Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ at the General Forum; West Virginia Beatiality laws , cases. Link , link2 Facts: http://m.humanesociety.org/news/pres...ws-051217.html Sexual abuse of animals is the number one predictor ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 05:58 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,465
Thanks: 9,442
Thanked 5,723 Times in 3,854 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

West Virginia Beatiality laws , cases. Link, link2

Quote:
Facts:
http://m.humanesociety.org/news/pres...ws-051217.html
Sexual abuse of animals is the number one predictor of a person who will sexually abuse a child (Abel 2008).
The FBI researched the backgrounds of serial sexual homicide perpetrators and found high rates of sexual assault of animals (Ressler 1988). The FBI tracks bestiality as a separate crime in the National Incident Based Reporting System in the same category with rape and murder.
Multiple studies have found that nearly 40 percent of animal sexual abusers have sexually abused children.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 10:00 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,434
Thanks: 10,037
Thanked 15,160 Times in 9,192 Posts
Post Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I already stated why.
So a RED STATE in 1974 supposedly legalized bestiality in the same year they illegalized sodomy (sex between consenting adults) because "... people need to be reminded that it's okay to have feelings for those alphabet beasts"


This is why people don't take you seriously Manitou. Because you don't take such discussions seriously, unless it's convenient for you to be more serious ...


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder
I can't say why or exactly what Texas supposedly did in 1974...
And thus you dodge the entire point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder
... but it seems that people in Texas have been arrested for bestiality but under animal cruelty laws. And last year folks in Texas did in fact make laws to make it explicitly illegal to have sex with animals. It seems the case is the same in other states. It's not so much that bestiality is "Legal" it's just that there are no laws on the books explicitly against it.

legal: permitted by law.
__________________
Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,618
Thanks: 233
Thanked 5,599 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
So a RED STATE in 1974 supposedly legalized bestiality in the same year they illegalized sodomy (sex between consenting adults) because "... people need to be reminded that it's okay to have feelings for those alphabet beasts"


This is why people don't take you seriously Manitou. Because you don't take such discussions seriously, unless it's convenient for you to be more serious ...



And thus you dodge the entire point.


It appears to me somebody else other than myself is getting upset over some silly alphabet weirdos. If you do not agree that there should be only two sexes of human beings on this planet, then by all means get serious and join the alphabet people's crusade. Not me.


I dodged nothing. I don't understand why bestiality laws are still "on the books" in some conservative states, while sodomy between consenting adults is illegal. Maybe the legislators need to chew some prunes.

How about we discuss serious issues, instead of fruit salad ones?
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 11:24 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,465
Thanks: 9,442
Thanked 5,723 Times in 3,854 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
..
And thus you dodge the entire point.
your point seemed to be that Texans approved of bestiality and hated homosexuality in 1974.
my rebut shows bestiality WAS and IS still legally punished.
proving your point baseless.

Also Your linked list doesn't give details of HOW or WHY or frankly IF bestiality was removed. So it's not much of point without any details. It's just a raw assertion that puts Texas in the worse light.


Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

legal: permitted by law.

i seem to recall someone ... foundit66... who CRIED FOUL and twisted definitions to fit, when i made an analogy concerning the fact that it's LEGAL to sell cough syrup to minors, EVEN IF the sale clerk KNOWS it's being bought to be used for getting drunk. link

Somehow it wasn't really "legal", it was simply a legal " loophole".
seems to me the lack of anti-bestiality laws in a few states is easily ..by your definition... "a loophole".
Especially since animal cruelty laws DID apply in all 50 states. And the few states that didn't have SPECIFIC anti-bestiality laws are creating them.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 02-07-2018 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,444
Thanks: 323
Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
So a RED STATE in 1974 supposedly legalized bestiality in the same year they illegalized sodomy (sex between consenting adults) because "... people need to be reminded that it's okay to have feelings for those alphabet beasts"


This is why people don't take you seriously Manitou. Because you don't take such discussions seriously, unless it's convenient for you to be more serious ...



