Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 The context of the Q&A was clear. REPORTER: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:18 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 9,017
Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,728 Posts
Default Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post


The context of the Q&A was clear.
REPORTER: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville.

TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.
The context was talking about the people who attended the rallies in Charlottesville.
It was not just "issue of the statues".

Don't talk to me about "word games". People who try to paraphrase Trump as saying something that was completely different from the context are the ones playing word games.
Once again, you are hearing what you wanted to hear. Arguing on a forum with you will not change your mind. I know what he was saying and I agree with him. There are very fine people that want the statues removed as well as very fine people that oppose it. There are also scum bags on both sides of the issue. So what?
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:21 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Default Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Once again, you are hearing what you wanted to hear. Arguing on a forum with you will not change your mind. I know what he was saying and I agree with him. There are very fine people that want the statues removed as well as very fine people that oppose it. There are also scum bags on both sides of the issue. So what?

YOUR statement? I can agree with.

That's not what Trump said though.

TRUMP'S ACTUAL STATEMENT was in context of the protestors in Charlottesville. I showed that in the actual quoted Q&A.

And if you have any confusion on who went to Charlottesville for this protest, watch the video...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:22 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 9,017
Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,728 Posts
Default Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Watch the video above.
Just watch it. And then tell me what these people were like...
I don't believe the statues should be removed, yet I highly doubt I am in that video as I did not attend any of the rallies there. I also believe that there were other people there that did not appear in your video. Does that mean that they didn't protest because some MSM news camera did not focus on them? Anecdotal evidence is not proof.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
I don't believe the statues should be removed, yet I highly doubt I am in that video as I did not attend any of the rallies there. I also believe that there were other people there that did not appear in your video. Does that mean that they didn't protest because some MSM news camera did not focus on them? Anecdotal evidence is not proof.
WHO DO YOU THINK ORGANIZED THIS RALLY?


Let's try a different tactic.
IF you want to agree with Trump's actual statement that there were "very fine people" at Charlottesville protesting statue removal, then simply name who you think qualifies.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 9,017
Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,728 Posts
Default Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

YOUR statement? I can agree with.

That's not what Trump said though.

TRUMP'S ACTUAL STATEMENT was in context of the protestors in Charlottesville. I showed that in the actual quoted Q&A.

And if you have any confusion on who went to Charlottesville for this protest, watch the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg
Correct. And once again, not all of the protesters that where in Charolettesville where KKK, Nazi, etc. I realize that the camera's are going to focus on those groups due to the shock value. It just isn't as much fun or effective for the narrative to show the peaceful conservatives NOT screaming, cussing and starting fights when you can lump the Nazi's in with them to show how racist everyone the right is.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:31 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 9,017
Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,728 Posts
Default Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
WHO DO YOU THINK ORGANIZED THIS RALLY?


Let's try a different tactic.
IF you want to agree with Trump's actual statement that there were "very fine people" at Charlottesville protesting statue removal, then simply name who you think qualifies.
So you're saying that in the city of Charlottesville on that day, the only people there that opposed the removal of the statues were Nazis and other hate groups? Of the thousands of people in that city, they were the only ones that opposed it?

You are doing exactly what you accuse those of us on the right of doing by painting those with whom you disagree, with a fairly wide brush.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:35 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,584
Thanks: 10,286
Thanked 8,450 Times in 5,013 Posts
Default Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post


The context of the Q&A was clear.
REPORTER: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville.

TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.
The context was talking about the people who attended the rallies in Charlottesville.
It was not just "issue of the statues".

Don't talk to me about "word games". People who try to paraphrase Trump as saying something that was completely different from the context are the ones playing word games.


And regarding Trump's comment on what people "didn't put themselves down as", racists habitually deny acknowledging they are racist.
KKK members insist they’re not “white supremacists”



Watch the video above.
Just watch it. And then tell me what these people were like...
You are just digging yourself a deeper hole.

These people? Who exactly are these people?

There are millions who don't like history being destroyed. Do you mean those these people? The hundreds actively protesting the removal in CVille? Those people?

I'm not going to watch your video. I've probably seen it before. I've seen others like it. It has nothing to do with what Trump said.

There were a few so called nazis, many more statue removal protesters. Millions more general statue, flag, and history removal protesters.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:37 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 9,017
Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,728 Posts
Default Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Signer noted that a city commission’s report found that many African-Americans in Charlottesville opposed removing the statue “on the grounds that that it would be yet another example of hiding their experience.”
I wonder if all those African-Americans that oppose the removal of the statues, are in the KKK or are Nazi's?

Amid Charlottesville backlash, some are asking if statue removal push has gone too far | Fox News
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:39 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
You are just digging yourself a deeper hole.
These people? Who exactly are these people?
It's kind of funny how you accuse me of taking Trump out of context, and then you demonstrate that's exactly what you're doing to me.

I'm referencing those who went to that specific protest against statue removal in Charlottesville, organized by racists.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
There are millions who don't like history being destroyed. Do you mean those these people? The hundreds actively protesting the removal in CVille? Those people?
Those who went to the racists' protest in CVille.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I'm not going to watch your video. I've probably seen it before. I've seen others like it. It has nothing to do with what Trump said.
It shows exactly who organized this rally and what people were saying there.
But I understand your desire to stick your head in the sand.

If you say you've "probably seen it before", do you admit that this protest was explicitly organized by racists?
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 12:42 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Hate in America: Where it comes from and why it's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
I wonder if all those African-Americans that oppose the removal of the statues, are in the KKK or are Nazi's?
Amid Charlottesville backlash, some are asking if statue removal push has gone too far | Fox News
It's funny how you guys complain I'm taking Trump out of context, and then that's exactly what you try to do with me.

Can you show me WHICH of those African-Americans were marching alongside the nazi flags and confederate flags in Charlottesville?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue
So you're saying that in the city of Charlottesville on that day, the only people there that opposed the removal of the statues were Nazis and other hate groups? Of the thousands of people in that city, they were the only ones that opposed it?
Is that what I said?


There were obviously a lot of people in Charlottesville who never attended the protest.
I'm talking about the protestors.
I've quoted Trump's reply to the question. They were talking about people who showed up in Charlottesville for this protest.

So quit trying to pretend I'm saying something I am clearly not saying.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
america, and, back, comes, from, hate, where, why

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0