Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through. at the General Forum; Because he is a fat orange liar. One of the most stunning parts of the White House’s debacle over Donald ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Because he is a fat orange liar.

One of the most stunning parts of the White House’s debacle over Donald Trump’s recent call to a Gold Star family was how it caught both the president and the chief of staff in outright lies.

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told a story to discredit a congresswoman that turned out to be completely fabricated, as video from the event later showed.

Trump, who was mad that Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) said he insulted a fallen soldier’s widow during a condolence call by telling her that her husband “knew what he signed up for.” Trump tweeted that Wilson was lying ― and he had the goods to back up his claim.

Trump did not have any proof. Even the White House later admitted that there was no recording of the call. And both the mother and widow of Sgt. La David Johnson eventually said Wilson was accurate in her recounting of what happened.

This situation played out pretty typically for Trump: He makes a claim, he says he has proof and but then he never produces the aforementioned proof.

This situation goes beyond simply saying something untrue. Trump also does that all the time ― such as saying that “thousands” of people in New Jersey, primarily Muslim Americans, were cheering as the World Trade Center towers fell on Sept. 11, or that he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton because millions of undocumented immigrants cast ballots.

Below are some examples when Trump has not only made a wild claim, but also has promised to provide evidence ― which never came through:

Birther Conspiracy: “I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re finding,” Trump said in 2011, stating that he sent investigators to Hawaii to look into whether President Barack Obama was born in the United States.

Conversations With James Comey: In May, Trump tried to scare James Comey, upset that the then-FBI director would not stop the Russia investigation and pledge his loyalty to him. He hinted that he may have recordings of their conversations.

Trump later admitted he had no such tapes.

Russian Election Interference: Trump was long skeptical of the intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election and in December, he hinted that he had secret information that could disprove its analysis: “I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation ... You’ll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday.” Nothing ever came of that promise.

Allegations Of Assault: At least a dozen women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct. He has denied all of their allegations, even insulting their physical appearance and saying he didn’t find them attractive enough to assault. Last year, Trump also said he would provide evidence to show his innocence: “We already have substantial evidence to dispute these lies, and it will be made public in an appropriate way and at an appropriate time — very soon.” Trump has never produced anything, and the White House continues to say the women are lying.

Iraq War Opposition: During the campaign, Trump repeatedly claimed that he had opposed the Iraq invasion. He even said that if journalists simply searched old news articles, they’d find public statements to back him up. “If you look at 2003, there are articles. If you look at 2004, there are articles,” he said in February 2016. No one has been able to find public statements from Trump before the invasion saying he opposed it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-oft...170704149.html
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Because he is a fat orange liar.

One of the most stunning parts of the White House’s debacle over Donald Trump’s recent call to a Gold Star family was how it caught both the president and the chief of staff in outright lies.

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told a story to discredit a congresswoman that turned out to be completely fabricated, as video from the event later showed.

Trump, who was mad that Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) said he insulted a fallen soldier’s widow during a condolence call by telling her that her husband “knew what he signed up for.” Trump tweeted that Wilson was lying ― and he had the goods to back up his claim.

Trump did not have any proof. Even the White House later admitted that there was no recording of the call. And both the mother and widow of Sgt. La David Johnson eventually said Wilson was accurate in her recounting of what happened.

This situation played out pretty typically for Trump: He makes a claim, he says he has proof and but then he never produces the aforementioned proof.

This situation goes beyond simply saying something untrue. Trump also does that all the time ― such as saying that “thousands” of people in New Jersey, primarily Muslim Americans, were cheering as the World Trade Center towers fell on Sept. 11, or that he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton because millions of undocumented immigrants cast ballots.

Below are some examples when Trump has not only made a wild claim, but also has promised to provide evidence ― which never came through:

Birther Conspiracy: “I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re finding,” Trump said in 2011, stating that he sent investigators to Hawaii to look into whether President Barack Obama was born in the United States.

Conversations With James Comey: In May, Trump tried to scare James Comey, upset that the then-FBI director would not stop the Russia investigation and pledge his loyalty to him. He hinted that he may have recordings of their conversations.

Trump later admitted he had no such tapes.

Russian Election Interference: Trump was long skeptical of the intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election and in December, he hinted that he had secret information that could disprove its analysis: “I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation ... You’ll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday.” Nothing ever came of that promise.

