Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss There will be no Trump collapse. at the General Forum; This is my first post so I thought I'd try to generate some debate. I've got some advice for the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 440
Thanks: 180
Thanked 206 Times in 134 Posts
Default There will be no Trump collapse.

This is my first post so I thought I'd try to generate some debate.

I've got some advice for the TDS crowd. Read this if you can, because a little bit of medicine now could make swallowing later a whole lot easier. Or as I said to quite a few friends and family last year, think it is rough on you now? Just wait and see, because it is going to be a long eight years ahead for you.

David Von Drehle: Don't expect Trump's political fortunes to collapse; Do expect him to dominate the political debate | Othercolumnists | tulsaworld.com
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schochite For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:54 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,863
Thanks: 9,692
Thanked 7,827 Times in 5,008 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Not a bad piece, and surprisingly realistic.

I am an independent, and while I didn't vote for Trump, I accept the fact that he won the election. Just as I have with any president, I expect them to prove themselves one way or another, before I judge them a failure or a success.

So far, Trump's not doing too badly. But he has at least two more years to screw things up, or make us fly.

I'll wait and see.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,262
Thanks: 3,568
Thanked 4,453 Times in 3,129 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Trump gains steam everyday. The left is so busy hating on him, they are not able to see what is happening.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 440
Thanks: 180
Thanked 206 Times in 134 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Not a bad piece, and surprisingly realistic.

I am an independent, and while I didn't vote for Trump, I accept the fact that he won the election. Just as I have with any president, I expect them to prove themselves one way or another, before I judge them a failure or a success.

So far, Trump's not doing too badly. But he has at least two more years to screw things up, or make us fly.

I'll wait and see.
I agree, glad you enjoyed it. I'm fairly confident that in the next two years the TDS crowd will excitedly and frantically keep on indulging in the exact same behavior and lunacy they are now. In fact I expect them to ramp the lunacy all the way up to 11 the closer we get to the next election. Simply making Trump's path that much easier for him.

To the TDS crowd I'd say that's not a blue wave folks, that's just a blue wave of Tidy Bowl coming at you.

Of course I could always be wrong. But I do have money bet on this so I hope not!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,728
Thanks: 1,846
Thanked 11,711 Times in 7,323 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Our economy has been freakin' outstanding under Trump, reaching and breaking heights and records not seen in a very long time. He's also excelled in many other areas. The only thing that could slow down the progress of the Trump Train is if libs take the Senate and/or the House.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 440
Thanks: 180
Thanked 206 Times in 134 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Our economy has been freakin' outstanding under Trump, reaching and breaking heights and records not seen in a very long time. He's also excelled in many other areas. The only thing that could slow down the progress of the Trump Train is if libs take the Senate and/or the House.
Well I'll say the following, without detracting from Trump's accomplishments so far. We are in about our eighth year of recovery and Trump in addition to doing some positive things, also benefits by his timing upon coming into office.

Trump could always implode too, but I get the feeling he won't. The TDS crowd has tried to burn him in the crucible but really only served to strengthen his hand and his standing, so completely lunatic and 24/7 is their non stop shrieking. And as I said earlier today, I expect they will only shriek more and more as we approach the next election. I don't think the DNC has a chance of stealing the house and senate. For that very reason. I hate Trump is not a really smart political platform.

Or anything much else either.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 10:49 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,429
Thanks: 2,094
Thanked 33,122 Times in 19,261 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schochite View Post
I agree, glad you enjoyed it. I'm fairly confident that in the next two years the TDS crowd will excitedly and frantically keep on indulging in the exact same behavior and lunacy they are now. In fact I expect them to ramp the lunacy all the way up to 11 the closer we get to the next election. Simply making Trump's path that much easier for him.
That's the way I see it, too...

Come election season, the "average joe" will think "Will I vote for the guy who didn't make everything crash, and, in fact, made things a little better? Or do I vote for the candidate over there foaming at the mouth and looking like they need a rabies shot?"....
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 10:53 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 77,267
Thanks: 54,332
Thanked 25,807 Times in 18,388 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schochite View Post
This is my first post so I thought I'd try to generate some debate.

I've got some advice for the TDS crowd. Read this if you can, because a little bit of medicine now could make swallowing later a whole lot easier. Or as I said to quite a few friends and family last year, think it is rough on you now? Just wait and see, because it is going to be a long eight years ahead for you.

David Von Drehle: Don't expect Trump's political fortunes to collapse; Do expect him to dominate the political debate | Othercolumnists | tulsaworld.com
Seeing the country's collapse under the weight of unrelenting propaganda, I don't doubt what you say, but pray for a miracle.
__________________
Do not mind anything that anyone tells you about anyone else. Judge everyone and everything for yourself.
Henry James
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 11:00 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 440
Thanks: 180
Thanked 206 Times in 134 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
That's the way I see it, too...

Come election season, the "average joe" will think "Will I vote for the guy who didn't make everything crash, and, in fact, made things a little better? Or do I vote for the candidate over there foaming at the mouth and looking like they need a rabies shot?"....
A co-worker and I were talking the other day about the frequency with which each new Trump "scandal" headline breaks in the twenty four hour news cycle. We put it at about every two hours, twenty four hours a day. For sixteen months now. You add in the non stop lunacy hand wringing and pronouncements that he is a a racist, a nazi who wants to eat all the children and rape all of the women and possibly beat his wife and sent her into hiding? You've got an already jaded public really weary of it all. Keep in mind what the public thought of congress and the news media before Trump even got sworn in. Neither of them have done anything to alleviate their perception since then, rather the opposite.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schochite For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 440
Thanks: 180
Thanked 206 Times in 134 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Seeing the country's collapse under the weight of unrelenting propaganda, I don't doubt what you say, but pray for a miracle.
Yeah, but even prayer won't make "I hate Trump" a winning cause for the democrats.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schochite For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
collapse, there, trump, will

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0