Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Can we talk? at the General Forum; Originally Posted by saltwn I'll take your word that filling vacancies might be superseded by the president, he does have ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 11:27 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,689
Thanks: 8,549
Thanked 9,260 Times in 5,679 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I'll take your word that filling vacancies might be superseded by the president, he does have a lot of power. we've been seeing that for years now.
but so far the present commission has stopped additional banks from getting too big to fail. And there is a watch on what banks do in relation to the schemes they came up with leading to the recession.
Also who trump wants to appoint is against having an oversight agency to guard against selling 100% of your mortgage to 300% of its actual total.
Why would he do that?
Dodd Frank created 2 unaccountable bureaucracies one for banks and another for consumer credit. Both are funded directly by the Federal Reserve with no Congressional oversight. Neither has an inspector general. They are unaccountable bureaucracies with unlimited budgets. What could go wrong?

Trump is asserting his authority to appoint an interim director of the consumer finance bureaucrats. That has nothing to do with the mortgage meltdown. No other Federal bureaucracy claims any authority for the outgoing director to appoint a successor. As Obama haughtily proclaimed if Republicans want their ideas considered they must first win elections. The same is true for Democrats wanting to preserve a favored bureaucrat.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 12:13 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,767
Thanks: 8,306
Thanked 6,878 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Jimbo will probably keep asking what law Trump broke instead of addressing the issue of consumer protection and why it was set up like it was. This is what he calls debate. Simply excusing Trump. I have him on ignore but I will bet a donut that is his response to all of this.
You are correct, Mikeyy. When someone says a law was broken, I want to know what law, and how. Otherwise there is nothing to debate.

I did not mention President Trump. But if I was not on pretend ignore you would know that.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 03:54 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,191
Thanks: 9,299
Thanked 5,535 Times in 3,743 Posts
Default Re: Can we talk?

bump to read later
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 04:10 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,142
Thanks: 53,562
Thanked 25,539 Times in 18,169 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
What law was broken?
dodd frank
__________________
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

___Hebrews 13:2
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 04:17 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,142
Thanks: 53,562
Thanked 25,539 Times in 18,169 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Dodd Frank created 2 unaccountable bureaucracies one for banks and another for consumer credit. Both are funded directly by the Federal Reserve with no Congressional oversight. Neither has an inspector general. They are unaccountable bureaucracies with unlimited budgets. What could go wrong?

Trump is asserting his authority to appoint an interim director of the consumer finance bureaucrats. That has nothing to do with the mortgage meltdown. No other Federal bureaucracy claims any authority for the outgoing director to appoint a successor. As Obama haughtily proclaimed if Republicans want their ideas considered they must first win elections. The same is true for Democrats wanting to preserve a favored bureaucrat.
why at this time while he's been found to have targeted money laundering countries in his business partnerships, and that those he did lend his brand to have actually been laundering money,
why would he do this now?
does he want to get caught?
the meme about no oversight is strange. if there were infractions even thought of he could fire someone on that committee.
no. he does not want oversight of banks. he does want too big to fail banks. but why?
__________________
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

___Hebrews 13:2
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 04:49 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,767
Thanks: 8,306
Thanked 6,878 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
dodd frank
Explain?

Exactly how and when?
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Can we talk?

I took Jimbo off ignore to check if I was right. I was. Jimbo, do you understand the subject is not Trump's legality as much as it is putting a guy in charge who does not have the consumers interest at heart. Why can't you for one god damned time address the fuqing topic instead of playing BS games? I know you think it's your job here to defend Trump. I will just put you back to ignore but I just never get the point of your trollish behavior. You know what the point of the story is.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 06:41 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,767
Thanks: 8,306
Thanked 6,878 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I took Jimbo off ignore to check if I was right. I was. Jimbo, do you understand the subject is not Trump's legality as much as it is putting a guy in charge who does not have the consumers interest at heart. Why can't you for one god damned time address the fuqing topic instead of playing BS games? I know you think it's your job here to defend Trump. I will just put you back to ignore but I just never get the point of your trollish behavior. You know what the point of the story is.
Is anyone here on the right worried that Trump broke a law put in place to protect us from crooked bankers?

Opening sentence, Mikeyy.

Subject "Re: Can we talk?"

So let's talk.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Is anyone here on the right worried that Trump broke a law put in place to protect us from crooked bankers?.

I sure am not worried even a little bit.

Carry on, with the discussion.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Can we talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
I sure am not worried even a little bit.

Carry on, with the discussion.

Regards, Kirk
Because you believe whatever trump does is in your best interest.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
can, talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0