Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss There will be no Trump collapse. at the General Forum; Originally Posted by GottaGo You might be surprised (I know I was) how many normally even keeled reasonable people turned ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 134
Thanks: 43
Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
You might be surprised (I know I was) how many normally even keeled reasonable people turned into 'resistance' and Trump haters.

The man is a twit with an ego the size of Texas. BUT he is exactly what most politicians fear - a non-politician. And unfortunately, many on the left side of things (I won't call them liberals, that's too vague a term) see him undoing things the left has been pushing for for years.

While I do lean right on some things, I lean left on others. What Trump is doing can't truly be judged failure or success until 5 or 10 years from now, but the Hate crowd has it judged before it even happens.

They need a salable platform. IMO, just as with Hillary's all negative campaign, the Hate campaign isn't going to work.

The man is a twit with an ego the size of Texas. BUT he is exactly what most politicians fear - a non-politician. And unfortunately, many on the left side of things (I won't call them liberals, that's too vague a term) see him undoing things the left has been pushing for for years.

While I do lean right on some things, I lean left on others. What Trump is doing can't truly be judged failure or success until 5 or 10 years from now, but the Hate crowd has it judged before it even happens.

They need a salable platform. IMO, just as with Hillary's all negative campaign, the Hate campaign isn't going to work.[/QUOTE]

Actually no I would not be surprised at all about how many people have TDS. I've got some good friends and a couple of family members who have it. Plus I've watched non stop outrage syndrome grow and grow to the point of cottage industry. Particularly with the advent of social media . I lean left on some issues and right on others and the only theory I espouse that I try to cleave to are the tenants of classical liberalism. As well as keep an open and follow the evidence. And money of course.

I can't say I disagree with your Trump assessment.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2018, 02:45 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,143
Thanks: 7,226
Thanked 10,041 Times in 5,714 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Exactly. The best thing the government can do to help recovery during a recession is the cut government spending, taxes and regulations. During down periods, there is enough stress on the economy such that the government should not add to it, but look to become an even smaller entity and removing it's tentacles from wallets of businesses trying to survive.

A great example of this is the depression of 1837. This recession was very deep and yet the US came out of it in less than a year. They did so because President Van Buren slashed government spending nearly in half and lowered taxes. This allowed private industry to increase production and bring the US out of the depression.

Here is a good read on the subject:
Depression Before the Great Depression | rayharvey.org
2006 elections brought the forces together creating a massive finacia lcrisis.

Our government, and not just Obama, stepped in and the crisis was prolonged for 8-10 years.

Just as happened in the Great depression 1930's.

What no one remembers,,,,;
Right after the Woodrow Wilson Progressivism years, the worst financial crisis of our nation happened. It is seldom ever discussed, because the government did nothing and it was over in less than 18 months.

No soup lines or homelessness. Banks and financial speculators lost their fortunes whilst the average American didn't even notice.

The country got back on it's financial feet, the bad bankers and moneychangers lost their bets and disappeared. We then had years of prosperity.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,496
Thanks: 2,927
Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,835 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
2006 elections brought the forces together creating a massive finacia lcrisis.

Our government, and not just Obama, stepped in and the crisis was prolonged for 8-10 years.

Just as happened in the Great depression 1930's.

What no one remembers,,,,;
Right after the Woodrow Wilson Progressivism years, the worst financial crisis of our nation happened. It is seldom ever discussed, because the government did nothing and it was over in less than 18 months.

No soup lines or homelessness. Banks and financial speculators lost their fortunes whilst the average American didn't even notice.

The country got back on it's financial feet, the bad bankers and moneychangers lost their bets and disappeared. We then had years of prosperity.
We are looking at years of future prosperity now, if they can keep it together and not let the Democrats ruin it. Our prosperity is going to be a huge stumbling block for the left.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:49 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 134
Thanks: 43
Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
You might be surprised (I know I was) how many normally even keeled reasonable people turned into 'resistance' and Trump haters.

The man is a twit with an ego the size of Texas. BUT he is exactly what most politicians fear - a non-politician. And unfortunately, many on the left side of things (I won't call them liberals, that's too vague a term) see him undoing things the left has been pushing for for years.

While I do lean right on some things, I lean left on others. What Trump is doing can't truly be judged failure or success until 5 or 10 years from now, but the Hate crowd has it judged before it even happens.

They need a salable platform. IMO, just as with Hillary's all negative campaign, the Hate campaign isn't going to work.
Sorry GG, my earlier reply was sent from a mobile device and somehow the formatting got all screwed up. Here is what I meant to say minus the formatting errors.
-------------------------------------
Actually no I would not be surprised at all about how many people have TDS. I've got some good friends and a couple of family members who have it. Plus I've watched non stop outrage syndrome grow and grow to the point of cottage industry. Particularly with the advent of social media. I too lean left on some issues and right on others and the only theory I espouse cleaving to are the tenants of classical liberalism. As well as keep an open mind and follow the evidence. And the money of course!