And thus you dodge the entire point.




legal: permitted by law.
Some states don't have laws specifically banning piracy, however, murder, rape, robbery, destruction of property, etc.... are all illegal.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to loboloco For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 12:55 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,465
Thanks: 9,442
Thanked 5,723 Times in 3,854 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
Some states don't have laws specifically banning piracy, however, murder, rape, robbery, destruction of property, etc.... are all illegal.
yep,

Also Specifically there are no Anti-Lynching Laws in several states, and never a law ...that pasted... against it in the U.S. congress.

Only 2 states, California and Michigan, have specific anti-torture statutes.
So torture must be "legal" in 48 states?

" legal: permitted by law."
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 02-07-2018 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,845
Thanks: 1,817
Thanked 11,339 Times in 7,071 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Make sure you watch that vid I posted if you haven't already. It's hysterical and shows just how far off the deep end libs have gone. And the sad part is they're dead-serious in it.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:21 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,465
Thanks: 9,442
Thanked 5,723 Times in 3,854 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Make sure you watch that vid I posted if you haven't already. It's hysterical and shows just how far off the deep end libs have gone. And the sad part is they're dead-serious in it.
I skipped through the 1st part of it, but after L i just skipped to Y and Z.
uurr yeah, i've seen enough. thanks.

I won't be surprised if some don't lobby for new letters in the alphabet to designate even more imagined variations of humanity/sexuality.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,618
Thanks: 233
Thanked 5,599 Times in 4,061 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Libs extended it to include the entire alphabet.

I sh*t you not.

Other countries are laughing at us.

A Ally
B Bisexual
C Coming out
D Drag
E Exhibitionist
F Femme
G Gay
H Heteroflexibile
I Intersex
J Justified
K Kink
L Lesbian
M Masc
N Non-binary
O Out
P Pansexual
Q Queer
R Real
S S & M
T Trans
U Undecided
V Vogue
W Womxn
X Xtravagant
Y You
Z Ze | Zir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ0D5W5Htc0


AAAAYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEIIIIIHHH! My eyes!
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 02:42 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,988
Thanks: 8,529
Thanked 7,001 Times in 4,240 Posts
Default Re: Alphabet Grows, Activists Push To Add K To LGBTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
West Virginia Beatiality laws , cases. Link, link2
Sorry, MW, I'm not buying the bestiality-child abuse connection. Especially coming from the humane society.

A quick Google turned up a number of papers concerning child sexual abuse indicators. Here's one the first on the list:

Studies in North America have demonstrated that certain groups of children
appear to be at higher risk for abuse than others. Among them are children
who have experienced parental divorce or separation or have lived for an
extended time without one parent; children who live with step-parents;
children whose parents are violent or hostile toward one another or toward
their children; children whose parents have an alcohol, drug abuse problem
or some debilitating psychiatric condition; children who are themselves
disabled or impaired, due to mental retardation or a physical problem such
as blindness.
There appear to be two important commonalties that underlie these risk
factors. First are conditions which compromise the quantity and quality of
adult supervision that the children receive: for example, children who live
with a single parent get less supervision. Second are conditions which can
create emotional deprivation for the children; for example, children whose
parents are rejecting will be emotionally vulnerable. Both these dynamics,
poor supervision and emotional deprivation, are exploited by offenders to
gain access and manipulate children into sexual contact.
Interestingly, social and economic deprivation are not primary risk
factors. Sexual abuse of children appears to be much less concentrated
among children of disadvantaged social classes than other forms of child
maltreatment. But sexual abuse in higher social classes is often overlooked
because professionals assume it is rare.

Not one made the connection you allege.

Your humane society quote:

http://m.humanesociety.org/news/pres...ws-051217.html
Sexual abuse of animals is the number one predictor of a person who will sexually abuse a child (Abel 2008).
The FBI researched the backgrounds of serial sexual homicide perpetrators and found high rates of sexual assault of animals (Ressler 1988). The FBI tracks bestiality as a separate crime in the National Incident Based Reporting System in the same category with rape and murder.
Multiple studies have found that nearly 40 percent of animal sexual abusers have sexually abused children.

The FBI researched serial sexual homicide perps. Not the same as child abusers.

I'd be interested in links to those multiple studies.

Last edited by jimbo; 02-07-2018 at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
activists, add, alphabet, grows, lgbtq, push, k

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0