Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what? at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Dog Man Are you thinking they don't exist? What are you offering to the person that shows ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 11:45 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,868
Thanks: 9,820
Thanked 14,915 Times in 9,032 Posts
Post Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Are you thinking they don't exist? What are you offering to the person that shows you 3 companies? Do you have a concession speech ready? or will you just move the goal posts again? And say that you need 3 more?
Without surprise, absolutely no real reply. Instead, you want to pile on excuses for why you don't know. Pile on excuses for why you don't want to answer...

Here's the thing.
Some of you guys have a need to feel victimized. You don't even bother with the facts and you don't bother to look at what is really going on.
You just assume you're victims.

You don't want to use the term, but every description you put out there fits the definition of "victim".

CindyB's list was a perfect example of this in how she blindly google searched and threw out the links without even reading them.
THE FIRST LINK MOCKED Bill O'Reilly's "war on Christmas" schtick.

You make up dumb claims like the left was the one who started "xmas". You don't care about the actual facts.
https://www.vox.com/2014/12/14/73744...xmas-christmas

You don't care that Bill O'Reilly and Fox News had advertisements for "holiday ornaments". You don't care to look at the real reasons.
You take offense but refuse to acknowledge that is what you say snowflakes do...

The truth is you don't have a clue as to what companies are supposedly telling employees to say "happy holidays" as a policy. You've assumed it as fact and you've assumed it to be a wide-spread conspiracy amongst liberals.

THAT is the point being made...


Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Kiss off, you wanted proof, I posted proof, you can't change the goal posts now Slick
As has already been documented, no you did not.
You threw out a bunch of links you didn't even bother to look at, which said a bunch of stuff. Your very first link mocked Bill O'Reilly's war on Christmas "schtick".

I asked you to give ONE of your links.
JUST ONE you would be willing to talk about.

Without surprise, you cower from the challenge. You want to pretend a diarrhea list of links somehow justifies the claim without looking at the contents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
That's exactly what it is and most unbiased people know that.
What's funny is that it's the right-wing clearly biased crowd which is proclaiming it to be true on this thread.
__________________
ďLabor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.Ē
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #152 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,649
Thanks: 2,354
Thanked 3,481 Times in 2,514 Posts
Default Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Without surprise, absolutely no real reply. Instead, you want to pile on excuses for why you don't know. Pile on excuses for why you don't want to answer...

Here's the thing.
Some of you guys have a need to feel victimized. You don't even bother with the facts and you don't bother to look at what is really going on.
You just assume you're victims.

You don't want to use the term, but every description you put out there fits the definition of "victim".

CindyB's list was a perfect example of this in how she blindly google searched and threw out the links without even reading them.
THE FIRST LINK MOCKED Bill O'Reilly's "war on Christmas" schtick.

You make up dumb claims like the left was the one who started "xmas". You don't care about the actual facts.
https://www.vox.com/2014/12/14/73744...xmas-christmas

You don't care that Bill O'Reilly and Fox News had advertisements for "holiday ornaments". You don't care to look at the real reasons.
You take offense but refuse to acknowledge that is what you say snowflakes do...

The truth is you don't have a clue as to what companies are supposedly telling employees to say "happy holidays" as a policy. You've assumed it as fact and you've assumed it to be a wide-spread conspiracy amongst liberals.

THAT is the point being made...



As has already been documented, no you did not.
You threw out a bunch of links you didn't even bother to look at, which said a bunch of stuff. Your very first link mocked Bill O'Reilly's war on Christmas "schtick".

I asked you to give ONE of your links.
JUST ONE you would be willing to talk about.

Without surprise, you cower from the challenge. You want to pretend a diarrhea list of links somehow justifies the claim without looking at the contents.



What's funny is that it's the right-wing clearly biased crowd which is proclaiming it to be true on this thread.
I'm sorry you didn't like the links provided for you. There are thousands more. How many more would you like to read?

Why is it that they changed to Holiday tree ? Someone must have been offended by Christmas tree.

Or are using saying that it was organic? and people started doing it without anyone saying anything about Christmas?

I guess these corporations are just doing it because they are good people.

God Bless them.
Reply With Quote
  #153 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 05:16 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,868
Thanks: 9,820
Thanked 14,915 Times in 9,032 Posts
Post Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I'm sorry you didn't like the links provided for you. There are thousands more. How many more would you like to read?
Cut the crap D-Man.
I've already explained what I want.

I want just one link that you or CindyB or whoever would want to actually discuss.
Knock off this crap where you try to drown others in a diarrhea of links that you don't even look at.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Why is it that they changed to Holiday tree ? Someone must have been offended by Christmas tree.
Are you a mind-reader?