I can't say I disagree with your Trump assessment.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2018, 08:58 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,150
Thanks: 1,436
Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,736 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schochite View Post
I had with a co-worker wherein we speculated (only half joking) that a new Trump scandal/attack headline appears about every two hours. And has been 24/7 for 16 months now.
I wouldn't say something new ever two hours but there's certainly a lot of news stories about Trump or those closely associated with him as new developments and information is uncovered by reporters.

The problem for Trump supporters is that the reporting is accurate. It's not that the reporters are inventing negative stories about Trump but instead that the facts about Donald Trump are negative.

For example yesterday the news was predominately about the new felony indictment against Paul Manafort that for the first time in the Russia investigation ties a Russian to the former Trump campaign chairman. The case is no longer The United States v Paul Manafort because it's now become The United Stetes v Paul Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik. While the current charges relate to attempted witness tampering in 2018 the connection between Manafort and Kilimnik goes back over ten years and Konstantin Kilimnik has been known to be a conduit to Russian intelligence that was in charge of the Russian intervention in the 2016 election. Manafort has his own Putin connections that he brought with him to the Trump Campaign and Konstantin Kilimnik has reportedly stated that he was responsible for the change in the Republican Platform on Russia during the 2016 Republican Convention when Manafort was the Trump campaign chairman.

If Kilimnik's reported statement that he was responsible for the change in the 2016 Republican Platform on Russia then we have the linkage of Trump>Manafort>Kilimnik>Russian Intelligence>Putin>Russian intervention in the 2016 Presidential Election. That's collusion with Russia by Donald Trump and his campaign.

This was all excellent news reporting, all of it true, and yes the news was negative but that wasn't the reporter's fault. The facts were negative, not the reporting of the facts.

There were other more minor stories about Trump and his associates yesterday where the facts were also negative. Blaming the reporters for accurately reporting the facts about what Trump and Trump's associates do because Trump and his supporters don't like the facts ignores that it's the facts that are negative, not the reporting of the facts.

There's just one hell-of-a-lot of negative facts about Donald Trump and the reporters are simply covering those negative facts. Unlike Donald Trump and Trump supporters the news media can't simply ignore the facts related to Donald Trump because they reflect negatively upon Trump..

I'm sorry if you don't like it but some of us really are interested in finding out the truth.
__________________
I CAN EXPLAIN IT TO YOU
BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT FOR YOU

Last edited by ShivaTD; 06-09-2018 at 09:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,715
Thanks: 8,590
Thanked 9,291 Times in 5,697 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
I wouldn't say something new ever two hours but there's certainly a lot of news stories about Trump or those closely associated with him as new developments and information is uncovered by reporters.

The problem for Trump supporters is that the reporting is accurate. It's not that the reporters are inventing negative stories about Trump but instead that the facts about Donald Trump are negative.

For example yesterday the news was predominately about the new felony indictment against Paul Manafort that for the first time in the Russia investigation ties a Russian to the former Trump campaign chairman. The case is no longer The United States v Paul Manafort because it's now become The United Stetes v Paul Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik. While the current charges relate to attempted witness tampering in 2018 the connection between Manafort and Kilimnik goes back over ten years and Konstantin Kilimnik has been known to be a conduit to Russian intelligence that was in charge of the Russian intervention in the 2016 election. Manafort has his own Putin connections that he brought with him to the Trump Campaign and Konstantin Kilimnik has reportedly stated that he was responsible for the change in the Republican Platform on Russia during the 2016 Republican Convention when Manafort was the Trump campaign chairman.

If Kilimnik's reported statement that he was responsible for the change in the 2016 Republican Platform on Russia then we have the linkage of Trump>Manafort>Kilimnik>Russian Intelligence>Putin>Russian intervention in the 2016 Presidential Election. That's collusion with Russia by Donald Trump and his campaign.

This was all excellent news reporting, all of it true, and yes the news was negative but that wasn't the reporter's fault. The facts were negative, not the reporting of the facts.

There were other more minor stories about Trump and his associates yesterday where the facts were also negative. Blaming the reporters for accurately reporting the facts about what Trump and Trump's associates do because Trump and his supporters don't like the facts ignores that it's the facts that are negative, not the reporting of the facts.

There's just one hell-of-a-lot of negative facts about Donald Trump and the reporters are simply covering those negative facts. Unlike Donald Trump and Trump supporters the news media can't simply ignore the facts related to Donald Trump because they reflect negatively upon Trump..

