 11,175
Thanked 11,846 Times in 7,028 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
trump put sanctions on venz oil in january.
i just happened to see that in an article
https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...Sanctions.html


another link says

Washington imposed economic penalties against Venezuela’s state oil giant PDVSA, freezing $7 billion of the company’s assets. The sanctions also block payments to PDVSA accounts with buyers of Venezuela’s oil directed to deposit all transactions in a separate account, to which the company doesn’t have access.

The US Treasury issued temporary permits for buying Venezuelan crude to foreign companies until the current deals are expired, and the firms find new suppliers with the deadline set by the White House to expire on April 28.

The latest sanctions also prohibit US sales of naphtha to the Bolivarian Republic. Naphtha is a mixture, produced from natural gas condensates or petroleum distillates, which is used to dilute thick, heavy crude to make it flow. https://www.rt.com/business/452148-u...imports-surge/
The Venezuelan economy collapsed well before January. Maduro was repressing human rights well before then. Yet, you still support the Venezuelan dictatorship because Trump opposes it.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2019, 07:19 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,892
Thanks: 7,189
Thanked 4,868 Times in 2,773 Posts
Default Re: Citi in Talks With Treasury Over $1.1 Billion Maduro Gold Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't know
You should have just stopped right there and your post would have been accurate. The rest is just more babble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
why we buy oil from anyone but that's a different discussion.

if maduro made mistakes then the people of his country will rectify them next election. russia is giving them aid and cuba was due to do the same.
we did not take help from cuba during and after 9 eleven. maduro is of the same mind set as bush.
its not our country its theirs. we should butt out
what do you wanna bet refugees are being refused from there?
trump big talky from both sides of mouthy
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
$11, billion, citi, deal, gold, maduro, over, talks, treasury, with

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0