As I said earlier, the people in this thread showing they take offense have been you and other right-wingers.
I don't take offense to somebody saying "Merry Christmas".
BUT YOU DO take offense to people saying "Happy Holidays".

The problem is you aren't interested in talking TO anybody on this subject. You're just repeating yourself and refusing to actually engage in the discussion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Or are using saying that it was organic? and people started doing it without anyone saying anything about Christmas?
I guess these corporations are just doing it because they are good people.
God Bless them.
You let me know when you're ready to discuss that picture, because that discussion has a LOT to say about understanding both sides of the equation...

The real problem is people like you want to be "inclusive" when you feel like it (and often it's not real inclusivity), and when it doesn't suit your agenda you want to state it offends you...
Catering to people who are offended... Isn't that what people call "snowflakes" and "politically correct"???
__________________
ďLabor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.Ē
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #154 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:00 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,195
Thanks: 7,091
Thanked 4,426 Times in 2,679 Posts
Default Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

I looked at the links I posted Founditt, those links proved you guys wrong and you don't like it. You need to man up.


And Salty, yes I am a female, women are allowed to use caps.

Only alt right men use caps? I swear you make this stupid stuff up.
__________________
CindyB - Proud Trump Supporter
Peace Through Strength
Reply With Quote
  #155 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:27 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,868
Thanks: 9,820
Thanked 14,915 Times in 9,032 Posts
Post Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
I looked at the links I posted Founditt, those links proved you guys wrong and you don't like it. You need to man up.
You keep saying that, but when people talk about what is actually in those links you cower from the conversation...

If you had looked at those links, you would not have posted the first link you provided. It clearly was mocking Bill O'Reilly's "schtick" of war on Christmas claims...
Why would you post that as "proof"?


Like I said, pick one of those links which you want to discuss the contents, and then we'll talk.
Just one you'll be willing to defend.

Cause right now, what we have is you posting a diarrhea dump of links you blindly cut and paste from a google search and you aren't willing to defend any of them...
__________________
ďLabor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.Ē
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #156 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:28 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,640
Thanks: 1,506
Thanked 8,261 Times in 5,197 Posts
Default Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
I looked at the links I posted Founditt, those links proved you guys wrong and you don't like it. You need to man up.


And Salty, yes I am a female, women are allowed to use caps.

Only alt right men use caps? I swear you make this stupid stuff up.
Was it the story about the stripper pole that proved it?
__________________
"Growing up really poor means realizing in your twenties that mommy was lying when she said she already ate " - Reddit poor thread
Reply With Quote
  #157 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 2,771
Thanked 3,027 Times in 2,365 Posts
Default Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

Oh no, the real proof there is a war on Christmas is Sherriff Joe cant torture his prisoners with Alvin Christmas music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Was it the story about the stripper pole that proved it?
__________________
Grab her by the *****, Vote Roy Moore.

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #158 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:56 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,906
Thanks: 8,925
Thanked 3,515 Times in 2,306 Posts
Default Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
there is no war on christmas. we are spending millions promoting it in shops across this great land.
Certainly, merchants are "promoting" Christmas precisely because it is in their financial self-interest to do so.

But the culture is quite another matter.

First, it has taken Christ out of Christmas. It is now, essentially, just Santa Claus Day.

Next, many will note (correctly, of course) that Santa Claus is just a made-up figure (with the attendant implication that Jesus Christ is, too).
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got itÖ"óGeorge Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #159 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,868
Thanks: 9,820
Thanked 14,915 Times in 9,032 Posts
Post Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?


This country is made up of 75% Christians.
And the message from the right is that recognizing greed is claimed to be none of anybody else's business...

And now people want to complain that businesses are acting out of financial interest instead of Christian recognition?

There is a lesson in all this but I think those that need to learn it won't...
__________________
ďLabor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.Ē
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #160 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,163
Thanks: 2,771
Thanked 3,027 Times in 2,365 Posts
Default Re: So It's not a WAR on Christmas...But itís what?

I have always said it would be terribly difficult to be a Christian and a member of either party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

This country is made up of 75% Christians.
And the message from the right is that recognizing greed is claimed to be none of anybody else's business...

And now people want to complain that businesses are acting out of financial interest instead of Christian recognition?

There is a lesson in all this but I think those that need to learn it won't...
__________________
Grab her by the *****, Vote Roy Moore.

-Donald
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Surly For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
christmasbut, itís, not, war, what

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0