I'm sorry if you don't like it but some of us really are interested in finding out the truth.
The truth is the Mueller witch hunt indicted Manafort for alleged crime having nothing to do with Russian collision. Despite Manafort's cooperation with the investigators the special prosecutor conducted a predawn raid on Manafort's home using the same tactics as applied to violent suspects, breach the door, handcuff everyone in the house. Manafort was released on house arrest. But when it was rumored Manafort was close to being able to raise the $10 million bail that might have freed him from home confinement up pops the special persecutor with new charges based on virtually no evidence. From Manafort's attorney

Quote:
Attorney Kevin Downing wrote in the filing that the allegations are based on "the thinnest of evidence." He says a few texts messages and an 84-second phone call with two former associates provide "scant" evidence of tampering.
The attorney continues.
Quote:
Downing also argued that Manafort doesn’t know who will be called at trial, and therefore questions how his client would know that reaching out to two former colleagues meant he was reaching out to two witnesses. The attorney pointed out that prosecutors telling the court that Manafort was using encrypted applications implies he was conducting illegal activity — calling it a “not-too-subtle attempt to poison the potential jury pool” against Manafort.
These strong arm coercion tactics are entirely consistent with the behavior Mueller's top lieutenant Weinstein that led to prosecutions overturned on appeal. That doesn't matter since it's all political theater anyway.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 134
Thanks: 43
Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
I wouldn't say something new ever two hours but there's certainly a lot of news stories about Trump or those closely associated with him as new developments and information is uncovered by reporters.

The problem for Trump supporters is that the reporting is accurate. It's not that the reporters are inventing negative stories about Trump but instead that the facts about Donald Trump are negative.

For example yesterday the news was predominately about the new felony indictment against Paul Manafort that for the first time in the Russia investigation ties a Russian to the former Trump campaign chairman. The case is no longer The United States v Paul Manafort because it's now become The United Stetes v Paul Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik. While the current charges relate to attempted witness tampering in 2018 the connection between Manafort and Kilimnik goes back over ten years and Konstantin Kilimnik has been known to be a conduit to Russian intelligence that was in charge of the Russian intervention in the 2016 election. Manafort has his own Putin connections that he brought with him to the Trump Campaign and Konstantin Kilimnik has reportedly stated that he was responsible for the change in the Republican Platform on Russia during the 2016 Republican Convention when Manafort was the Trump campaign chairman.

If Kilimnik's reported statement that he was responsible for the change in the 2016 Republican Platform on Russia then we have the linkage of Trump>Manafort>Kilimnik>Russian Intelligence>Putin>Russian intervention in the 2016 Presidential Election. That's collusion with Russia by Donald Trump and his campaign.

This was all excellent news reporting, all of it true, and yes the news was negative but that wasn't the reporter's fault. The facts were negative, not the reporting of the facts.

There were other more minor stories about Trump and his associates yesterday where the facts were also negative. Blaming the reporters for accurately reporting the facts about what Trump and Trump's associates do because Trump and his supporters don't like the facts ignores that it's the facts that are negative, not the reporting of the facts.

There's just one hell-of-a-lot of negative facts about Donald Trump and the reporters are simply covering those negative facts. Unlike Donald Trump and Trump supporters the news media can't simply ignore the facts related to Donald Trump because they reflect negatively upon Trump..

I'm sorry if you don't like it but some of us really are interested in finding out the truth.
I'm sorry that you don't like it, but the fact that you ignored and dodged everything I said? Only to "hack" out a single tiny little line of what I did say, so you could type out another excuse/rationalization for the TDS news media coverage and generalize it all as "excellent news coverage" to boot? Does not make your argument very smart just at a blush. For example you were claiming voting results that were predicted actually panned out, when in fact what was predicted did not pan out. In fact republican voters appear to be doing the opposite of that which was predicted. Of course you also were claiming that the news media is not covering the Scott Pruitt story. So reality and you have a tenuous relationship at best. But sure, it is all excellent "news" reporting. Like how Trump probably had beat up Melania and she was in hiding waiting for the bruises to heal. Rather than recovering from surgery.

You are right, this is all going to pan out fantastically for you and the "new democrats" you were lauding earlier. You are clearly convinced and I gotta say, you've convinced me! :

Last edited by Schochite; 06-09-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2018, 02:46 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,249
Thanks: 53,613
Thanked 25,552 Times in 18,177 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
2006 elections brought the forces together creating a massive finacia lcrisis.

Our government, and not just Obama, stepped in and the crisis was prolonged for 8-10 years.
no you are pulling that from some orifice
w/o any help you would be starving or dead
you personally, since your business depends on the buying power of other people.
__________________
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

___Hebrews 13:2
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2018, 02:57 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,249
Thanks: 53,613
Thanked 25,552 Times in 18,177 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
...

The problem for Trump supporters is that the reporting is accurate. It's not that the reporters are inventing negative stories about Trump but instead that the facts about Donald Trump are negative.

...
__________________
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

___Hebrews 13:2
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2018, 04:16 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,143
Thanks: 7,226
Thanked 10,041 Times in 5,714 Posts
Default Re: There will be no Trump collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
no you are pulling that from some orifice
w/o any help you would be starving or dead
you personally, since your business depends on the buying power of other people.
You complain about personal attacks yet you cannot post without yourself making crude ones. I'm talking historical facts. Of what do you speak?

Taking advantage of Buying Power called an "economy." The government's contribution is at best a net nothing, at worst a cost, to that. As for my business, it only depends on my efforts to fail or succeed.

If my business were to fail, I would pickup a hammer, a hoe or a shovel, and keep one earning a living. As I have done since the age of 12.

From where comes your income???? Perhaps the same place as your perspective????


And your manners?
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
collapse, there, trump, will

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0