Allegations Of Assault: At least a dozen women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct. He has denied all of their allegations, even insulting their physical appearance and saying he didn’t find them attractive enough to assault. Last year, Trump also said he would provide evidence to show his innocence: “We already have substantial evidence to dispute these lies, and it will be made public in an appropriate way and at an appropriate time — very soon.” Trump has never produced anything, and the White House continues to say the women are lying.

Iraq War Opposition: During the campaign, Trump repeatedly claimed that he had opposed the Iraq invasion. He even said that if journalists simply searched old news articles, they’d find public statements to back him up. “If you look at 2003, there are articles. If you look at 2004, there are articles,” he said in February 2016. No one has been able to find public statements from Trump before the invasion saying he opposed it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-oft...170704149.html
It requires a great deal of faith in the Messiah to be a Trumpster. Outright lies. Yet they believe unconditionally.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surly For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Here is an even better question.

How many times did the left leaning Media make accusations about Trump and never provided and proof for.

I would say Trump clearly is not the leader in false accusations at all.

Of course the left wing idiot who wrote the OP will not go there.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2017, 09:12 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,619
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,309 Times in 9,280 Posts
Post Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
It requires a great deal of faith in the Messiah to be a Trumpster. Outright lies. Yet they believe unconditionally.
And not one of them will be honest enough to admit that.
Trump can make a new claim tomorrow and they'll simply repeat that cycle all over again...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2017, 10:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Lets us know when you want to address the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
Here is an even better question.

How many times did the left leaning Media make accusations about Trump and never provided and proof for.

I would say Trump clearly is not the leader in false accusations at all.

Of course the left wing idiot who wrote the OP will not go there.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 06:17 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,639
Thanks: 1,538
Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,025 Posts
Default Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
Here is an even better question.

How many times did the left leaning Media make accusations about Trump and never provided and proof for.

I would say Trump clearly is not the leader in false accusations at all.

Of course the left wing idiot who wrote the OP will not go there.

Regards, Kirk
The left wing idiots who wrote the OP are probably the same ones peddling the Trump Russia conspiracy nonsense or the nonsense that Trump won because of the Russians, but yet offer no proof or use some lame ass excuse as to why evidence can't be released.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 06:26 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,639
Thanks: 1,538
Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,025 Posts
Default Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Lets us know when you want to address the thread.
You do realize that for months the left(liberal democrats and a handful of RINOs) has been claiming the Russians helped trump win the election,that Trump and the Russians colluded, and all sorts of other nonsense without offering any actual proof? And when called to present that proof they use some sort of bull**** excuse as to why they can't show it. You people have absolutely no room to complain about someone not showing proof for their claims.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 10:28 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,360
Thanks: 2,258
Thanked 35,739 Times in 20,447 Posts
Default Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
And not one of them will be honest enough to admit that.
Trump can make a new claim tomorrow and they'll simply repeat that cycle all over again...
New to this forum?...

I've said that I fully understand that what Trump says is a crock, but he doing it to simply throw the Left and the media (redundancy alert) into a tizzy...

...and succeeding wildly...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 10:33 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Nope, he is just lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
New to this forum?...

I've said that I fully understand that what Trump says is a crock, but he doing it to simply throw the Left and the media (redundancy alert) into a tizzy...

...and succeeding wildly...
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Surly For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 12:20 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,619
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,309 Times in 9,280 Posts
Post Re: Trump Often Says He Has Proof For His Claims. But He Never Comes Through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
New to this forum?...
I've said that I fully understand that what Trump says is a crock, but he doing it to simply throw the Left and the media (redundancy alert) into a tizzy...
...and succeeding wildly...
I must have missed it.
Did you say it once and then immediately go back to bashing the left?
Was it a quick post while you then went back to trying to argue that Trumps' claims were true, despite the fact that he offered no evidence and the pseudo-evidence from the right never actually matches the original claim?

Quite frankly, I compare Trump's approach similar to Obama's approach regarding the birth certificate. And look how the right (and Trump) were thrown into a "tizzy".
The huge difference being that Obama did show his birth certificate to the necessary parties. Obama was telling the truth.
With Trump, the right runs with the claim with absolutely no concern regarding him actually taking the responsible steps if Trump were being truthful...


So while you are amused at Trump's lies causing people annoyance ...
Obama was being truthful regarding his birth certificate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly
Nope, he is just lying.
And the right will never admit it.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
but, claims, comes, for, has, his, never, often, proof, says, through, trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0